Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 321314 times)

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #3930 on: November 04, 2019, 08:16:16 AM »
the international space station does one complete revolution around the earth in 90 minutes .. thatís four miles per second .. it blows my mind that astronauts do space walks outside of it yet they donít experience acceleration
dont shalom me if you don't know me.

Audrey II

• Rep: 14091
« Reply #3931 on: November 04, 2019, 08:18:20 AM »
I got offered an insane amount of money for this.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

got me thinking what is it worth

The jacket is a 1970s two pocket levi type 3 that John Travolta touched in 2013. I have two more. Should have had him sign one.

The AxCx patch I got from Seth Putnam. Charley I think sold me the Psycho.

The Hand printed anticimex back patch came from crusty tim I think. I got it at an anarchist market

My ex boyfriend got me the other stuff.

There's 20 coats of a special paint that I mixed by hand in 2002 and ran out of.

It smells like a service yard for public transportation

I feel it's wrong to sell this to someone

I could have built a miniramp with the money. Maybe I would trade for a miniramp idk

what is an insane price to you? no offense but that looks like the most uncomfortable piece of clothing ever.
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

WastedHippy

• Rep: 36
« Reply #3932 on: November 04, 2019, 11:47:54 AM »
has anyone ever clicked a banner ad on a website thinking "oh yes i need this" then proceeded to purchase the product?

i just feel like digital ad space is kinda pointless sometimes and only reminds people that yes, that company is still around. looking at the slap ads, its obviously stuff i am interested in and even still i wouldnt click and buy through a digital ad. especially these fucking krux ads.

haha this is a good question, I'd be curious to know if anyone actually just made an on the spot purchase due to a banner because it seems unlikely

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #3933 on: November 04, 2019, 12:21:02 PM »
I wanna try that cinnamon Coke that Twitter ads have been pushing on me.

Spent a bunch of time just looking at SkimTheFat archived pages this weekend, that site was way ahead of its time.
https://web.archive.org/web/*/skimthefat.com
Nancy Drew

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #3934 on: November 05, 2019, 06:19:43 AM »
the international space station does one complete revolution around the earth in 90 minutes .. thatís four miles per second .. it blows my mind that astronauts do space walks outside of it yet they donít experience acceleration
It's because they aren't accelerating any more.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3935 on: November 05, 2019, 12:17:58 PM »

ya i donít quite understand it .. theyíre ďmovingĒ 4 miles per second somehow .. im dumb so i donít think itíll ever register

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
« Reply #3936 on: November 05, 2019, 12:35:54 PM »
I donít pay to attention to sports but I was listening to bill burr today and he was talking about Alex Bregman hitting and home run & holding his bat all the way to 1st base . Burr has big gripe against all the constant unnecessary celebration in sports these days . So Iím curious what other people think here on the board ? Me personally I donít care for arrogance and disrespect to something thatís been around a lot longer then I have been around for and todayís society doesnít care much for previous rules . they want to make there own set of rules for others to follow .

I hate unnecessary celebrating in football, mainly. Hate it with a passion.

Most of the time when a guy scores a TD, he gets the whole team in the endzone to pose for the camera or some shit. Just spike the ball (or preferably hand it to the ref) and jog back to the sidelines.

The worst is when a guy from a team that is losing by 35 points will get up after getting a first down and point down the field. What are you celebrating? You are getting your asses kicked. Just shut the fuck up.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 674
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3937 on: November 06, 2019, 04:42:17 AM »

ya i donít quite understand it .. theyíre ďmovingĒ 4 miles per second somehow .. im dumb so i donít think itíll ever register

I don't quite understand all of it either, but I think because they're not accelerating or changing the speed at which they're moving, they don't feel that movement. Like when you fly on a plane, you feel the speed when you take off, but when your cruising at like 500-something mph, you don't feel like you're going that fast.

Plus theres no gravity or any other force working against you when you're in space.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #3938 on: November 06, 2019, 04:47:20 AM »

I don't quite understand all of it either, but I think because they're not accelerating or changing the speed at which they're moving, they don't feel that movement. Like when you fly on a plane, you feel the speed when you take off, but when your cruising at like 500-something mph, you don't feel like you're going that fast.

Plus theres no gravity or any other force working against you when you're in space.

Yea something similar when I was a kid, i thought that if you were on a train and jumped, while you were in the air the train would move under your feet and you would float. But i guess since you are going the same speed it doesnt work like that. Yea though space walks seem pretty fucking wild with no wind resistance it must be weird as hell.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 04:52:44 AM by os89 »

Jollyoli

• Rep: 73
« Reply #3939 on: November 06, 2019, 06:46:48 AM »

Yea something similar when I was a kid, i thought that if you were on a train and jumped, while you were in the air the train would move under your feet and you would float. But i guess since you are going the same speed it doesnt work like that. Yea though space walks seem pretty fucking wild with no wind resistance it must be weird as hell.
What trips me out is that there is gravity and the space station is effectively falling however due to it's speed and position in low earth orbit it never hits the ground.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 812
« Reply #3940 on: November 06, 2019, 03:35:48 PM »
I just made spam with hash browns and put a slice of cheese on top for dinner. Being broke is fun. Whatís the strangest concoction yíall have come up with when money is tight but need to eat?

Itís not that gross but itís not great.

50mm

• Rep: 75
« Reply #3941 on: November 06, 2019, 03:55:47 PM »
I've been skating for 32 years and I'm finally realizing that the glory days are over. I'm starting to grasp that skating will never be as popular as it was in the 2000s again. Skateshops are closing, I never see anyone street skating when I am out and and about and when I do see someone with a board 9 times out of 10 it's a longboard or a penny cruiser. I should mention I live in Southern California. I have to say, I'm kinda stoked that our thing is kinda going underground again. I've also realized most of us are crazy for sticking with this shit for as long as we all have and to love it as much as we do is not considered normal by the mainstream non-skating public. FUCK EM

I remember as a teenager skating around the city of sydney, you would see skaters at every street corner, you couldnt hit a spot without other people cruising up to it. I know the skate scene in sydney is still somewhat strong but i just rarely see skaters out now
I live in the middle of nowhere. Itís crazy now when I think how nobody is out skating anymore. I donít see anyone anyways. We used to roll around like bandits and cross the paths of others doing the same.
Lol. You sold your iguana at a garage sale?
Haha yeah.  $50 for Spike + his glass tank & heating light.     

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 215
« Reply #3942 on: November 06, 2019, 04:08:15 PM »
I've been skating for 32 years and I'm finally realizing that the glory days are over. I'm starting to grasp that skating will never be as popular as it was in the 2000s again. Skateshops are closing, I never see anyone street skating when I am out and and about and when I do see someone with a board 9 times out of 10 it's a longboard or a penny cruiser. I should mention I live in Southern California. I have to say, I'm kinda stoked that our thing is kinda going underground again. I've also realized most of us are crazy for sticking with this shit for as long as we all have and to love it as much as we do is not considered normal by the mainstream non-skating public. FUCK EM

I remember as a teenager skating around the city of sydney, you would see skaters at every street corner, you couldnt hit a spot without other people cruising up to it. I know the skate scene in sydney is still somewhat strong but i just rarely see skaters out now
I live in the middle of nowhere. Itís crazy now when I think how nobody is out skating anymore. I donít see anyone anyways. We used to roll around like bandits and cross the paths of others doing the same.

It used to be a more frequent thing everywhere: packs of skaters roaring down the street. That was such an awesome sight and sound. They've successfully domesticated and tamed skateboarding. Or maybe the younger generation doesn't see the point of leaving the park. There are still small isolated groups hitting the streets but it's not the same.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • "...itís sicker to not get footage.Ē ó Nik Stain
« Reply #3943 on: November 06, 2019, 07:14:17 PM »
I feel like a bitch saying this but there are definitely too many parks in new york city and it feels like bread and circuses to keep us away from borough hall and big screen or whatever.* also I got kicked out of that park in East Harlem with the concrete mini because it's completely within the confines of a school's recess area and adults can't be in there during school hours.

*full disclosure: this is part of the subject of my undergrad urban studies thesis
I really dislike all sam hydes skits but i like the ted talk he gave its kinda funny.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 215
« Reply #3944 on: November 06, 2019, 07:21:53 PM »
why did 360s go out of style in the mid to late 90s and what led to their comeback? jeremy wray and some other people did front threes sometimes but even those were rare and you almost never saw back threes.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 12
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #3945 on: November 06, 2019, 08:44:27 PM »

It used to be a more frequent thing everywhere: packs of skaters roaring down the street. That was such an awesome sight and sound. They've successfully domesticated and tamed skateboarding. Or maybe the younger generation doesn't see the point of leaving the park. There are still small isolated groups hitting the streets but it's not the same.

I loved this, makes me feel lucky to grow up with that in the city.... those were the best times of my life, its sad to see how much things have changed.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Skart

• Rep: -1
« Reply #3946 on: November 07, 2019, 02:44:00 PM »
I just made spam with hash browns and put a slice of cheese on top for dinner. Being broke is fun. Whatís the strangest concoction yíall have come up with when money is tight but need to eat?

Itís not that gross but itís not great.
Hashbrowns are dope

Beef ramen burrito/pizzas or just spread

bbq sauce, pickle juice/pickles (no sweet), pulled pork atop a few mashed out bricks of ramen
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 02:48:06 PM by Skart »

shucknjive

• Rep: -22
« Reply #3947 on: November 07, 2019, 02:48:27 PM »
me

da hippy $kate kid

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -676
« Reply #3948 on: November 08, 2019, 02:56:10 AM »
why did 360s go out of style in the mid to late 90s and what led to their comeback? jeremy wray and some other people did front threes sometimes but even those were rare and you almost never saw back threes.
  The front ones never quite made it 'out of style' but the backside ones def did.  I wonder who brought the back 3 back?  J klein in The End?   360 flips were out of style for a lil minute there even at one point.
half passed kiss my ass quarter to my hole

no habla mango

• Rep: -8
« Reply #3949 on: November 08, 2019, 03:50:10 AM »
  The front ones never quite made it 'out of style' but the backside ones def did.  I wonder who brought the back 3 back?  J klein in The End?   360 flips were out of style for a lil minute there even at one point.
willy santos is the one i remember doing them in Uno. then greco. klein did them but he also did fast plants. i don't think anyone [other than greco] was copying klein's playbook.

morningcommute

• Rep: 20
« Reply #3950 on: November 08, 2019, 12:32:43 PM »
I wonder, am I the only person that thought to themselves tonight
"Shall I watch an Andrew Pott section next?".

hmmmokay

• Rep: 24
  • content nausea
« Reply #3951 on: November 08, 2019, 07:01:42 PM »
I wonder, am I the only person that thought to themselves tonight
"Shall I watch an Andrew Pott section next?".

His Oakley "Our Life" part has a lot of technically crazy tricks in it. I was 14-15 when that video came out and I always found myself intrigued by his part because he was so opposite of what I wanted my skating to look like both in trick selection and clothing style.

Edit: just watched the part again to refresh my memory. A lot of the clips in this part could hold up today but I think his real downfall was the tall tee. Looks like he went too many sizes too tall.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 07:05:34 PM by hmmmokay »

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3952 on: November 08, 2019, 08:07:15 PM »
i wonder if any of the chicks ive thought about while jerkin off have ever done the same with me

Adam Abbas

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
  • wig the frig out
« Reply #3953 on: November 08, 2019, 08:14:51 PM »
has anyone ever clicked a banner ad on a website thinking "oh yes i need this" then proceeded to purchase the product?

i just feel like digital ad space is kinda pointless sometimes and only reminds people that yes, that company is still around. looking at the slap ads, its obviously stuff i am interested in and even still i wouldnt click and buy through a digital ad. especially these fucking krux ads.

I almost never buy anything new as a result of ads. I'm not saying that to sound cool - it's fine to be influenced by advertising. Ads have definitely influenced me - but it's usually for a product I'm aware of beforehand. First I hear good things about it, then if I'm introduced to an ad and it's not cringeworthy, that's icing on the cake.

I would be interested in seeing the clickthrough rate for some of the ads on Slap, though. Can't be that much.

Audrey II

• Rep: 14091
« Reply #3954 on: November 09, 2019, 06:52:31 AM »

I almost never buy anything new as a result of ads. I'm not saying that to sound cool

Well too late because you already sound really cool.  Iím talkiní The Fonz whacking the jukebox, Uncle Jesse and the Rippers cool.

Youíre telling me manny Santiago and his blue hair hasnít enticed you to buy krux lows?
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #3955 on: November 09, 2019, 10:09:36 PM »
What goes into the decision making process when guys cross their legs like this?:

Itís a little androgynous.   And arenít  their nuts constantly getting crushed?

Monkey_Mcpott

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1006
  • Go buy a Pat Burke board!
« Reply #3956 on: November 09, 2019, 10:23:46 PM »
What goes into the decision making process when guys cross their legs like this?:

Itís a little androgynous.   And arenít  their nuts constantly getting crushed?

I stretch all the time and I still cant get my legs to do this.

AssFlea

• Rep: -7
« Reply #3957 on: November 09, 2019, 10:55:02 PM »
I got offered an insane amount of money for this.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

got me thinking what is it worth

The jacket is a 1970s two pocket levi type 3 that John Travolta touched in 2013. I have two more. Should have had him sign one.

The AxCx patch I got from Seth Putnam. Charley I think sold me the Psycho.

The Hand printed anticimex back patch came from crusty tim I think. I got it at an anarchist market

My ex boyfriend got me the other stuff.

There's 20 coats of a special paint that I mixed by hand in 2002 and ran out of.

It smells like a service yard for public transportation

I feel it's wrong to sell this to someone

I could have built a miniramp with the money. Maybe I would trade for a miniramp idk

what is an insane price to you? no offense but that looks like the most uncomfortable piece of clothing ever.

people say that then they try it on. It fits me like a second skin. I built it on the subways and busses hand stitched it with 10 rolls of dental floss. I was wearing it daily under a leather so its hella soft. Its 22 lbs of awesome. I got offered several hundred a few times.

To sell this to someone is against my beliefs. Same with excepting sponsorships for skating. Shop is cool. Local board company cool. All else is lame shit
Let me give you the same advice my father gave me, all right
Give up hope. Look at me. Dreams are for suckers.

Ain't no future for you.

And don't think about gettin' no job, Tray

Skart

• Rep: -1
« Reply #3958 on: November 10, 2019, 12:40:45 AM »
Did you know Seth or did you get the AC patch at a show?

DarthDingusMaximus

• Rep: -79
  • Strange world we are in these days........
« Reply #3959 on: November 10, 2019, 07:01:14 AM »
Amish communities are weird, tried to talk to a few different times when I see them and they are not overtly rude but certainly not friendly people just reserved to the outsiders, and I have always wanted to have a one on one conversation with one to get inside their heads.

I know you ate my shrimp, there was 8 but got 7.