Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1232220 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #8550 on: May 25, 2020, 06:44:25 AM »
Good play on my part....when everyone was buying toilet paper.....you know what I was chasing down.....trucks.....

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #8551 on: May 25, 2020, 07:17:21 AM »
Good play on my part....when everyone was buying toilet paper.....you know what I was chasing down.....trucks.....

When I decided to buy tensors almost 2 months ago. I could not find the raw mag 5.5s at all. no shops had them(but no on them usually carries tensor anyway except the cheap ones for beginners)

Not even thank you had them.

This smaller shop in my state ordered a bunch of destructo because they had a hard time getting other trucks in ATM.

Strange times.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
« Reply #8552 on: May 25, 2020, 08:50:19 AM »
Magnesium trucks too....buy two sets...

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8553 on: May 25, 2020, 09:35:16 AM »
It’s crazy how hard products are to come by

Tactics doesnt even have a pair of thunders

My local just got their orders from NHS and DLX so hang in there, your shop is probably getting theirs soon too.

Fat Tire

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8554 on: May 25, 2020, 11:21:16 AM »
Also I saw someone post about throwing a barrel bottom on their Thunders and was wondering which brand you guys use.

Been wondering this for a while, I get bad speedwobbles going downhill on Thunder.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #8555 on: May 25, 2020, 11:43:30 AM »
Also I saw someone post about throwing a barrel bottom on their Thunders and was wondering which brand you guys use.

Been wondering this for a while, I get bad speedwobbles going downhill on Thunder.

I don’t get that. my 147’s are turn to where the nut is barley on, on both trucks, and they feel tight as hell. and I’ve been skating them for 6 months.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #8556 on: May 25, 2020, 01:12:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don’t get that. my 147’s are turn to where the nut is barley on, on both trucks, and they feel tight as hell. and I’ve been skating them for 6 months.
whether you ride both washers, weight, and bushing duro are all factors on how tight they will be. rode them stock at around 200 lbs and they felt medium to medium loose
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8557 on: May 25, 2020, 01:30:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
whether you ride both washers, weight, and bushing duro are all factors on how tight they will be. rode them stock at around 200 lbs and they felt medium to medium loose

yea, everything is stock. maybe it’s my weight? I’m like 130. Lmao
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #8558 on: May 25, 2020, 01:49:15 PM »

I weigh 175 and stock is too damn tight.  I replaced the top bushing and washer with a bones bushing and no washer.  It's looser, but still too damn tight.  147s are the only Thunders I have ridden - maybe the 148 and up geometry allows looser?

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8559 on: May 25, 2020, 03:43:00 PM »
It sucks most second hand trucks come with bones.

Not a scratch on the hangers but the wrong bushings again.

I feel like people should stop fucking with bones so we can get proper rebuild kits from dlx.

I hate having mismatch shit
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 466
« Reply #8560 on: May 25, 2020, 04:02:45 PM »
149 on 8.18 yay or nay?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8561 on: May 25, 2020, 04:29:58 PM »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #8562 on: May 25, 2020, 04:34:18 PM »
Been skating sour 8.18 with thunder hollow lights 149 and f4 radial slims for 2 years without any problems. I liked this set up so much that i kept buying the same components over and over. Finally came across a used pair of 148s hollow forged a mate was selling and bought those with the intent to size down on decks, to possibly start riding 8.1 again.

Also for the breaking kingpins, i have not broken a kingpin since i started using the bones flat washer instead of the stock flanged ones in all my trucks.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Richard Skidder

« Reply #8563 on: May 25, 2020, 05:20:11 PM »
Good to hear. I’ve been riding 8.25 decks for quite sometime and just bought 149 Team Hollow Thunders a couple days ago and my wife surprised me with a 8.18 FA for my birthday. Can’t wait to try this out.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #8564 on: May 25, 2020, 07:10:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I weigh 175 and stock is too damn tight.  I replaced the top bushing and washer with a bones bushing and no washer.  It's looser, but still too damn tight.  147s are the only Thunders I have ridden - maybe the 148 and up geometry allows looser?

148s and up are very different. I ride them as loose as they come stock and they are perfect. With 148s I take out the bottom washer on the front truck and grind down the top bushings on both.

Then they are good. I weigh 140lbs and like my trucks to be as loose as I can get them without having a rattling mess. I learned the hard way when I was out street skating in SF a few miles from home on a 45 degree night and the nuts kept falling off my trucks while I was skating home. I had to stop every block or so to hand tighten them with very cold hands. Hell!
How much for an order of ribs?

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8565 on: May 25, 2020, 07:26:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

148s and up are very different. I ride them as loose as they come stock and they are perfect. With 148s I take out the bottom washer on the front truck and grind down the top bushings on both.

Then they are good. I weigh 140lbs and like my trucks to be as loose as I can get them without having a rattling mess. I learned the hard way when I was out street skating in SF a few miles from home on a 45 degree night and the nuts kept falling off my trucks while I was skating home. I had to stop every block or so to hand tighten them with very cold hands. Hell!

holy hell. lmao yea I would say I ride mine medium-loose, closer to medium.

MalHuis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #8566 on: May 26, 2020, 06:00:05 AM »
149 on 8.18 yay or nay?

I nearly set up a 8.06 full on 149ti indies, actually looked good fuckin good like a mini 169s on an 8.5 big wheels etc. Bought the 8.06 full to size down in the future so bit down and ordered some 148teams. First set of thunders!!

I bought the Jamie Foy purple team ones. I know people has talked about it on here but anyone have a link how i can get rid of that god damn purple base plates?

Biting down as hard as i can till the 148s arrive.

Richard Skidder

« Reply #8567 on: May 26, 2020, 09:35:03 AM »
Fuck it. Leave them shits purple. With enough grooves they’ll look gnar no matter what color they are.

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #8568 on: May 26, 2020, 09:40:36 AM »
True except for red trucks

Fat Tire

« Reply #8569 on: May 26, 2020, 12:31:18 PM »
Expand Quote
149 on 8.18 yay or nay?
[close]

I nearly set up a 8.06 full on 149ti indies, actually looked good fuckin good like a mini 169s on an 8.5 big wheels etc. Bought the 8.06 full to size down in the future so bit down and ordered some 148teams. First set of thunders!!

I bought the Jamie Foy purple team ones. I know people has talked about it on here but anyone have a link how i can get rid of that god damn purple base plates?

If it's anodized you're gonna have to ride it out, if it's not, use paint remover or acetone to get it off.

FYI never done it, but that's probably how you wanna do it. Scraping seems like a massive pain in the ass.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #8570 on: May 26, 2020, 12:54:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
149 on 8.18 yay or nay?
[close]

[close]

If it's anodized you're gonna have to ride it out, if it's not, use paint remover or acetone to get it off.

FYI never done it, but that's probably how you wanna do it. Scraping seems like a massive pain in the ass.
arrbee used citristrip for his aces and it came out great. pretty sure team baseplates arent anodized so it should work out
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Vintagebody

• Rep: 81
« Reply #8571 on: May 26, 2020, 01:47:36 PM »
You guys ever tried polishing the trucks? So it gets nearly mirror finnish

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #8572 on: May 26, 2020, 03:23:14 PM »
I saw a pair of Indys like that on insta, shit looked weird as fuck, probably would look nice with the forged hollows because they have that shiny ass baseplate that doesn't match the hangar that drives me nuts.

it's 95 degrees where I'm at today, watching Bobby Puleo and Gino footage has inspired me to dig out my ventures and an old pair of spitfire (non f4) classics. shit was magical, knew they'd finally feel really good on a really hot day, skating wheels that aren't f4s though is not magical, almost killed myself power sliding.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #8573 on: May 26, 2020, 03:40:49 PM »
I saw a pair of Indys like that on insta, shit looked weird as fuck, probably would look nice with the forged hollows because they have that shiny ass baseplate that doesn't match the hangar that drives me nuts.

it's 95 degrees where I'm at today, watching Bobby Puleo and Gino footage has inspired me to dig out my ventures and an old pair of spitfire (non f4) classics. shit was magical, knew they'd finally feel really good on a really hot day, skating wheels that aren't f4s though is not magical, almost killed myself power sliding.

Gino and Bobby are the best. I’m always down for ventures, in part because of those dudes. I’ve also been feeling some nostalgia for regular classics. Always one speed check away from some serious flat spots tho. They do feel really nice, rolling, feel natural. I liked the Mike Anderson sfws quite a bit.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #8574 on: May 26, 2020, 07:29:24 PM »
What’s this??

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #8575 on: May 26, 2020, 07:44:45 PM »
Those are Aces with coppers and what looks like a tensor Esq slider

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8576 on: May 26, 2020, 07:47:25 PM »
I had stomp on copers for my Indy 2s. They ruled
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

MalHuis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #8577 on: May 27, 2020, 05:02:47 AM »
Fuck it. Leave them shits purple. With enough grooves they’ll look gnar no matter what color they are.

+1 I like your style.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #8578 on: May 27, 2020, 06:32:11 AM »
I've got some 215s and they've got USA stamped on the bottom.  Do they make them in the states, or is it some 'assembled in the usa' type shit?

Also, any tips on good bushings to put on these wide ass beasts?  I usually run Bones Mediums in Indy 169s

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #8579 on: May 27, 2020, 07:10:45 AM »
I've got some 215s and they've got USA stamped on the bottom.  Do they make them in the states, or is it some 'assembled in the usa' type shit?

Also, any tips on good bushings to put on these wide ass beasts?  I usually run Bones Mediums in Indy 169s
i think I’m ready to try a harder bushing in 169s as well.