Author Topic: Skateboarding conspiracies thread  (Read 175266 times)

botefdunn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
Re: Skateboarding conspiracies thread
« Reply #690 on: May 01, 2019, 05:07:54 PM »
Jim T thought he turned Antoine Asselin pro around the same time as Davis. It took him a few years to realize his mistake, but by then he was too embarrassed to admit it.

18forced entry

• Rep: -2
« Reply #691 on: May 01, 2019, 06:32:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Pretty sure Biebel got plugs or hair transplant or something. Definitely thought I was nuts for thinking that then I recalled how oddly vain dude is (tanning, getting his teeth “fixed”, wearing that Coca Cola onesie) and realized it’s very on brand for him to think having a weird Jadakiss hairline is acceptable or good.
[close]

Brandon Biebel: skateboarder.  A man barely alive.  Gentlemen, we can rebuild him.  We have the technology.  We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man.  Brandon Biebel will be that man.  Better than he was before.  Better, stronger, faster.

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #692 on: May 01, 2019, 07:17:12 PM »
Heard that when PRod got on Nike, they bought all the footage he had in eS's. Still hasn't seen the light of day.

Apologizing in advance if that's been mentioned earlier in this thread.

Shalom

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #693 on: May 01, 2019, 07:53:00 PM »
Don't know if this has been posted already or not, but I heard that back in the day, Guy Mariano had sex with his filmers' wife and his filmer committed suicide when he found out about the affair.

SadandLonely

• Rep: -30
« Reply #694 on: May 01, 2019, 07:57:08 PM »
Brandon Biebel doesn’t actually skate girl boards anymore. He skates his own off shoot company called Boy...

chris gentryfied

• Rep: -86
« Reply #695 on: May 01, 2019, 07:57:47 PM »
Don't know if this has been posted already or not, but I heard that back in the day, Guy Mariano had sex with his filmers' wife and his filmer committed suicide when he found out about the affair.
not his filmer, but yeah.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #696 on: May 01, 2019, 08:59:20 PM »
PJ Ladd has 8-9 minutes of unseen footage sitting in a vault.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #697 on: May 01, 2019, 10:25:16 PM »
pj ladd owns a sikh temple

Burnt_Reynolds

« Reply #698 on: May 01, 2019, 11:32:41 PM »
May the fleas of a thousand camels descend upon your balls to eat my friend.

Ed boy

« Reply #699 on: May 02, 2019, 12:09:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Holy shit, that's heavy. Is this confirmed?

all your pockets now

« Reply #700 on: May 02, 2019, 12:37:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Holy shit, that's heavy. Is this confirmed?

read pages 3-4 of this thread

Kicked2thecurb

• Rep: -1
  • Happy birthday Mulks!
« Reply #701 on: May 02, 2019, 12:58:54 AM »
I have a theory that Nike SB invests into /subsidizes smaller, more niche, companies (917, passport, frog) to quietlety capitalize on a demographic that probably arent going to hold their breath for the next dunk colorway. 

By putting their money into these smaller brands pockets, it would give Nike leverage to Use the brands imagery, whenever needed, to seem more appealing to those skate heads who have loyalty to these certain kind of brands.

I conceived this theory when I heard frog and Nike put out a blazer together but realized that the majority of their team aren't even on Nike (or any shoe sponsor, none the less). But yeah, what do y'all think ?
Open the gates of manifestation and grant me the powers of darkness

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 479
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #702 on: May 03, 2019, 11:16:27 AM »
I mean that's kind of Nike's whole strategy and the reason they got in to skateboarding in the first place. Skaters were a huge market of people NOT wearing Nike shoes, so they used careful marketing of sponsoring 'legit' guys, only selling in SOSs etc to gain credibility. Now they're 'in' their focus has shifted from appealing to a market they don't have (skaters) to appealing to another market they don't have (skaters that still don't back nike). Hence stuff like you mentioned, as well as, I'd imagine, sponsoring every skater under the sun, so everyone's favourite pro rides for nike.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

element4life

• Rep: 7
« Reply #703 on: May 03, 2019, 11:50:16 AM »
marc johnson is actually totally sane

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #704 on: May 03, 2019, 03:32:47 PM »
industry is collaborating to raise the prices of hard goods, especially decks. I’m not saying that’s good or bad, just that it’s happening. also, aftermarket bushings and pivot cups and all that are a huge racket. trucks shouldn’t come with shitty stock bushings.

halitosis

« Reply #705 on: May 03, 2019, 05:11:42 PM »
Tas made a whole movie about some tin foil shit.  It waaz tight!

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #706 on: May 22, 2019, 08:58:20 AM »
Danny Way has been contributing to Donald Trump’s re-election campaign in hopes that the US/Mexican boarder wall will get built, just so he’ll having something else to jump over.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Ocelot

« Reply #707 on: May 22, 2019, 09:10:50 AM »
Danny Way has been contributing to Donald Trump’s re-election campaign in hopes that the US/Mexican boarder wall will get built, just so he’ll having something else to jump over.

that's pretty funny

gaunt

• Rep: 104
« Reply #708 on: May 22, 2019, 09:11:30 AM »
He skipped the element > watery obscurity part by getting a job at Vans a few years ago.
he's working for element in some capacity now it looks like as well

edit: lmao responded to a year old post that i thought was just posted
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 09:18:57 AM by gaunt »

Dustwardprez

« Reply #709 on: May 22, 2019, 09:24:09 AM »
industry is collaborating to raise the prices of hard goods, especially decks. I’m not saying that’s good or bad, just that it’s happening. also, aftermarket bushings and pivot cups and all that are a huge racket. trucks shouldn’t come with shitty stock bushings.

No Tariffs will cause the increase in decks

shit4breakfast

• Rep: -15
« Reply #710 on: July 04, 2019, 10:07:42 PM »
The 18 offshoot brands were created for Todd’s sanity and creative freedom. Dude was literally losing his mind drawing the same shit and threatened to leave for good.

Jerrys Kid

• Rep: 56
« Reply #711 on: July 05, 2019, 08:17:19 PM »
I have a theory that Nike SB invests into /subsidizes smaller, more niche, companies (917, passport, frog) to quietlety capitalize on a demographic that probably arent going to hold their breath for the next dunk colorway. 

By putting their money into these smaller brands pockets, it would give Nike leverage to Use the brands imagery, whenever needed, to seem more appealing to those skate heads who have loyalty to these certain kind of brands.

I conceived this theory when I heard frog and Nike put out a blazer together but realized that the majority of their team aren't even on Nike (or any shoe sponsor, none the less). But yeah, what do y'all think ?

I wouldn't even be surprised if board companies invested money into supporting their older riders going off to start their own stuff. It's not like Girl was selling tons of boards to NYC people in their late 20s, so might as well give some seed money to the AO to start his own brand to appeal to these audiences. If it blows up, they get a sizable return on their investment and don't have to really worry about losing sales.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #712 on: July 05, 2019, 08:30:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I wouldn't even be surprised if board companies invested money into supporting their older riders going off to start their own stuff. It's not like Girl was selling tons of boards to NYC people in their late 20s, so might as well give some seed money to the AO to start his own brand to appeal to these audiences. If it blows up, they get a sizable return on their investment and don't have to really worry about losing sales.
Is this not a sister brand?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #713 on: July 05, 2019, 09:21:33 PM »
berra's part in the end has some scientology references in it.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #714 on: July 05, 2019, 10:41:20 PM »

Is that the one where he does a trick of a loading dock in a Dianetics t-shirt?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #715 on: July 05, 2019, 11:09:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

no. I think that’s a different video. he gets beheaded in the end and these government-looking dudes in black suits put his head in a box and drive away.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #716 on: July 05, 2019, 11:16:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

no. I think that’s a different video. he gets beheaded in the end and these government-looking dudes in black suits put his head in a box and drive away.

My bad, I wound up looking it up. It's the the third to last trick in his Skate More part. Half-cab frontslide flip front tail fakie on the top ledge of the dock. I made a gif of it once but I can't find it anymore. He's sporting a collegiate lettering Diantics shirt.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #717 on: July 06, 2019, 12:55:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

My bad, I wound up looking it up. It's the the third to last trick in his Skate More part. Half-cab frontslide flip front tail fakie on the top ledge of the dock. I made a gif of it once but I can't find it anymore. He's sporting a collegiate lettering Diantics shirt.

Really?! cmon man

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #718 on: July 06, 2019, 01:15:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Really?! cmon man

OK I'll bite what would you call it?

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #719 on: July 06, 2019, 01:24:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Really?! cmon man
[close]

OK I'll bite what would you call it?

that's a fakie flip tailside
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...