Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328858 times)

E

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1980 on: April 27, 2020, 09:22:51 AM »
Are companies not releasing new product right now because of corona virus?

Real hasn't updated their website with new graphics in a while, still promoting "Spring 2020 - drop 1" usually by this time they'd be dropping things for the summer season no?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #1981 on: April 27, 2020, 09:56:58 AM »
Are companies not releasing new product right now because of corona virus?

Real hasn't updated their website with new graphics in a while, still promoting "Spring 2020 - drop 1" usually by this time they'd be dropping things for the summer season no?

Probably just a combination of things surrounding the virus. Parts of China were shut down for a while, SF is still under a lockdown type thing. There are a lot of moving pieces to get a line out on time without the pandemic. Most likely just delayed or they decided to scale back how much they were putting out and spacing it over the next few seasons while they adjust their game plan. Like instead of 4 board series this drop only running 2 and saving 2 for fall not knowing when they'll get back in the offices.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1982 on: April 27, 2020, 11:29:17 AM »
Really want to grab the slave commuter in 8.3 but the only place that has it is boardparadise and I prefer not to support them if I don’t have to. If anyone’s local has it let me know so I can hit them up

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1983 on: April 27, 2020, 11:38:08 AM »
Really want to grab the slave commuter in 8.3 but the only place that has it is boardparadise and I prefer not to support them if I don’t have to. If anyone’s local has it let me know so I can hit them up

Who posted that link to that co that basically connects cool shops? Parade? Something....I’ll look for it.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1984 on: April 27, 2020, 11:45:27 AM »
Oh yeah it’s parade I think. I’ll give it a shot. Already did a Instagram hashtag deep search

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1985 on: April 27, 2020, 12:16:32 PM »
Parade is super good. Their shipping is USPS priority for $4.99 (per shop), which is much faster than the free shipping from Tactics, etc., and is well worth it.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #1986 on: April 27, 2020, 12:51:15 PM »

Cowtown might have it, but buying it directly from $lave is far from not supporting something local, the brand is ran out of the garage and I’m sure could use any help during this time as well.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1987 on: April 27, 2020, 12:57:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Cowtown might have it, but buying it directly from $lave is far from not supporting something local, the brand is ran out of the garage and I’m sure could use any help during this time as well.

Would Deff buy from slave direct but they only have the 8.6. I’ll check cowtown. Just got a deck from them two weeks again haha

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #1988 on: May 01, 2020, 03:49:40 PM »
Is Ye Olde Destruction Book by Thomas Campbell worth it?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1989 on: May 01, 2020, 04:18:50 PM »
books are generally worth it imo

i’m a book hoarder tho
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #1990 on: May 01, 2020, 04:37:40 PM »

It’s cool if you like Thomas Campbell and his artsy layouts, but the actual book is about as large as your hand, which is a little disappointing. He is also putting the movie on Transworld for free so if you buy it for the streaming code might not be worth it.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1991 on: May 01, 2020, 05:37:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s cool if you like Thomas Campbell and his artsy layouts, but the actual book is about as large as your hand, which is a little disappointing. He is also putting the movie on Transworld for free so if you buy it for the streaming code might not be worth it.

Okay, I’ll just skip it then. Thank you!

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1992 on: May 01, 2020, 05:51:56 PM »
anyone know websites in the US that are selling FA/Hockey decks? would much rather buy from a shop than direct to consumer if possible
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

DaCeLeRyMaN

• Rep: -12
« Reply #1993 on: May 01, 2020, 06:25:11 PM »
Debating on getting the AVE pros or new balance 913s. I want something that’s not going to hurt my feet after 10 minutes and was considering accels but they might be too bulky. I’d appreciate anyone’s two cents since I don’t have a shop near me to try them on.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #1994 on: May 01, 2020, 06:39:24 PM »
Debating on getting the AVE pros or new balance 913s. I want something that’s not going to hurt my feet after 10 minutes and was considering accels but they might be too bulky. I’d appreciate anyone’s two cents since I don’t have a shop near me to try them on.

AVE pros feel solid, albeit a little light and almost too “breathable” because there’s so much mesh in the shoe. That’s a me problem, though. Maybe you’ll enjoy those features though. They’re true to size and feel snug, but not a constraining snug. They seem durable and ready to skate immediately, too.

Tried on 913 and they fit true to size as well. More spacious than the AVEs in the toe but you’re not swimming in the toe box though. There’s more structure in those compared to the AVEs, so they seem more durable and supportive in my opinion. Tongue is not that padded.

Go with 913. Accels don’t feel like they used to right now. Pass on those for sure.
Super Champion Fun Zone

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1995 on: May 01, 2020, 06:59:55 PM »
How are doh doh bushings?
Want to try some for my Ventures but I’m weird about using another brand I don’t use (Ace, Indy, Bones).

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1996 on: May 01, 2020, 07:59:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

AVE pros feel solid, albeit a little light and almost too “breathable” because there’s so much mesh in the shoe. That’s a me problem, though. Maybe you’ll enjoy those features though. They’re true to size and feel snug, but not a constraining snug. They seem durable and ready to skate immediately, too.

Tried on 913 and they fit true to size as well. More spacious than the AVEs in the toe but you’re not swimming in the toe box though. There’s more structure in those compared to the AVEs, so they seem more durable and supportive in my opinion. Tongue is not that padded.

Go with 913. Accels don’t feel like they used to right now. Pass on those for sure.
liking my 913 more i wear them. They grow on your. Especially the fit and construction. Super supportive and just 100% well rounded.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1997 on: May 02, 2020, 04:28:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
liking my 913 more i wear them. They grow on your. Especially the fit and construction. Super supportive and just 100% well rounded.
Good to hear. Skated my 913’s for a bit yesterday and decided I need to give them a little more time off the board before I start skating them full time.

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 462
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1998 on: May 02, 2020, 05:18:10 AM »
How are doh doh bushings?
Want to try some for my Ventures but I’m weird about using another brand I don’t use (Ace, Indy, Bones).
Doh-Dohs tend to crumble as they break in. Supercush is the way to go.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1999 on: May 06, 2020, 02:52:33 AM »
https://www.tactics.com/deathwish/gang-logo-91-skateboard-deck/red-black

curious about this shape. reminds me of those tfunk and jj shapes with sub 14wb, which I didn’t get to try

edit: damn... too slow
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 02:55:58 AM by Weon »
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2000 on: May 06, 2020, 08:42:49 AM »
https://www.tactics.com/deathwish/gang-logo-91-skateboard-deck/red-black

curious about this shape. reminds me of those tfunk and jj shapes with sub 14wb, which I didn’t get to try
Looks like a cool shape.

DaCeLeRyMaN

• Rep: -12
« Reply #2001 on: May 09, 2020, 09:29:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Good to hear. Skated my 913’s for a bit yesterday and decided I need to give them a little more time off the board before I start skating them full time.

Ended up going with the 913’s, tactics had my size in the whit and blue for 60

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #2002 on: May 10, 2020, 01:39:34 AM »
Has anyone skated girl's Skidul shape?
 I saw dudes on previous page talking about them

I want to know if 149 or 144 would be the go? 

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2003 on: May 10, 2020, 06:43:58 AM »
Has anyone skated girl's Skidul shape?
 I saw dudes on previous page talking about them

I want to know if 149 or 144 would be the go?

Shape looks really dope. And it looked liked Carl Aikens was riding it and he looks amazing on board. He looks like his trucks are really wide.
I think either 149/144s would work fine. My guess is 144s might be a slightly more accurate fit.
Haven’t had one.
They seem to be harder to snag

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2004 on: May 10, 2020, 08:41:05 PM »
KA’ boards seem so hard to find, I really want to support him over someone like Raven but then again the couch shape looks like a load of fun too!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #2005 on: May 10, 2020, 09:11:19 PM »
Wanna pick this up - anyone have experience with deluxe sweaters?

I'd say I'm typically a medium but I usually find crews fit tight around the neck. Worth the size up?

did you get this? the Deluxe hoodies i've are on Independent Trading Co. blanks so i'd imagine this is also. i've an Independent Trading Co. blank sweater and feel it fits the same as the hoodies, arms, body length, etc...  don't know about the neck though.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
« Reply #2006 on: May 10, 2020, 09:14:44 PM »
anyone know websites in the US that are selling FA/Hockey decks? would much rather buy from a shop than direct to consumer if possible

cowtown
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2007 on: May 10, 2020, 09:54:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

35th north
35th ave
Uprise
cowtown

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #2008 on: May 12, 2020, 06:05:36 PM »
Adidas Tyshawn. Anyone got leads on skate shops that carry them or shops with sales on them?
Rather not cop from Adidas directly or places like CCS/Tactics, etc. if I don’t have to.

Been tempted by these lately and seem to be one of the only good shoes Adidas has made in awhile. Everything else from Adidas right now seems boring or cheap, minus the Copa Nationale.
Tried Busenitz but that egregious heel-toe drop left me keeping them as occasional chillers instead of skating them.
Super Champion Fun Zone

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #2009 on: May 13, 2020, 09:59:52 AM »
Adidas Tyshawn. Anyone got leads on skate shops that carry them or shops with sales on them?
Rather not cop from Adidas directly or places like CCS/Tactics, etc. if I don’t have to.

Been tempted by these lately and seem to be one of the only good shoes Adidas has made in awhile. Everything else from Adidas right now seems boring or cheap, minus the Copa Nationale.
Tried Busenitz but that egregious heel-toe drop left me keeping them as occasional chillers instead of skating them.

Edit I'm dumb I forgot the link.

https://303boards-com.myshopify.com/collections/adidas

20% of
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 10:24:44 AM by graypubes »