Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324515 times)

fs1/2cab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #3150 on: October 07, 2021, 02:17:59 AM »
Thinking about the Polar 91 Jr. on 144 Indys. The only thing that's holding me back is the 6.5 tail and don't know how steep that is. Help me pals
IG: @flowterspace

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3151 on: October 07, 2021, 07:42:25 AM »
Thinking about the Polar 91 Jr. on 144 Indys. The only thing that's holding me back is the 6.5 tail and don't know how steep that is. Help me pals

never owned one but it looks pretty mellow to me
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3152 on: October 07, 2021, 09:07:54 AM »
Thanks @off

Another one, I am looking at way too often..

Is the Rowan Pro Shoe a bit more stiff and doesn't get floppy as the usual Vans Pro shoes?

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #3153 on: October 07, 2021, 09:44:55 AM »
Thanks @off

Another one, I am looking at way too often..

Is the Rowan Pro Shoe a bit more stiff and doesn't get floppy as the usual Vans Pro shoes?
They are definitely my second favorite vans shoe next to the new half cabs. You should get them.

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #3154 on: October 07, 2021, 03:21:31 PM »
Last Resort AB VM002. Low.

Does anyone know how these feel compared to Blazer lows?
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #3155 on: October 07, 2021, 03:56:52 PM »
Etnies Calli-cut

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #3156 on: October 07, 2021, 04:39:32 PM »

Honestly between the two I would stick with blazers. i’ve been skating my 002s and they are good but your feet don’t nearly feel as locked in. also for some reason, the seam near the toe box rubs up on the top of one of my toes when i try kickflips. they’re great shoes, just wish my heels were more locked in.
edit: also wish they wouldn’t rub up on my toe. please fix that shit pontus

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -63
  • eight equals d
« Reply #3157 on: October 07, 2021, 04:46:07 PM »
one of those hand held massaging guns
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3158 on: October 07, 2021, 06:17:44 PM »
one of those hand held massaging guns

Definitely worth it, even the cheap ones off AliExpress are decent.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #3159 on: October 09, 2021, 02:16:02 PM »

My experience with the Last Resort wasn’t great. I want to like the shoe and it looks great, but it has a tiny toebox which I found unskateable. I actually switched to some old Blazers I keep in my car midway through my first and only sessions with the LRs, and suddenly my toes weren’t killing me and I could skate again.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #3160 on: October 14, 2021, 03:04:54 AM »
Sammy Montano’s newest Alien deck. Not really contemplating, I mean, I’m just gonna buy the fucker soon.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #3161 on: October 17, 2021, 02:35:41 PM »
Do I buy aces? My thunders are cracking on the hangar so I’m due regardless.

But changing truck brands is like a lifestyle change. Commitment is scary.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #3162 on: October 17, 2021, 07:01:45 PM »

They skate like a grippier and less structured pair of converse. Dont remind me of the GTs much, theyre not nearly as stiff and the tread is different.
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #3163 on: October 17, 2021, 09:09:10 PM »
I'm deciding between mini logo and ceramic quantum bearings. idk the difference between isotope and atoms, but the price seems pretty good for a ceramic bearing. Considering mini logos just cause they're cheap lol.

i had a bones swiss bearing explode on a flatground trick. I only skated it for just over a year and I'm not a big impact guy or anything, so kind of bummed on 'nicer' bearings, even if they do roll faster.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #3164 on: October 18, 2021, 12:18:26 PM »
Do I buy aces? My thunders are cracking on the hangar so I’m due regardless.

But changing truck brands is like a lifestyle change. Commitment is scary.

Zumies still has Ace Classic 44s and 33s for $30, so the cost to try it out is low. Personally I feel like Ace and Thunder are trucks from two different planets, but who knows - you might be able to make the switch easily.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #3165 on: October 18, 2021, 01:43:23 PM »
I'm deciding between mini logo and ceramic quantum bearings. idk the difference between isotope and atoms, but the price seems pretty good for a ceramic bearing. Considering mini logos just cause they're cheap lol.

i had a bones swiss bearing explode on a flatground trick. I only skated it for just over a year and I'm not a big impact guy or anything, so kind of bummed on 'nicer' bearings, even if they do roll faster.

to be honest I've skated mini logos and they lasted really really long. I usually just buy reds so I can't remember why I even bought them but they're still in some wheels I used for skating in the snow all last winter somewhere in my house with plenty of life still in them despite being used for a long time it terrible conditions. They're cheap and last long. They're not the worlds fastest bearing but they work good if you ask me. I don't really notice them feeling slow. I'm not some speed demon or anything.

Also I kind of echo your same sentiments about expensive bearings. I only had bones swiss once in my life and that board was stolen. It didn't really feel worth it to ever buy them again. I know it's not the same as breaking them but I'm still kind of like nah I'll just skate reds for the rest of my life, but now that I think about I never actually broke those mini logos so maybe I'll get more of those. Now I sort of feel like skating bones swiss is kind of elitist.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #3166 on: October 19, 2021, 09:30:05 PM »
I'm switching to lakai again. I can't fuck with Nike or Adidas. Vans chukka is the only vans shoe I rock these days it's only because I miss the Chukka Boot desperately and I can't afford like aves which is one of the best shoes ever made.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3167 on: October 23, 2021, 02:44:15 AM »

I don't usually go silly for things, but this one has me wanting one or more...

This might be a bit more just for Aussies, but the Antihero Oz eagle decks are out again, with a couple of places already having some and more on the way (OCD and KickPush show in stock).

8.5 in green and an 8.25 in yellow as well - almost green and gold, you could say.

The last ones were pretty cool.

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/products/anti-hero-oz-eagle-8-5-skateboard-deck

https://www.kickpush.com.au/anti-hero-skateboard-deck-oz-eagle-green-8.5

https://www.kickpush.com.au/anti-hero-skateboard-deck-oz-eagle-yellow-8.25

* Kickpush doesn't have the right graphic shown but they are the OZ versions.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3168 on: October 25, 2021, 10:42:27 AM »
Anyone on here had a Sour deck in 8.25?

I am looking for the exact measurements, the info on the internet is all over the place. Preferably measured from the top.

Thanks in advance pals.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #3169 on: October 25, 2021, 12:01:44 PM »
Been skating 53-54mm f4 classics the last six or so sets of wheels, soon to be setting up a shaped board on 159's and thinking about trying some 53 radial slims, I'm mostly low impact street skating, curbs, ledges, banks etc. Good idea? or should I stick to classics

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #3170 on: October 25, 2021, 12:08:37 PM »
I'm about to lose money on XMas spending but I fantasize about...
Deckwise: More egg shapes and/or 7.75s
Shoes: Vans Half Cabs again and/or NB Tiagos

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3171 on: October 25, 2021, 12:37:12 PM »
Been skating 53-54mm f4 classics the last six or so sets of wheels, soon to be setting up a shaped 8board on 159's and thinking about trying some 53 radial slims, I'm mostly low impact street skating, curbs, ledges, banks etc. Good idea? or should I stick to classics

Classics and Radial Slims are pretty similar. The classics just have rounder sidewalls. The Radial Slims will lock in a bit better on grinds, but I found it is a bit harder to slide with them. I prefer the classics, they feel better for flips. At least for me.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #3172 on: October 25, 2021, 12:52:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Been skating 53-54mm f4 classics the last six or so sets of wheels, soon to be setting up a shaped 8board on 159's and thinking about trying some 53 radial slims, I'm mostly low impact street skating, curbs, ledges, banks etc. Good idea? or should I stick to classics
[close]

Classics and Radial Slims are pretty similar. The classics just have rounder sidewalls. The Radial Slims will lock in a bit better on grinds, but I found it is a bit harder to slide with them. I prefer the classics, they feel better for flips. At least for me.
Aah see i love my flip tricks, maybe best not to fix what ain't broken. Thanks

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #3173 on: October 26, 2021, 06:26:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Aah see i love my flip tricks, maybe best not to fix what ain't broken. Thanks

Also to mention that Radial Slims are seemingly out of production (still lots of fake and a few real ones around) so probably best going with Classics anyway.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #3174 on: October 27, 2021, 04:02:35 AM »
The new royal trucks actually look pretty good. My homie who gets hooked up by them said they skate similar to a venture but are better. He said the bushings in the new ones are really good and turn very well. Im still up in the air about them but they are on my mind to try

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #3175 on: October 28, 2021, 11:47:23 PM »
another bout with the madness.....brushing up on ledge fundamentals today with the santa cruz 8.8 shape and there was just too much foot on the board to be precise.

swapped to a quasi 8.38, and its going better than expected. square, 31.75 length, 14.25 wb, short, steep tail. more stable with 5.8s and even less wheelbite than the 8.8/5.8 pairing to my surprise. everything pop related is working aside from flip tricks, need more space for flicks. the 8.5 proto is probably what im looking for, just a wider version of the 8.38

kinda bummed the sc didnt work out, wood is great but the shape is just too long and pointy for my tastes. i feel like wider boards need to be shorter (wb or length, preferably length) to balance things out. that antihero 8.75 looks right up my alley but will probably wait go with the quasi first.
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3176 on: October 29, 2021, 12:52:11 AM »
The new royal trucks actually look pretty good. My homie who gets hooked up by them said they skate similar to a venture but are better. He said the bushings in the new ones are really good and turn very well. Im still up in the air about them but they are on my mind to try

Bro, those are fighting words.

But of all the new truck brands and re-models, I'm most hyped about the Royal redesign. They never were a top tier truck brand but it would be fitting that a team with the most technical ledge guys ride the most technical trucks.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #3177 on: October 29, 2021, 01:49:57 AM »
I'm about to shake shit up.  Going from a pointy 8 to the 8.5 Chris Roberts Twin Tail and going from Indys to Thunder all at the same time.  I'm sure it'll be fine, right?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #3178 on: October 29, 2021, 05:49:03 AM »
another bout with the madness.....brushing up on ledge fundamentals today with the santa cruz 8.8 shape and there was just too much foot on the board to be precise.

swapped to a quasi 8.38, and its going better than expected. square, 31.75 length, 14.25 wb, short, steep tail. more stable with 5.8s and even less wheelbite than the 8.8/5.8 pairing to my surprise. everything pop related is working aside from flip tricks, need more space for flicks. the 8.5 proto is probably what im looking for, just a wider version of the 8.38

kinda bummed the sc didnt work out, wood is great but the shape is just too long and pointy for my tastes. i feel like wider boards need to be shorter (wb or length, preferably length) to balance things out. that antihero 8.75 looks right up my alley but will probably wait go with the quasi first.

What was the WB on your 8.8 sc? I got a creature stumps 8.8 and was stoked to set it up and skate ledges and some smaller tranny but but now I’m having second thoughts

sketchyrider

« Reply #3179 on: October 29, 2021, 08:16:01 AM »
contemplating buying some 99a spitfire f4 standard conicals. i really want one setup that does it all and the main problem is wheels.

local park is so icy, 101a oj elites were slipping out. on some 101a spfs now but they don't belong in the street. i know 97a conical fulls are popular here but those big wheels are too clunky.