Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1521544 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
Re: real confessions
« Reply #9720 on: September 02, 2020, 08:23:06 PM »
I was never good at skating and stayed stagnant for tricks. I gave up on flip tricks and grinds I was limited to what I could do (nose slides, board slides, and occasionally a krook).

Being in quarantine Iíve had the patience/need to skate. Iíve been getting kickflips and heelflips down. Today I landed my first 50-50. Iím so stoked!
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9721 on: September 02, 2020, 11:16:41 PM »
I was never good at skating and stayed stagnant for tricks. I gave up on flip tricks and grinds I was limited to what I could do (nose slides, board slides, and occasionally a krook).

Being in quarantine Iíve had the patience/need to skate. Iíve been getting kickflips and heelflips down. Today I landed my first 50-50. Iím so stoked!

+1, I'm finally getting my kickflip consistent after years of mob flips. Heelflips can suck a fuck.

I hate the content Braille releases but I admire their content first strategy and non-traditional means of turning "pro". They make "core" companies look dated; using the tradition means of going pro and getting paid board / shoe royalties. I wonder what percentage of their revenue is from YouTube content versus product sales.
Did any of you guys ever notice that if you took off the end "er" from his name, moved the "b" to after the "i" and then added an "l" to the "b" that you just moved, you'd spell "Bible"?

Hombreezy

• Rep: -40
  • fvck toy machine
« Reply #9722 on: September 03, 2020, 08:10:04 AM »
I can kickflip in to handrails and skate stairs like itís my job but Iíve never dropped in on anything taller than 4ft lol
If you feel the urge to write some long, boring, self-congratulatory essay on here maybe just go jerk off instead.

matty_c

• Rep: 37
« Reply #9723 on: September 04, 2020, 01:18:32 AM »
I know right
I gave up on kickys a long time ago just skipped that shit and did other flip tricks
Been skating like every night for six weeks
Ran my front foot over quite a few times but Iím starting to get them and nollie flips now wtf

Fell on my head pretty hard one night my bro said it was like a melon hitting concrete and I had to sit down for a minute
fucking worth it

Frank

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #9724 on: September 04, 2020, 07:36:12 AM »
i had two very hilarious bike crashes two nights in a row that must have made me look like a total idiot to everyone who saw me.

first one was me clipping the sidewalk coming from the road. that was fast and sudden and i got a few bruises and everyone around laughed at me, rightfully so...

second one was a totally crazy escalation of bullshit moments. meandering around at a moderate speed and with a heavy backpack my front wheel suddenly locks up, which makes me fall forward a bit. so now i sit on the top tube and my feet are also dangling around and all the while my front wheel keeps stuttering and i figure my brake is off alignment(the wheel is a bit warped as well) but i am too concerned with making my bike stop. then i have to dodge an in conveniently parked e-scooter, another stutter, i can't keep my weight back because i can't get my foot onto my pedals so i slip forward again, this time my left leg gets somehow caught between the front wheel and the frame, which makes the bike finally stop but not without making me almost flip over, onto the street into a bus nonetheless if it had gone really bad.

i had to figure out how to unknot myself out of my bike and couldn't explain to myself how i didn't break my left leg or not kill myself during the whole process.

so my front brake was knocked off alignment and along with my warped front wheel made it stutter so bad and my heavy as fuck backpack made the slipping worse and on top of that i am bad at cycling and that it is how i would have become a star on youtube or instagram if anybody had filmed this, i'm pretty sure. i mean i was embarrassed and terrified when it happened but also laughed really hard at how dumb i must have looked.

thinking about starting a twitch channel named "world's worst cyclist" so my cycling related death can be televised so others can learn from my mistakes.

Featherdale wildlife park

• Rep: 3
« Reply #9725 on: September 05, 2020, 06:52:59 AM »
Most peopleís rock n rolls make me sick.

« Reply #9726 on: September 05, 2020, 07:30:14 AM »
Gnar bob in cows gives me a boner

rawr1922

• Rep: -1
« Reply #9727 on: September 05, 2020, 12:19:39 PM »
I act the fool here during dramatic times. Which is  relief & curse at same time

rawr1922

• Rep: -1
« Reply #9728 on: September 05, 2020, 12:22:24 PM »
Also be safe on bike Frank. You clearly not, wiped out two times just messing around.  Bare minimum please wear a helmet then improve your pheriperal vision so you can see & predict from all angles 

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Rep: 95
« Reply #9729 on: September 07, 2020, 05:40:27 AM »
24 days off hard alcohol, went to a party type thing last night which was a challenge but I made it through. Still drinking around 10+ beers a day but I was killing close to 1/2 gallons of whiskey a week for most of this year. I guess the real confession part is that im not finding my therapist to be very helpful, but iíve got one or two free more sessions before I have to end it...

Frank

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9730 on: September 08, 2020, 12:25:53 PM »
Also be safe on bike Frank. You clearly not, wiped out two times just messing around.  Bare minimum please wear a helmet then improve your pheriperal vision so you can see & predict from all angles

true, i've been taking awareness more seriously since then, still haven't got a helmet yet although it's up high on the to buy list. trying to take a more chill and safe approach.

on top of the slams i also got a ticket for crossing a red light(at night with no one around but the cops were watching from a little dark spot with all the lights off) so i feel after pushing my limits for a few months, this week has been sort of a reality check, especially after what happened to fongstarr i actually wanted to take it easier.

and to fully disclose my shitty road rager past, i've been no stranger to accidents, which ultimately only harmed myself and my vehicles, but i totaled 2 cars in my life and caught plenty of speeding tickets. i've basically sworn off driving a motored vehicle because i don't trust myself. i usually end up fucking around with them in one way or another.

also a good friend of mine whooped my ass verbally pretty good after i told him about that second one, haha. i was all joking like "yeah man, see, fuck brakes, haha, if i have had a fixie that wouldn't have happened..." he just replies "you're a fucking moron..." and goes on for a good 15 minutes why. he was 100% right with everything.

matty_c

• Rep: 37
« Reply #9731 on: September 08, 2020, 04:11:09 PM »
I reckon joints and stuff are same as any  moving part that breaks down over time
I donít know if thereís like a set number of swivels you get or anything but anyway I am suss on fixies, wear your knee out doing shit like that I save mine for other things
Onespeed ok just not fixie

Frank

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9732 on: September 08, 2020, 05:10:00 PM »
I reckon joints and stuff are same as any  moving part that breaks down over time
I donít know if thereís like a set number of swivels you get or anything but anyway I am suss on fixies, wear your knee out doing shit like that I save mine for other things
Onespeed ok just not fixie

that's kind of a joke amongst us because my friend dislikes fixies. i'm riding a single speed. i'd like to have one to fuck around and learn stuff like riding backwards with, but i wouldn't part with my bike for one.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
    • Cigarettes for Cardio
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9733 on: September 09, 2020, 09:13:07 AM »
Iíve chalked up losing my kickflips due to a horrible ankle roll at 23, but realize I lost the timing and muscle memory after I recovered, and that loss of timing had slowly taken over a majority of my tricks

« Reply #9734 on: September 12, 2020, 03:38:41 AM »
Birdman. Switch bodyjar. Propaganda.
#maddogbowl

Frank

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9735 on: September 12, 2020, 10:55:30 AM »
Iíve chalked up losing my kickflips due to a horrible ankle roll at 23, but realize I lost the timing and muscle memory after I recovered, and that loss of timing had slowly taken over a majority of my tricks

same, i'm on a mission to get them back though. hard to do since the weather been fairly unstable lately and i seem to have only free time when it rains.

off

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • no gods no masters
« Reply #9736 on: September 12, 2020, 08:30:00 PM »
i drunkenly focused my deck for the first time and im scared how much that relieved my stress.....

non skate related issues but man i feel better.

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
« Reply #9737 on: September 12, 2020, 08:38:52 PM »
donít be

being bad feels so good sometimes

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #9738 on: September 12, 2020, 11:26:02 PM »
i drunkenly focused my deck for the first time and im scared how much that relieved my stress.....

A focused deck is better than most other destructive alternatives
Forrest Edwards, Sept. 2020 Thrasher interview:

Billy Bitchcakes

• Rep: 95
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #9739 on: September 13, 2020, 03:52:33 PM »
Someone posted an instagram post on here from a skateboarding news account and I went in the IG comments and told them they should focus it, then the next day the account had disappeared. I felt kinda bad but also like I'd affected change in the world that day. Just wanted to get that off my chest

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 553
« Reply #9740 on: September 14, 2020, 06:19:14 PM »
I probably skate my trunk/rain/junk setup, more than any of my other, much nicer setups.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #9741 on: September 14, 2020, 06:51:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
A focused deck is better than most other destructive alternatives

It helps release the pent up anger and stress a lot. Especially when you can physically grasp it. Yeah some kid could skate it but you gotta our yourself first so you can help other later.

I probably skate my trunk/rain/junk setup, more than any of my other, much nicer setups.

Just brought out mine and my bearings and bushings are mad squeaky. Is the secret using your board more?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
« Reply #9742 on: September 14, 2020, 07:26:52 PM »
Someone posted an instagram post on here from a skateboarding news account and I went in the IG comments and told them they should focus it, then the next day the account had disappeared. I felt kinda bad but also like I'd affected change in the world that day. Just wanted to get that off my chest

did they block you

Tommy G

• Rep: -22
« Reply #9743 on: September 18, 2020, 10:31:29 AM »

That's been my problem for years ever since I rolled my back ankle. I try experimenting with different techniques and the closest one I've gotten to a decent kickflip was practicing doing an ollie in the kickflip position and then moving your foot slightly off. Even then my bad habits come to fruition and I'll land one out of maybe 25-50.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #9744 on: September 18, 2020, 07:28:11 PM »
Sometimes Iíll try to divide by zero on a calculator just to fuck with it.  Daddy loves watching it squirm and struggle.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 53
« Reply #9745 on: Today at 06:16:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's been my problem for years ever since I rolled my back ankle. I try experimenting with different techniques and the closest one I've gotten to a decent kickflip was practicing doing an ollie in the kickflip position and then moving your foot slightly off. Even then my bad habits come to fruition and I'll land one out of maybe 25-50.

Just do fakie flips, guys. Momentum is your friend.