Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328714 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #2010 on: May 13, 2020, 10:03:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Adidas Tyshawn. Anyone got leads on skate shops that carry them or shops with sales on them?
Rather not cop from Adidas directly or places like CCS/Tactics, etc. if I don’t have to.

Been tempted by these lately and seem to be one of the only good shoes Adidas has made in awhile. Everything else from Adidas right now seems boring or cheap, minus the Copa Nationale.
Tried Busenitz but that egregious heel-toe drop left me keeping them as occasional chillers instead of skating them.
[close]

20% of

35th north, 35th ave, Uprise have em.
Parade world (I think?) helps connect you to real shops.

Shoe is real decent. Lasts awhile too. I like the toe shape for skating, nice firm sole.
Cheers to shopping right

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2011 on: May 13, 2020, 11:07:58 AM »
black pair $68 on adidas and also --- Get 15% off purchases up to $99, 20% off $100-$199, or 30% off $200 and up. Use promo code SAVENOW at checkout.
https://www.adidas.com/us/tyshawn-shoes/EF8519.html

$57 shipped

Krile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -91
  • I train moogles
« Reply #2013 on: May 13, 2020, 01:35:42 PM »
nothin cuz im broke  8)
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2014 on: May 13, 2020, 01:47:21 PM »
black pair $68 on adidas and also --- Get 15% off purchases up to $99, 20% off $100-$199, or 30% off $200 and up. Use promo code SAVENOW at checkout.

$57 shipped

So don’t support skate shops eh?

Sweet of you to post the deal, but didn’t the person ask for a skate shop that was carrying the shoe? Not the shoe site (which is being semi wack to shops by offering it direct for cheaper).

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2015 on: May 13, 2020, 01:53:52 PM »
Expand Quote

$57 shipped
[close]
So don’t support skate shops eh?

Sweet of you to post the deal, but didn’t the person ask for a skate shop that was carrying the shoe? Not the shoe site (which is being semi wack to shops by offering it direct for cheaper).
definitely support skate shops.

good review posted yesterday

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #2016 on: May 13, 2020, 02:11:27 PM »
Gray, Ok, and Jay: Thanks for the suggestions. 8)  My local shops either had them but not in my size (11) or didnt have them at all.  :-\

Will likely grab from one of those shops you posted! If I’m gonna buy a big sports brand skate shoe, the least I can do is buy from a skate shop (who needs that % of money more than Adidas right now) if I’m going that route.

They look great and that Tactics review kind of sold me on them lol
Super Champion Fun Zone

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2017 on: May 13, 2020, 02:50:15 PM »
Gray, Ok, and Jay: Thanks for the suggestions. 8)  My local shops either had them but not in my size (11) or didnt have them at all.  :-\

Will likely grab from one of those shops you posted! If I’m gonna buy a big sports brand skate shoe, the least I can do is buy from a skate shop (who needs that % of money more than Adidas right now) if I’m going that route.

What do you normally skate?
It’s a good shoe. I’ve talked about it more on here, making it seem as though I’m passionate about the specific model, when in truth I think it’s good. Maybe just behind the AVE pro for fave shoe I’ve had lately. At the least they last decently well.
I thought that review was pretty spot on. I don’t rip laces, but I’m not nearly as good as that reviewer. There is really nice, form structure under the arch, and if anything the shoe cambers my feet slightly inward, making an ankle roll, outward, feel unlikely.
Because I am a moron I note that although this shoe lasts, isn’t expensive, is available at shops I buy from, is comfortable enough, gf doesn’t hate it, skates decently....I’ll be getting something else eventually just to switch it up. Because why use the same thing that you know works?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2018 on: May 13, 2020, 04:16:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What do you normally skate?
It’s a good shoe. I’ve talked about it more on here, making it seem as though I’m passionate about the specific model, when in truth I think it’s good. Maybe just behind the AVE pro for fave shoe I’ve had lately. At the least they last decently well.
I thought that review was pretty spot on. I don’t rip laces, but I’m not nearly as good as that reviewer. There is really nice, form structure under the arch, and if anything the shoe cambers my feet slightly inward, making an ankle roll, outward, feel unlikely.
Because I am a moron I note that although this shoe lasts, isn’t expensive, is available at shops I buy from, is comfortable enough, gf doesn’t hate it, skates decently....I’ll be getting something else eventually just to switch it up. Because why use the same thing that you know works?

Normally, Etnies Marana, joslin, veer, dc cupsoles, dunks, es cupsoles. Cupsoles, generally. Been in the mood to experiment, because like you, why use the same thing that works (my Etnies cupsoles) haha
Can’t do vulcs much anymore.

Good to know about the fit. I like structure in a shoe so I’ll probably like them! Thanks!
Super Champion Fun Zone

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #2019 on: May 13, 2020, 06:59:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Wanna pick this up - anyone have experience with deluxe sweaters?

I'd say I'm typically a medium but I usually find crews fit tight around the neck. Worth the size up?

[close]

did you get this? the Deluxe hoodies i've are on Independent Trading Co. blanks so i'd imagine this is also. i've an Independent Trading Co. blank sweater and feel it fits the same as the hoodies, arms, body length, etc...  don't know about the neck though.

Yup - ordered a large and feel it was a good call. Fits pretty similar to my AH hoodie in med but a little more square.

Thanks for the input though!

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #2020 on: May 13, 2020, 11:47:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I'd say I'm typically a medium but I usually find crews fit tight around the neck. Worth the size up?

[close]

did you get this? the Deluxe hoodies i've are on Independent Trading Co. blanks so i'd imagine this is also. i've an Independent Trading Co. blank sweater and feel it fits the same as the hoodies, arms, body length, etc...  don't know about the neck though.
[close]

Yup - ordered a large and feel it was a good call. Fits pretty similar to my AH hoodie in med but a little more square.

Where'd you find this? Thanks in advance.

Wonderful Whizzplank

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2021 on: May 14, 2020, 03:06:26 PM »
Want to try a puffy shoe but I'm on the fence, theres the Accel OG and the Lynx OG that have caught my eye. Anyone able to give a comparison? All I'd be really hoping for is board feel better than Skytop 3s, and a good flick would be nice.
Total newbie

Davethedavedave

• Rep: -101
« Reply #2022 on: May 14, 2020, 10:54:34 PM »
Yes

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #2023 on: May 16, 2020, 08:00:36 PM »
Sorry in advance for the bump.
I’ve been riding stock thunder 149s since February and today I guess the top and bottom bushings of my front truck decided to explode. Now I gotta select what shape and hardness of bushings I want. I skate mostly ledges and curbs. Any recommendations?
Edit: spelling
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 01:46:24 AM by Slugboi22 »

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #2024 on: May 16, 2020, 08:31:27 PM »
Want to try a puffy shoe but I'm on the fence, theres the Accel OG and the Lynx OG that have caught my eye. Anyone able to give a comparison? All I'd be really hoping for is board feel better than Skytop 3s, and a good flick would be nice.
I’ve got a pair of Lynx I skate from time to time (i’ve got a rotation of 4 different pairs) and I like ‘em. You can still feel your board alright and they can take a hell of a beating. Not the grippiest shoe but it hasn’t bothered me yet. My kickflips and 360 flips feel great in them. I grew up skating these and big-ass Circa’s so going from a slim shoe to these felt natural and I didn’t need long to get used to them. Haven’t tried the OG Accel’s though but éS seems to have cheap construction lately from what I’ve seen.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 08:33:09 PM by TheBoognish »

DaCeLeRyMaN

• Rep: -12
« Reply #2025 on: May 16, 2020, 09:36:16 PM »
If you can pull off the puffy shoe aesthetic id say the lynx. I was on the fence with the og accels too but the general consensus from everyone on here seems to be that they’re over all cheap shoes. I would like to hear someone elaborate on that a little more, I haven’t heard anything specially bad about them.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2026 on: May 16, 2020, 11:06:12 PM »
If you can pull off the puffy shoe aesthetic id say the lynx. I was on the fence with the og accels too but the general consensus from everyone on here seems to be that they’re over all cheap shoes. I would like to hear someone elaborate on that a little more, I haven’t heard anything specially bad about them.
what shape is out that is similar to Chico's old chocolate shape? real shame they stopped making them
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2027 on: May 17, 2020, 12:13:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
what shape is out that is similar to Chico's old chocolate shape? real shame they stopped making them
crail still makes them and if crail is too stale for you, Raven has a similar shape on chocolate

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #2028 on: May 17, 2020, 11:39:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Where'd you find this? Thanks in advance.

An Alberta shop - awesome dudes.

https://shop.shredzshop.com/anti-hero-anti-hero-punch-crew.html

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2029 on: May 17, 2020, 02:54:47 PM »

I have a couple pairs (2017-2019 runs) and they seem to fit differently from each other. All black fits tighter in the toe compared to the all brown ones. The navy and gum ones are similar to the all black in the toe area. A sand/brown and white leather one I have fits and feels the best of all that I have.
 Since the relaunch in 2014, the Accels are way too stubby in the toe box. It cramps your toes a lil bit unless you size up (but then it doesn’t fit right elsewhere if you do that). Also, the flick isn’t that good because it’s too stubby and not a rounded point shape like it used to be. The insole is cheap foam but it can be swapped easily.
The tongue has way too much padding, or, that it’s too dense and it doesn’t mold to your foot as easily. Lynx is puffy but it molds to your foot well and doesn’t feel constricting or heavy. Accels can’t feel like heavy bricks with the current construction. I’ve tried to skate mine multiple times and something just feels off with them.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 03:23:26 AM by DarkPools »
Super Champion Fun Zone

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2030 on: May 17, 2020, 11:10:23 PM »
looking for some basketball-like shoes to skate in. dropped hooping to skate, and think that ball inspired might help permanently break my mental block of not jumping as high as possible.

im crazy i know, but jumping in something that reminds me of basketball has worked in the past. i got my best pop in nike air forces at the cost of no boardfeel and a rolled ankle. i will return to more conventional looking skate shoes eventually, but would rather get the muscle memory of popping tricks high in something that feels right to me. whether that makes any sense or not, i need to decide on new shoes.

the adidas tyshawn, cons fastbreak, jordan 1 Low, or nike dunks are my current options. gonna try them all at some point but which should i go with next? any good options im not considering?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2031 on: May 18, 2020, 03:30:37 AM »
looking for some basketball-like shoes to skate in. dropped hooping to skate, and think that ball inspired might help permanently break my mental block of not jumping as high as possible.

im crazy i know, but jumping in something that reminds me of basketball has worked in the past. i got my best pop in nike air forces at the cost of no boardfeel and a rolled ankle. i will return to more conventional looking skate shoes eventually, but would rather get the muscle memory of popping tricks high in something that feels right to me. whether that makes any sense or not, i need to decide on new shoes.

the adidas tyshawn, cons fastbreak, jordan 1 Low, or nike dunks are my current options. gonna try them all at some point but which should i go with next? any good options im not considering?
Converse Pro Leather (regular and skate versions)
Es accel slim with your own insoles, maybe
Converse Rival
Adidas Top Ten, Rivalry, or Entrap
Nike Court Borough
Super Champion Fun Zone

Krile

• Rep: -91
  • I train moogles
« Reply #2032 on: May 18, 2020, 03:55:40 AM »

Since you play basketball I'd say go with the Jordans if you aren't crazy about Micheal Jordan I'd recommend the Dunk High.
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #2033 on: May 18, 2020, 06:28:09 AM »

Maybe anmly tempest

doublesteveburger

« Reply #2034 on: May 18, 2020, 09:15:03 PM »
anyone know of any light wash skate jeans that stretch?

always blowing out holes in my Levi’s and I’m kinda over it

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #2035 on: May 19, 2020, 08:14:56 AM »

My volcom jeans have held up nicely

shmazz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2036 on: May 19, 2020, 10:12:27 AM »
Either an Alien Workshop deck or an FA one, does anyone know how the nose and tail are shaped on the more recent AW models? They look kinda squared in pics

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #2037 on: May 19, 2020, 11:10:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Volcom have great pants and they're durable.
My only gripe with them, as well as most pants, is that the stretchier the pants the more they shrink.
I have a few pairs of their always-available baggier fit (Kinkade) and they've shrunk to be much slimme, though not too bad. Similar to a Levis 501 after shrinkage but much more comfortable.
So, either hang dry the Kinkade pants or sometimes they'll release a one-off pant that a big baggier.
Right now the 'Modown' jean is their baggiest fit I believe and is a light wash.

PENILE_JUDGEMENT

« Reply #2038 on: May 19, 2020, 05:39:02 PM »
Looking for a short wheelbase with a bigger than normal tail (prefer nose sized), normal-sized nose, and very steep nose/tail/concave. I ride 8-8.25". Eyeing the deck linked below right now, but I have no idea about the steepness of Otherness decks, and worried that 31" is just too short of a length.  Any other board suggestions?

http://www.otherness-ish.com/main-store/shannon-may-8x31joeroberts

Width: 8"
Nose: 7"
Tail: 6.75"
Wheelbase: 13.75""
Length: 31"
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 05:43:05 PM by PENILE_JUDGEMENT »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2039 on: May 19, 2020, 07:48:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

+1 for Volcom Jeans