Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 534147 times)

Fhk

Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #3600 on: July 18, 2021, 11:19:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone tried the Girl loveseat shapes in 9 or 9.25 with Aces? I'm thinking on putting my AF1 66 on one of those, but would the the axles stick out too much on the 9" deck?
[close]
66's will stick out way too far on the loveseat imo. I tried 55's on it and I knew it wouldn't work without even skating it. Ventures and Indy both work great if that helps.
[close]

Thanks, but how about Aces on the 9.25.I believe, it is called the couch shape.
[close]
I'm not sure bud I have never skated the Couch shape. I forgot to mention both 8.5 and 8.75 trucks work great on the loveseat.
[close]

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I'm going with the 9.25" couch shape and 9"  Ace trucks.
No problem bud..make sure you report back

GBLange

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #3601 on: July 18, 2021, 10:10:12 PM »

I decided to treat myself, i've never really had a dedicated cruiser before. I just wanted something big and cruisey that i could still ollie curbs and manhole covers on my way to and from the corner store.

AH 9"
original ACE 66
Jessup
Reds Big Balls
54mm OJ Keyframe's
Shorty's 1 inch
Bones Hardcore Medium w/ the top Ace Pivot cups

Oh and this is my second pair of Lakai Cambridge sneakers with SuperFeet insoles, good stuff

awesome setup..

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3602 on: July 19, 2021, 04:44:06 AM »

Scram Bomber 10 * 31.75

Ace 66s old version
September Wheels
Reds
Welcome Candy Bar

So I just got done with my first lunch session on the bomber and I have to say it's a very good board.
Similar to the BlackLabel Board (Lance Mountain guest board) I skated before this.

I even managed to do all the tricks pretty quickly that I was afraid of losing because of the short nose.

animalflesh

« Reply #3603 on: July 19, 2021, 07:28:43 AM »
Love the look of that board/ graphic

Fhk

« Reply #3604 on: July 22, 2021, 06:30:55 AM »

Big boy fun before work.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 596
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #3605 on: July 22, 2021, 11:47:45 AM »

Big boy fun before work.

That indeed looks like fun. I like the wheels.
IG: @flowterspace

Fhk

« Reply #3606 on: July 22, 2021, 11:53:58 AM »
Expand Quote

Big boy fun before work.
[close]

Thanks man! They are Bones I stole off my wife's cruiser (that she doesn't use) they don't slide for shit. My only other option is some 44 boardycakes or some 55 spits.. idk if I like either of those options.

Bensquirts

• Rep: 75
« Reply #3607 on: July 22, 2021, 12:53:14 PM »
Just purchased the Antihero Beach Bum board as a birthday present to myself... Anyone on here ridden this one?  Really stoked on the shorter wheel base. 

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 596
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #3608 on: July 22, 2021, 01:04:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Big boy fun before work.
[close]

[close]
Thanks man! They are Bones I stole off my wife's cruiser (that she doesn't use) they don't slide for shit. My only other option is some 44 boardycakes or some 55 spits.. idk if I like either of those options.

I think it depends on the stuff you skate. I have a curb/lazy day setup with 48mm F4 classics. But I never figured out if smaller or bigger wheels are better for curbs?
Alhough the smaller ones are more fun (for me).
IG: @flowterspace

Fhk

« Reply #3609 on: July 22, 2021, 01:28:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Big boy fun before work.
[close]

[close]
[close]

I think it depends on the stuff you skate. I have a curb/lazy day setup with 48mm F4 classics. But I never figured out if smaller or bigger wheels are better for curbs?
I wouldn't know because the closest curb for me is an about an hour away  :-\ I would love to try the 44s as I progress with slappys..because the slappy world is pretty new to me.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #3610 on: July 22, 2021, 03:23:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Big boy fun before work.
[close]

[close]
[close]

Damn, you basically justified a third board for me by saying that. I had this setup in mind that I wouldn’t really need (Heroin 10" egg, Ace 77, 50mm F4) but now I know it’s going to be my lazy day setup.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #3611 on: July 22, 2021, 06:51:34 PM »

Scram Bomber 10 * 31.75

Ace 66s old version
September Wheels
Reds
Welcome Candy Bar

So I just got done with my first lunch session on the bomber and I have to say it's a very good board.
Similar to the BlackLabel Board (Lance Mountain guest board) I skated before this.

I even managed to do all the tricks pretty quickly that I was afraid of losing because of the short nose.

Love this one.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3612 on: July 22, 2021, 11:26:38 PM »
^ That shape looks rad.  Nice long nose and tail.

Stoked to finally get my hands on a Very Big Egg.  Even more rad that it's a guest board for Ira.

Heroin 10"
Indy 215s with bones hard bushings and forged hollow baseplates
52mm F4 Classics
Mob
Diamond hardware

amazing setup..hope i can get one or two of this board. ordered 2 of the 9.0 symmetrical egg and it should be arriving today.

pops

• Rep: 220
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3613 on: July 23, 2021, 10:00:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone tried the Girl loveseat shapes in 9 or 9.25 with Aces? I'm thinking on putting my AF1 66 on one of those, but would the the axles stick out too much on the 9" deck?
[close]
66's will stick out way too far on the loveseat imo. I tried 55's on it and I knew it wouldn't work without even skating it. Ventures and Indy both work great if that helps.
[close]

Thanks, but how about Aces on the 9.25.I believe, it is called the couch shape.
[close]
I'm not sure bud I have never skated the Couch shape. I forgot to mention both 8.5 and 8.75 trucks work great on the loveseat.
[close]

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I'm going with the 9.25" couch shape and 9"  Ace trucks.
[close]
No problem bud..make sure you report back

Got my couch shape board today and had a little sesh with it. Was too tired to skate more than 15mins today but first impression was very quick turns and squirrely ride. I had to be super careful lifting my nose since it comes up very quickly with Aces. Still, I got used to controlling my board  quickly since I'm already used to shorter setups. I also skated a 14.5wb board (also with Aces) this week and it felt amazing on the 6 foot miniramp I usually skate.Now I can't decide which setup I like more, but I think I will stick with the longer board for now. Btw, the 9.25" couch shape and Af1 66s (9") fit perfectly width wise.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3614 on: July 24, 2021, 03:08:41 AM »

Stoked to finally get my hands on a Very Big Egg.  Even more rad that it's a guest board for Ira.

Heroin 10"
52mm F4 Classics
Mob
Diamond hardware

Can anyone chime in on what the supply situation of these is? Didn’t fully understand the info in yesterday’s Heroin live feed on Insta. Are these sold out with minimal online appearance, or were the ones out there early bird sales with the majority of decks hitting stores after the catalogue drops on Monday? I desperately want to try this shape and missed out on the original Bigger Egg.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #3615 on: July 24, 2021, 03:47:47 AM »
Expand Quote

Heroin 10"
52mm F4 Classics
Mob
Diamond hardware

[close]

Can anyone chime in on what the supply situation of these is? Didn’t fully understand the info in yesterday’s Heroin live feed on Insta. Are these sold out with minimal online appearance, or were the ones out there early bird sales with the majority of decks hitting stores after the catalogue drops on Monday? I desperately want to try this shape and missed out on the original Bigger Egg.

There were shipping delays getting the decks to most of the shops, the ones you're seeing out in the wild came from shops that got their orders on time. When the catalog drops, the direct to consumer sales start, so they're holding it back to allow the shops that had their orders delayed a chance to get the boards and sell them, before the distributor starts competing with them.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3616 on: July 24, 2021, 04:40:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Heroin 10"
52mm F4 Classics
Mob
Diamond hardware

[close]

[close]

There were shipping delays getting the decks to most of the shops, the ones you're seeing out in the wild came from shops that got their orders on time. When the catalog drops, the direct to consumer sales start, so they're holding it back to allow the shops that had their orders delayed a chance to get the boards and sell them, before the distributor starts competing with them.

Thanks, excellent. :)

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #3617 on: July 24, 2021, 07:48:57 AM »
I strayed from the big boards but I’m back

Blast egg 9.5 x 32.4 14.5 wb
Thunder 161 w/ dlxsf super Cush 94a
Krux kingpins
Spitfire f4 55 classics 99a
Bones super swiss 6
Bender 1” Allen
Consolidated risers!
Jessup scraps cause I feel guilty using a fresh sheet
Lil jawn rails

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #3618 on: July 24, 2021, 07:50:40 AM »

Fhk

« Reply #3619 on: July 24, 2021, 08:10:35 AM »
^ Hell yeah

GBLange

• SLAP Pal

JK42

• Rep: 20
« Reply #3621 on: July 28, 2021, 08:39:25 AM »
And me putting it to use on my first day
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRsa0iOFWgM/?utm_medium=copy_link
What do you think of the 161s. I am upping to a 9inch deck. It will be them or the Indy 169s hollow forged.

Fhk

« Reply #3622 on: July 28, 2021, 09:24:03 AM »
Expand Quote
And me putting it to use on my first day
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRsa0iOFWgM/?utm_medium=copy_link
[close]
What do you think of the 161s. I am upping to a 9inch deck. It will be them or the Indy 169s hollow forged.
I can chime in before 144p gets on here.. I have 161 hollows on a 9" Polar pop and 9.5 shaped decks and they are amazing. I believe They are my first set of Thunders in 30 something years of skating so I didn't know what to expect. I did have to swap the bushings out for 94's because I'm about 210 lbs. Great pop and they make flipping big setups a lot easier for my old tired legs.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3623 on: July 28, 2021, 02:43:04 PM »
yeah rode 161's today and can't get down with the swirliness of the stock bushings. even had an ace top in. need harder thunder replacement bushings for sure. I also just don't really like the type of turn they offer either though

Fhk

« Reply #3624 on: July 28, 2021, 07:29:41 PM »
yeah rode 161's today and can't get down with the swirliness of the stock bushings. even had an ace top in. need harder thunder replacement bushings for sure. I also just don't really like the type of turn they offer either though
Jay do you run risers with them? I disliked how these "dive" into a turn(wheel bite) with no risers and with stock bushings. But when I added 1/8" risers with harder bushings it was game on.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3625 on: July 28, 2021, 08:30:14 PM »

You skated 151s @jay_nev ? If so how do the 161s compare?

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3626 on: July 30, 2021, 05:30:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Jay do you run risers with them? I disliked how these "dive" into a turn(wheel bite) with no risers and with stock bushings. But when I added 1/8" risers with harder bushings it was game on.
yes risers. Haven’t been able to find harder Thunder replacement bushings. Kinda gave up.
@Frank and Fred a year or so go I don’t really remember it being too different just wider

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #3627 on: July 30, 2021, 10:18:02 AM »
Cross posting this from the set up thread for more clout

Dead Dave Mutant Egg
Ace AF1 66s
OJ Hardline 58mm
redz
mob

This board is super fun. Obviously nothing more tech than kick flips is happening, but it's got the feeling you want from an egg board and the money bumps and green dip look sick

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #3628 on: July 30, 2021, 01:40:00 PM »
Seeing a lot of gold in here lately and I’m feeling very inadequate but here’s my crosspost from the set up thread.

Just set up this bulldozer dildozer at my in-laws.

Anti Hero Gerwer/Hewitt conjoined twins 9” x 32.5” x 14.75” wb

Ace 55’s classics
Bones Big Balls
Spitfire F4 52mm tablets
Mob
Allen 7/8” bolts

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Fhk

« Reply #3629 on: July 30, 2021, 01:58:29 PM »
Seeing a lot of gold in here lately and I’m feeling very inadequate but here’s my crosspost from the set up thread.

Expand Quote
Just set up this bulldozer dildozer at my in-laws.

Anti Hero Gerwer/Hewitt conjoined twins 9” x 32.5” x 14.75” wb

Ace 55’s classics
Bones Big Balls
Spitfire F4 52mm tablets
Mob
Allen 7/8” bolts

[close]
I like your Northbeast corner 💪