Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 537749 times)

sexhaver2006

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #2130 on: October 06, 2020, 02:13:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone got a read on popsicles in the 9.0-9.5 range?
[close]
Opinion or just finding a place to get one

Both I guess haha. I seen some on here but I can't handle big wheelbases. 14.25-14.38 is my jam.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #2131 on: October 07, 2020, 08:06:56 AM »
My local got a few shop boards printed on Dane1 blanks, complete with wheel wells.
I couldn't resist. I snagged the last one. This was like 6 weeks ago. I had planned on putting my 6.1s on it once I was done skating the Siamese. But I just couldn't wait any longer. I don't have any 151s in my collection. So I did something about that. And they fit the board nicely. 56 F4 classic fulls. I tried it the first day without risers. But I was still getting a ton of wheelbite. So added a 1/8 riser and now its much better. Still getting some wheelbite. But not as bad and the turning is improved. You can see my wheelbite mark is right where the wheel wells start. Would need a wider truck to really get the most out of the wells.
This is my first time riding this shape and its pretty fun. Would like a little more wheelbase and a little less tail if I designed it myself.

The new and improved fatty family:

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2132 on: October 07, 2020, 04:28:17 PM »
So good @handsclapanin  keep up on the updates, always a good read and insight. I too wish the dane1 had a touch more wb and/or length. He was riding 44 or 55s on it?

uptherecazaly

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2133 on: October 08, 2020, 10:35:27 AM »
not extemsive but...
Creature (Milton/Graham)
Santa Cruz
Baker
Girl
Toy Machine
Polar
and Heroin 8.9 - 9.25"

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2134 on: October 08, 2020, 10:41:57 AM »
not extemsive but...
Creature (Milton/Graham)
Santa Cruz
Baker
Girl
Toy Machine
Polar
and Heroin 8.9 - 9.25"

Black Label does 9.0" popsicles sometimes, but does offer 8.8" decks more often.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #2136 on: October 08, 2020, 03:13:25 PM »
not extemsive but...
Creature (Milton/Graham)
Santa Cruz
Baker
Girl
Toy Machine
Polar
and Heroin 8.9 - 9.25"

Skull Skates
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

KillDayoy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #2137 on: October 08, 2020, 03:24:35 PM »
We still posting big board skating?
Frontside flip on a 10 inch Heroin mutant shape, ace66, and Oj winkowski 61mm

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #2138 on: October 08, 2020, 04:10:42 PM »
We still posting big board skating?
Frontside flip on a 10 inch Heroin mutant shape, ace66, and Oj winkowski 61mm

Hell yeah, that’s awesome

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #2139 on: October 08, 2020, 04:23:20 PM »
not extemsive but...
Creature (Milton/Graham)
Santa Cruz
Baker
Girl
Toy Machine
Polar
and Heroin 8.9 - 9.25"

these guys have really nice shop boards in bigger sizes and graphics, even have a 10" popsicle.

http://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Decks/35th/p/35th-Goatse-Shop-Deck-x50876199.htm

Gabagoolslide

• Rep: -85
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2140 on: October 08, 2020, 05:36:44 PM »

My read is that 9”+popsicles are harder to skate than 9” shaped decks. I wouldn’t go bigger than 8.75” with a popsicle personally(I ride an 8.75” popsicle and 10.5” shaped boards) Wheelbase does matter, so try to match a wheelbase near what you like. But you can ride 169s on an 8.75” and it feels wide but still has versatility of popsicle.
Popsicle shape evolved from tiny freestyle boards and shaped old school boards shrinking becoming football shaped that were still around 9.5”. Then straight jump to 7.5 popsicle.
I think the popsicle just works better when it is smaller. When you enlarge it everything gets bigger/full shape and shaped boards have different dimensions that somehow work better. Idk I could be wrong but that’s the read. I could go on

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1056
« Reply #2141 on: October 08, 2020, 08:35:48 PM »

I’ve been wanting to get the 91’ for some time now, but I went with the Dane 1 cause I wanted a shape more old skool authentic. It reminds me of a Hensley King Size I had 30 years ago.

Trucks 169 Indy
Wheels 54 mm/92a sml wheels
2.5 mm PC Rizers Patent Pending—not really
Bearings-not Swiss
Bolts 1” Phillips

This thing is tipsy as hell. Gonna get fucked up tomorrow...

P.S. Measurement on Indy’s is 9” across the front and 8.625” across the back. No hot rodding though.

TumKayo

« Reply #2142 on: October 09, 2020, 04:02:02 PM »
I want to get my first big board. Should I stick with a familiar shape, like an AntiHero 9.0 eagle deck? or go with something shaped? I have never had something shaped.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #2143 on: October 09, 2020, 04:35:36 PM »
I want to get my first big board. Should I stick with a familiar shape, like an AntiHero 9.0 eagle deck? or go with something shaped? I have never had something shaped.

Go shaped, you will never go back.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #2144 on: October 09, 2020, 06:21:36 PM »
Im part of the club now sized up from a 8.25 with 148s to a 9.0 shop popsicle and 151 thunders. I hardly do fliptricks so it has been a very natural switch and dont see myself going back. Already learned a couple of new grinds on the quarter pipe and some stuff like front and back tails on the ledge became 100x easier Just waiting to break In my new trucks and ill be loving it.

TumKayo

« Reply #2145 on: October 09, 2020, 06:40:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lol. I can feel the shape train coming. I’m a big dude, in my late 20s, started skating in late 90s on 7.5-7.8 tongue depressors, and stuck with that until now. I hated anything outside of that. I recently got an 8.475 Baker, and it feels great though. I wanna go bigger, I want to venture outside of the tiny popsicle box.

I want to get something fairly big, but still athletic. I don’t know what I’m doing here though, I’m a bit intimidated. I did a little research and was thinking 9.0-9.25, and was preferring shaped to try something new. I watched some YouTube vids showing the athleticism of modern, shaped, big boards.

Who makes good, durable shaped boards? I’m a big fan on Generator, although just got a PS stix Toy Machine that feels great too. Anyone know of a good board in stock online, for me to start with Indy 169s?

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #2146 on: October 09, 2020, 06:55:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Lol. I can feel the shape train coming. I’m a big dude, in my late 20s, started skating in late 90s on 7.5-7.8 tongue depressors, and stuck with that until now. I hated anything outside of that. I recently got an 8.475 Baker, and it feels great though. I wanna go bigger, I want to venture outside of the tiny popsicle box.

I want to get something fairly big, but still athletic. I don’t know what I’m doing here though, I’m a bit intimidated. I did a little research and was thinking 9.0-9.25, and was preferring shaped to try something new. I watched some YouTube vids showing the athleticism of modern, shaped, big boards.

Who makes good, durable shaped boards? I’m a big fan on Generator, although just got a PS stix Toy Machine that feels great too. Anyone know of a good board in stock online, for me to start with Indy 169s?

I love Heroin and Polars shaped decks (both generator). I think footballs/egg shapes are a good intro to shaped decks as they handle like popsicles but get you used to looking down at something different than a popsicle.

I’m riding 169’s on a 10’ Heroin egg shape, which I love, but that might be a bit much if you aren’t used to it.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1056
« Reply #2147 on: October 09, 2020, 07:07:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You should just look through this thread and choose something that looks like fun—shape or no shape.

Don’t buy a pre-made. They are made for kids. They also are usually not very wide.

If you don’t want to spend the money get a Skate Warehouse blank. They are very good. Or SoCalSkate.

Also, go to classifieds here and ask if someone wants to sell a complete they no longer use. There are a lot of guys here that stop skating a deck if it doesn’t work for them.

As far as decks, I think you can’t loose with DLX bloads (antihero, krooked and real).

Have fun.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2148 on: October 10, 2020, 07:06:08 AM »
215 and 44mm board cakes .. haha

chappers

« Reply #2149 on: October 10, 2020, 09:10:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

whatever you go with make sure you take into account the wheelbase. big boards tends to mean long wheelbase for whatever reason. but then theres boards like the polar dane1 shape that has a 14.125 wheelbase yet is dummy wide at 9.75 so i hear its very flippable

ive got my eye on the dane2 shape right now cause that thing looks fun as fuck. 9.25 at the widest but
tapers to 8.75 over the back truck with a square tail. pair that with some ace 55’s and my oj mini juices and im cruising like a mad cunt

TumKayo

« Reply #2150 on: October 10, 2020, 09:56:05 AM »
What do you guys think of the Primitive 9.125 Franky Villani Sock Monster, the Heroin 10” Egg, and a 9.25 Baker Creation shaped deck?

Looking at some Polar boards too.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2151 on: October 10, 2020, 10:46:48 AM »
What do you guys think of the Primitive 9.125 Franky Villani Sock Monster, the Heroin 10” Egg, and a 9.25 Baker Creation shaped deck?

I like it. A lot depends on how you plan on skating it and where or how you plan on setting it up too.

Baker 32” with a 14” wb
Primitive is a football/egg shape so it’ll skate a bit smaller..but it has a longer wb.  32.25” with a 14.4” wb?

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #2152 on: October 10, 2020, 12:22:13 PM »

Love the villani and Heroin 10’ egg. The villanis seem a little more mellow concave/kicks than the heroin egg shaped in general.

LK1503

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2153 on: October 10, 2020, 12:54:23 PM »
My local got a few shop boards printed on Dane1 blanks, complete with wheel wells.
I couldn't resist. I snagged the last one. This was like 6 weeks ago. I had planned on putting my 6.1s on it once I was done skating the Siamese. But I just couldn't wait any longer. I don't have any 151s in my collection. So I did something about that. And they fit the board nicely. 56 F4 classic fulls. I tried it the first day without risers. But I was still getting a ton of wheelbite. So added a 1/8 riser and now its much better. Still getting some wheelbite. But not as bad and the turning is improved. You can see my wheelbite mark is right where the wheel wells start. Would need a wider truck to really get the most out of the wells.
This is my first time riding this shape and its pretty fun. Would like a little more wheelbase and a little less tail if I designed it myself.

The new and improved fatty family:

Just gotta ask, which fatty is your favourite?
And thanks for sharing man!

Gabagoolslide

• Rep: -85
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2154 on: October 10, 2020, 02:35:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

whatever you go with make sure you take into account the wheelbase. big boards tends to mean long wheelbase for whatever reason. but then theres boards like the polar dane1 shape that has a 14.125 wheelbase yet is dummy wide at 9.75 so i hear its very flippable

ive got my eye on the dane2 shape right now cause that thing looks fun as fuck. 9.25 at the widest but
tapers to 8.75 over the back truck with a square tail. pair that with some ace 55’s and my oj mini juices and im cruising like a mad cunt

I only fuck with big boards that cruise like a mad cunt

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2155 on: October 10, 2020, 03:28:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I like it. A lot depends on how you plan on skating it and where or how you plan on setting it up too.

Baker 32” with a 14” wb
Primitive is a football/egg shape so it’ll skate a bit smaller..but it has a longer wb.  32.25” with a 14.4” wb?
primitive egg is 14.25 wb
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2156 on: October 10, 2020, 05:09:19 PM »

My favorite shape, as I've said more times than anyone wants to hear. The pic of the bottom makes the 55s look like they hotrod but they don't. Been loving the Loopholes but I just can't quit the F4s and how good they feel at every single spot. Also, it always feels kind of blasphemous to me to have big conical wheels on a football, but I know that is just more neurotic BS.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #2157 on: October 10, 2020, 05:20:42 PM »

My favorite shape, as I've said more times than anyone wants to hear. The pic of the bottom makes the 55s look like they hotrod but they don't. Been loving the Loopholes but I just can't quit the F4s and how good they feel at every single spot. Also, it always feels kind of blasphemous to me to have big conical wheels on a football, but I know that is just more neurotic BS.
Holyfuck..the holygrail. Beautiful setup man

TumKayo

« Reply #2158 on: October 10, 2020, 07:59:51 PM »
For big boards, do you go with riser pads and bigger wheels?

I normally ride 51-53mm wheels.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2159 on: October 10, 2020, 08:13:13 PM »
For big boards, do you go with riser pads and bigger wheels?

I normally ride 51-53mm wheels.

You don't have to. I usually run smaller wheels and do so on my big boys, same range as you. I was skating a set of 56s recently but didn't use risers. A wide board with smaller wheels feels so stable and nice.