Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1745698 times)

poorlatino

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: real confessions
« Reply #5970 on: May 27, 2015, 07:53:18 PM »
I've been clean off Heroin for 6 months. When people ask me if I'm still clean I say yes. Even though I drink and smoke weed. Is this wrong? I've always believed I could learn a balance in my life with substances and it seems like all I need is the joint at night and a some beer after a session or social settings. I don't want people think I'm a liar when I say I'm clean but for the most part its true. For the first time in a long time I have a great job, a new apartment of my own, my own car, I have a tv and an extra skate deck already gripped in my room for when I need it. A year ago I would have been happy with a bag of dope and a couch to sleep on. My close family and friends know I smoke weed, I mean my family owns over 10 dispensaries in Colorado so its very normal in my family. Sorry for dragging this on.. I just don't like having this guilty conscience telling me I should be totally clean and healthy eating fish oil and working out more..sort of like repairing my brain from years of abuse. I don't know where I'm going with this anymore but I personally think I am capable of being able to drink and smoke responsibly. I have a tinder date tonight, my life is amazing right now and I'm scared its gonna crumble at anytime. Oh well. At least I have Slap to share my pussy ass thoughts.

nice_guy_2

« Reply #5971 on: May 27, 2015, 08:01:11 PM »
weed saves lives

straight

« Reply #5972 on: May 27, 2015, 08:10:32 PM »
I've been clean off Heroin for 6 months. When people ask me if I'm still clean I say yes. Even though I drink and smoke weed. Is this wrong? I've always believed I could learn a balance in my life with substances and it seems like all I need is the joint at night and a some beer after a session or social settings. I don't want people think I'm a liar when I say I'm clean but for the most part its true. For the first time in a long time I have a great job, a new apartment of my own, my own car, I have a tv and an extra skate deck already gripped in my room for when I need it. A year ago I would have been happy with a bag of dope and a couch to sleep on. My close family and friends know I smoke weed, I mean my family owns over 10 dispensaries in Colorado so its very normal in my family. Sorry for dragging this on.. I just don't like having this guilty conscience telling me I should be totally clean and healthy eating fish oil and working out more..sort of like repairing my brain from years of abuse. I don't know where I'm going with this anymore but I personally think I am capable of being able to drink and smoke responsibly. I have a tinder date tonight, my life is amazing right now and I'm scared its gonna crumble at anytime. Oh well. At least I have Slap to share my pussy ass thoughts.

Good for you. I can't kick the booze. I wake up every day and first thought is that I tell myself this will be the day. Then I get off work and head straight to liquor store. I don't get drunk cuz I have a baby and hide this from my old lady. I wish I could just go a week without it. But as you know the feeling- I just don't want to YET. Don't know you but I'm happy or you.

poorlatino

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5973 on: May 27, 2015, 08:25:35 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Straight. It's a constant tug of war everyday for sure. You have a family and it takes a certain amount of maturity and responsibility to care for and I couldn't imagine taking that on that in my life right now. This might be bad advice, but give yourself a break. You deserve a drink sometimes, I don't know how much you drink but it sounds like you get to work on time and can still lead a "normal" life. Nothing happens overnight, just the fact that you are aware and have a guilty conscience shows that you are in control. I don't know you either but whatever I said I hope it didn't offend you at all and you sir are not alone! Haha.. I wish you the best pal

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #5974 on: May 27, 2015, 09:05:14 PM »
I'm an achololic but i realized i would never be completely sober in life, i just like the taste of beer it feels great. When i realized im going to drink till the day i die i started some rules for myself. Maybe you should try that, my rules are one night of drinking a week ( or at least 5 days from the last time i drank), when i drink i have no more than 7 beers, 7 beers doesn't really like get me wasted it just makes me relaxed. Now no one is perfect i broke my rules but only like a handful of times and i started these rules about last year. Plus you aren't as hard on yourself if you break a rule one time instead of being completely sober and going on a binge one night.

set up some reasonable rules for you

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5975 on: May 28, 2015, 06:30:54 AM »
I'm an achololic but i realized i would never be completely sober in life, i just like the taste of beer it feels great. When i realized im going to drink till the day i die i started some rules for myself. Maybe you should try that, my rules are one night of drinking a week ( or at least 5 days from the last time i drank), when i drink i have no more than 7 beers, 7 beers doesn't really like get me wasted it just makes me relaxed. Now no one is perfect i broke my rules but only like a handful of times and i started these rules about last year. Plus you aren't as hard on yourself if you break a rule one time instead of being completely sober and going on a binge one night.

??? youre an alcoholic, but you're that responsible with drinking? not trying to tell you youre wrong or anything, but you dont sound like an alcoholic to me. did you have a drinking problem in the past?

and good for you poorlatino. stoked for you.

poorlatino

« Reply #5976 on: May 28, 2015, 11:08:56 AM »
Thanks JB!

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5977 on: May 28, 2015, 08:21:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

??? youre an alcoholic, but you're that responsible with drinking? not trying to tell you youre wrong or anything, but you dont sound like an alcoholic to me. did you have a drinking problem in the past?

yeah i had a serious drinking problem when i was 18-21 i mean look at this instagram post of my arrest record

it was serious i would go to the place that sold me beer at the time when i was underage and buy like 5 bud ice's at 7am i also have bad anxiety at the time and my meds werent working so instead of dealing with it i would drink. I went to OP rehab and stayed sober while i went but just realized i love acholol and thats never going to change and majority of my family are achololics and when im ever at a family gathering theres acholol so i accepted the fact that i will drink another day whether im sober for years i will slip up but i made these rules and they have been working great for me

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5978 on: May 29, 2015, 06:57:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
yeah i had a serious drinking problem when i was 18-21 i mean look at this instagram post of my arrest record

it was serious i would go to the place that sold me beer at the time when i was underage and buy like 5 bud ice's at 7am i also have bad anxiety at the time and my meds werent working so instead of dealing with it i would drink. I went to OP rehab and stayed sober while i went but just realized i love acholol and thats never going to change and majority of my family are achololics and when im ever at a family gathering theres acholol so i accepted the fact that i will drink another day whether im sober for years i will slip up but i made these rules and they have been working great for me

damn. well good for you that you are that responsible now. i dont think my drinking has ever been problematic, but its rare that i go a day without alcohol. even when i tell myself that im not going to drink that day, i usually end up with a drink in my hand before the day is done.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #5979 on: May 29, 2015, 07:25:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

damn. well good for you that you are that responsible now. i dont think my drinking has ever been problematic, but its rare that i go a day without alcohol. even when i tell myself that im not going to drink that day, i usually end up with a drink in my hand before the day is done.

Fuckin A Tobey, you've definitely come a long way on both the booze and broad fronts it sounds like, good for you. 

JB- you seem like one of the most level people on here, if you have a drink a day, fuck it, enjoy that drink. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

excitableboy

• Rep: 93
« Reply #5980 on: May 29, 2015, 08:13:42 AM »
I remember you talking about your addiction before. Haven't seen you on here in a while, glad you're doing better. I'm a junkie myself and I crumbled a while ago, now i'm back in that place where everyday you wish for the strength to stop again. If weed helps you cope i don't see any reason to feel guilty. But the whole trusting yourself with it can be tense. All I can say is hang in there.

I'm 20 and haven't been laid or had any real girlfriend. I'm not ugly or anything and I have a large social group, I just either don't try much or can't fathom a particular person actually liking me. There's this girl I really like now and I think she likes me a lot too but I'm so fucking clueless on how to get it to go anywhere. Pretty sure every day at some point I think about how alone I've been my whole life and I get really depressed for a brief period. It's like I want to put myself out there but I'm afraid of getting rejected and it'll make my problem worse. None of my friends know any of this about me btw.
I was you once. Putting yourself out there and getting rejected or fucked is crucial. If you don't deal with this you may find yourself in a faraway land one night, black out drunk, with some Saudi oil heir shouting you a shag with a lady of dubious age and background. It's hard to come back from a first time like that as far as self esteem goes. Just a heads up.

poorlatino

« Reply #5981 on: May 29, 2015, 09:18:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I remember you talking about your addiction before. Haven't seen you on here in a while, glad you're doing better. I'm a junkie myself and I crumbled a while ago, now i'm back in that place where everyday you wish for the strength to stop again. If weed helps you cope i don't see any reason to feel guilty. But the whole trusting yourself with it can be tense. All I can say is hang in there.

Expand Quote
I'm 20 and haven't been laid or had any real girlfriend. I'm not ugly or anything and I have a large social group, I just either don't try much or can't fathom a particular person actually liking me. There's this girl I really like now and I think she likes me a lot too but I'm so fucking clueless on how to get it to go anywhere. Pretty sure every day at some point I think about how alone I've been my whole life and I get really depressed for a brief period. It's like I want to put myself out there but I'm afraid of getting rejected and it'll make my problem worse. None of my friends know any of this about me btw.
[close]
I was you once. Putting yourself out there and getting rejected or fucked is crucial. If you don't deal with this you may find yourself in a faraway land one night, black out drunk, with some Saudi oil heir shouting you a shag with a lady of dubious age and background. It's hard to come back from a first time like that as far as self esteem goes. Just a heads up.

Haha yep that was probably me playing the innocent junkie part on here. I think SLAP knows all my about my sex and drug use. Thank you though for your comment. Life has really changed from a year ago and my colon is happy I'm not on Opiates anymore.

shark tits

« Reply #5982 on: May 29, 2015, 09:58:31 AM »
i'm on top of some ex from a decade ago and about to bust so i try to pull back but she pulls me forwards. end up prematurely ejaculating and waking up at the same time. smiled and went back to sleep.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #5983 on: May 29, 2015, 10:23:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
Word. I'm actually putting effort into making something work with the girl I mentioned before. I think she's looking for a friends with benefits situation with me. She once mentioned that I need a friend that I can just have sex with and while saying that she didn't really make eye contact with me as if she was shy about it and when she mentioned getting her apartment she said that I was welcome to come over all the time while putting her hand on my arm and looking into my eyes while smiling. I give her compliments on her appearance all the time and constantly think about having sex with her so I really hope something happens with this.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #5984 on: May 29, 2015, 10:34:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Word. I'm actually putting effort into making something work with the girl I mentioned before. I think she's looking for a friends with benefits situation with me. She once mentioned that I need a friend that I can just have sex with and while saying that she didn't really make eye contact with me as if she was shy about it and when she mentioned getting her apartment she said that I was welcome to come over all the time while putting her hand on my arm and looking into my eyes while smiling. I give her compliments on her appearance all the time and constantly think about having sex with her so I really hope something happens with this.

That sure seems like an invitation for something to happen. First time you go over don't be pushy but if you make a move make sure you're not shy or hesitant about it. This reminds me of this girl I hooked up with a couple times in Philly. We were in the same class. Two weeks in she's flirting with me and touching my arm, we hang out at the park and end up play wrestling at the end. We headed back to my place and we proceeded to stay up the entire night. Hope it works out bud!

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #5985 on: May 29, 2015, 01:37:26 PM »
tobey you poser

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5986 on: May 31, 2015, 11:30:46 PM »
i didn't go to prom

my junior year i asked a girl (who was just a friend) she said yes and then about a couple of days before prom her 22 year old boyfriend said she wasn't allowed to go with me (i think she was 17 at the time), i guess i was so good looking then he didn't trust her

my senior year of prom it was on my 18th birthday so i didn't ask anyone because my plan was to go to the city to my cousins house pre game there and go to the strip club. I ended up getting black out drink within the first hour at my cousins house, never made it to the strip club

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5987 on: June 01, 2015, 06:53:59 AM »
my prom date turned out to be a lesbian.

abudabi

« Reply #5988 on: June 01, 2015, 01:40:52 PM »
haha, +1. not even bi?

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #5989 on: June 01, 2015, 03:33:55 PM »
I've been clean off Heroin for 6 months. When people ask me DMC what does it mean? D stands for Diesel - MC for Mostly Clean.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5990 on: June 01, 2015, 07:14:16 PM »
haha, +1. not even bi?

the first girl i asked to prom was a junior and couldnt go because she had other plans. the second one already had a date, but she said her friend would go with me. apparently we had danced together at a homecoming dance, but we didnt know each other. i didnt want to be the only one of my friends without a date, so i decided to take girl number 2's friend. we had fun, but i took her home right after the dance and went and got fucked up with my friends. i hung out with her maybe twice after that and i kind of got the vibe that she liked me, but i just wasnt crazy about her. she wasn't ugly, but not really the prettiest girl either, and she had a very very dull personality. about a year later she was in a relationship with another chick.

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 201
  • breathcakes
« Reply #5991 on: June 02, 2015, 07:04:24 AM »
I have an important meeting today and I've got to learn some stuff to teach my class, so I just gotta get this off my chest as much as possible so I can proceed with my day as best as I can...

So my 38-year-old trans friend had a birthday party Saturday. I have some anxiety, and it elevates a bit when I don't know many people at a party, so I originally told him that I didn't want to go. He convinced me to, so I brought a friend. It was awful, but I knew it was a good thing to do.

Yesterday, he called me up to tell me that the party was his plan to say goodbye to everybody, and a couple hours later, he attempted suicide. He just woke up yesterday (Monday), and that explains why he didn't answer my messages...

The thing is, I'm super bummed because I know this is going to happen so many more times. I am following the advice about being friends with a suicidal person, I always have been, but it's just so draining, especially since I don't like to hang out with people in general. It's really shitty knowing that I've prevented others from attempting suicide just with my friendship, but that didn't help with this particular buddy.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5992 on: June 02, 2015, 08:30:47 AM »
I have an important meeting today and I've got to learn some stuff to teach my class, so I just gotta get this off my chest as much as possible so I can proceed with my day as best as I can...

So my 38-year-old trans friend had a birthday party Saturday. I have some anxiety, and it elevates a bit when I don't know many people at a party, so I originally told him that I didn't want to go. He convinced me to, so I brought a friend. It was awful, but I knew it was a good thing to do.

Yesterday, he called me up to tell me that the party was his plan to say goodbye to everybody, and a couple hours later, he attempted suicide. He just woke up yesterday (Monday), and that explains why he didn't answer my messages...

The thing is, I'm super bummed because I know this is going to happen so many more times. I am following the advice about being friends with a suicidal person, I always have been, but it's just so draining, especially since I don't like to hang out with people in general. It's really shitty knowing that I've prevented others from attempting suicide just with my friendship, but that didn't help with this particular buddy.

So wait are you bummed because you know he'll keep trying and it won't happen so in a way you're kinda wishing he would succeed? No judgement, I once told my sister that I wished my grandfather would die because it was so bad on my dad. I'm trying to get a sense of where your thoughts are at. Why is it shitty knowing that your friendship has prevented others from committing suicide?

Good luck getting through class today man!

straight

« Reply #5993 on: June 02, 2015, 08:50:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So wait are you bummed because you know he'll keep trying and it won't happen so in a way you're kinda wishing he would succeed? No judgement, I once told my sister that I wished my grandfather would die because it was so bad on my dad. I'm trying to get a sense of where your thoughts are at. Why is it shitty knowing that your friendship has prevented others from committing suicide?

You have shitty reading comprehension skills

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5994 on: June 02, 2015, 08:59:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You have shitty reading comprehension skills

You figure it out then...

Yesterday, he called me up to tell me that the party was his plan to say goodbye to everybody, and a couple hours later, he attempted suicide. He just woke up yesterday (Monday), and that explains why he didn't answer my messages...[\quote]

Expand Quote
It's really shitty knowing that I've prevented others from attempting suicide just with my friendship, but that didn't help with this particular buddy.[\quote]
[close]

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 201
  • breathcakes
« Reply #5995 on: June 02, 2015, 12:22:48 PM »
My writing was shitty, sorry.

What I meant is that I'm bummed that I couldn't help prevent this suicide attempt, despite the fact that I probably had a part in preventing other attempts.

I'm 99% sure he's going to attempt suicide again, and there's nothing I can do about it. So I am, in a way, saying that I wish he was successful, because he's just going to get worse - he's tried multiple times throughout his life. I'm usually an optimist, but not this time. At least he was still the same snarky motherfucker (as he usually is) when I went to visit him an hour ago... it's always weird to see someone outwardly positive when the inside is a fucking mess.

Luv u guys.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5996 on: June 02, 2015, 02:57:03 PM »
My writing was shitty, sorry.

What I meant is that I'm bummed that I couldn't help prevent this suicide attempt, despite the fact that I probably had a part in preventing other attempts.

I'm 99% sure he's going to attempt suicide again, and there's nothing I can do about it. So I am, in a way, saying that I wish he was successful, because he's just going to get worse - he's tried multiple times throughout his life. I'm usually an optimist, but not this time. At least he was still the same snarky motherfucker (as he usually is) when I went to visit him an hour ago... it's always weird to see someone outwardly positive when the inside is a fucking mess.

Luv u guys.

Now I gotcha, that's really cool that you've had a part in preventing others, good work man!

My two cousins killed themselves and I never knew that they were depressed. Be glad that you at least know with him.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #5997 on: June 02, 2015, 07:07:10 PM »
I have an interview next week. The job title is Office Technician and the employer is Donovan State Prison. The state's gonna get a brother in prison any way they can! Now I have to make up a bunch of references because I don't really have any of those. Whatever, what's the worst that can happen?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Grampa

• Rep: 145
« Reply #5998 on: June 02, 2015, 07:56:23 PM »
Whatever, what's the worst that can happen?

Uhh, you end up working in a fucking prison?

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #5999 on: June 02, 2015, 07:57:01 PM »
I have an interview next week. The job title is Office Technician and the employer is Donovan State Prison. The state's gonna get a brother in prison any way they can! Now I have to make up a bunch of references because I don't really have any of those. Whatever, what's the worst that can happen?

Nice, things seem to be getting better. If you need a reference, feel free to pm me. I'll give them a good word.