Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread  (Read 2186142 times)

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
Re: Sale Gear Thread
« Reply #11790 on: December 02, 2022, 05:08:51 PM »
Sounds like post vasectomy instructions.  Lol. Don’t ask how I know.

Wish I would have listened to mine.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #11791 on: December 02, 2022, 05:41:20 PM »
SWH has the new Royal trucks going at $30-ish a pair for the standard raw models. Worth picking up if you're curious
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #11792 on: December 02, 2022, 11:10:55 PM »
I couldn’t imagine suffering credit card fraud for some royal trucks
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #11793 on: December 03, 2022, 03:39:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Those are them.  I don’t understand parade world.  It’s like a left. Overs market place? I wear 10.5 80$. But in size 12 they are 50$. Interesting sales model.   Is it like Ross or Marshall’s of skate goods?
[close]

Its very strange.

Its a marketplace of local skate shops. Think like Ebay where its a bunch of different individual sellers... but for some reason they hide who the sellers are now (this was a change from when they started). So you might be buying from a local shop in Boston or Texas or whatever, but you won't really know?

Its weird. I don't know the exact details of how sales like this one works for example.

Its fine for getting one rare item or one things that's on sale, but if you are trying to grab a bunch of things all at once, you are going to be paying shipping individually for each one.

folks caught on that the shop they were ordering from may be running a code, so shoppers would then order directly from the shops.

Parade gotta get theirs

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

switchfakie

« Reply #11794 on: December 03, 2022, 04:05:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Those are them.  I don’t understand parade world.  It’s like a left. Overs market place? I wear 10.5 80$. But in size 12 they are 50$. Interesting sales model.   Is it like Ross or Marshall’s of skate goods?
[close]

Its very strange.

Its a marketplace of local skate shops. Think like Ebay where its a bunch of different individual sellers... but for some reason they hide who the sellers are now (this was a change from when they started). So you might be buying from a local shop in Boston or Texas or whatever, but you won't really know?

Its weird. I don't know the exact details of how sales like this one works for example.

Its fine for getting one rare item or one things that's on sale, but if you are trying to grab a bunch of things all at once, you are going to be paying shipping individually for each one.
[close]

folks caught on that the shop they were ordering from may be running a code, so shoppers would then order directly from the shops.

Parade gotta get theirs

yeh i did that with some rare items before

found it on parade and ended up finding the same thing on the skateshops website with a discount code on the front page

if the shipping policy ordeal wasnt so bad on parade, id buy from there more, but its fucking abysmal

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #11795 on: December 03, 2022, 07:10:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Sounds like post vasectomy instructions.  Lol. Don’t ask how I know.
[close]

Wish I would have listened to mine.
I’m listening to mine including wearing bike shorts to keep my middle aged nuts from swinging around painfully.

chronicbackpain

• Rep: 157
« Reply #11796 on: December 03, 2022, 05:06:20 PM »
23% off at 303 until Wednesday. It works on sale items too. There's apparently some exclusions but everything I added to the cart got the discount.

https://www.303boards.com/

trash

• Rep: 11
« Reply #11797 on: December 04, 2022, 12:20:17 AM »
honestly, who cares.  shit literally happens all the time with online retailers and your money is insured.  it sucks and its an inconvenience, but a class action suit over it is completely ridiculous.  it was an error and its been corrected, no need to try to ruin a decent shop over it.

lol what a terrible take. Just because you get sale-price Bones Reds from them doesn't forgive their laziness and negligence.

You going to defend Equifax next?

Fat Tony

• Rep: 6
« Reply #11798 on: December 04, 2022, 06:46:22 AM »
Expand Quote
honestly, who cares.  shit literally happens all the time with online retailers and your money is insured.  it sucks and its an inconvenience, but a class action suit over it is completely ridiculous.  it was an error and its been corrected, no need to try to ruin a decent shop over it.
[close]

lol what a terrible take. Just because you get sale-price Bones Reds from them doesn't forgive their laziness and negligence.

You going to defend Equifax next?

Yeah, it happened twice I think. I was affected by it once; new credit card, updating autopays. I won’t be ordering from there again.

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #11799 on: December 04, 2022, 08:22:06 AM »
That 303 sale is RAD.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #11800 on: December 04, 2022, 11:37:31 AM »
That 303 sale is RAD.

Yeah, trying to stop myself from buying MORE LRABs….

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #11801 on: December 05, 2022, 08:37:48 AM »
Has anyone bought from Brooklyn Projects online before? I ordered from them a week ago and haven't heard anything...they seem to have a good reputation but wanna know what experiences you all have had?

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #11802 on: December 05, 2022, 09:59:53 AM »
Has anyone bought from Brooklyn Projects online before? I ordered from them a week ago and haven't heard anything...they seem to have a good reputation but wanna know what experiences you all have had?

You guys really need to learn patience
You think you’re really the only one ordering from this shop during the busiest weekend of the year?
I’m sure they will get to you, just have patience dude

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 300
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #11803 on: December 05, 2022, 10:49:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
just have patience dude

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #11804 on: December 05, 2022, 11:13:11 AM »
It is the busiest time of year for any package delivery service. There will be delays and slowdowns. It's part of the game of shopping these holiday deals.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #11805 on: December 05, 2022, 11:45:49 AM »
I think a week is actually kind of a long time to not hear *anything*, busy season or not
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #11806 on: December 05, 2022, 12:24:56 PM »
I think a week is actually kind of a long time to not hear *anything*, busy season or not

I agree, I understand something like the FA warehouse sale and those delays but a smaller skateshop sale with a week of no update is different, all in all im sure I will receive my package and be patient

streetmeat

• Rep: 172
« Reply #11807 on: December 05, 2022, 02:19:02 PM »
its funny coming from a hobby like backpacking where it takes sometimes months to a full year to get gear you ordered. i have a box from FA thats been nearly a month since ordering and it hasnt phased me. not everything is amazon prime

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #11808 on: December 05, 2022, 02:19:27 PM »
its funny coming from a hobby like backpacking where it takes sometimes months to a full year to get gear you ordered. i have a box from FA thats been nearly a month since ordering and it hasnt phased me. not everything is amazon prime

Try ordering a custom bicycle frame.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #11809 on: December 05, 2022, 04:10:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

HAHA. I want a custom road bike and I know if I order in 2023 I won't be getting it until 2024 😆

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #11810 on: December 05, 2022, 05:15:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

HAHA. I want a custom road bike and I know if I order in 2023 I won't be getting it until 2024 😆

I had the bright idea of building 2 bikes in 2020. Still don't have all the part I wanted. I eventually caved and bought other shit just to ride them.

FWIW, I received a package today before I even got the tracking email. It's just that time of year where the carriers are craming as much through the system as possible.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 02:16:17 AM by arrbee »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11811 on: December 05, 2022, 05:23:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I put down a deposit in 2013 for a frame which arrived in 2016 and whose fork subsequently broke.

Now that you can actually just buy a gravel bike off-the-shelf, if I had to do it again...

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #11812 on: December 05, 2022, 06:14:53 PM »
in my experience the sooner you fuggetaboutit the sooner shit shows up

patience is a virtue

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #11813 on: December 05, 2022, 06:35:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I put down a deposit in 2013 for a frame which arrived in 2016 and whose fork subsequently broke.

Now that you can actually just buy a gravel bike off-the-shelf, if I had to do it again...

Can you explain the joke a little bit? Are they just really cheap/cost-effective bang for your buck bikes?
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11814 on: December 06, 2022, 07:49:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Can you explain the joke a little bit? Are they just really cheap/cost-effective bang for your buck bikes?

Cyclists often convince themselves that they're some kind of rare edge-case who needs special custom geometry or their use requirements for a frame are so unique that only a custom builder can make them one for $2500 and it's going to take three years. Kona is a beloved brand and they make great bikes for the money, and most riders would be fine just walking into a bike shop and buying a complete Kona, then making small changes to their bike as needed.

You could sub in some other brands like Marin, or even Trek or Specialized if you're not married to a smaller brand or a steel frame.

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #11815 on: December 06, 2022, 09:34:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Cyclists often convince themselves that they're some kind of rare edge-case who needs special custom geometry or their use requirements for a frame are so unique that only a custom builder can make them one for $2500 and it's going to take three years. Kona is a beloved brand and they make great bikes for the money, and most riders would be fine just walking into a bike shop and buying a complete Kona, then making small changes to their bike as needed.

You could sub in some other brands like Marin, or even Trek or Specialized if you're not married to a smaller brand or a steel frame.
this line of thinking seems very familiar...
Free Charlie Rambo

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #11816 on: December 06, 2022, 10:12:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Spot on take! Konas are great, but I couldn't find the one I wanted at the start of the pandemic; thought about building something using a bianchi frame as a base...too much work, ended up going with a Black Label v2 from State because I'm not that core of a cyclist (ride it to the spot, the gym or coastal rides).

slippy

• Rep: 83
« Reply #11817 on: December 06, 2022, 10:19:45 AM »
I keep thinking there's new sales :( Kona talk
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

streetmeat

• Rep: 172
« Reply #11818 on: December 06, 2022, 04:41:01 PM »
My FA shipment came a month later, got 4 boards of the same graphic but they are not the graphic i ordered lol. honestly what i got is better cause what was available was pretty obnoxious. just happy they are the right shape i ordered 

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #11819 on: December 06, 2022, 07:30:02 PM »

I sent them an email after a week of no tracking number and they informed me the NBs I ordered were out of stock. Might be worth dropping them a line @MetalAnkleMan
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m