Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 533759 times)

doomhand

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #3030 on: February 27, 2021, 05:55:35 PM »
This one?

Yes they will fit just nicely, same as the Grosso too - they fit really well.

Yup. That’s the one.

doomhand

« Reply #3031 on: February 27, 2021, 05:56:22 PM »

From the first round.

Expand Quote
Before and After, such a good board.

BA AH 9.25
Indy's 169's with red 88a bushings 
OJ's 55mm mini hot juices
Swiss

[close]

Cool. Thanks!

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #3032 on: March 01, 2021, 03:56:35 AM »
Didn’t think I would like this as much as I do so I’ll post in here too. Skated it almost everyday since I set it up. The axles are fucked up on the trucks so I have a set of ace 66 on the way I’m going to swap out this week
Natas sequence 10.5 x 30.125
Indy 215 from the 90s
60 mm Oj combos
A mixture of reds and Swiss bearing
Jessup grip

https://imgur.com/gallery/sfb8ODl
Got a kickflip over the weekend on it. Swipe to second clip
https://www.instagram.com/p/CL1plxbJnsm/?igshid=1xkx14henezhx

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #3033 on: March 01, 2021, 04:08:22 AM »
Ordered a Girl Bannerot 9" Loveseat yesterday, I think I'm going to be pretty stoked on it.

I've gone with 8.75" axle trucks, anyone else running one and care to comment on truck sizes for them?

Fhk

« Reply #3034 on: March 01, 2021, 04:30:32 AM »
Ordered a Girl Bannerot 9" Loveseat yesterday, I think I'm going to be pretty stoked on it.

I've gone with 8.75" axle trucks, anyone else running one and care to comment on truck sizes for them?
You made the right decision with the 8.75s. Great setup for everything.

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #3035 on: March 01, 2021, 04:30:41 AM »
Didn’t think I would like this as much as I do so I’ll post in here too. Skated it almost everyday since I set it up. The axles are fucked up on the trucks so I have a set of ace 66 on the way I’m going to swap out this week
Indy 215 from the 90s
60 mm Oj combos
Jessup grip

Sick clip!!!

I ran it with thunder 149’s...i didnt like it with indy 159’s at all. Felt too wide for the board i think...and I think thunder helped with pop for sure.

fls.dcht

« Reply #3036 on: March 01, 2021, 04:44:25 AM »
Can anyone suggest a 9" deck with a 15" or 15.5" wheelbase that has steep-ish concave, average kicks, bonus if it's from a known-good woodshop?

Been a while since I've had a board, and a lot of the deck descriptions I'm running into don't mention geometry, or sometimes even wheelbase(!).

I handled a Polar 1992 shape last year in a shop and it seemed really nice, but the wheelbase was like fourteen and a quarter.

kimura

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 15
« Reply #3037 on: March 01, 2021, 05:08:41 AM »
Id suggest one of the 35th Ave shop decks. I've had a few and they are great.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3038 on: March 01, 2021, 05:44:03 AM »
you have the 9" only? How are the popsicle shapes? Full nose/tapered tail? Do they measure length tape down or end to end?

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #3039 on: March 01, 2021, 05:47:59 AM »
Indy 215 from the 90s
60 mm Oj combos
Jessup grip

Love it, not enough 80s boards / reissues in this thread.  How do the 215s fit on it?  Have always wanted a Natas to ride, might do it after this Old Yeller dies.

kimura

« Reply #3040 on: March 01, 2021, 05:50:36 AM »
@jay_nev I've had the 9", 8.75", and 8.5" pops. They measure tape down I believe. I swear these boards are identical to the AH Eagle boards. I set them on top of each other and the shape, concave, tail, nose, and mounting holes aligned perfectly. The 8.75 is my personal favorite, but that's for another thread.  ;)

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #3041 on: March 01, 2021, 06:14:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You made the right decision with the 8.75s. Great setup for everything.

Nice, I went with Mini Logos as they're one of the few trucks still cheap at the moment, and I've heard good things about them actually being a really decent truck.

skatesum609

« Reply #3042 on: March 01, 2021, 06:22:17 AM »
Code: [Select]
no[code] no[/code]
Expand Quote
Indy 215 from the 90s
60 mm Oj combos
Jessup grip

[close]

Love it, not enough 80s boards / reissues in this thread.  How do the 215s fit on it?  Have always wanted a Natas to ride, might do it after this Old Yeller dies.
I actually really like em but the one axle is slipping. The front truck is pretty much flush but the rear sticks out a little. Feels super stable so I hope the truck swap doesn’t change that. This is by far the funnest shaped setup I’ve ever had.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3043 on: March 01, 2021, 06:32:27 AM »
@jay_nev I've had the 9", 8.75", and 8.5" pops. They measure tape down I believe. I swear these boards are identical to the AH Eagle boards. I set them on top of each other and the shape, concave, tail, nose, and mounting holes aligned perfectly. The 8.75 is my personal favorite, but that's for another thread.  ;)
8.75” is the one I was looking at actually.
Shape is similar?
https://res.cloudinary.com/dm1ikhi6x/image/upload/ar_1,c_crop/w_788,c_limit/q_auto:low,f_auto/products/ii9jdaawtlludgloqrl2

kimura

« Reply #3044 on: March 01, 2021, 06:41:58 AM »
Shape is exact to my eyes and with the boards on top of each other. I have a 9" Eagle that I was comparing it to.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #3045 on: March 01, 2021, 06:57:49 AM »
Waiting for one of my boards to die so I can set up my &&, probably with 159s.

Here’s the man himself showing how to flip a 9 inches with hardly any set-up

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CLuon42hFwK/?igshid=1usbcrmwa8yok
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

fls.dcht

« Reply #3046 on: March 01, 2021, 08:35:10 AM »

Forgot to add, looking for a shaped deck.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #3047 on: March 01, 2021, 09:17:59 AM »

Finally took this thing out for a (non-hydrant) spin. It's so big and small at the same time. It was speedy and stable at the pump track and it climbed up curbs without even trying. Hoping to get a better curb session with this later this week.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3048 on: March 01, 2021, 09:44:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What's your ideal wheelbase? Do you still want a lot of nose with that? Most of the people in this thread are pretty well versed on what's out there so maybe drop some dims and we can help you.

If you wanna live the shape life, you'll probably have to figure out what you want and then start experimenting with other similar stuff. The sites that consistently list accurate dimensions are Uprise, 35th Ave and unfortunately Tactics. Like you noticed, other sites sometimes list dims but aren't consistent. If you're using a search engine, you can often find the wheelbase listed somewhere if you look for the model name of the deck and then include wb at the end.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

skatesum609

« Reply #3049 on: March 01, 2021, 09:44:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Finally took this thing out for a (non-hydrant) spin. It's so big and small at the same time. It was speedy and stable at the pump track and it climbed up curbs without even trying. Hoping to get a better curb session with this later this week.
Hell yea! What size trucks are you running?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3050 on: March 01, 2021, 09:52:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
What's your ideal wheelbase? Do you still want a lot of nose with that? Most of the people in this thread are pretty well versed on what's out there so maybe drop some dims and we can help you. Sorry went back and saw that you said 9" with a 15 to 15.5" wheelbase.

If you wanna live the shape life, you'll probably have to figure out what you want and then start experimenting with other similar stuff. The sites that consistently list accurate dimensions are Uprise, 35th Ave and unfortunately Tactics. Like you noticed, other sites sometimes list dims but aren't consistent. If you're using a search engine, you can often find the wheelbase listed somewhere if you look for the model name of the deck and then include wb at the end.

EDIT: When the supply chain stabilizes a little bit more, Santa Cruz might put out more of their Preissue decks. They're modern skaters names on old school shapes. They might have the kind of wheelbases you're looking for. For all I know, shops may still have some in stock. Or maybe one of the SC Winkowskis might work for you. Welcome also has some of the longer wbs out there and helped to kick of this whole shaped revival so that might work for you too.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #3051 on: March 01, 2021, 10:10:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

169s. I know some would argue 215s would be better, but the 169s feel stable, turn great, and don’t feel like they’re sticking out too much.

Mink

« Reply #3052 on: March 01, 2021, 10:16:24 AM »
Can anyone suggest a 9" deck with a 15" or 15.5" wheelbase that has steep-ish concave, average kicks, bonus if it's from a known-good woodshop?

Been a while since I've had a board, and a lot of the deck descriptions I'm running into don't mention geometry, or sometimes even wheelbase(!).

I handled a Polar 1992 shape last year in a shop and it seemed really nice, but the wheelbase was like fourteen and a quarter.

The Plan B Hensley Firebird king size tapers to under 9" over the rear trucks, with a 15" WB. PS wood.

skatesum609

« Reply #3053 on: March 01, 2021, 10:37:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

169s. I know some would argue 215s would be better, but the 169s feel stable, turn great, and don’t feel like they’re sticking out too much.
Na they look perfect. I’m looking forward to swapping the 215s out for ace 66s

kimura

« Reply #3054 on: March 01, 2021, 10:42:38 AM »
Yea that looks good. Im pretty sure Natas never rode 215's back in the day.

chat noir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #3055 on: March 01, 2021, 10:45:32 AM »
Thinking of picking up this. Sick shape. Tail is small!

https://hardbodyskateboards.com/shop/ols/products/hardbody-beast-board-9

fls.dcht

« Reply #3056 on: March 01, 2021, 10:49:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The Plan B Hensley Firebird king size tapers to under 9" over the rear trucks, with a 15" WB. PS wood.

Yeah, that looks pretty good. Can't tell if the concave is more mellow or aggressive though. Also, $80's a bit steep..

Mink

« Reply #3057 on: March 01, 2021, 11:01:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah, that looks pretty good. Can't tell if the concave is more mellow or aggressive though. Also, $80's a bit steep..

It has a pretty aggressive concave, far more than a Winkowski preissue (which is flat as fuck in comparison).

Prices vary a lot from shop to shop. I copped mine for the price of any standard deck (90 CAD, so about 70 USD), but I have seen other shops charging a premium.

animalflesh

« Reply #3058 on: March 01, 2021, 11:13:59 AM »
That’s gonna be the new norm dude

Sucks to say but I think this whole supply and demand price increase is going to be permanent

I expect decks to be $65 and up from now on, with shaped and reissue being more

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3059 on: March 01, 2021, 11:49:35 AM »
That’s gonna be the new norm dude

Sucks to say but I think this whole supply and demand price increase is going to be permanent

I expect decks to be $65 and up from now on, with shaped and reissue being more
If anything, $80 is still too low but it's a round number so I bet it will stick. We were paying $75 when decks were $50