Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 285408 times)

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • The blank from hell.
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #2160 on: October 06, 2020, 08:14:10 AM »
I'm a couple years late but Mindhunter is perfect for October. I tried to watch it a couple years ago, but that was when my gf and I first started dating and it got Netflix and Chill'd. It's about the FBI agents that started to study serial killers before they came up with the term serial killer, and the profiling and stuff they do to try and figure out how someone like that thinks and acts. So on the show you see them interviewing all these famous serial killers like Son of Sam, Ed Kemper etc. I gave it another show a couple weeks ago and finished it in like a week.

Its a really good show and no just because they have all these famous killers. Its actually extremely well rounded. Cinematography would have some appreciation for the editing, camera work and perfect soundtrack. Some of my favorites songs are scattered throughout the show.

Deputy Wendell

• Rep: 45
  • "Aw hells bells, they even shot the dog."
« Reply #2161 on: October 06, 2020, 08:44:35 AM »
I'm a couple years late but Mindhunter is perfect for October. I tried to watch it a couple years ago, but that was when my gf and I first started dating and it got Netflix and Chill'd. It's about the FBI agents that started to study serial killers before they came up with the term serial killer, and the profiling and stuff they do to try and figure out how someone like that thinks and acts. So on the show you see them interviewing all these famous serial killers like Son of Sam, Ed Kemper etc. I gave it another show a couple weeks ago and finished it in like a week.

Its a really good show and no just because they have all these famous killers. Its actually extremely well rounded. Cinematography would have some appreciation for the editing, camera work and perfect soundtrack. Some of my favorites songs are scattered throughout the show.

agree, i got sucked right into it and watched it right though the first time--i actually just put it back on my list to rewatch. it's been a minute, but i feel like i remember all of the scenes focused on Edmund Kempe being pretty fucking tense. i knew this scene would be on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-IgKyqR4QM

i forget, do they end it like there's the possibility of more episodes?

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • The blank from hell.
« Reply #2162 on: October 06, 2020, 08:53:12 AM »
Thatís the end of season 1 and season 2 has another dope ending. They are on a hiatus right now because the guy is directing a movie and they didnít want to hold everyone to contract if they didnít have a shooting schedule. In The Light is my favorite Led Zeppelin song so when it came on I was stoked. So many good tracks. But that is a great great sequence Iíve watched a couple times. Season 2 has a great sequence set to M.E. when they are doing stakeouts. 

I forgot to mention how accurate it is as well. A lot of the dialogue is verbatim from the actual jail house interviews with killers. Even just how they talk about certain crimes shut down a lot of legend that has grown about them in real life.

finecojeffe

• Rep: 17
    • Fine-Co
« Reply #2163 on: October 06, 2020, 09:00:51 AM »
In The Light is my favorite Led Zeppelin song so when it came on I was stoked. So many good tracks. But that is a great great sequence Iíve watched a couple times. Season 2 has a great sequence set to M.E. when they are doing stakeouts. 

The use of that song was perfect

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • The blank from hell.
« Reply #2164 on: October 06, 2020, 09:13:47 AM »

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #2165 on: October 12, 2020, 09:25:54 AM »
Watching The Last Dance now and itís pretty damn good

Putting eyeshadow on and shaving your armpits before a pickup game is psychological warfare.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 81
« Reply #2166 on: October 18, 2020, 02:55:20 AM »
any watched the Haunting of Bly Manor yet?

i really liked hill House so was looking forward to this, it started real strong but the ending was a bit meh

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2167 on: October 18, 2020, 12:58:45 PM »
My Octopus Teacher was really good.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Acky Jacky

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2168 on: October 18, 2020, 04:21:32 PM »
My Octopus Teacher was really good.

Me and my gf watched this it is pretty fascinating. Funny and emotional, but not too heavy.