Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1745920 times)

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
Re: real confessions
« Reply #6570 on: July 31, 2016, 04:33:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Moved to LA for the summer for an internship and now im just feelin lonely af. like i miss my friends and am starting to miss just the concept of having friends. I drove out here with some homies and a girl i'd been crushing on since highschool (they drove out here with me for the road trip), ended up fucking her in a tent outside the grand canyon and catching feelings extra hard, and now that theyre all back home shits extra lonely. like watching snapchat and instagram videos are almost painful cause its just watching them all enjoy life while im just working and wasting away by myself. I mean i'll be back home in a couple months but i might end up having to move out here later, and i have no idea how to make friends anymore this shit is gonna fuck my mental up.

fuck it ima spend all my money on concert tickets and start going to shows solo
[close]

I've been moving around a lot for the past couple of years and had to make friends in new places, so yeah: been there, done that. Here's my advice for when you're feeling exactly the way you're feeling right now.

1) Realize that these periods come and go. Most people go through lonely phases in their lives. It's not unusual and it's also not forever.

2) While you're there, make the best of it. Instead of thinking "It's a Friday night, I need to hang out with someone, but noone's there", do whatever the fuck you feel like. Sweatpants, a bottle of wine, and some movie/book you've always wanted to watch/read? Learning a new language? You got time for it now. Besides, plenty of people spend their Friday or Saturday nights that way on their own accord. Nothing to feel guilty about.

3) If you wanna meet new people and you don't make friends easily, join groups of whatever you're into. You're learning a new language? Find a tandem partner. You're into books? There's reading groups. If you're into sports, it's really, really easy. I know that finding skate buddies in LA isn't easy, but that's another thing you have in common with people. And there's always Tinder...

4) If none of this works, just visit your friends wherever they are. It might not be convenient and it might not be cheap, but it's gonna make you feel way better.

You are right, the point is, do something. I'll try to remember that. By the way, are you referring to Claudio Pizarro? Bayern fan as well?

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
« Reply #6571 on: August 01, 2016, 08:17:30 PM »
Moved to LA for the summer for an internship and now im just feelin lonely af. like i miss my friends and am starting to miss just the concept of having friends. I drove out here with some homies and a girl i'd been crushing on since highschool (they drove out here with me for the road trip), ended up fucking her in a tent outside the grand canyon and catching feelings extra hard, and now that theyre all back home shits extra lonely. like watching snapchat and instagram videos are almost painful cause its just watching them all enjoy life while im just working and wasting away by myself. I mean i'll be back home in a couple months but i might end up having to move out here later, and i have no idea how to make friends anymore this shit is gonna fuck my mental up.

fuck it ima spend all my money on concert tickets and start going to shows solo

What part of LA? Me and a friend where thinking of going skating this weekend. Not sure if you could/ca/wanted to join us
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #6572 on: August 03, 2016, 01:02:34 PM »
I've been telling friends that my new girlfriend is 22 when she's actually 21 because a five-year gap makes me a little uncomfortable.
I'm aware of how petty of a thing that is to be uncomfortable about. I just needed to get that out of my head.

I'm happy though.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #6573 on: August 03, 2016, 01:15:20 PM »
I've been telling friends that my new girlfriend is 22 when she's actually 21 because a five-year gap makes me a little uncomfortable.
I'm aware of how petty of a thing that is to be uncomfortable about. I just needed to get that out of my head.

I'm happy though.

My first wife was a year older than me but looked a LOT younger, because it's hard to tell how old people are when they aren't white I guess, and everyone thought I was super fucked up and did fucked up stuff with this young girl I smuggled into the country.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #6574 on: August 03, 2016, 02:35:11 PM »

I'm happy though.

My wife is 8 years younger than me. I'm stoked about that.

Squirrel Girl

« Reply #6575 on: August 03, 2016, 03:23:32 PM »

I'm happy though.

My husband is five years older than me. At first, he was uncomfortable with it too, but the older you both get, the more conventional it becomes.  All that matters is that you're happy.  :)

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #6576 on: August 03, 2016, 03:48:47 PM »

I'm happy though.

Half your age plus 7, anything younger than that is creepy. You're solid dude

doublesteveburger

« Reply #6577 on: August 03, 2016, 11:59:06 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm pretty stoked on this one.

;D

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #6578 on: August 04, 2016, 12:05:29 AM »
Never understood the whole age gap as a problem thing. If you're with someone already, aren't you past that shit? You're with an individual from a generation, not their whole generation. Wherever a real connection can be made, you should make it. I get there being moments of age driven mental/emotional divide, but being concerned about looking like a creep seems asinine.

For the last couple months I've been a little consumed by my want of intimacy. I guess it comes in waves. As always, along with that I've also felt really guilty and just downright lame to want something like that. I don't like to think of myself as being able to be moved by stuff like this. That's partially because I've never been in a relationship and maybe (definitely) I see my identity wrapped up in certain lonesomeness, and partially because lifelong very low self-esteem and yet I paradoxically feel like I should be above this basic human desire. All I know for sure right now is that I can better my chances of finding someone if I move out of my mom's place. I plan on making a bunch of accounts on dating sites when I leave. Of course multiplying a 0% chance of getting what I want is still a 0% chance. I can't afford to move out anytime soon anyway.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
« Reply #6579 on: August 04, 2016, 01:10:13 AM »
For the last couple months I've been a little consumed by my want of intimacy. I guess it comes in waves. As always, along with that I've also felt really guilty and just downright lame to want something like that. I don't like to think of myself as being able to be moved by stuff like this. That's partially because I've never been in a relationship and maybe (definitely) I see my identity wrapped up in certain lonesomeness, and partially because lifelong very low self-esteem and yet I paradoxically feel like I should be above this basic human desire. All I know for sure right now is that I can better my chances of finding someone if I move out of my mom's place. I plan on making a bunch of accounts on dating sites when I leave. Of course multiplying a 0% chance of getting what I want is still a 0% chance. I can't afford to move out anytime soon anyway.

This is completely normal, as humans we look for interaction and are addicted to it. It might not be present at all times but it shows up on occasion.

As for living at home don't sweat it too much. It's more common now than it was before and it can be because a plethora of reasons.
If girls ask you just say you're from a closer knit family and feel the need to be there for your mom. It shows that you're committed and are willing to be there.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

shark tits

« Reply #6580 on: August 04, 2016, 06:53:33 PM »
My bees stabbed me up on Tues & I seen a deep frame, capped honey on both sides. I'm anthropomorphizing I know, & the bees who stung me are dead but I've got half a mind to gang it even though there's no guarantee they have enough to survive winter.
I'm out there pleading w/ insects 'stop hurting me girls, I'm on your side' & the mailman calls me popeye. He thinks I'm a dumb kid who's gonna get killed, in skating I'm a pussy but for regular people I'm tough.
I'm shtoops though 'I'm helping the earth w/ bees, I deserve honey'. Like skating it's fulfilling when they're gentle bees, also when it hurts.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #6581 on: August 05, 2016, 01:55:20 PM »
If you don't have the means or access to protective gear why the fuck would you partake in beekeeping... Of course you're going to get stung and it's going to suck.

Squirrel Girl

« Reply #6582 on: August 05, 2016, 03:37:45 PM »
If you don't have the means or access to protective gear why the fuck would you partake in beekeeping... Of course you're going to get stung and it's going to suck.

Wow, with that attitude I bet you'd never DIY bungee jump either...  :(

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #6583 on: August 05, 2016, 03:58:33 PM »
C'mon man, you think the OG beekeepers had protective gear. Good on Sharktits for keeping it core and saying no to corporate beekeeping gear.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #6584 on: August 05, 2016, 04:38:55 PM »
Expand Quote
I suggested weed for the lonely LA dude  ;) . Never the less, you bring up an interesting point though. I think weed just makes you look at yourself or aspects of yourself in a way that you normally try avoid sober. It's pretty painful at first but after a couple sessions you accept those aspects of your reality, which I think might be a good thing. I was watching this documentary on Moroccan hash producers and one of the farmers said in regards to his nightly toke storm, "I hold court with myself". People call it anxiety but i'm not sure that is the right word.
[close]

True, i kinda slowed down on weed a while back cause of those kinda thoughts, but ive been on a self improvement kinda kick recently so thats probably what i need.

Expand Quote
I tried that once, I think it only works if you're in shape cause I just ended up looking like a giant fat depressed baby. Also I shaved my ass once and it felt kinda cool when I would walk around and my bald ass cheeks rubbed together I felt like I could run super fast very low wind resistance on my bhole
[close]

i wanna shave my ass but i cant think of a easy way to do it. do you use a mirror, like laying on your back with your legs up in the air like youre ready to get penetrated? or do you just kinda reach behind your back and go by touch? maybe i should just nair the whole area

I've shaved my ass a few times and it's always been in the shower with a not so cool squat position and a good mirror. It's awkward and it's potentially painful but goddamm having an anal beard sucks. You should try getting your ass waxed. Holy HELL its sore but it lasts for weeks and you don't have to struggle through the swamp ass to clean up after a post-skate shit.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

shark tits

« Reply #6585 on: August 05, 2016, 04:50:40 PM »
Because im stupid. Right around the time my hands heal up I'll inspect the hive & get stung some more. Cause I'm stupid. That's what it is I do.
I actually wear a suit but not gloves (for the bees safety, more dexterity etc) but a few stings on the hands swells to my elbows. Like Dat nigga rant casey I'm building a tolerance to venom.
Diy bungee sound like cats pajamas but I make sure the rope is short. (Faces of death 5)

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #6586 on: August 19, 2016, 04:58:45 PM »
Im not dead, just in a court ordered rehab after spending time in jail.  Giving this sobriety thing a shot and its going super well for me.  I have a sponsor and Im working a good program.  Things are going well for me, I have gone the entire time without a reprimand and am currently on a home pass for 4 hours.  I ate dinner with the fam, stepped on a board for the first time in over 3 months, and have 90+ days sober.  I just got a job so I am about finished with the residential program and about to move into a halfway house.  Thought about slap about 343 times per day at least.  I got one copy of thrasher, the one where Daan noseblunts that fucked up hubba.  Get to check thrashers youtube every now and then but internet is against the rules, although I get away with it since I am actually not being a fuck up for once and the supervisors(glorified adult babysitters) like me.  Love you all
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #6587 on: August 19, 2016, 04:59:15 PM »
oh yeah i found god too not like jamie thomas god but like spiritual and thats tight i guess
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #6588 on: August 19, 2016, 05:15:01 PM »
Damn thats heavy Pencil, stay up dude.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #6589 on: August 20, 2016, 04:14:45 AM »
Good luck Pencil. Glad to hear you're on the mend.

straight

« Reply #6590 on: August 21, 2016, 09:27:13 AM »
Figured you were kidnapped and forced to suck that old mans dick that liked to watch you fuck his wife.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #6591 on: August 22, 2016, 07:16:57 AM »
good luck young pen. just know that getting clean and staying clean is a life long commitment and not just a new phase. get yourself healthy and do what you need to do to set your future up the best that you can. you're at the point in life where the things you do have the potential to effect the rest of your life, so make the best of it and dont blow it.

perfect time to talk about my brother. i know i talk about him way too much, but hes always giving me a reason to talk about him. hes back in rehab for the millionth time. the second time at this in-patient place that he "graduated" from a little more than a year ago. it was a 13 month program, and the longest hes ever stayed on any kind of sobriety program. after he finished, my parents sent him to cosmetology school, which he finished earlier this year, got his certification, landed a job and found a place to live with one of his friends. unfortunately the only friends he has back home are all burn out losers, so seeing him relapse right after moving into that house is no surprise to me. so now hes back in the same place he was two years ago. hes either been in rehab or on drugs for the past six years, and it still upsets me every time because all me and my family want is for him to grow up and stop using, but at this point i just feel really bad for him. he has no since of self respect or self confidence left. even on his good days, hes miserable because he cant take back all the shitty decisions hes made. his life either revolves around doing drugs or being forced to not do drugs. he hasnt lived like a normal person since he was like 14. doctors have told us that major parts of his brain have been damaged to the point where he cant feel happiness like a normal person can, and he might never gain a maturity level of someone older than their late teens or early 20s because his brain was so fried during that development. i dont know how many more times my parents are going to bail him out, and i know once they stop he wont make it. hes too soft to live on the streets and not mature enough to take care of himself. at this point, i really have no faith in him turning his life around and the only way i can see him staying clean for the rest of his life is if he permanently moves into the in-patient facility, and that probably wont stop him since he used once while he was in there. its pretty sad. i love him, but theres nothing that i or anyone else can do to help him anymore.

pencil, you dont want to be like my brother. take this opportunity seriously and set your self up for a successful life. there is no better time than now. you dont want to let year after year blow by you while you get fucked up. before you know it, it might be too late to turn it around completely.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6592 on: August 22, 2016, 09:51:36 AM »
Pretty terrible spot to be in, JB.

If there is any comfort, one of the local members in CA used to shoot up (with his dad, even) at fucking 16. He's been sober for multiple years now and starting college (c:a 24 by now) soon. The doctors "diagnosis" does not have to be accurate.

I know it's not much, but get him to a couple of CA meetings, people are generally young there, they have a nice culture of "working the steps" and the atmosphere is pretty good and positive. Although I have a different perspective on the program and different approach, I cannot deny that they are good at what they do, especially with young people.

https://ca.org/meetings/

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6593 on: August 22, 2016, 11:41:38 AM »
hes done all that stuff. hes just miserable with his life and thats why he always goes back to using. the only way he can live without letting depression and self destruction take over is if hes constantly kept busy and someone else makes sure he's fulfilling all of his responsibilities. unfortunately, there aren't many people out there who want to babysit a 24 year old and make sure they dont get into trouble.

so i dont know man. i really do wish him the best, but at this point i expect the worst. as soon as he looks like hes on the right track, he sets his sights on other things and lets his sobriety go. girls, friends, whatever else he sets his mind to becomes his main focus and the next thing we know hes back to sticking needles in his arms. that or he spends too much time alone with his thoughts his mind gets the best of him. if i knew how to help him, i would. at this point it feels like weve tried everything.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6594 on: August 22, 2016, 12:29:20 PM »
hes done all that stuff. hes just miserable with his life and thats why he always goes back to using. the only way he can live without letting depression and self destruction take over is if hes constantly kept busy and someone else makes sure he's fulfilling all of his responsibilities. unfortunately, there aren't many people out there who want to babysit a 24 year old and make sure they dont get into trouble.

so i dont know man. i really do wish him the best, but at this point i expect the worst. as soon as he looks like hes on the right track, he sets his sights on other things and lets his sobriety go. girls, friends, whatever else he sets his mind to becomes his main focus and the next thing we know hes back to sticking needles in his arms. that or he spends too much time alone with his thoughts his mind gets the best of him. if i knew how to help him, i would. at this point it feels like weve tried everything.

Well, not to be that guy, but life after dope is about as, if not more miserable. Nobody is promised anything (well, besides 12 promises in the big book). It takes some time to readjust, I mean, I'm still in pretty bad shape 3+ years sober. I would not count the guy out, though. Some pretty "lost causes" get their shit together, I hope he will be one of them, maybe his road will be through methadone or buprenorphine. Also, he sounds a bit ADD or some other combination. Proper medication can do wonders for some individuals. Anyway, wish you guys the best, PM for advice if you want to, not that I know anything, but still.

shark tits

« Reply #6595 on: August 22, 2016, 12:32:43 PM »
In suboxin group the other day the dr 'couldn't over stress the importance of exercise'.
Yoo bad ya brother don't skate, it's the best way to rebuild those happiness neurons

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6596 on: August 22, 2016, 01:49:46 PM »
he used to skate. the last point in my life where he and i were close were the few years we skated together. he never fell in love with it though. hes an incredible drummer and the one thing i was excited about when he moved into that house was my hope that we could jam together since ive been learning how to play guitar. doesnt look like thats going to be happening any time soon though. the only hope that i do have is that hes still super young and it takes some people a long time to grow up. even though they might not be as severe, i still have my issues with drinking, so i know i cant expect him to never make a bad decision because i make enough of my own.

as far as meds go, hes been on them all. from suboxin for addiction to seroquel for his depression and schizophrenia and plenty of others. i dont know enough about that stuff to make any suggestions, i just know that hes tried it.

finally, thanks ikobrakai and shark tits. as much as i wanted to help pencil with his sobriety, its always feels good to get this stuff off my chest. sorry for hijacking the thread though.

swag nollies

« Reply #6597 on: August 22, 2016, 08:20:00 PM »
Hate to be this guy but maybe a higher dose shroom trip, or 4-aco-met trip could break down mental barriers an leave you with a new perspective of his use, and also the reasons behind your use. MXE helped me immensly and made me quit nasty food and ciggarettes for a couple months, that drug is full of ah-ha moments and makes you believe you can do anything. Whit a very pronounced anti depressent affect after it wares off. Make sure to have a benzo on hand for all trips if it gets uncomfortable.

But basically its all on him. Sometimes it just takes time, or you get tired of that life, and need a change.

Doctors arnt necesarry, he just needs to have a eureka moment.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 08:22:20 PM by bawtawd »

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6598 on: August 23, 2016, 06:05:06 AM »
are you suggesting that i take drugs in order to better understand why my brother takes drugs and why i occasionally drink too much? that might be the dumbest thing ive ever heard.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #6599 on: August 23, 2016, 06:49:26 AM »
are you suggesting that i take drugs in order to better understand why my brother takes drugs and why i occasionally drink too much? that might be the dumbest thing ive ever heard.

Consider the source, which in this case is a clown car crashing in slow motion.