Author Topic: Proper Skateboarding Update  (Read 49693 times)

baravettski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Proper (FTW) Update
« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2017, 10:31:55 AM »
Yeah, I talked to one UK distributor so far, and the launch will be in May for everything. Gettin' closer!

Grind King Rims

« Reply #211 on: February 16, 2017, 03:34:17 AM »
Stoked. Euro guy here, looking forward to scooping up a pair.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2017, 12:16:10 PM »
Stoked. Euro guy here, looking forward to scooping up a pair.

Howie

• Rep: 9
« Reply #213 on: May 05, 2017, 10:50:16 AM »
Jenkem put an article up:
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2017/05/05/introducing-proper-skateboardings-indie-shoe-brand/

Great read, I'd love to give the shoes a try if I can find some.

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #214 on: May 05, 2017, 11:27:51 AM »
That's funny you referred to the Pure as bulky haha. I remeber getting those back when and thinking how they had such great boardfeel. But yeah good luck to you dude!

baravettski

« Reply #215 on: July 01, 2017, 10:09:29 PM »
Thanks everyone, been a busy and skressful couple months but it's about to be on. We put some shirts up on the website as a soft launch to get rolling, shoes should be in at the end of July, working on a video with the dudes for when they hit.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #216 on: July 01, 2017, 10:43:02 PM »
Thanks everyone, been a busy and skressful couple months but it's about to be on. We put some shirts up on the website as a soft launch to get rolling, shoes should be in at the end of July, working on a video with the dudes for when they hit.
awesome, stoked on the update. figure out canadian distro?

baravettski

« Reply #217 on: August 08, 2017, 10:49:34 AM »
Hey friends, properskateboarding.com is live and shoes are ready to order. Shipping some orders to shops today, if you guys know any local shops that you think should carry em, let me know.

If any of you guys do shoe orders today I'll throw a pair of socks in there. Consider it a thank you to the Slap Pals for listening and commenting and talking shit and everything else.

baravettski

« Reply #218 on: August 08, 2017, 10:51:45 AM »
Also if there's anything specific you'd like to see in a shoe description let me know.

Mongoloid

« Reply #219 on: August 08, 2017, 11:04:55 AM »
I need shoes about as much as I need my scrotum pierced, but I've been waiting for those white/gum joints for a minute.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #220 on: August 08, 2017, 11:21:42 AM »
Hey friends, properskateboarding.com is live and shoes are ready to order. Shipping some orders to shops today, if you guys know any local shops that you think should carry em, let me know.

If any of you guys do shoe orders today I'll throw a pair of socks in there. Consider it a thank you to the Slap Pals for listening and commenting and talking shit and everything else.

waiting till payday. any chance instead of socks there could be a better deal to canada?

Grind King Rims

« Reply #221 on: August 08, 2017, 11:25:53 AM »
Damn dude, minimum $49 shipping to Ireland.  :( I'm not that surprised, it is what it is, but I can't justify 130 shoes. Let me know when you guys sort a Euro distributor anyway! Best of luck Baravettski!

baravettski

« Reply #222 on: August 08, 2017, 11:58:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
waiting till payday. any chance instead of socks there could be a better deal to canada?

yeah, I should be able to figure that out.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #223 on: August 08, 2017, 01:26:55 PM »
Let me know when you guys sort a Euro distributor anyway! Best of luck Baravettski!
:-* :-* :-*

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #224 on: August 08, 2017, 01:39:49 PM »
Also if there's anything specific you'd like to see in a shoe description let me know.
Not really about the description, but on feet pictures could be cool. Lakai used to do this and I think sometimes it gives a more accurate idea of the shape/fit of the shoe. Granted, the pants that you choose for the picture is important too  :D

baravettski

« Reply #225 on: August 08, 2017, 02:38:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Not really about the description, but on feet pictures could be cool. Lakai used to do this and I think sometimes it gives a more accurate idea of the shape/fit of the shoe. Granted, the pants that you choose for the picture is important too  :D

yeah good call, I'll get that going. Thanks!

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2017, 06:31:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Also, on your instagram make some identificable hastags. People like to go through instagram and check other peoples pictures of your shoes.
Making a distingable yet easy hashtag can be good to build some presence on instagram especially among the young public.

Adidas and eS are good in the hashtag game (besides the #eS_ACCEL_Slim that is a too long # in my opinion), but Nike and etnies are kinda bad (most of the jamesons lines or maranas lines uses the same # in the etnies insta)

I can see something like #proper_cinex or #proper_rook for example. It's really easy to implement, and it can really help to build your visibility.

fangen

« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2017, 02:10:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Also, on your instagram make some identificable hastags. People like to go through instagram and check other peoples pictures of your shoes.
Making a distingable yet easy hashtag can be good to build some presence on instagram especially among the young public.

Adidas and eS are good in the hashtag game (besides the #eS_ACCEL_Slim that is a too long # in my opinion), but Nike and etnies are kinda bad (most of the jamesons lines or maranas lines uses the same # in the etnies insta)

I can see something like #proper_cinex or #proper_rook for example. It's really easy to implement, and it can really help to build your visibility.

2 thirsty

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2017, 03:54:47 PM »
Damn dude, minimum $49 shipping to Ireland.  :( I'm not that surprised, it is what it is, but I can't justify 130 shoes. Let me know when you guys sort a Euro distributor anyway! Best of luck Baravettski!
Have you looked into a euro distro? Deal with Rock Solid who are real good, Wes is the man to speak to, also Form, they do all the Crailtap shit for the UK

Mongoloid

« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2017, 05:21:15 PM »
Are there any plans to release the red "Cinex" model?

baravettski

« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2017, 10:29:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Have you looked into a euro distro? Deal with Rock Solid who are real good, Wes is the man to speak to, also Form, they do all the Crailtap shit for the UK

I was actually just about to dig into this, thanks. i'll hit em up now.

baravettski

« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2017, 10:30:25 AM »
Are there any plans to release the red "Cinex" model?

yeah next drop once I can sell through some of this first run.

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2017, 06:22:19 PM »
How's the fit on these? Super interesting in the conquista model.  I wear a 8 in just about every lakai, 7.5 in vans, 8 in emerica.

baravettski

« Reply #233 on: August 14, 2017, 08:20:04 AM »
You should be an 8 then. True to size and medium wide I'd say.

baravettski

« Reply #234 on: August 18, 2017, 04:15:32 PM »
If any of you guys have some local shops I should hit up, lemme know. Time to start hustling these things out to the streets.

Thanks

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1122
« Reply #235 on: August 18, 2017, 07:52:07 PM »
If any of you guys have some local shops I should hit up, lemme know. Time to start hustling these things out to the streets.

Thanks

Chutingstar.com
I know They reached out to State. They use to sell a bunch of Dekline. I think they may be trying to expand since the local shop closed its doors

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #236 on: August 18, 2017, 08:10:46 PM »

Thanks
Red curbs in Fremont, CA.
you never know about pre-cum 

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #237 on: August 18, 2017, 10:11:09 PM »
I tried a pair on today.  Mid wide is accurate, pretty comfortable, look good enough.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #238 on: August 28, 2017, 08:27:59 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #239 on: August 28, 2017, 10:51:44 PM »

Damn Shawn, you went in. Shoes look like they skate really well.