Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2414647 times)

sharkin, eatshitbum and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Donkey Lips

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #15480 on: June 13, 2023, 03:07:07 PM »
The what now?

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #15481 on: June 13, 2023, 03:22:32 PM »
The what now?

you can see in this image that the left shoe (shoe on the right) , that the dark arch of leather that goes thru the swoosh is super wonky and fucked up looking. where you can see the inner part of the right shoe, it looks a lot cleaner.

just curious why they'd choose that pair when it looks pretty crappy for official photos. you can see that the right shoe doesn't have that issue

BL0B

• Rep: 421
« Reply #15482 on: June 13, 2023, 05:04:37 PM »
those are some wide dogs.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15483 on: June 13, 2023, 05:18:00 PM »
those are some hot garbage
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

BL0B

• Rep: 421
« Reply #15484 on: June 13, 2023, 05:27:29 PM »
Expand Quote
any new Gt Blazers coming soon ? love that shoe great board feel
[close]
SPoT just posted these

i usually love Grants shoes, these are gross, the swoosh looks terrible.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
« Reply #15485 on: June 13, 2023, 05:36:33 PM »
Expand Quote
The what now?
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

you can see in this image that the left shoe (shoe on the right) , that the dark arch of leather that goes thru the swoosh is super wonky and fucked up looking. where you can see the inner part of the right shoe, it looks a lot cleaner.

just curious why they'd choose that pair when it looks pretty crappy for official photos. you can see that the right shoe doesn't have that issue

Oh the piping on the side panel. Yeah that seems a little lazy if those are press photos.

I don't mind the overall look but I also used to skate the Omars so my opinion prob doesn't carry weight what looks good or trendy.

caked

• Rep: -32
« Reply #15486 on: June 14, 2023, 05:22:36 PM »
I dig the Leos and am eager to see more colorways

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #15487 on: June 15, 2023, 09:51:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^ very happy somebody remembers ishod had the dunk as a pro model for a while. Everytime I've brought it up people are just like "you mean a colourway?"

Going from memory the dunks from that time were pretty massive in the tongue and collar but the toe was a bit slimmer than shoes of that time
[close]

Not to be "that guy" but he didn't have the Dunk as his "pro model," technically. He did a version/run of Dunks in XYZ colors/slimmer padding with Nike. Then they produced GR Dunks using that same build for a few years and Ishod was the "trial run" to see if that slimmer Dunk would sell. Maybe it's semantics but it's the same example as any other pro that gets their name on a series of colorways of an existing shoe featuring XYZ tech.

They didn't sell that well, if I remember correctly. Saw a lot of dunks from that time on clearance/at outlets.

(My opinion) They're probably some of the worst dunks (colorways were fire) Nike's ever made since they're so uncomfortable. I have a couple pairs (Ishod and non-Ishod colorways) and they're so damn hard to wear.
[close]
It's gotta be a Mandela effect because I got a couple pairs and remember it all being sold as ishods pro along with grant getting the blazer and CK getting the court and there also being regular dunks and blazers available at the same time and the shoe wall at a couple shops I went to were even setup like here's the new pro model ones vs the old standard ones. I'll just never bring it up again lol.
Yes I'd agree they were very uncomfortable I had to sell mine because it was straight up war between my Achilles and the collar of the shoe.

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #15488 on: June 15, 2023, 11:39:02 PM »
Thanks for the reminder! Here are my regular and Ishod "diet Dunks." They had both released simultaneously and occasionally revisited the classic Dunk shape for collabs/limited releases. In those cases, the puffy dunk was listed as "Nike SB Dunk Pro TRD" with TRD = traditional puffy Dunk, while these thinner Ishod and non-Ishod dunks were sold.

These two Dunks are identical in every way except for the "Ishod Wair" or "Dunk Low Pro" on the tongue. Every feature Benson mentioned for the Ishod in the video is present on my orange non-Ishod dunks.

They also did Dunk Highs with this thinner build and I have a few of them: Brown 18 BA's, Blue/Navy/White, and some black/iridescent ones.

All around 2015 - 2017 before they fully switched back to the classic puffy shape with the heel pods.

Super Champion Fun Zone

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #15489 on: June 15, 2023, 11:46:33 PM »
Ishod is skating the 2s in CPH.  If anyone gets a good glimpse in someone’s IG, please share

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #15491 on: June 16, 2023, 08:54:17 PM »
sorry if this is huge

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15492 on: June 16, 2023, 10:49:43 PM »
Really dig ‘em, but I’m trying to lower expectations based on how every other Ishod shoe fits

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #15493 on: June 17, 2023, 07:34:00 AM »
Agreed, Nikes always run a bit narrow for me but I can make it work. The Ishod felt like my foot was in a vice on both sides. If they fix that with this second shoe is def pick up a pair, cause they look good.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 36
« Reply #15494 on: June 17, 2023, 09:15:43 AM »
Are those air bubbles?? I have been waiting for this moment for many years...

Fat Tony

• Rep: 6
« Reply #15495 on: June 17, 2023, 09:23:48 AM »

I’m with you. I don’t get why they don’t use that for impact protection.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15496 on: June 17, 2023, 09:35:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
In case the ig post gets taken down:

Looking really good, honestly.
[close]

It’s cool they are getting a shoe, but I actually think they look really generic and uninspired… also the way they stitched the midsole looks so ass. Looks like it was assembled at someone’s workshop.
[close]
Have to agree on this, it looks like an early sample of a shoe... Nothing to write home about. Pretty sure we will see a vulc version after a couple seasons and then it will be gone.
[close]

440 has that same stitching.  I think the lighting makes it look wonky
Looks like a 417 to me
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #15497 on: June 17, 2023, 11:07:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Probably fashion/trend cycle, every shoe had them for a while and then it became very uncool to wear air bubble shoes. Then probably cost, it's a whole extra thing to make (probably have to make a different air bubble for every size and half size of shoe) extra stages in production and so on
And then maybe effectiveness, since a skate shoe sole can only be so thick it's hard to say if the bubble really even does anything that a zoom air insole and/or foam midsole doesn't already do better.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #15498 on: June 17, 2023, 12:09:51 PM »
Early pics make the ishod 2 look like like Nike air max sc or some takedown not quite mainline air max model sold at kohls. Imo. Until official pics and I’ll probably turn and look for a pair on disco eventually

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 120
« Reply #15499 on: June 18, 2023, 08:43:03 AM »
"Cacao Wow" Leos.

Enjoy your life.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #15500 on: June 18, 2023, 10:20:01 AM »
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

FakieFlipCG

• Rep: 36
« Reply #15501 on: June 18, 2023, 10:24:44 AM »
Those Leo's are SICK. I just hope the piping isn't floppy and that they're as wide in person as they look online.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1130
« Reply #15502 on: June 18, 2023, 12:20:39 PM »
the white and the black cw, and the cacao wow are looking decent

Daydream

« Reply #15503 on: June 18, 2023, 08:57:09 PM »
Anyone see their local restock the black and white gum dunks this week? Or is there no rhyme or reason to it maybe

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #15504 on: June 18, 2023, 10:30:40 PM »
Anyone see their local restock the black and white gum dunks this week? Or is there no rhyme or reason to it maybe

I’ve noticed my local restock them a couple times but not this week. I follow tons of shops on Instagram all over the world. It seems like once a week a shop or 2 will post a restock of them. Nike probably just runs down a list and ships out to different shops at different times.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15505 on: June 18, 2023, 10:42:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve noticed my local restock them a couple times but not this week. I follow tons of shops on Instagram all over the world. It seems like once a week a shop or 2 will post a restock of them. Nike probably just runs down a list and ships out to different shops at different times.

My local restocked this week as well.   

It’s probably regionally staggered like you said.   

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15506 on: June 19, 2023, 01:16:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Probably fashion/trend cycle, every shoe had them for a while and then it became very uncool to wear air bubble shoes. Then probably cost, it's a whole extra thing to make (probably have to make a different air bubble for every size and half size of shoe) extra stages in production and so on
And then maybe effectiveness, since a skate shoe sole can only be so thick it's hard to say if the bubble really even does anything that a zoom air insole and/or foam midsole doesn't already do better.
Back in the days when more shoes had the air bubbles I recall them always breaking at some point and starting to squeak annoyingly. They would also turn all yellow and disgusting looking before that.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15507 on: June 19, 2023, 06:29:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My local just posted the restock today! In the post it said quarterly so they prob send out shipments each season.

Daydream

« Reply #15508 on: June 19, 2023, 08:52:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

My local just posted the restock today! In the post it said quarterly so they prob send out shipments each season.
thanks guys. I think it is a continuously production model and they are going shop by shop to ship. Are they selling out immediately still? I know my local didn’t even post about them on first and had em on shelf for two weeks or so, just for customers to see when shopping there normally

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15509 on: June 20, 2023, 02:55:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
thanks guys. I think it is a continuously production model and they are going shop by shop to ship. Are they selling out immediately still? I know my local didn’t even post about them on first and had em on shelf for two weeks or so, just for customers to see when shopping there normally

They’re still at Kingswell.  A bunch of models on the shoe wall