Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1734644 times)

theresnothinghere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 33
  • ugly with a heart of gold
Re: real confessions
« Reply #10530 on: August 16, 2022, 04:19:12 PM »
Expand Quote
I was hospitalized and let out then got Covid in the last 2-3 weeks. Super fun. Just tested negative. Still looking for that lucky lady to touch my pee-pee in the year of our lord 2022. Currently on an almost 34 year losing streak. My time is coming!
[close]
I love you man I know you probably don’t give a flying fuck but I seriously do

I love you both

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #10531 on: August 17, 2022, 03:53:20 AM »
I'm back after an infinite hiatus.

I was never anyone important but I have been lurking and posting since the grey boards.

I still vaguely remember random prominent posters like:

Beans, Your Mother Hates You, Jesse, Big Dave, Jsoy, Monster something rather and many other cool European posters.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #10532 on: August 17, 2022, 04:19:26 AM »

I was never anyone important but I have been lurking and posting since the grey boards.

Beans, Your Mother Hates You, Jesse, Big Dave, Jsoy, Monster something rather and many other cool European posters.

i haven't been on as long as you, but welcome back anyways

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10533 on: August 17, 2022, 10:40:45 AM »

At least one of those posters is still around. Welcome back!
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #10534 on: August 17, 2022, 04:44:20 PM »
Are in laws destined to be uncomfortable or is it something I’m doing wrong

nevrwasben

« Reply #10535 on: August 17, 2022, 06:29:21 PM »
Are in laws destined to be uncomfortable or is it something I’m doing wrong
It’s the luck of the draw.
You can pick your partner, you can’t pick their parents.
I, in fact, do make many of my difficulties with my in-laws myself tho, as I’m still learning how to bite my tongue and pick my battles wisely…

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #10536 on: August 17, 2022, 06:37:22 PM »
It’s awesome to see that this thread has continued on all these years… back when I first made this thread in 06/07 I use to post a lot of stupid shit (I still probably do, or will) I was pretty fucked off on prescribed ssri’s and benzos that I really didn’t need to be prescribed. In the end, I’ve been so much better off without those meds..

So that’s sort of a confession I guess..

Heres a more telling and harder confession to make..

I relapsed recently, but it was short lived, just a couple of days and I’m back on track now. I know that “relapse” is a part of recovery, but still, I’m really fucking ashamed of myself for it. 7 years clean off heroin,meth,MDMA and ketamine. I guess the length of how long I stayed clean is what I’m ashamed of the most.. I’m taking the proper steps to not slip up again.. but still, it’s a really shitty feeling.. I was confident that I would never succumb to a relapse,,, but it can happen I guess..
//////////

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #10537 on: August 17, 2022, 11:58:24 PM »
It’s awesome to see that this thread has continued on all these years… back when I first made this thread in 06/07 I use to post a lot of stupid shit (I still probably do, or will) I was pretty fucked off on prescribed ssri’s and benzos that I really didn’t need to be prescribed. In the end, I’ve been so much better off without those meds..

I relapsed recently, but it was short lived, just a couple of days and I’m back on track now. I know that “relapse” is a part of recovery, but still, I’m really fucking ashamed of myself for it. 7 years clean off heroin,meth,MDMA and ketamine. I guess the length of how long I stayed clean is what I’m ashamed of the most.. I’m taking the proper steps to not slip up again.. but still, it’s a really shitty feeling.. I was confident that I would never succumb to a relapse,,, but it can happen I guess..

Dude I am glad it was a temporary thing and you‘re back on track. It‘s also good confessing it and interacting with other people so you will feel responsible not only towards yourself but also towards the others (and if it’s only us Slap forum jabronis) to stay clean.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

JRF

« Reply #10538 on: August 18, 2022, 06:34:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dude I am glad it was a temporary thing and you‘re back on track. It‘s also good confessing it and interacting with other people so you will feel responsible not only towards yourself but also towards the others (and if it’s only us Slap forum jabronis) to stay clean.

Thanks man! And I agree with this place being a good place to vent that sort of problem. For what it’s worth I don’t think people On this message board are that judgemental when it comes to serious situations that aren’t just points of view
//////////

doublesteveburger

« Reply #10539 on: August 18, 2022, 08:13:47 PM »
it’s not about the days behind you - it’s about the days ahead pimp <3

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #10540 on: August 19, 2022, 10:28:38 AM »
I can feel myself slipping into a dark place again. My demeanor was pretty stable after quitting drinking until this week and now all I want to do is disappear and never show my face again.

JRF

« Reply #10541 on: August 19, 2022, 06:10:10 PM »
it’s not about the days behind you - it’s about the days ahead pimp <3
//////////

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #10542 on: August 19, 2022, 08:16:45 PM »

No shame in it dude. I have about a decade in treatment and the rooms and I don't know a single person who got it 100% right first try. Personally I've had a couple full blown runs and more than a few slip-up in since I first stopped using. What's important and worked for me is figuring out not just where I went wrong, but where I went right as well and focusing on that so I can use it next time.  Thinking about all the friends and lovers I've lost helps put things in perspective. From my little crew of junkies I'm one of the last ones still here and with fentanyl now I really don't like my chances if I were to start using again. It's a fatal disease, you either beat it or it WILL kill you eventually.

Whether I'm talking to treatment providers or other addicts, I always like to drive home the point that there is no universal treatment for this. No matter what 12 step propaganda you hear, every addict is different and I can't tell you that what works for me will work for you. You obviously know what works for you, so just focus on that 100%. Sometimes it's good to be humbled anyways.

You got this my dude.

JRF

« Reply #10543 on: August 20, 2022, 01:19:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No shame in it dude. I have about a decade in treatment and the rooms and I don't know a single person who got it 100% right first try. Personally I've had a couple full blown runs and more than a few slip-up in since I first stopped using. What's important and worked for me is figuring out not just where I went wrong, but where I went right as well and focusing on that so I can use it next time.  Thinking about all the friends and lovers I've lost helps put things in perspective. From my little crew of junkies I'm one of the last ones still here and with fentanyl now I really don't like my chances if I were to start using again. It's a fatal disease, you either beat it or it WILL kill you eventually.

Whether I'm talking to treatment providers or other addicts, I always like to drive home the point that there is no universal treatment for this. No matter what 12 step propaganda you hear, every addict is different and I can't tell you that what works for me will work for you. You obviously know what works for you, so just focus on that 100%. Sometimes it's good to be humbled anyways.

You got this my dude.

Thanks man!.. it’s definitely not my first relapse, it’s just my first with so many years away from using.. I plan to take it day by day and not dwell on the mistake I made. That was a lot of good advice you gave man and I sincerely appreciate it a lot!
//////////

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #10544 on: August 21, 2022, 10:22:43 AM »
The vulnerability, support and encouragement that's been shared in this thread recently has been awesome to see. You are all some great people
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

JRF

« Reply #10545 on: August 22, 2022, 04:45:42 PM »
The vulnerability, support and encouragement that's been shared in this thread recently has been awesome to see. You are all some great people

Agreed 100%
//////////

doublesteveburger

« Reply #10546 on: September 07, 2022, 07:20:11 AM »
when ordering take-out from the local thai spot i eat two out of the 6 eggrolls that the side comes with on my way home, my lady still thinks the side order comes with 4

it's been years

sacking rails

• Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
« Reply #10547 on: September 07, 2022, 02:09:33 PM »
i used to clog the toilet and blame my siblings

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #10548 on: September 11, 2022, 02:01:56 AM »
Limbo Dance by David Hasselhoff makes me a little bit more happy everytime I hear it. There is a record player in my living room and often when I feel down I put the 7" on. The song is so stupid but makes me smile.

djoekr

• Rep: 290
« Reply #10549 on: September 14, 2022, 06:51:19 AM »
Limbo Dance by David Hasselhoff makes me a little bit more happy everytime I hear it. There is a record player in my living room and often when I feel down I put the 7" on. The song is so stupid but makes me smile.

I feel this one. I used to listen to one of his albums with my little brother when I was younger so now I got this nostalgic feeling hearing that and Du. No shame though, loud and proud brother, loud and proud.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #10550 on: September 14, 2022, 08:37:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel this one. I used to listen to one of his albums with my little brother when I was younger so now I got this nostalgic feeling hearing that and Du. No shame though, loud and proud brother, loud and proud.

Alright, let's hear it then
http://youtu.be/38JdxqN6hLo

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #10551 on: September 14, 2022, 09:16:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Alright, let's hear it then
http://youtu.be/38JdxqN6hLo

Yooo, i don't remember this at all growing up.  Real Talk, Germany has and is one of the highest consumers of reggae and dancehall next to Japan, no surprise the hoff did this

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #10552 on: September 14, 2022, 09:30:36 PM »
Hitting 30 next year and got a random urge to check out burning man in 2023...  jesus christ

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #10553 on: September 15, 2022, 06:23:11 AM »
Hitting 30 next year and got a random urge to check out burning man in 2023...  jesus christ
"life experience"

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #10554 on: September 18, 2022, 06:15:05 PM »
I've never had a deck with a natural colored top veneer and I wish I did 'cause black grip looks so good with it.

I get way too attached to any decent looking woman who is nice to me. It's psychotic. I just spend all day having imaginary conversations that I'd like to have with them, but basically never hit their lines. And it's weird because it's always an exclusively platonic attraction. I never think about hooking up with them or doing some date night shit. I just wanna hang with them and then bum myself out because I'm not, even though I know I don't try. It's a frustrating yet silly cycle. I hate it.

I'm so used to being and doing everything alone I don't think I could ever be in a serious long-term relationship. The best I really hope for is being someone's side man 'cause it all seems far too exhausting.

I always get bummed when my one and only friend and I go to the club because when he gets hit on, he's always able to converse well with the person, get their number or insta or something, but when people hit on me I just panic internally, shout THANKS and then get away from them as quickly as possible - even though I know deep down I want to at least interact with that person. And no amount of alcohol has been able to alleviate this. The closest was when I was black out drunk and told a woman to spit in my mouth and peg me. But she didn't hit on me at all. I just said that shit to my friend's friend who turns out is a lesbian anyway. It was foolish and I kinda wish my friend didn't tell me I did that.

At a restaurant I used to work at I was always scheduled to bus with this one woman who spent well over half the day outside smoking. I'd be frustrated by her absence so when she was nowhere to be found and servers were tipping me out, they'd give me her portion to give to her later. I never would.

I'm convinced my mom euthanized my grandma. Granny was deep into dementia at this point. She couldn't talk, couldn't feed herself. Just a total shell of a person drooling and shitting herself all day. My sister and I were visiting from college that weekend and after dinner we're posted up on the couch watching TV when my mom is just acting weird and announcing all the care she's going to give for granny. We're just like - okay? You do this stuff everyday. It's difficult to detail, but her behavior was just wicked off for what had become daily routines. A bit later that night, after my mom announces that she's gonna check on granny, she finds her dead. It was certainly for the better, but I've never mentioned a word about these thoughts to my sister.

I had a roommate that really annoyed me. He had numerous magazine subscriptions, but literally never checked the mail. I straight up binned dozens of magazines that he was paying for. He didn't seem to notice though. Or at least never said something to me about it.
Ah, my fellow forever alone weeb. You’ll fit in great here.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #10555 on: September 19, 2022, 12:42:13 PM »
being alone is the move

JRF

« Reply #10556 on: September 19, 2022, 10:06:40 PM »
//////////

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10557 on: September 20, 2022, 12:28:34 AM »
I've never had a deck with a natural colored top veneer and I wish I did 'cause black grip looks so good with it.

You will learn from your mistakes

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #10558 on: September 20, 2022, 12:22:39 PM »
Expand Quote
being alone is the move
[close]

This….
I wouldn’t want to show a woman my penis anyway.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #10559 on: September 20, 2022, 02:52:07 PM »
celibacy is key