Author Topic: Skateboarding conspiracies thread  (Read 175291 times)

Nigel Houston

Re: Skateboarding conspiracies thread
« Reply #840 on: November 10, 2020, 09:47:14 AM »
Hey so what about magnets in skateboarding? I just was reminded by seeing that mega ramp 720 ollie in another poster's sig.

Do people use magnets?

I remember a YouTube video of someone skating in a parking lot with magnets in their shoes but only found this:

And there was a company that offered retrofitting of shoes and boards to magnets:
https://skateandannoy.com/blog/2007/10/whos-the-big-man-now-huh-steve-schneer/

Is this the best kept secret?

Jerrys Kid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #841 on: November 10, 2020, 05:32:28 PM »
Hey so what about magnets in skateboarding? I just was reminded by seeing that mega ramp 720 ollie in another poster's sig.

Do people use magnets?

I remember a YouTube video of someone skating in a parking lot with magnets in their shoes but only found this:

And there was a company that offered retrofitting of shoes and boards to magnets:

Why does every youtube video have a bullshit thumbnail like this:

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #842 on: November 10, 2020, 05:33:42 PM »
Curious about Uber vid

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #843 on: November 10, 2020, 06:08:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Westagate never got SOTY because Phelps thought he was too well adjusted and not hellride enough.

Also Phelps screamed at Patrick O'Dell because he filmed Westgate building a makeup stand for his wife...not hellride enough for the Phelpers
[close]

Yep.

I know the time line is off but if you fucked with NB or under armor your not getting soty ever.

Hmmm

If foy was on NB when he got soty than jake didn't pick him 100%

I'm in the same belief as jake. If you fuck with these brands your Trump fed and swallow that load.

Westgate lost me on the shelter show or whatever. He did an interview on youtube or whatever after leaving E.

"New England based business well historically wellllllllll they have and office there still."

I hate that narrative. It's 100% misleading. The brand putting on all of NE was milking it further.
Jamie Foy was SOTY 2017
He joined New Balance roughly Oct 2018
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #844 on: November 10, 2020, 06:11:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Westagate never got SOTY because Phelps thought he was too well adjusted and not hellride enough.

Also Phelps screamed at Patrick O'Dell because he filmed Westgate building a makeup stand for his wife...not hellride enough for the Phelpers
[close]

Yep.

I know the time line is off but if you fucked with NB or under armor your not getting soty ever.

Hmmm

If foy was on NB when he got soty than jake didn't pick him 100%

I'm in the same belief as jake. If you fuck with these brands your Trump fed and swallow that load.

Westgate lost me on the shelter show or whatever. He did an interview on youtube or whatever after leaving E.

"New England based business well historically wellllllllll they have and office there still."

I hate that narrative. It's 100% misleading. The brand putting on all of NE was milking it further.
[close]
Jamie Foy was SOTY 2017
He joined New Balance roughly Oct 2018

Thrasher has/had a soft spot for Diamond Footwear

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 805
« Reply #845 on: November 10, 2020, 06:14:25 PM »
Expand Quote

Do people use magnets?

[close]

there's probably some study that says it increases engagement or something
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Nigel Houston

« Reply #846 on: November 11, 2020, 09:23:42 AM »
Yeah but what about magnets though?

I also remember when this famous photographer used to make a party video series and this one pro skater broke his board and hid it in a bush to go to a sports event, he said he absolutely needed to get back and get his trucks. Like, why care about the trucks so much? Special baseplates with MAGNETS?

And HOW DO MAGNETS WORK anyway?!!!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #847 on: November 11, 2020, 09:51:47 AM »

I also remember when this famous photographer used to make a party video series and this one pro skater broke his board and hid it in a bush to go to a sports event, he said he absolutely needed to get back and get his trucks. Like, why care about the trucks so much? Special baseplates with MAGNETS?

he probably wants the pivots and bushings. not kidding. if you've ridden in your trucks and want to keep that feeling for the next set you try to keep pivot cups and bushings and put them on your new trucks. that is if they are not already busted. i think ricky oyola does that and i heard a couple other skaters do the same.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #848 on: November 11, 2020, 10:04:20 AM »
I used to switch bushings to my next trucks like 20 years ago. I think I kept the same bushings for 4 sets of Indy stage 8

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #849 on: November 11, 2020, 10:33:08 AM »
I used to switch bushings to my next trucks like 20 years ago. I think I kept the same bushings for 4 sets of Indy stage 8

how in the hell did you manage to get bushings to last that long?! i go through lke 4 sets of bushings on every pair of trucks haha

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #850 on: November 11, 2020, 10:37:10 AM »

All this magent talk sounds like a missed opportunity for Polar

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #851 on: November 11, 2020, 10:43:09 AM »
What do y'all know about skyhooks?

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1272
« Reply #852 on: November 11, 2020, 10:53:26 AM »
i thought sky hooks belonged to this guy

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 604
« Reply #853 on: November 11, 2020, 11:41:20 AM »
Expand Quote

Do people use magnets?

[close]

If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #854 on: November 11, 2020, 12:46:36 PM »
i thought sky hooks belonged to this guy

pretty sure Skyhook was some Wayne Enterprises tech
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

manysnakes

« Reply #855 on: November 11, 2020, 04:13:08 PM »
Curious about Uber vid

It's a parody of that style of YouTube still shot clickbait

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #856 on: November 11, 2020, 04:36:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

how in the hell did you manage to get bushings to last that long?! i go through lke 4 sets of bushings on every pair of trucks haha

I never really had bushing issues until Stage 9 indys. Don't get me wrong, the bushings weren't in great shape, I just really hated breaking in trucks. I'd put in smashed/ cracked bushings just so they felt the same

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #857 on: November 11, 2020, 05:06:47 PM »
Damn. Guess I should’ve paid more attention to my bushings and pivot cups. Probably why I never went pro.

Magnets would be sneaky. I’d love to see the internet uproar if somebody got caught doing that, like it matters. We took some of those solid rubber bungees, the kind that have an S hook on the ends, and strapped our feet to our boards skating this mini when I was a kid. Shit was dangerous but we were “landing” 540’s and shit on a 5’ ramp.

Banned from the room

« Reply #858 on: November 11, 2020, 08:56:44 PM »
Isn't putting magnets in your shoes something that conspiracy people do to stay healthy?

Jerrys Kid

« Reply #859 on: November 12, 2020, 08:56:49 PM »
Isn't putting magnets in your shoes something that conspiracy people do to stay healthy?

(Bob Burnquist has left the chat)

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1272
« Reply #860 on: November 12, 2020, 11:15:20 PM »
when an emp goes off everyone will form mad max/dagger skate gangs and roam the world shredding.

hopefully like manwolfs

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #861 on: November 13, 2020, 03:20:14 AM »
Gill Bates wants to inject a vaccine into Pobby Buleo containing nanobots and 5g reactive heavy metals.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

dannyprovolone

« Reply #862 on: November 13, 2020, 06:59:30 AM »
Gill Bates wants to inject a vaccine into Pobby Buleo containing nanobots and 5g reactive heavy metals.
background music for mr bates

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #863 on: November 13, 2020, 10:43:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
background music for mr bates

conqueso

« Reply #864 on: December 13, 2020, 06:46:34 AM »
elijah and jagger eaton are the same person

JamesFardy

• Rep: 63
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #865 on: December 14, 2020, 10:57:28 AM »
i wouldnt be surprised if that instagram "proskateboardingnews" was shut down specifically by Nyjah huston/ lawyers. ALSO. I feel like anytime it gets brought up here a bunchhhh bs threads pop up to bury it. Might just me taking notice, but would like to hear what others think.

Nanda Zinger

• SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #866 on: December 14, 2020, 12:50:55 PM »
Remember the Paradox thread? Griptape with holograms on the underside to aid in whatever BS the owner, Ari believed in. I remember Duffy co-signed Paradox, which now makes sense.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #867 on: December 14, 2020, 01:51:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Remember the Paradox thread? Griptape with holograms on the underside to aid in whatever BS the owner, Ari believed in. I remember Duffy co-signed Paradox, which now makes sense.
Holy shit, thank you for bringing this thread to my attention. I wonder where Ari is now.

How's GK Satoshi doing too? I hope he's living his best life

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #868 on: December 14, 2020, 02:46:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Holy shit, thank you for bringing this thread to my attention. I wonder where Ari is now.

How's GK Satoshi doing too? I hope he's living his best life
Miss that guy.
Paradoxically the reason I “came in from the cold” after years of lurking these boards was to goof on his quirky, polite sales techniques/market research.
I know... I’m an asshole.
He soon won me over, though, even if (to this day) I still say fuck those shitty Gring Kings.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

JamesFardy

• Rep: 63
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #869 on: December 16, 2020, 07:44:24 PM »
Rodney Mullen can’t drop in.