Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 743596 times)

Lhotse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -36
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #4620 on: October 04, 2021, 02:03:30 PM »
I have made zero assumptions about you while you continue to make many about other posters here.

I asked you one question. That is not making a 'ton of assumptions.'

But I will make one now. You are intellectually challenged and very evidently incapable of a coherent discourse. As someone else mentioned, it is sad to see wisdom does not always come with age.

and you care too much about other people's objective opinions that don't coincide with yours. I didn't seek you out to talk trash, you knocked on my door, sonny boy. I said I like Ace AF1 trucks and posted a picture of my current set-up with an 8.5 Element deck that I like just fine. All of YOU, lost your shit!  ;D
This whole 'Ace thing' is just like when Indy released Stage 9. Half the people screamed "Indy sucks and I'll never buy 'em again" and the other half said "It's stupid to think Indy would make anything bad. It's Indy. Skate or die!" lmao
I say anything is good if you like it and it works for you. You don't need to buy something else just because someone who doesn't care about you, says so. Want some actual Wisdom? Try to be a nicer and more positive and accepting person. Winning arguments by being clever isn't all it's cracked up to be and you'll find your overall quality of life will significantly improve without the unnecessary toxicity wearing you down over time.

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #4621 on: October 04, 2021, 02:06:32 PM »
Expand Quote
I have made zero assumptions about you while you continue to make many about other posters here.

But I will make one now. You are intellectually challenged and very evidently incapable of a coherent discourse. As someone else mentioned, it is sad to see wisdom does not always come with age.
[close]

and you care too much about other people's objective opinions that don't coincide with yours. I didn't seek you out to talk trash, you knocked on my door, sonny boy. I said I like Ace AF1 trucks and posted a picture of my current set-up with an 8.5 Element deck that I like just fine. All of YOU, lost your shit!  ;D
This whole 'Ace thing' is just like when Indy released Stage 9. Half the people screamed "Indy sucks and I'll never buy 'em again" and the other half said "It's stupid to think Indy would make anything bad. It's Indy. Skate or die!" lmao
I say anything is good if you like it and it works for you. You don't need to buy something else just because someone who doesn't care about you, says so. Want some actual Wisdom? Try to be a nicer and more positive and accepting person. Winning arguments by being clever isn't all it's cracked up to be and you'll find your overall quality of life will significantly improve without the unnecessary toxicity wearing you down over time.

Try to be a nicer and more positive and accepting person.

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #4622 on: October 04, 2021, 02:08:10 PM »
This coincided perfectly with Instagram being down, great entertainment

vhsfisheye

« Reply #4623 on: October 04, 2021, 02:26:29 PM »
I don't think this is the place for me.  ::)
You guys are like those golfers who think they can buy their game in the pro shop, instead of taking a lesson from the pro and just learning how to hit a golf ball correctly.
You keep buying into a marketing strategy that tries to convince you that what you bought last year now sucks and you have to spend more money to stay relevant.
We used to cut our decks out of pine and oak boards and glue on wedges for kicktails and pour our bearings into the wheels because we had nothing else. The Alva plywood deck didn't come out until '77 and Rodney didn't invent street skating for another 10 years. I started on Bennett, then Tracker Mids and then Independent in '82 until I bought these Aces last spring and I've either owned, knew someone who did or at least seen everything that's come out for the last 47 years and know what? Bashing my deck for no good reason is just a douche thing to do and if you NEED a particular popsicle deck to ride your best, anymore than a scratch golfer actually 'needs' Beryllium Copper irons instead of forged steel? I don't think you're as good of a skater as you think you are.
Remember, the companies NEED you to keep buying every year to stay in business, you don't 'need' the difference in one $60. popsicle deck over another to skate. It's all in your head but go ahead and blather on like you know everything.
What does experience count for, right? You read Thrasher every month, you know everything. ::)

You don’t belong here because you’re an insecure baby boomer unable to adapt to change. I knew you were a kook as soon as you posted a longboard in the setups thread. And then proceeded to post your unskated  element setup in multiple threads so someone would pay attention to an aging poser. Focus your account please. I feel bad for anyone who has to interact with you at a skatepark.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4624 on: October 04, 2021, 02:26:42 PM »
Try to be a nicer and more positive and accepting person. Winning arguments by being clever isn't all it's cracked up to be and you'll find your overall quality of life will significantly improve without the unnecessary toxicity wearing you down over time.
Fuck your mother for both mistakes.

Everyone is toxic and overly obsessive with gear until it's your turn to bring up someones mother or set up your 4th set up to do nothing substantial.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #4625 on: October 04, 2021, 02:26:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You don't even know what 'objective' means. Like I said, I am a fan of Ace. You came in here in blaze of negativity without researching who you were talking to and what you are talking about.

Not all 'popsicles' are made in China for instance. We have threads and threads about all the information you think you know. You are making a fool of yourself.

Once again, you could do with practicing what you preach.

Hopefully, the Grumpy Old Cunts forum on Facebook will be back up soon, eh?

Frank and Fred

« Reply #4626 on: October 04, 2021, 02:31:28 PM »
I am now assuming @Lhotse is an alias one of you created for a bit of a laugh... ;D

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 204
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
« Reply #4627 on: October 04, 2021, 02:42:26 PM »
this is what joey tershay does to people. steals people's money and creates division in slap forums  ;D

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4628 on: October 04, 2021, 02:57:12 PM »
Expand Quote
I don’t know if I’m quite ready to trust someone riding an element deck in 2021, but it’s good to see it’s not all doom and gloom on these last few pages. I have a pair of AF1 55s that I’ve been meaning to setup but every time I check this thread I start to self doubt my decision…
[close]

1) You have a problem with my deck? It's a popsicle board. With the exception of something like Powell's 'Flight' decks, once you get past $50, there really isn't much difference in any of them. They all get 'private labeled' out the same factory in China with different graphics applied for the customer's brand name. My Element is no different than your Baker, Creature or Plan B but go ahead and bash me if it makes you happy.
2) You actually bought trucks or ANY gear and...you didn't install it within seconds of getting it and ride the sh!t out of it until the sun went down? Do you admire them on a shelf like some 'Objet d'art'? Do you dust them off occasionally?  ;D
and YOU are criticizing ME? REALLY?!  ::)
um… it was a joke, but that sure escalated quickly :0

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Lhotse

« Reply #4629 on: October 04, 2021, 03:15:29 PM »
Not all 'popsicles' are made in China for instance. We have threads and threads about all the information you think you know.
I know that but who the f*ck cares where it's made?! You think it makes a huge difference and I'm telling you it doesn't and I've owned a ton of them. You'll chew them all up and break them, just as fast. It's just maple veneers and wood glue in a die press, not cold fusion. Believe what you want but if I sanded down any two 'over $50.' popsicle boards and set them up the same, I'd be VERY surprised if you could tell me which was which from riding them. I'm not talking about Walmart decks, the upper-end well known brands but keep insulting me instead of validating your point without other people's help to make yourself feel superior. lmao I can feel your rage from here. ;D

Fhk

« Reply #4630 on: October 04, 2021, 03:31:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Not all 'popsicles' are made in China for instance. We have threads and threads about all the information you think you know.
[close]
I know that but who the f*ck cares where it's made?! You think it makes a huge difference and I'm telling you it doesn't and I've owned a ton of them. You'll chew them all up and break them, just as fast. It's just maple veneers and wood glue in a die press, not cold fusion. Believe what you want but if I sanded down any two 'over $50.' popsicle boards and set them up the same, I'd be VERY surprised if you could tell me which was which from riding them. I'm not talking about Walmart decks, the upper-end well known brands but keep insulting me instead of validating your point without other people's help to make yourself feel superior. lmao I can feel your rage from here. ;D
This is untrue with "popsicle boards" however in your defense it maybe true with longboards. That being said I think your in the wrong place for that horseshit. Too-da-loo

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 679
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #4631 on: October 04, 2021, 03:31:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You do not realize how much you are embarrassing yourself.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

vhsfisheye

« Reply #4632 on: October 04, 2021, 03:39:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Surprised you didn’t post this on the fits thread
facebook login bahasa indonesia

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1439
« Reply #4633 on: October 04, 2021, 03:54:58 PM »
I'm never switching from Indy, it's clear these ace trucks are a chaos rune of some sort  ;D

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #4634 on: October 04, 2021, 03:59:17 PM »
Happy that I can add "extremely confident and extremely misinformed, longboard boomer" to my list of internet guy archetypes.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #4635 on: October 04, 2021, 04:07:09 PM »
Lhotse,

If you grew up through the 70’s and 80’s, you know that people could be just as obsessive about their gear as people now. Especially trucks. This is no different than then.
Kids now that do through decks monthly or even weekly do notice differences in manufacturing. I’m not at that level, so like you I don’t notice nor care, but there is a huge thread dedicated just to US woodshops, and which brands use them.

As for Ace, except for having to drill out a mounting hole because it wasn’t big enough for a bolt to pass through (not great quality control), I haven’t had a problem with Ace yet either.

But half this thread is people talking about the shitty problems they’ve had with Ace’s. So it was a bit funny when you came in talking about how everyone loves them and don’t have any problems.

Which is fine, but people on here take it as seriously as skaters have always taken this shit, and the whole point of these gear forums is for people to quibble about stuff.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Lhotse

« Reply #4636 on: October 04, 2021, 04:23:34 PM »
Happy that I can add "extremely confident and extremely misinformed, longboard boomer" to my list of internet guy archetypes.

Just so you know, I'm reading your name and looking at your avatar and struggling to do anything but laugh my ass off. Oh the irony! The fact you even have that list just says it all, really. ;D

CannerSpaghetti

« Reply #4637 on: October 04, 2021, 04:31:22 PM »
Lhotse,

If you grew up through the 70’s and 80’s, you know that people could be just as obsessive about their gear as people now. Especially trucks. This is no different than then.
Kids now that do through decks monthly or even weekly do notice differences in manufacturing. I’m not at that level, so like you I don’t notice nor care, but there is a huge thread dedicated just to US woodshops, and which brands use them.

As for Ace, except for having to drill out a mounting hole because it wasn’t big enough for a bolt to pass through (not great quality control), I haven’t had a problem with Ace yet either.

But half this thread is people talking about the shitty problems they’ve had with Ace’s. So it was a bit funny when you came in talking about how everyone loves them and don’t have any problems.

Which is fine, but people on here take it as seriously as skaters have always taken this shit, and the whole point of these gear forums is for people to quibble about stuff.

Very stoked on your use of the word "quibble". Heard that word twice in my life and both times were this week so that's crazy.

Lhotse

« Reply #4638 on: October 04, 2021, 04:34:35 PM »
Lhotse,

Yea, I know, you're right of course but man, do they have to get so cunty about it? I said I liked something, not "something sucks" and then this.
Nothing that gets smashed on concrete over and over every day is gonna last forever. Just accept that. As for everything else? If YOU like it and it works for you, forget what others say, just go ride and enjoy it! It's just a skateboard, not a spaceship. There's just so much you can do to improve it within the limitations of wood and steel. Maybe carbon fiber boards will ride better once the design engineering improves or someone will invent a better composite like they did with Glock pistols. I'm just gonna keep riding and having good times with my friends...and ride wtf I want, no matter who disapproves. ;D

Frank and Fred

« Reply #4639 on: October 04, 2021, 04:38:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I know that but who the f*ck cares where it's made?!

You do. You were the one who initiated a conversation (with false information) about Chinese made decks in a truck thread...  ;D

This is great. Keep digging your own grave.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4640 on: October 04, 2021, 04:42:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

With all due respect, this is incorrect. Boards manufactured overseas from where they are sold have to be shipped, and the conditions that the wood endures whether flown or shipped significantly affect its structural integrity.

Want some actual Wisdom? Try to be a nicer and more positive and accepting person. Winning arguments by being clever isn't all it's cracked up to be and you'll find your overall quality of life will significantly improve without the unnecessary toxicity wearing you down over time.

I completely agree with this. You hit the nail on the head when it comes to one of the main reasons why a huge portion of skaters are turned off by Slap: it can be a very petty and bitter place.

With that said, there are many people on here that really know their shit when it comes to nerding out about skate gear, so it's best to keep an open and somewhat flexible mind while browsing and posting here.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Fhk

« Reply #4641 on: October 04, 2021, 04:55:21 PM »
I got two sets of the new Ace hard bushings today, and they feel exactly the same as the stock ones. Just putting that out there. Pardon the interruption.  ;D

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #4642 on: October 04, 2021, 05:08:19 PM »
What is your go-to iHOP order @Lhotse? Myself, I like saying "rooty-tooty-fresh-n-fruity" out loud, but when it comes down to it, you can bet your bottom dollar I order the sampler with a side of biscuits and gravy.

All of this brings me to my next point:
What ever happened to good ol' fashioned family fun? Heck, every Wednesday night as a kid we'd have family board game night. We'd order in pizza or some other type of take out and just really get to know each other.  Scrabble, Monopoly, Risk, you name it.  Charades was a family classic at the pugmaster household*!

So much has changed... smart phones have everyone like zombies these days. Even at the Elk's lodge!  I'm like, "everyone, put down that DAG GUM** PHONE!" Makes me fit to be tied!

*Before the divorce
**I actually say God damn
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

babywantsbluevelvet

• Rep: 36
« Reply #4643 on: October 04, 2021, 05:08:40 PM »
I don’t think Indy could pay for a better marketing strategy than Llhotse’s presence here.

Lhotse

« Reply #4644 on: October 04, 2021, 05:25:01 PM »
With all due respect, this is incorrect. Boards manufactured overseas from where they are sold have to be shipped, and the conditions that the wood endures whether flown or shipped significantly affect its structural integrity.

I don't care about that anymore than where the wood came from or what brand of wood glue they used or what town it's from, I'll fall back on my original point, how does it ride?
and not for nothing, implying that Chinese workers are somehow inferior to any other country is just ignorant. They make everything you're wearing and almost everything else in your house. Nowpeople wanna get fussy about origin because it's skateboards and not Air Jordans? 'the f*ck outta here with that. I say NONE of that sales-pitch bullshit means anything unless you can ride it. Just like golf, you can't buy skill in a store.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1439
« Reply #4645 on: October 04, 2021, 05:37:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't care about that anymore than where the wood came from or what brand of wood glue they used or what town it's from, I'll fall back on my original point, how does it ride?
and not for nothing, implying that Chinese workers are somehow inferior to any other country is just ignorant. They make everything you're wearing and almost everything else in your house. Nowpeople wanna get fussy about origin because it's skateboards and not Air Jordans? 'the f*ck outta here with that. I say NONE of that sales-pitch bullshit means anything unless you can ride it. Just like golf, you can't buy skill in a store.

Hell yeah brother, f*ck these haters

superleftswipebby

• Rep: 12
« Reply #4646 on: October 04, 2021, 05:54:57 PM »
what the fuck jus happened here?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4647 on: October 04, 2021, 06:16:45 PM »
what the fuck jus happened here?
I probably shouldn’t have joked about the element board…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4648 on: October 04, 2021, 06:22:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude, where did I imply this? I was trying to be respectful with my response so that we could actually talk about skate stuff, and you put those words in my mouth? I wasn't commenting on who made the boards, I was commenting on how they get to the skater. What I said goes the exact same for Chinese skaters who want to buy USA made boards. I strongly suggest that you stop posting on this site for the sake of your own self esteem.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 679
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #4649 on: October 04, 2021, 06:34:59 PM »
I don’t think Indy could pay for a better marketing strategy than Llhotse’s presence here.

Facts.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre