Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1743563 times)

paraquat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: real confessions
« Reply #4320 on: December 11, 2013, 01:14:52 PM »
Expand Quote
"wine is fine but whisky's quicker"

I got a 22 year old son who used to be a ripper. Now he's on methodone and living in my basement: constantly in and out of trouble. This thread gives me some serious insight into the mind of todays youth. Evryone thinks every problem can be solved with a pill. Most people don't even see that the drugs and/or alcohol just makes depression/anxiety that much worse. You're being conditioned to believe you need all that shit(aderol and such). My girlfriends teenage daughter swears she needs aderol to be able to study. I told her if you weren't stoned all the damned time you'd be able to focus and study without drugs...I digress. I guess my point is why don't ya'll try getting clean. Then look at your problems with a clear mind. Set short term goals and learn to feel the satisfaction and sense of accomplishment you get from achieving them(hell even a new skate trick). Don't be a doped up sheep. Thats what society wants, a bunch of doped up dependant sheep. Wake up and take your life by the balls!
[close]
Thank you

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4321 on: December 11, 2013, 01:18:26 PM »
Expand Quote

I got a 22 year old son who used to be a ripper. Now he's on methodone and living in my basement: constantly in and out of trouble. This thread gives me some serious insight into the mind of todays youth. Evryone thinks every problem can be solved with a pill. Most people don't even see that the drugs and/or alcohol just makes depression/anxiety that much worse. You're being conditioned to believe you need all that shit(aderol and such). My girlfriends teenage daughter swears she needs aderol to be able to study. I told her if you weren't stoned all the damned time you'd be able to focus and study without drugs...I digress. I guess my point is why don't ya'll try getting clean. Then look at your problems with a clear mind. Set short term goals and learn to feel the satisfaction and sense of accomplishment you get from achieving them(hell even a new skate trick). Don't be a doped up sheep. Thats what society wants, a bunch of doped up dependant sheep. Wake up and take your life by the balls!
[close]
Thank you

great post. and im sorry to hear about your son. the thing that sucks so much about drugs is that when people get hooked, its so hard to get them to stop, especially when they have a doctor telling them its ok to be high on speed or benzos all the time. and people wonder why so many kids are fucked up on prescription drugs these days.

band

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4322 on: December 11, 2013, 01:53:18 PM »
prescription medication is the future embrace it #yolo

gay pride - proud to be gay

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #4323 on: December 11, 2013, 02:01:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Thank you
[close]

dude smoke a joint and chill out brah
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4324 on: December 11, 2013, 04:52:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Thank you
[close]
[close]

dude snort some heroin and nod out brah

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4325 on: December 11, 2013, 05:29:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Thank you
[close]
[close]

dude snort some heroin and nod out brah
[close]

lol at salty ass dude who cant let the fact that ive done heroin a total of three times in my life over the past two years go.  I bet you had at least three homoerotic fantasies in the last two days and i aint sayin shit about it fool

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4326 on: December 11, 2013, 06:09:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^ thanks ill try out that med next if this one doesn't do the job
[close]

Have you tried Xanax?  Because that will completely take away your conscience and any anxiety you might have.  The right dosage makes it impossible to have any real feelings and just lets you be happy doing whatever it is you want to do.  I used to self medicate with it all the time. 
[close]
i was on Klonopin when i first started to get anxiety, i would take it before school n then my teacher thought i was drunk and called my mom. i later got back on it like when i was 19 and abused the shit out of it (i would take it while drinking) and then i blacked out one night n broke in to a beer place and stole a bunch of cases of dogfish and blue moon. i got put in to a mental hospital that night cause they thought i was a danger to myself. i asked my doctor about it but since my pass he doesnt feel comfortable even though i asked him when i havent drank in a year. my therapist says to get a new doctor so i have been calling around. But yea those meds work real good when i was young

How much is the right dosage?? i had some last night and i didn't feel that much. I'm trynna numb myself.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4327 on: December 11, 2013, 06:13:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^ thanks ill try out that med next if this one doesn't do the job
[close]

Have you tried Xanax??  Because that will completely take away your conscience and any anxiety you might have.?  The right dosage makes it impossible to have any real feelings and just lets you be happy doing whatever it is you want to do.?  I used to self medicate with it all the time.? 
[close]
Definitely not even a day-long fix to a problem let-alone a long-term solution.  I'd recommend most people stay away from this especially if the guy is drinking to self medicate already. 
[close]
fyi im just drinking now cause i want to cure my anxiety(i didthat before).Now im just drinking cause i have a difficult decision if i want to kill my self or not. if my parents werent moving ill still be sober most of the time and not thinking these thoughts

Please don't do it, I may not know you but I care. Theres always light at the end of the tunnel my friend. I guarantee it.

band

« Reply #4328 on: December 11, 2013, 06:54:30 PM »
Lol!? how can you guarentee there is light at the end of tobeys tunnel?

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4329 on: December 11, 2013, 07:33:25 PM »

There's light at the end of everyone's tunnel except yours cause theres a fat dick stuffing it. Idiot.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4330 on: December 11, 2013, 07:49:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There's light at the end of everyone's tunnel except yours cause theres a fat dick stuffing it. Idiot.

but hes stated multiple times how he loves the cock, maybe thats his own "light at the end of the tunnel" like you know like some metaphor or some shit

band

« Reply #4331 on: December 11, 2013, 07:55:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lol sooo good

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #4332 on: December 12, 2013, 04:40:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Thank you
[close]
[close]

Don't get me wrong guys. I'll hit some weed every now and then when the time is right. I'm not a preacher or a choir boy by any means. Just saying prescription meds are a means of controlling the masses. If you all want to be slaves be my guest.
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #4333 on: December 12, 2013, 06:54:37 AM »
so its moving day and im feeling pretty good give you guys an update tonight when we are all settled in.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #4334 on: December 12, 2013, 08:29:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Thank you
[close]
[close]

[close]
Don't get me wrong guys. I'll hit some weed every now and then when the time is right. I'm not a preacher or a choir boy by any means. Just saying prescription meds are a means of controlling the masses. If you all want to be slaves be my guest.

Jeez. The paranoia on Slap is mindboggling.

This is a capitalist society. The goal of such a society is to make money. Capitalism tends to be very narrow sighted. It's all about making money. That's it. Nothing else really matters. Big Pharma doesn't medicate the masses to do the government a favor. It inflates fear/concern over all sorts of conditions, from benign to extreme, in order to sell more drugs. Their lobbyists pay off politicians to allow them to continue to sell largely unneeded and ineffectual drugs to the masses in order for them to continue to keep raking in obscene amounts of dough. The industry is currently valued at $300 BILLION and expected to shoot up to $400 BILLION within 3 years. Which is unprecedented. Stop listening to Alex Jones. It's all about the dollar. The government doesn't call the shots. Large corporations do.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #4335 on: December 12, 2013, 08:35:57 AM »
^^^ once you start taking meds to control your psychotic ailments, it's a complicated process to ever get off of them. Pharma ftw

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #4336 on: December 12, 2013, 09:07:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Thank you
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

This is a capitalist society. The goal of such a society is to make money. Capitalism tends to be very narrow sighted. It's all about making money. That's it. Nothing else really matters. Big Pharma doesn't medicate the masses to do the government a favor. It inflates fear/concern over all sorts of conditions, from benign to extreme, in order to sell more drugs. Their lobbyists pay off politicians to allow them to continue to sell largely unneeded and ineffectual drugs to the masses in order for them to continue to keep raking in obscene amounts of dough. The industry is currently valued at $300 BILLION and expected to shoot up to $400 BILLION within 3 years. Which is unprecedented. Stop listening to Alex Jones. It's all about the dollar. The government doesn't call the shots. Large corporations do.
I'll admit that was a pretty dramatic statement on my part. And I never mentioned the government. But wouldn't you agree that whoever has all the $$$ makes the rules. Not gonna argue semantics or politics or economics with you.. I'm just saying we're becoming a society too reliant on meds to solve all our problems. Colds, moles and sore assholes. ;D
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4337 on: December 12, 2013, 09:17:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Thank you
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I'll admit that was a pretty dramatic statement on my part. And I never mentioned the government. But wouldn't you agree that whoever has all the $$$ makes the rules. Not gonna argue semantics or politics or economics with you.. I'm just saying we're becoming a society too reliant on meds to solve all our problems. Colds, moles and sore assholes. ;D

Fair enough. We all make such statements at times. But, yeah, money is king. If you have it, you call the shots. That was pretty much my point. But I agree society tends to accept what is offered (in this case meds) without giving things much thought. I stuck the government jab in there because the phrase you retracted is a common tinfoil hat talking point. Hence the Alex Jones reference.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4338 on: December 12, 2013, 10:20:26 AM »
nah i totally think prescription pills are a pretty fucked situation.  My girls on anti depressants and truly doesnt think she can live life without them and I do not believe they do jack shit.  I was on the same shit as her for a minute but I got off that shit real fast.  Having to take the same thing everyday in order to "function" is mind control at its finest.  This is almost solely how I justify the occasional abuse of opiates and (used to)benzos, because even using them as prescribed is gonna fuck you up in the head.  I think these are a bit different than adderall or SSRIs but I still think that having to take something everyday really fucks with your head

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 733
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #4339 on: December 12, 2013, 12:12:47 PM »
A lot of stupid has suddenly happened in this thread. I didn't know there were so many licensed psychiatrists on Slap.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4340 on: December 12, 2013, 01:14:07 PM »
A lot of stupid has suddenly happened in this thread. I didn't know there were so many licensed psychiatrists on Slap.

lol no doubt i definitely went off on a high tangent

band

« Reply #4341 on: December 12, 2013, 02:10:01 PM »
okay so i guess ill confess something now

Im full time player/part time hater

I am indeed

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4342 on: December 12, 2013, 02:12:12 PM »
okay so i guess ill confess something now

Im full time player/part time hater

I am indeed
bump

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #4343 on: December 13, 2013, 01:12:36 AM »
so i just spent my first night at the new house. it isnt that bad at all i was able to sleep and relax so im kind of looking towards whats going to happen next. I think im going to lay off the drinking again, just in till new years or maybe ill wait longer but i faced the challenged head on and i was SOBER!! I just built it up in my head before i was moving and that was freaking me out the most. Thank you all for your suggestions and comments much appreciated

edit: when i say sober i still took my meds but i only had to take half of one as an extra. thought i was going to be a lot worst
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 01:16:07 AM by tobey »

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4344 on: December 13, 2013, 08:19:08 PM »
so i just spent my first night at the new house. it isnt that bad at all i was able to sleep and relax so im kind of looking towards whats going to happen next. I think im going to lay off the drinking again, just in till new years or maybe ill wait longer but i faced the challenged head on and i was SOBER!! I just built it up in my head before i was moving and that was freaking me out the most. Thank you all for your suggestions and comments much appreciated

edit: when i say sober i still took my meds but i only had to take half of one as an extra. thought i was going to be a lot worst

Great to hear man. Keep on keeping on my friend.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4345 on: December 14, 2013, 12:47:49 PM »
Expand Quote
I have a speech impediment where I can't pronounce the letter R correctly (its pronounced differently in my first language than in english). I was bullied about it when I was younger and it made me really self-concious. I went to speech threapy for years because of it but it didn't help.

These days I don't make such a great deal out of it, but sometimes it makes introducing myself annoying/anxiety-provoking because all of my names have R:s in it and people don't always understand my name so I have to keep repeating it and it does make me feel kind of dumb sometimes, even though it shouldn't.

Oh, and I suppose it's an anatomical issue because I had surgery for it when I was little where  they cut something on my tongue (frenulum?). I remember that the assistant to the surgeon forgot to use proper anaesthetics and the two of them bickering about it after he had operated on me.
[close]

Hi Bronson, Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

How long did you receive speech therapy and at what age did you start?

ASL?

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #4346 on: December 16, 2013, 04:03:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have a speech impediment where I can't pronounce the letter R correctly (its pronounced differently in my first language than in english). I was bullied about it when I was younger and it made me really self-concious. I went to speech threapy for years because of it but it didn't help.

These days I don't make such a great deal out of it, but sometimes it makes introducing myself annoying/anxiety-provoking because all of my names have R:s in it and people don't always understand my name so I have to keep repeating it and it does make me feel kind of dumb sometimes, even though it shouldn't.

Oh, and I suppose it's an anatomical issue because I had surgery for it when I was little where  they cut something on my tongue (frenulum?). I remember that the assistant to the surgeon forgot to use proper anaesthetics and the two of them bickering about it after he had operated on me.
[close]

[close]

ASL?
[close]

I am curious because I am a SLP.  As a function of that, I am interested in how services are provided, both domestically and internationally.  Many SLAP posters are in other countries, so differences may exist in how they address speech/language goals.
Hi.

What is an SLP?

I grew up in Finland and am also living there currently.

I started receiving speech therapy when I was about 7 if I remember correctly. I think it lasted for about two years.

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #4347 on: December 16, 2013, 08:50:53 AM »
I confess yesterday my friends and I were drunk at the park when an old lady came by taking pictures of us. Of course we all got her to take pictures of us drinking beers but thats not what I'm confessing. Minutes later she told me it was her 90th birthday and I totally asked her if she wanted to kiss. Why I asked I have no idea. Maybe I wanted an old dusty notch on my belt? Secret passion for seniors?

Aidan Clarke

• Rep: -122
« Reply #4348 on: December 16, 2013, 05:55:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

ASL?
[close]

I am curious because I am a SLP.  As a function of that, I am interested in how services are provided, both domestically and internationally.  Many SLAP posters are in other countries, so differences may exist in how they address speech/language goals.
[close]
Hi.

What is an SLP?

I grew up in Finland and am also living there currently.

I started receiving speech therapy when I was about 7 if I remember correctly. I think it lasted for about two years.
[close]

Hi Bronson,

SLP stands for speech language pathologist.  SLPs are  the ones who provides speech and language therapy for the most part (in the u.s. anyway).  If it makes you feel any better, the /r/ sound is one of the last sounds acquired developmentally (the normative data varies greatly from 6-10 years of age).  Also, it is perhaps the most challenging speech sound error to address from a clinician stand point, or at least it is with very young children.  From what I gather from your post it sounds like it continues to bother you.  However, speech sound production is a motor activity and therefore you could stand to benefit from therapy if you wish to pursue it.  I would be surprised if you did not make gains, although it would take some time and conscious effort on your part to relearn the tongue placement. 

I understand why your parents may have chosen to stop speech therapy when you were 9.  I am willing to bet that it had no impact on your academic performance and the progress in speech was not what they assumed it would be. 

That is really interesting that the /r/ sound in Finnish is different than it is in english!  I was unaware of that.  After looking a bit online, is it the "trill /r/" specifically that you are talking about?

http://www.wikihow.com/Roll-Your-%22R%22s

dam i want fuck
#crackkka

BBM: 79DEA941, fuck with me sheffledge

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #4349 on: December 17, 2013, 04:07:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Thank you
[close]
[close]

[close]

It’s the MTV generation.  In other words the youth of today can sit in front of a screen and get instant satisfaction from TV, Internet and Video Games.    You don’t need to have a short term goal of reading a book because  you can get a ‘hit’ from different outlets, which are more profitable too.

Everybody wants to get high.  Athletes and sportspeople are the biggest addicts as they try and get high every day/weekend by beating there personal best or the other team.   Having a bunch of young people have a short attention span and being able to get high by another means has long term effects such as mental health problems.   If you’ve learnt that you can get by being spoon fed you don’t have to achieve anything,  just consume until it’s too late.