Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 747250 times)

FrozenIndustries

Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #2310 on: June 04, 2020, 09:00:45 AM »
Expand Quote
I know the new stage is already delayed, but these new colors make me think they're going to push it back even further.

Been skating an 8.5" popsicle with 55s, no washers inside, and 52mm conical fulls. Just tried it with 44s and extra washers and they just looked so small.
[close]

How it skate tho? I love the way a bigger board fees under feet, not psyched on losing what little I have in the flat ground trick department. Haven’t skated 55s, look sick, I’m sure they are real fun, I’ve been close several times to buying, and then just wuss out on the size weight.

It skates great. That's a whole can of worms, though, because the board I have them on is pretty much the opposite of my usual...this one is a square alien that I pulled out of a box of skated stuff. The board is pretty razored and ugly so I'll post a pic when I set up the Hockey 8.5" that I have on deck.

55's at 53mm high feels like riser territory as well being that wide
are they 407g compared to 169's which are 411g?

Not sure about the weight of either. But I will say that the 55s at stock tightness with the 52mm conical fulls, I haven't gotten any significant wheelbite. For how low they are, Aces are way harder to wheelbite, especially compared to a taller Indy 149. I ordered some loophole 56s because I am trying to get used to a larger wheel and might try some risers or harder bushing with those.

Diocletian

« Reply #2311 on: June 04, 2020, 10:20:55 AM »
I'm not much for colored trucks but their old version where they kept the red color in the lineup was sick. It was more of a dark cherry color as opposed to those baseplates which is like a brighter tart cherry/fire hydrant/curb. I'd rock that color if they brought them back.

StepDude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
« Reply #2312 on: June 04, 2020, 02:09:40 PM »
Just ordered some 44s , stock bushings any good? recommendations THX

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #2313 on: June 04, 2020, 02:10:40 PM »
I'm not much for colored trucks but their old version where they kept the red color in the lineup was sick. It was more of a dark cherry color as opposed to those baseplates which is like a brighter tart cherry/fire hydrant/curb. I'd rock that color if they brought them back.

Totally agree about the older red trucks. Much prettier. Fire engine red feels so aggressive imo

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2314 on: June 04, 2020, 02:13:16 PM »

100% The best you can have in ACE trucks, provided they are the new dual duro combo. Just skate them for a bit to let them break in.

Juanjo789

« Reply #2315 on: June 04, 2020, 05:06:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

100% The best you can have in ACE trucks, provided they are the new dual duro combo. Just skate them for a bit to let them break in.
im not having good luck with these bushings tho
is there any way to fix this at home without buying shit?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2316 on: June 04, 2020, 05:16:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
im not having good luck with these bushings tho
is there any way to fix this at home without buying shit?
your axles are driving me nuts
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #2317 on: June 04, 2020, 05:26:09 PM »
Holy fuck juanjo what is you doing baby? What in the fuck fuck fuckery fuck. The long bolts....the wheel falling off. There needs to be a basic level of.....you know what? I’m sure it’s gonna workout. I’d keep the trucks loose, and rock back n forth on your board when watching tv, and then just cruise around. Bushings will most likely break in.

Juanjo789

« Reply #2318 on: June 04, 2020, 05:42:12 PM »
Holy fuck juanjo what is you doing baby? What in the fuck fuck fuckery fuck. The long bolts....the wheel falling off. There needs to be a basic level of.....you know what? I’m sure it’s gonna workout. I’d keep the trucks loose, and rock back n forth on your board when watching tv, and then just cruise around. Bushings will most likely break in.
ive had these for 4-5 months, the wheel looks like that cause im paranoid about not being able to get my wheels off so i keep them loose but i keep the kingpin nut flush and they still do this shit

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #2319 on: June 04, 2020, 10:35:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
ive had these for 4-5 months, the wheel looks like that cause im paranoid about not being able to get my wheels off so i keep them loose but i keep the kingpin nut flush and they still do this shit

The axle nuts are a softer material than the axle. So you will always be able to get the wheel off, cause the nut will just strip, if the axle threads are too damaged.

Juanjo789

« Reply #2320 on: June 05, 2020, 04:58:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

The axle nuts are a softer material than the axle. So you will always be able to get the wheel off, cause the nut will just strip, if the axle threads are too damaged.
but i do a lot of flip tricks and my axle nuts get super deformed so i just keep it flush with the axle

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2321 on: June 05, 2020, 05:13:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
but i do a lot of flip tricks and my axle nuts get super deformed so i just keep it flush with the axle

That’s a new one.

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #2322 on: June 05, 2020, 05:15:17 AM »
Westgate does it
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2323 on: June 05, 2020, 05:18:07 AM »
Westgate does it

Does what? Let’s his wheel bang back forth a 1/2”? If true I’ll start doing it IMMEDIATELY, cuz he’s the shit. And I’ll apologize. Don’t believe it tho

Juanjo789

« Reply #2324 on: June 05, 2020, 07:24:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Westgate does it
[close]

Does what? Let’s his wheel bang back forth a 1/2”? If true I’ll start doing it IMMEDIATELY, cuz he’s the shit. And I’ll apologize. Don’t believe it tho
it makes sense if you think about it cause when the nut loses its shape the further out you got the less hassle it is to get it out

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #2325 on: June 05, 2020, 09:07:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Westgate does it
[close]

[close]
it makes sense if you think about it cause when the nut loses its shape the further out you got the less hassle it is to get it out

Why don't you just use more spacers? That picture is giving me mad anxiety.

Skart

• Ham control
« Reply #2326 on: June 05, 2020, 11:18:17 AM »
Yee he said it on his 9club episode

50-51mm, venture lows, flush axles
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 11:20:14 AM by Skart »

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2327 on: June 05, 2020, 12:25:39 PM »
Yee he said it on his 9club episode

50-51mm, venture lows, flush axles

Flush axles is one thing. Having the wheel Flopping about is something else.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #2328 on: June 05, 2020, 12:39:50 PM »
Having the wheel able to move half an inch is alot! That could quickly cause a bad situation. With nothing holding the bearing and wheel in place, the loads will be all over the place, and the bearings could seize up or become loose within the wheel. Kinda like you puncture a bicycle and continue to ride, the tire would fall off the rim

Juanjo789

« Reply #2329 on: June 05, 2020, 02:05:04 PM »
Having the wheel able to move half an inch is alot! That could quickly cause a bad situation. With nothing holding the bearing and wheel in place, the loads will be all over the place, and the bearings could seize up or become loose within the wheel. Kinda like you puncture a bicycle and continue to ride, the tire would fall off the rim
I had 2 washers on the inside, took 1 out and placed kt outside so It's fixed. I really want with the tilted trucks. Here's a picture of the pivot cup from the tilted trucks.
I think this shouldnt be happening and I'm sure its the pivot cup cause i tried other bushings and they tilt also

Skart

• Ham control
« Reply #2330 on: June 05, 2020, 11:04:48 PM »
Bruh watch the episode, he even talks about the loose wheels being something he likes

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #2331 on: June 14, 2020, 11:55:19 PM »
Anyone running 55s with 8.5-8.7 popsicles? Been into bigger boards lately so was thinking giving Ace chance, but im kinda afraid of the 9" axles sticking out too much.

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2332 on: June 15, 2020, 05:17:39 AM »
Ran 55s on 8.5 for most of 2019, I really loved it. Looking straight down at the board I couldn't see anything, maybe a milimeter of axle.  I always run trucks bigger than my board.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2333 on: June 15, 2020, 11:25:44 AM »
I've a lot of play in my wheels but not half a fucking inch; I also keep the axle nuts flush (primos). Speed rings/washers on the inside people!

m477

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2334 on: June 15, 2020, 06:03:24 PM »
Anyone running 55s with 8.5-8.7 popsicles? Been into bigger boards lately so was thinking giving Ace chance, but im kinda afraid of the 9" axles sticking out too much.
I used 55s on 8.62 and 8.75, didn’t stick out (not enough to bother me at least)

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #2335 on: June 15, 2020, 11:14:14 PM »

I had 55s on an 8.6 and it was fantastic. I recently popped them off because I stepped down to an 8.38 with a shorter wheelbase but wasn’t feeling the Thunder 149s I had on it. Before I pulled the trigger on some 44s, I put the 55s on just to see how they changed the feel of the pop and they’re perfect. I think this deck has steeper kicks so the shorter wheelbase didn’t achieve what I wanted with the Thunders.

So I’m hotdogging too much on an 8.38 but the 55s still feel good enough to convince me I need some 44s for this.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #2336 on: June 16, 2020, 04:40:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I had 2 washers on the inside, took 1 out and placed kt outside so It's fixed. I really want with the tilted trucks. Here's a picture of the pivot cup from the tilted trucks.
I think this shouldnt be happening and I'm sure its the pivot cup cause i tried other bushings and they tilt also

Isn't your kingpin loose ?
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #2337 on: June 16, 2020, 09:55:01 AM »
Thanks for answers! Gonna try soon when Aces are restocked in my country, are you guys running 8.5 setups with slimmer wheels since the truck is so wide?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2338 on: June 16, 2020, 11:19:46 AM »
Thanks for answers! Gonna try soon when Aces are restocked in my country, are you guys running 8.5 setups with slimmer wheels since the truck is so wide?

I did my 55s with 51mm tablets and put both washers on the outside. I ended up going back to 44s, though.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 11:24:50 AM by FrozenIndustries »

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #2339 on: June 16, 2020, 12:53:37 PM »
On my 8.6 w/ 55s, I was riding Speedlab Slappyhour 54s which are 33mm wide, 21mm contact patch, basically between a Spit conical and conical full. Just one washer on each side. Not particularly slim and they are fantastic.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine