Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324552 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #2370 on: September 20, 2020, 10:40:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Thinking between getting a set of Indy Forged Hollows or maybe Thunder Titanium Lights, I'm on Thunder hollow lights now. I don't mind the thunders, not sure if it's worth trying the Indys. I'm after a lighter truck to make it easier for my old legs.
[close]

For my old legs, the easier popping of the Indys negates any additional weight. I was forced to give up my thunders at 42 for easier popping (decreased wheelbase) of Indys.

I was just thinking:
If you think if your board as a catapult (or see saw) the weight of the fulcrum (your truck) won't have an impact on the actual pop, but more on how much force it takes to drag and level out the board which makes the board feel heavier? That whats always made Independent a strange truck to me, they feel heavy (weight) but pop light (because they don't change the WB), yet the common feedback about them how heavy they feel.

Snapped up some Autobahn wheels on clearance, the weird colors so I'll gift them to homies.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2371 on: September 21, 2020, 08:30:20 PM »
Want those Puig really bad but on the other hand 3st.004 are 50% off here...
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #2372 on: September 21, 2020, 09:05:03 PM »
Where?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2373 on: September 21, 2020, 09:10:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Where?

Yea where? Like your local or some online shop?

You cannot withhold this information moon.

Half of is wild.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #2374 on: September 21, 2020, 10:57:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Where?
[close]

Half of is wild.

Quick google search tells me it might be here... https://www.the-house.com/ai03st0085ccf19zz-adidas-skate-shoes.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9YSfjYr86wIVMwPnCh1rfQdfEAQYAyABEgIoj_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The reddish (orange?) ones
Super Champion Fun Zone

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2375 on: September 21, 2020, 11:06:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Where?
[close]

Half of is wild.
[close]

Quick google search tells me it might be here... https://www.the-house.com/ai03st0085ccf19zz-adidas-skate-shoes.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9YSfjYr86wIVMwPnCh1rfQdfEAQYAyABEgIoj_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The reddish (orange?) ones

https://www.the-house.com/shoes-skate-shoes.html?nocache=1&refine.pagenumber=1&sort_by_field=Price%3AASC

Globe shoes for $30 and up.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2376 on: September 22, 2020, 04:23:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Where?
[close]

Half of is wild.
Adidas chilean webpage. I should had specified, my apologies pals.
Still thinking if I should pull the trigger on those
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 95
« Reply #2377 on: September 22, 2020, 06:41:29 AM »
stocked up on Huf galaxy's when i heard they were quittin the shoe game, and almost done my last pair, havnt thought about new shoes in a while. Are Emericas still good to skate? i remember really liking them a while back and the prices are reasonable

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2378 on: September 22, 2020, 07:52:59 PM »
Ace 55 and 54 spit og classics for $50 shipped

Don’t really need more 9” trucks just got daddies 169 ti but my curiosity for ace is high
Don’t really need more spits got 53mm conical full 99a now. But classic formula.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2379 on: September 22, 2020, 08:38:01 PM »
Ace 55 and 54 spit og classics for $50 shipped

Don’t really need more 9” trucks just got daddies 169 ti but my curiosity for ace is high
Don’t really need more spits got 53mm conical full 99a now. But classic formula.

I second you in the OG Classics. Picked up some wheels recently but itching for OG classics.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2380 on: September 23, 2020, 12:15:29 AM »
Really tempted to try a carbon fiber deck from China, the graphics are blatant ripoffs of other brands (Primitive, Marvel) but it tickles me how little they give a fuck about copyright infringement or grammar. The carbon fiber ones look decent - 2 sheets carbon fiber, 5 sheets of maple. Some even come with a slick bottom so I'm pretty sure some of the workers in the NHS factories brought some samples out to reverse engineer the boards for sale in the local market.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #2381 on: September 23, 2020, 03:34:58 AM »
Those Gilbert Crocket highs Quasi collab, both colors.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2382 on: September 23, 2020, 03:53:04 AM »
stocked up on Huf galaxy's when i heard they were quittin the shoe game, and almost done my last pair, havnt thought about new shoes in a while. Are Emericas still good to skate? i remember really liking them a while back and the prices are reasonable
Not since 2004
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #2383 on: September 23, 2020, 04:06:13 AM »
Thinking of getting some destructo D-1. Does anyone that has them know what they weigh and whether the mag baseplates make a substantial difference in that department? I have the d-2 and they're around 350g so I'm hoping they're in the same neighborhood.

Also if anyone can track down hard Film bushings that can be shipped to the US for less than $35 I'd be very grateful.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2384 on: September 23, 2020, 06:21:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Not since 2004
different strokes. They’ve gotten favorable reviews.. spanky’s, pilar, Dickson, figgy’s, wino g6

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #2385 on: September 23, 2020, 05:45:49 PM »
I love the wino slip g6.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2386 on: September 23, 2020, 06:30:00 PM »
Thinking of getting some destructo D-1. Does anyone that has them know what they weigh and whether the mag baseplates make a substantial difference in that department? I have the d-2 and they're around 350g so I'm hoping they're in the same neighborhood.

I’ve been meaning to get a set. Emailed asking about picking up at their warehouse (address on their site is close to my house and I’m impatient). But, they replied a day later and offered free shipping and I asked some questions that they took their time to answer. S/O to Tommy from Destructo.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2387 on: September 23, 2020, 07:19:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve been meaning to get a set. Emailed asking about picking up at their warehouse (address on their site is close to my house and I’m impatient). But, they replied a day later and offered free shipping and I asked some questions that they took their time to answer. S/O to Tommy from Destructo.

Their customer service is top notch, took the time to answer all my questions. They offered me a discount code (SHALOM) a few months ago, not sure if it still works but I don't see anywhere on the site the enter the code.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #2388 on: September 24, 2020, 09:11:46 AM »
if Shorty's re-releases Muska in 7.75, then those for sure.
And / or if Olson decks re-appear (also in under 8") I will buy those till I die.

Also, Black Magic grip. I used to use this all the time? Can't remember it compared to Jessup, but I know for 3 years its all I used

just guilty of fulfilling my dream

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2389 on: September 24, 2020, 09:21:32 AM »
And / or if Olson decks re-appear (also in under 8") I will buy those till I die.

Also, Black Magic grip. I used to use this all the time? Can't remember it compared to Jessup, but I know for 3 years its all I used

All that and no Ghetto Child wheels and Silverado bolts? Do you even know How To Go Pro?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #2390 on: September 24, 2020, 09:27:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

All that and no Ghetto Child wheels and Silverado bolts? Do you even know How To Go Pro?

Ha.

I feel like the Olson in an 8” would be historically accurate. His boards looked big at the time. The first Shorty’s boards, that were just colors with the basic graphic, the mustard yellow was my shit. We were pretty sure Muska was skating 8s cuz he gave my friend one at a contest and it looked enormous....

(Not that you were suggesting riding the exact board those dudes rode. That’s totally something I used to be very into: riding the whole complete the way the person set it up, it made sense to me that it would work better that way).

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #2391 on: September 24, 2020, 11:18:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ha.

I feel like the Olson in an 8” would be historically accurate. His boards looked big at the time. The first Shorty’s boards, that were just colors with the basic graphic, the mustard yellow was my shit. We were pretty sure Muska was skating 8s cuz he gave my friend one at a contest and it looked enormous....

(Not that you were suggesting riding the exact board those dudes rode. That’s totally something I used to be very into: riding the whole complete the way the person set it up, it made sense to me that it would work better that way).

I also used to do that. This led me to Royals on a 7.5 Mariano deck at one point! This may also make you laugh, but I started getting picky about who I liked for a period (we were spoiled for a lot of years there that there was a lot to pick from!) , if it meant I would have to buy too much gear out of my realm. I think you are right that the main red Muska was an 8. I would definitely get psyched if my dudes liked the same gear that I did. I mentioned in my photos appreciation thread, that I was bummed that Klein didn't ride Indys (because I didn't want to ride Thunders in 1990 at all). Honestly, my best setup ever was probably a 7.6 Habitat O'Connor with Venture 5.0 Lows. That and an old AWS Danny Way 7.625 with Indy 126 stage 8's.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 11:29:06 AM by ok boomer »

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2392 on: September 24, 2020, 01:04:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ha.

[close]

I also used to do that. This led me to Royals on a 7.5 Mariano deck at one point! This may also make you laugh, but I started getting picky about who I liked for a period (we were spoiled for a lot of years there that there was a lot to pick from!) , if it meant I would have to buy too much gear out of my realm. I think you are right that the main red Muska was an 8. I would definitely get psyched if my dudes liked the same gear that I did. I mentioned in my photos appreciation thread, that I was bummed that Klein didn't ride Indys (because I didn't want to ride Thunders in 1990 at all). Honestly, my best setup ever was probably a 7.6 Habitat O'Connor with Venture 5.0 Lows. That and an old AWS Danny Way 7.625 with Indy 126 stage 8's.
That’s interesting. I’ve actually started doing the set-up a board like a pro thing recently. I tried a Templeton and Lance build recently. It’s nice to try new parts sometimes.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #2393 on: September 24, 2020, 01:45:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ha.

[close]

[close]
That’s interesting. I’ve actually started doing the set-up a board like a pro thing recently. I tried a Templeton and Lance build recently. It’s nice to try new parts sometimes.

I also did a Mariano on royals and 50 mm spitfire classics and it was the shit. So good, maybe in like 99/2000. I’ve had royals more recently and they were actually ok, but they deserve their bad rep for all the bad shit they put out in early mid 2000s. Even tho my memory is really torched I can still remember old setups and dumb shit. Not sure what happened to that board, time in life where I’d drink and forget to skate for long periods of time. Really regrettable. I think my goofiest was maybe a maple mayhew with krux and pig wheels. Also liked it until I didn’t. This is way before wb/length measurements crossed my mind, but I understood that trucks were fairly different and it made since that the deck might be shaped with that in mind. Or not. Now there is a bunch of other shit to take into account: nose/tail dimensions/steepness and.....all of a sudden I don’t care anymore. It’s actually what brought me back to smaller boards: 775 will work, without all of the witchcraft

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #2394 on: October 05, 2020, 11:54:22 AM »
thinking about ordering some blazer mids in whit leather!

Anybody got recommendations abaout the sizing?
Usually i'm going a half size down in dunks- do they compare lenght and width wise?

Thanks for any info pals

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
« Reply #2395 on: October 05, 2020, 05:42:32 PM »
Riptide pivot cups in my Ventures. I’m sick of putting speed cream in. Are they worth it?

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #2396 on: October 05, 2020, 05:45:35 PM »
I want to buy another pair of the Manchester xlk but can't find them at any shop. Also wanna get a set of hollow venture 5.8 but no luck. Anyone know where I can get this?

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2397 on: October 05, 2020, 06:23:57 PM »
Riptide pivot cups in my Ventures. I’m sick of putting speed cream in. Are they worth it?
100% worth it. can really feel the turning difference with riptides and ventures even with stock bushings
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2398 on: October 05, 2020, 07:46:29 PM »
Spitfires, popped by F4 cherry last week and I'm a convert from Bones.

Most shops only have odd sizes (51, 54), I'm looking for Tablets or Conicals in 101a 52mm.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2399 on: October 05, 2020, 08:50:20 PM »
why yes, yes they are  :)