Author Topic: Skateboarding conspiracies thread  (Read 174619 times)

JANUS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
Re: Skateboarding conspiracies thread
« Reply #960 on: June 18, 2021, 04:37:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If you have indys you will try ventures and then go put your indys back on or vice versa, either way you got two sets of different trucks
[close]

But where’s the conspiracy?
[close]
That's the idea, to think it's not one

No. It would be a conspiracy if both truck brands turned out to be made in the same factory/ have the same geometry. Or if the marketing for one company directly influenced you to try the other company’s product, when ultimately both companies are owned by the same person. What you are describing is just owning two sets of trucks.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #961 on: June 18, 2021, 05:14:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If you have indys you will try ventures and then go put your indys back on or vice versa, either way you got two sets of different trucks
[close]

[close]
[close]

No. It would be a conspiracy if both truck brands turned out to be made in the same factory/ have the same geometry. Or if the marketing for one company directly influenced you to try the other company’s product, when ultimately both companies are owned by the same person. What you are describing is just owning two sets of trucks.
Wait. Do you guys not know that one dude owns a large percentage of Indy, Thunder, and Venture. And they do market themselves against each other.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #962 on: June 18, 2021, 06:09:46 AM »
Most pro skateboarders really don’t make a lot of money. For all the ones who competed in Rome, the rest were at home eating Roman noodles.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #963 on: June 18, 2021, 06:21:09 AM »
Tracker and Webb trucks are made from the same metal alloy that contains trace amounts of pulped “Kraven’s Last Hunt” Spider-Man comics

dannyprovolone

« Reply #964 on: June 18, 2021, 06:25:46 AM »
Most pro skateboarders really don’t make a lot of money. For all the ones who competed in Rome, the rest were at home eating Roman noodles.

But I see yuto eating roman noodles all the time on his ig story

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #965 on: June 18, 2021, 08:15:07 AM »
Cariuma bought the judges at that Rome contest

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #966 on: June 18, 2021, 08:44:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Wait. Do you guys not know that one dude owns a large percentage of Indy, Thunder, and Venture. And they do market themselves against each other.

Who, the Vitellos? Sure, but my point remains, without the additional conditions (except the truck geometry thing, that was a joke) it’s not a conspiracy. It’s just owning two sets of trucks.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #967 on: June 18, 2021, 09:35:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Who, the Vitellos? Sure, but my point remains, without the additional conditions (except the truck geometry thing, that was a joke) it’s not a conspiracy. It’s just owning two sets of trucks.
I don’t think it’s just the Vitellos. Jeremie Daclin alludes to it in his jenkem interview. Skateboard trucks are kind of a monopoly.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #968 on: June 18, 2021, 09:41:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I don’t think it’s just the Vitellos. Jeremie Daclin alludes to it in his jenkem interview. Skateboard trucks are kind of a monopoly.

That sounds really interesting, I’m going to try to find that interview. Thanks.

And if we’re being honest, maybe I felt a bit defensive because it forced me to look at the ventures I’m currently skating, and my old indys on the shelf… collecting dust and staring at me with their accusing eyes!

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #969 on: June 18, 2021, 05:12:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

That sounds really interesting, I’m going to try to find that interview. Thanks.

And if we’re being honest, maybe I felt a bit defensive because it forced me to look at the ventures I’m currently skating, and my old indys on the shelf… collecting dust and staring at me with their accusing eyes!
My understanding is that Fausto created Venture and Thunder to grab a bigger share of the market so your first post isn't wrong. At one point, 3 of the 6 trucks on the market came from Emerico. 50% of the market is huge and all three of those brands are still going when other "Indy type" trucks are long gone. Rip yourself of before somebody else does.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

artskool

• Rep: 31
« Reply #970 on: June 19, 2021, 07:46:44 AM »
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2021/02/24/bringing-truck-industry-europe-jeremie-daclin/

"...all of the companies, in one way or another, belong to this one person at the top. He owns part of Independent and Venture, and he owns some shares in DLX so he owns some Thunder too. He has the market, and those brands could fix the prices in their favor, and all of that. "

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
My understanding is that Fausto created Venture and Thunder to grab a bigger share of the market so your first post isn't wrong. At one point, 3 of the 6 trucks on the market came from Emerico. 50% of the market is huge and all three of those brands are still going when other "Indy type" trucks are long gone. Rip yourself of before somebody else does.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #971 on: June 19, 2021, 07:50:37 AM »

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #972 on: June 19, 2021, 08:35:54 AM »
Who is it???!!

artskool

• Rep: 31
« Reply #973 on: June 19, 2021, 09:16:55 AM »
I'd guess its some sleazy loan shark that got in early, vs. a cool secret industry mover and shaker.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
  • Free Max B
« Reply #974 on: June 19, 2021, 11:23:03 AM »
damn really its one dude sitting on all that truck money? thats big truck for ya damn. eye opener

free max b
FREE MAX B

YBOS

• Rep: 14
« Reply #975 on: July 05, 2021, 07:39:55 PM »
Deer Man of Dark Woods is Mike Osterman.

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #976 on: July 05, 2021, 09:00:38 PM »
gesmer

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #977 on: July 05, 2021, 09:16:51 PM »
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2021/02/24/bringing-truck-industry-europe-jeremie-daclin/

"...all of the companies, in one way or another, belong to this one person at the top. He owns part of Independent and Venture, and he owns some shares in DLX so he owns some Thunder too. He has the market, and those brands could fix the prices in their favor, and all of that. "

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
do tony and sally still own that part ?
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

sKINGraft

• Rep: 28
  • space doo-doo pistols
« Reply #978 on: July 31, 2021, 07:29:38 AM »
Someone’s going to get sacked so badly at the Olympic they will need an ambulance.

This injury will spawn the creation of a skating underwear brand with a built in cup and swamp ass and skid mark resistant mesh comprised of crosslocked nanofiber technology.

This underwear brand will be called Taint Saint and will become publicly traded within 90 days of initial launch and have a 5 minute ad spot on every episode of the 9 club.

The success will be followed with additional versions called the Crotch Guard specifically designed for women, trans, gender fluid and non binary folks of course.

The spokesperson will be &&

i mean i get calling yuto winning the olympics being fairly easy but theres gotta be some sort of nostradamus award for calling a sacking that bad

jury still out on the rest

Pennybabie

• Rep: -18
« Reply #979 on: July 31, 2021, 09:25:04 AM »
Success is secretly frond upon in skate culture people aren't as supportive as they lead you to believe which is why so many pros become burn outs by the age of 27.

Mental illness and drug abuse is a bigger problem within the community than people realize, we'd rather fool ourselves into believing our schizophrenic bipolar buddy from down the lane was born a "all powerful demonic entity" or a "douche bag" or "just having fun" than get to understand what they're going through and try to intervene before things get worse... Why? Because misery loves company and what better way to keep some one down than encouraging or even laughing at their odd behavior.

We pretend like none of this is going on sit on our high horses and shit talk all day like gossip girls, it's wack and I hope the younger generation ignores a lot of the older folks and do better.

Edit: I believe suffering just to suffer has always been a massive yet covert part of the culture and because of this things rarely get better for us. The majority of skaters come from middle class to lower class homes, the good we could accomplish for young people if the culture wasn't so toxic smh. Things are slowly improving but people are freaking out and for good reasons, when real skaters are too burnt out to help make the changes we need shit is bound to get rocky...

Roller blading associations run the olympic skateboarding teams, like come on man.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 10:55:49 AM by Pennybabie »

mushroom slice

« Reply #980 on: July 31, 2021, 10:46:17 AM »
Skate wax is dumb
Waxing a curb with a candle is better then waxing a curb with wax if you have a candle that smells nice.
Seasonal  smells for instance. You can have a fall session with pumpkin spice. A winter session with vanilla bean. Spring can be lavender or fresh rain
Summer is patchouli
Smell you later

Pennybabie

« Reply #981 on: July 31, 2021, 11:01:59 AM »
Skate wax is dumb
Waxing a curb with a candle is better then waxing a curb with wax if you have a candle that smells nice.
Seasonal  smells for instance. You can have a fall session with pumpkin spice. A winter session with vanilla bean. Spring can be lavender or fresh rain
Summer is patchouli
Smell you later

Candle wax doesn't leave residue either which people appreciate. Try bamboo wood non scented the harder the candle wax the better.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 11:10:20 AM by Pennybabie »

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #982 on: July 31, 2021, 11:25:00 AM »
Roller blading associations run the olympic skateboarding teams

Yes. The over-commercialization of contest skating, and its subsequent Olympification, was a long-term strategy employed by big rollerblade to destabilize skateboarding, and re-emerge into popular culture by occupying the outsider identity that skateboarding used to fill before it was pasteurized into rolling gymnastics.

Pennybabie

« Reply #983 on: July 31, 2021, 11:47:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes. The over-commercialization of contest skating, and its suient Olympification, was a long-term strategy employed by big rollerblade to destabilize skateboarding, and re-emerge into popular culture by occupying the outsider identity that skateboarding used to fill before it was pasteurized into rolling gymnastics.

Never said "big roller blade" was behind everything but the fact that you chose to focus on this and ignore the parts that clearly tie into things like the war on drugs and middle class proves my point about the toxicity in this community.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 11:56:41 AM by Pennybabie »

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #984 on: July 31, 2021, 11:57:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes. The over-commercialization of contest skating, and its suient Olympification, was a long-term strategy employed by big rollerblade to destabilize skateboarding, and re-emerge into popular culture by occupying the outsider identity that skateboarding used to fill before it was pasteurized into rolling gymnastics.
[close]

Never said "big roller blade" was behind it all but the fact that you chose to focus on this and ignore the parts that clearly tie into things like the war on drugs and middle class proves my point about the toxicity in this community.

I was trying to make a funny. We see what we want to see.

Pennybabie

« Reply #985 on: July 31, 2021, 12:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Never said "big roller blade" was behind it all but the fact that you chose to focus on this and ignore the parts that clearly tie into things like the war on drugs and middle class proves my point about the toxicity in this community.
[close]

I couldn't tell in a bit of a bad mood today.  :-\

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #986 on: July 31, 2021, 12:10:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I couldn't tell in a bit of a bad mood today.  :-\

It’s alright.

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #987 on: July 31, 2021, 03:43:15 PM »

I thought it was Rick McCrank.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #988 on: July 31, 2021, 03:59:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's Mike McKinlay.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #989 on: July 31, 2021, 05:26:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It's Mike McKinlay.

It’s Doug “Pineapple” Saldino
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”