Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 363137 times)

Dwyck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
  • i heard gilbert can't read
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #4680 on: May 10, 2022, 07:16:14 PM »

Got this jesse from the last frog drop going. I think it's 10-9.8 at the widest and 14.6 wheelbase? Big old tail and enough nose to slappy crook. Skated a bank at a park today and just sitting back on the tail and snapping up a front 180 was like nothing I felt before.

Ace 55s, stock but a little tight (I'm a big boy they still turn amazing)
Spit 99A Conical Fulls, Breana pro model, inside out because it's a habit
Real 3ply risers, universal

and gulp purple Frog grip. I did the 917 $80/two boards deal last year and they sent me two sheets of Shake Junt and this grip is the same. Skates like Jessup but goes on really fucked up. It's white underneath.

I kinda like that Frog does different shapes every drop. Fishtails are really around nowadays, huh
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 845
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4681 on: May 11, 2022, 07:24:58 AM »

AH Huffer
Indy 159 hollows (cast baseplate, aftermarket indy conical bushings)
SF F4 54mm conical full 99a
old Swiss

AWS 9" (from 2011-2012)
Indy 159 standard (w/aftermarket indy conical bushings)
SF F4 58mm radial full (new)
old Swiss

Polar Dane 9"
Indy 159
old Swiss
hardly art, hardly starving

Ok

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
« Reply #4682 on: May 11, 2022, 07:30:12 AM »

AH Huffer
Indy 159 hollows (cast baseplate, aftermarket indy conical bushings)
old Swiss

AWS 9" (from 2011-2012)
old Swiss

Polar Dane 9"
Indy 159
old Swiss

159d are sick

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • Zmorgf Skateboards avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4683 on: May 12, 2022, 07:39:02 PM »

Powell Peralta Steve Saiz Reissue 10" x 30.81" with 15" wheelbase
Independent 159 Standards with 90a stock bottom bushings and 92a aftermarket top bushings
NFG MFG Vee Shape 54mm 103a
Bones Super Reds Ceramics
MOB
Mixed 1" hardware
Rib Bones

I messed up on the griptape because I didn't account for the deck taper when doing the stripe which didn't have enough room for me to make a stripe, and I should've done the gap a bit further back. Might redo it eventually, but it works and I might do some griptape art to make up for it.

Had my best session in a while on this, so I might've found something to stick with :v

iw0

• Rep: 91
« Reply #4684 on: May 12, 2022, 09:04:18 PM »

Powell Peralta Steve Saiz Reissue 10" x 30.81" with 15" wheelbase
Independent 159 Standards with 90a stock bottom bushings and 92a aftermarket top bushings
NFG MFG Vee Shape 54mm 103a
Bones Super Reds Ceramics
MOB
Mixed 1" hardware
Rib Bones

I messed up on the griptape because I didn't account for the deck taper when doing the stripe which didn't have enough room for me to make a stripe, and I should've done the gap a bit further back. Might redo it eventually, but it works and I might do some griptape art to make up for it.

Had my best session in a while on this, so I might've found something to stick with :v

i almost insta-replied without reading your actual text to say how much i like the stripe on the upper only haha, something about it really works with that color

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • <3
« Reply #4685 on: May 12, 2022, 09:13:08 PM »
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Frog_Michel_The_Distraction_Deck/descpage-FGMTDDK.html

Anyone try this Nick Michel football shape? Ive been able to try out a Huffer and I feel like this would be so fun since its at a normal length and WB. However, I feel like it'd be small in comparison and the Huffer already feels similar to the 8.75 i was riding before. Just curious about the proportions of the Frog football.

I love nerding out my bad guys haha
The chillest1

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #4686 on: May 12, 2022, 09:46:02 PM »
I bought a Steve Saiz when he turned pro and it had just come out, mine was sparkly blue. I remember cracking it pretty quickly but riding it for a while after, good memories.
I too like the stripe, grip calculations are always tough.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 333
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4687 on: May 12, 2022, 09:48:50 PM »
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Frog_Michel_The_Distraction_Deck/descpage-FGMTDDK.html

Anyone try this Nick Michel football shape? Ive been able to try out a Huffer and I feel like this would be so fun since its at a normal length and WB. However, I feel like it'd be small in comparison and the Huffer already feels similar to the 8.75 i was riding before. Just curious about the proportions of the Frog football.

The funny thing with the Huffer is the tail is a good sized / normal tail when compared to most egg shaped boards, which more often than not have such tiny short tails.

In looking at that board, I think it would be fun for those who are not worried about tail size, or like the short and sharp tails, so in that regard, the dimensions look pretty good, 9.1 x 32 with 14.5 wb.

The 8.6 popsicle seems like it has a good shape and dimensions for a mid sized board, but obviously not for this thread.

That other big board also looks pretty good, 9.8 x 32 with 14.75 or so double drilled, that someone else posted earlier, if I recall without looking back over the history of this thread.

I guess it might be a bit big for what you wanted though.

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Frog_Bubbly_Pat_G_Deck/descpage-FGBPGDK.html

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #4688 on: May 13, 2022, 12:15:41 AM »
Love my dude @Mbrimson88!! Thank you. I think I might give it a shot. Looking at getting different trucks for the Huffer and getting a heroin egg or frog egg. Kinda diggin the Huffer tho
The chillest1

kevs.clips

• Rep: 22
« Reply #4689 on: May 13, 2022, 04:50:39 PM »
Officially joined the Beemer club. My first pair of 215s too. stoked!!

Beemer (obviously)
Indy 215s (old Grind King kingpins, bones medium bottom, soft top)
58mm 84b Bones SPF
RockinRon bearings
1/8th riser

Plan9Customs

• Rep: 101
« Reply #4690 on: May 13, 2022, 06:28:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The funny thing with the Huffer is the tail is a good sized / normal tail when compared to most egg shaped boards, which more often than not have such tiny short tails.

In looking at that board, I think it would be fun for those who are not worried about tail size, or like the short and sharp tails, so in that regard, the dimensions look pretty good, 9.1 x 32 with 14.5 wb.

The 8.6 popsicle seems like it has a good shape and dimensions for a mid sized board, but obviously not for this thread.

That other big board also looks pretty good, 9.8 x 32 with 14.75 or so double drilled, that someone else posted earlier, if I recall without looking back over the history of this thread.

I guess it might be a bit big for what you wanted though.

Whyíd you have to post that Bubbly deck? Now Iím starting to think I need that and that Label Curb nerd deck. 🥴

Ol Nick

• Rep: 47
« Reply #4691 on: May 13, 2022, 06:56:58 PM »

Beemer (obviously)
58mm 84b Bones SPF
RockinRon bearings
1/8th riser
So sick. What kinda skating are you doing with it?

Sonny Paluso

• Rep: 97
« Reply #4692 on: May 13, 2022, 08:06:40 PM »

AWS 9" (from 2011-2012)
old Swiss

I see this and think Nick Bosario, that first 360 flip and 5050 on the rail. Same board, yeah? They should reproduce this one. I had the Warhol square tail in 8.75. loved it.

https://youtu.be/UO6l2CyLy9M

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #4693 on: May 13, 2022, 08:54:56 PM »
That Beemer set up is Sick! Trucks that wide trip me out tho!

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Heroin_Zane_Timpson_Very_Nice_Board_Deck/descpage-HRZTVDK.html

Anyone know anything about this thang? The dims read pretty dreamy to me! The board isn't listed on BakerBoys Distro site, so wondering how true the SW listing is. They are somewhat notorious for being inaccurate (for some, not all boards. Most of the time time the inaccuracy isnt too great for me to be too pissed but the perfectionist in me cringes).
The chillest1

kevs.clips

• Rep: 22
« Reply #4694 on: May 13, 2022, 11:42:10 PM »
Expand Quote

Beemer (obviously)
58mm 84b Bones SPF
RockinRon bearings
1/8th riser
[close]

Mostly transition but might take it to the curbs too!

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
« Reply #4695 on: May 14, 2022, 06:08:09 AM »
Expand Quote

Beemer (obviously)
58mm 84b Bones SPF
RockinRon bearings
1/8th riser
[close]

Very envious

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4696 on: May 14, 2022, 07:46:58 AM »

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Heroin_Zane_Timpson_Very_Nice_Board_Deck/descpage-HRZTVDK.html

Anyone know anything about this thang? The dims read pretty dreamy to me! The board isn't listed on BakerBoys Distro site, so wondering how true the SW listing is. They are somewhat notorious for being inaccurate (for some, not all boards. Most of the time time the inaccuracy isnt too great for me to be too pissed but the perfectionist in me cringes).

It has a longer nose 7 3/8 and a little shorter tail 6 3/4. The 32 always throws me off because measured flat itís closer to 32.5.
My store also has it
https://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Decks/Heroin/p/Heroin-Zane-Timpson-A-very-Nice-Deck-9-x-32-x61478185.htm

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4697 on: May 14, 2022, 06:37:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Whyíd you have to post that Bubbly deck? Now Iím starting to think I need that and that Label Curb nerd deck. 🥴

Some just look like they would be a really good ride, so I was surprised to see that one.

Sorry for making your life more fun?!?   :)

Expand Quote

[close]

It has a longer nose 7 3/8 and a little shorter tail 6 3/4. The 32 always throws me off because measured flat itís closer to 32.5.
My store also has it
https://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Decks/Heroin/p/Heroin-Zane-Timpson-A-very-Nice-Deck-9-x-32-x61478185.htm

It is interesting with those dimensions, some places have it at 14.25 wb and others at 14.5 which I think would be better, but that is just me.

Seems like a lot of the "32" boards are often longer than that, but with about those same nose and tail dimensions with a 14.5 wb it comes out at more than 32, which is good.

morkov

• Rep: 1
« Reply #4698 on: May 15, 2022, 10:47:52 PM »
I have ordered a zip zogger and Wonder what size of independent trucks would fit. Sorry if this have been talked about before, I have tried to search but couldnt find an answer.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4699 on: May 16, 2022, 02:40:02 AM »
I have ordered a zip zogger and Wonder what size of independent trucks would fit. Sorry if this have been talked about before, I have tried to search but couldnt find an answer.

There is one here on Indy 169s and big cruiser wheels for you to see:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=38836.msg3737188#msg3737188

Then one here in 169s and small wheels:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=97297.msg3312254;topicseen#msg3312254

I think though that board is maybe more suited to the Indy 215s but I am just not a fan of 215s on anything as they just feel too big for me, but I am sure others might say they have worked well.

I know you said just Indy, but there are also Ace classic 66 or Ace AF1 77s, and I do recall Thunder just brought out a 181 specifically to fit that board, from the Stock Report video and under that a pic in the Thunder thread here:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=118215.msg3778647#msg3778647

morkov

• Rep: 1
« Reply #4700 on: May 16, 2022, 04:45:46 AM »
Thank you: Mbrimson88

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #4701 on: May 16, 2022, 05:35:07 AM »
Wondering is I should pull the trigger on this, even though Iím not sure how much Iíd actually skate it

Maybe for the next time I decide to drop in on the local 12-foot
Iím trying to be every momís favorite skaterí-&&

&& is no stranger to the female species. Hes always got some travel pussy with him in his slambulance. -Hateboard

disclosed

« Reply #4702 on: May 16, 2022, 06:30:35 AM »
Wondering is I should pull the trigger on this, even though Iím not sure how much Iíd actually skate it

i like the shape on that one. but think its one of their worst graphics. i actually think their graphics gotte worse overall lately. didnt know that was possible.
personally i'd go for a tripples or macmillen, seen all the shops over there getting those lately. unless this one is cheaper since its older. then i'd get this cause i know how fucked gear prices can get there.

you mind me asking what do they actually cost over there? i've been at underdog distribution and they definitly sold me on Scram as a brand, but cant get them in mainland Europe. actually considering getting one over in japan if they open up again.

Junpei scored a on sale deadstock Whopper back then. and i regret not getting it before him.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4703 on: May 16, 2022, 06:41:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Wondering is I should pull the trigger on this, even though I’m not sure how much I’d actually skate it

[close]

i like the shape on that one. but think its one of their worst graphics. i actually think their graphics gotte worse overall lately. didnt know that was possible.
personally i'd go for a tripples or macmillen, seen all the shops over there getting those lately. unless this one is cheaper since its older. then i'd get this cause i know how fucked gear prices can get there.

you mind me asking what do they actually cost over there? i've been at underdog distribution and they definitly sold me on Scram as a brand, but cant get them in mainland Europe. actually considering getting one over in japan if they open up again.

Junpei scored a on sale deadstock Whopper back then. and i regret not getting it before him.

They are about 12,000 yen online, my local has it for 11,000 yen, which is pretty normal these days for a 9+ inch deck

I actually really wanted Hyun’s model, but its not around my neck of the woods
*edit*
Wait a fuck, actually there is a shop that has one near me…

&& is no stranger to the female species. Hes always got some travel pussy with him in his slambulance. -Hateboard

disclosed

« Reply #4704 on: May 16, 2022, 07:01:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

They are about 12,000 yen online, my local has it for 11,000 yen, which is pretty normal these days for a 9+ inch deck

I actually really wanted Hyunís model, but its not around my neck of the woods.

hmm. i know Cruisers in Nagoya has Hyun's model. they sell it online too
https://cruisers.shop-pro.jp/?pid=167229211

pretty sure BQ in Tochigi also still has it. but i dont think they sell online. also not sure where youre located tho but i know  for sure its not Tochigi.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4705 on: May 16, 2022, 07:33:01 AM »
Sorry, I edited the comment. Found one in Nagano.

Big fan of B-Q tho. Sick shop, great owner.
Got one of the cherry red Rollersurfers off of him.

disclosed

« Reply #4706 on: May 16, 2022, 08:01:26 AM »
Sorry, I edited the comment. Found one in Nagano.

Big fan of B-Q tho. Sick shop, great owner.
Got one of the cherry red Rollersurfers off of him.

my friend lives in Tochigi so he gets all his boards at BQ. somehow he even got a Elephant Blag Flag board from there last week. must have come from his personal collection, those came out like 10 years ago.
hope i can visit that shop next time. my friend is building a DIY out there so gotta go that direction anyway.

nice you managed to find a Hyun board out there. i havnt seen many of those set up.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #4707 on: May 16, 2022, 11:21:25 AM »

I put 169s on my Zogger and they fit really well.

215s would be too wide in the back imo

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4708 on: May 17, 2022, 03:14:54 PM »

Had a rough weekend and decided to treat myself
Heroin Mandy twin shovel 9.5 x 32 14.25 wb
Ace af1 77ís w/hard bushings and grindking kingpins
Spitfire f4 classic 58mm 99a
Quantum isotopes
Pepper grip
Dngr recycled rails

Violator

• Rep: 31
« Reply #4709 on: May 17, 2022, 07:00:30 PM »
damn @144p, that thing is a beauty!!  How are those Quantum isotopes?  Been thinking about trying a set and im curious to hear people's experience with them.