Author Topic: Skateboarding conspiracies thread  (Read 175269 times)

WobbleHeadBob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 80
Re: Skateboarding conspiracies thread
« Reply #720 on: July 06, 2019, 02:43:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
berra's part in the end has some scientology references in it.
[close]

Is that the one where he does a trick of a loading dock in a Dianetics t-shirt?
[close]

no. I think that’s a different video. he gets beheaded in the end and these government-looking dudes in black suits put his head in a box and drive away.
[close]

My bad, I wound up looking it up. It's the the third to last trick in his Skate More part. Half-cab frontslide flip front tail fakie on the top ledge of the dock. I made a gif of it once but I can't find it anymore. He's sporting a collegiate lettering Diantics shirt.
[close]

Really?! cmon man
[close]

OK I'll bite what would you call it?
[close]

that's a fakie flip tailside

yup

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #721 on: July 06, 2019, 06:12:14 AM »
quit talking about him

morningcommute

« Reply #722 on: July 06, 2019, 07:43:53 AM »
Damn, that fucked up (and wrong) trick description threw me off from posting 'in the beginning there was semen'.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #723 on: July 06, 2019, 08:18:37 AM »
Brands intentionally mislabel boards with wrong sizes because it's easier to offload an 8.0 or 8.25 than an 8.38 or an 8.125 and they know no one can tell the difference.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #724 on: July 06, 2019, 08:30:24 AM »
Brands intentionally mislabel boards with wrong sizes because it's easier to offload an 8.0 or 8.25 than an 8.38 or an 8.125 and they know no one can tell the difference.

Maybe for people outside of these forums. I measure every board I buy. Been riding Quasi 8.25 square shape for a while now. Size laser etched on the top, I still measure it.

Maybe online retailers get those mislabeled ones since people can't hold them before they buy
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

SirPizzaSlayer

• Rep: -72
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #725 on: July 06, 2019, 08:35:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe for people outside of these forums. I measure every board I buy. Been riding Quasi 8.25 square shape for a while now. Size laser etched on the top, I still measure it.

Maybe online retailers get those mislabeled ones since people can't hold them before they buy
same here, I had an AWS that was labeled as an 8.1, measured it and it was actually an 8.

Jerrys Kid

• Rep: 56
« Reply #726 on: July 06, 2019, 08:37:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have a theory that Nike SB invests into /subsidizes smaller, more niche, companies (917, passport, frog) to quietlety capitalize on a demographic that probably arent going to hold their breath for the next dunk colorway. 

By putting their money into these smaller brands pockets, it would give Nike leverage to Use the brands imagery, whenever needed, to seem more appealing to those skate heads who have loyalty to these certain kind of brands.

I conceived this theory when I heard frog and Nike put out a blazer together but realized that the majority of their team aren't even on Nike (or any shoe sponsor, none the less). But yeah, what do y'all think ?
[close]

I wouldn't even be surprised if board companies invested money into supporting their older riders going off to start their own stuff. It's not like Girl was selling tons of boards to NYC people in their late 20s, so might as well give some seed money to the AO to start his own brand to appeal to these audiences. If it blows up, they get a sizable return on their investment and don't have to really worry about losing sales.
[close]
Is this not a sister brand?

Depends on the level of ownership. A sister brand implies that Girl dictates how 917 should operate. There could be a case where another company would own ~15% and wouldn't have as much say in how they run and would just reap the dividends when sales come in.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #727 on: July 06, 2019, 08:42:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
same here, I had an AWS that was labeled as an 8.1, measured it and it was actually an 8.

its crazy how you can feel 0.1 of an inch with your feet huh.
I was convinced for years that you could not tell and its all in peoples heads until i bought a board that i thought was 8.4 and turned out to be 8.5, I could not 3flip that thing to save my life...

SirPizzaSlayer

• Rep: -72
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #728 on: July 06, 2019, 08:48:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

its crazy how you can feel 0.1 of an inch with your feet huh.
I was convinced for years that you could not tell and its all in peoples heads until i bought a board that i thought was 8.4 and turned out to be 8.5, I could not 3flip that thing to save my life...
its the same thing with every part of skating I have. I have thunder hollow light lows which are 49.5mm, I can feel it and I hate how low it is. I’m gonna go back to Indy’s ASAP.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #729 on: July 06, 2019, 09:08:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Pretty sure this has been discussed ad nauseum in other threads...Schmitt Stix measures their boards with the concave, so if you take a tape/ruler straight across it seems skinner.  Gotta press the tape into the concave and it’ll come out 8.1

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #730 on: July 06, 2019, 09:09:08 AM »
Damn, that fucked up (and wrong) trick description threw me off from posting 'in the beginning there was semen'.
In the beginning there was Sea Org.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #731 on: July 06, 2019, 10:58:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I blew it but you sure didn't.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Style Pilot

« Reply #732 on: July 07, 2019, 12:56:57 AM »
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 08:57:45 AM by Style Pilot »

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #733 on: July 07, 2019, 01:19:48 AM »
There is a 'skater' with over 100k followers that is an AI deepfake, created with human image synthesis technology. The secret 3 year project is a collaboration of action sports and other corporate sponsors and will be revealed as a publicity stunt just prior to the Olympics. There are several Pros who have signed agreements of secrecy and releases for footage into which the deepfake skater is superimposed as a participant. I have my suspicions about the identity of the AI skater but I'm not 100% sure. Any ideas?
Aurelien Giraud right?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I blew it but you sure didn't.
In the beginning there was Thetans
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 01:22:44 AM by Szechuan »

Style Pilot

« Reply #734 on: July 07, 2019, 02:57:10 AM »
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 08:57:01 AM by Style Pilot »

Style Pilot

« Reply #735 on: July 07, 2019, 03:01:19 AM »
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 08:57:14 AM by Style Pilot »

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #736 on: July 07, 2019, 09:06:48 AM »
Evan Kuzava put the greenlight on Fro Doggy Dog's Slap account after being put on blast for a shitty Instagram comment and general belief system.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #737 on: July 07, 2019, 09:10:55 AM »
Evan Kuzava put the greenlight on Fro Doggy Dog's Slap account after being put on blast for a shitty Instagram comment and general belief system.

:(
what I came to this thread for today

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #738 on: July 07, 2019, 09:12:28 AM »
Homeboy must have been lurking hard because that thread was only up for a few hours. Now he's overcompensating:

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #739 on: July 07, 2019, 09:14:54 AM »
"Got hate unrighteousness" -Evan Kazoo

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #740 on: July 07, 2019, 09:18:01 AM »
He posted that shit last night and by this morning I couldn't find it. He also mentioned the Patlanta mad at the Vice writer thread being gone too.

Big clean ups here

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #741 on: July 07, 2019, 09:21:46 AM »

"Blessed is the man whose face looks like pubes" -Evan Kavevan

RIP Fro , u were a good poster and if you're reading this i hope u come back home . if they havent neuralized you

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #742 on: July 07, 2019, 09:30:55 AM »

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #743 on: July 07, 2019, 11:00:32 AM »

RIP Fro , u were a good poster and if you're reading this i hope u come back home . if they havent neuralized you

Abort that beard!

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #744 on: July 08, 2019, 10:46:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Abort that beard!

He also works at a gay conversion camp

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #745 on: July 08, 2019, 11:30:48 PM »

No mo fro?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #746 on: August 11, 2019, 07:37:55 AM »
Spitfire lock ins are conical fulls with one side shaved flat. They "tested the waters" with them, then shortly thereafter re-released the tablet shape, making all lock in owners (including myself) look foolish with our irreversible wheels.

This conspiracy helps me feel better about the fact that my wheels are coning.

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #747 on: August 11, 2019, 02:13:40 PM »
Spitfire lock ins are conical fulls with one side shaved flat. They "tested the waters" with them, then shortly thereafter re-released the tablet shape, making all lock in owners (including myself) look foolish with our irreversible wheels.

I had a pair and I put them with logo facing in like always and they were fine

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #748 on: August 11, 2019, 02:18:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Maybe I am so meticulous but the only time I have had wheels cone was Bones and those were the V-1's I believe?! Spitfires for me never cone I switch them around every week.

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #749 on: August 11, 2019, 08:05:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Maybe I am so meticulous but the only time I have had wheels cone was Bones and those were the V-1's I believe?! Spitfires for me never cone I switch them around every week.
Cool reply bro.
Everett is pointing out that if you skate an asymmetrical wheel, the asymmetry is rendered useless when you switch them around.
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn