Poll

Does the woodshop a brand use for their decks impact your decision on buying a board?

Yes absolutely
488 (70.4%)
Yeah I guess a bit
165 (23.8%)
Indifferent either way
16 (2.3%)
Not really
13 (1.9%)
No never
11 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 687

Author Topic: CURRENT WOODSHOP DIRECTORY 2024 + misc deck and board info, help, questions, etc  (Read 170659 times)

Woodshop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
if buying a habitat or AWS deck in Europe - how do I know if it’s from BBS or not ?
[close]

There's info on identifying woodshops on the first page of the thread but the general tell for BBS is the small divot in the top ply between the front truck holes.
[close]

As a European guy I was wondering a few days ago if the Dwindle versions of the AWS boards were made in the same molds as the BBS ones, and the same question for the other brands that make their boards in different woodshop depending of the zone...

I have definitely heard some of the alternate woodshops did try to get their boards made to the same dimensions, and sizes, but even between different woodshops (who do not share shape info and specs and certainly do not share mold information) there were significant differences in concave too.

Example of this was the Uma Landsleds brand decks that were initially BBS and always going to be BBS but due to issues, had to be put out through Dwindle for here in AU and Asia too I think, before all the delayed BBS ones arrived and they might look the same but feel totally different in concave.

One of the guys I know got one (not BBS) and was wondering why it was just not comfortable, but I could feel it right away.  It definitely was not a BBS concave and he had not looked at the sticker which clearly had "Made in China" on it.

The company were not at all trying to hide it or confuse customers and were honest about it when asked, but I know some people felt ripped off.  I don't share those opinions though - read the fine print and stand on the board first if you can.

That said, I think things might have settled down a lot now since the 2020 issues with supply, covid shut downs and anything else that happened in that year.

Production seems back to normal for all the big suppliers, almost an excess of decks in skateshops right now actually, but always check the stickers and pics, ask the shop if they don't have anything up or details available and if you are not buying in person at the shop and if you are unsure, wait and buy from somewhere that does answer back, or can help you with information.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
From the setup thread:

8x31.5 Hz deck, local brand (but actually 7 7/8" when i measured it)
Tensor MagLight 5.25 (somehow with non-mag baseplate & changed stock bushings with Indy hard black barrel bushings)
Spitfire 52mm F4 classics 101
Andale MJ bearings
Indy hex 1" hardware
Indy 1/8" riser (thinking of ditching it soon)
Jessup griptape

https://www.instagram.com/hzskateboards/

From Boomboomtech...

https://www.instagram.com/boomboomtech/

Solex

• Rep: 29
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
if buying a habitat or AWS deck in Europe - how do I know if it’s from BBS or not ?
[close]

There's info on identifying woodshops on the first page of the thread but the general tell for BBS is the small divot in the top ply between the front truck holes.
[close]

As a European guy I was wondering a few days ago if the Dwindle versions of the AWS boards were made in the same molds as the BBS ones, and the same question for the other brands that make their boards in different woodshop depending of the zone...

[close]

I have definitely heard some of the alternate woodshops did try to get their boards made to the same dimensions, and sizes, but even between different woodshops (who do not share shape info and specs and certainly do not share mold information) there were significant differences in concave too.

Example of this was the Uma Landsleds brand decks that were initially BBS and always going to be BBS but due to issues, had to be put out through Dwindle for here in AU and Asia too I think, before all the delayed BBS ones arrived and they might look the same but feel totally different in concave.

One of the guys I know got one (not BBS) and was wondering why it was just not comfortable, but I could feel it right away.  It definitely was not a BBS concave and he had not looked at the sticker which clearly had "Made in China" on it.

The company were not at all trying to hide it or confuse customers and were honest about it when asked, but I know some people felt ripped off.  I don't share those opinions though - read the fine print and stand on the board first if you can.

That said, I think things might have settled down a lot now since the 2020 issues with supply, covid shut downs and anything else that happened in that year.

Production seems back to normal for all the big suppliers, almost an excess of decks in skateshops right now actually, but always check the stickers and pics, ask the shop if they don't have anything up or details available and if you are not buying in person at the shop and if you are unsure, wait and buy from somewhere that does answer back, or can help you with information.
OK, that's what I thought in general, but always good to have a confirmation. In fact I had a doubt while I was considering the AWS Owlien Twin because for this one the brand is proud to say "Proprietary Twin Shape", so I guess they produce this kind of board exclusively in the BBS woodshop...

Here is the page of the AWS Frankie Spears symmetrical model (the original Owlien Twin is no longer in the catalog)  :
https://www.alienworkshop.com/products/frankie-revelation-8-375-8-5?_pos=1&_sid=595b573e4&_ss=r
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 02:42:37 AM by Solex »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

OK, that's what I thought in general, but always good to have a confirmation. In fact I had a doubt while I was considering the AWS Owlien Twin because for this one the brand is proud to say "Proprietary Twin Shape", so I guess they produce this kind of board exclusively in the BBS woodshop...

Here is the page of the AWS Frankie Spears symmetrical model (the original Owlien Twin is no longer in the catalog)  :
https://www.alienworkshop.com/products/frankie-revelation-8-375-8-5?_pos=1&_sid=595b573e4&_ss=r

I have one of the Owlien and the shape sure is big and long and square, long kicks on it.

That is pretty cool with the 360 view of the deck too.

Solex

Expand Quote

[close]

I have one of the Owlien and the shape sure is big and long and square, long kicks on it.

Sorry for the dumb question, but does this tend to confirm that this board is BBS wood worldwide?

Yeah 360 views are pretty cool!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 03:36:01 AM by Solex »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Sorry for the dumb question, but does this tend to confirm that this board is BBS wood worldwide?

I know a lot of brand websites are all based on US orders and are from locations in the USA, so as far as those boards that come from their location, along with any that are in shops in the US, as well as the boards here in AU, they are all BBS made but I am not sure about any other places, in particular Asia and European countries.

From going back over some info, one guy did say that the AWS decks he got were BBS, but someone else said their board was Dwindle, so apart from that being from a year or more ago, I couldn't say about the current state of things there.

The best thing to do is check if any of the local shops stock AWS or Habitat, or contact any shops you might buy from that you cannot get to in person and just ask if they have BBS / Made in Mexico boards.  If they reply yes, then you are good to go, but if they don't reply or say they have a different sticker or something on them that would mean they are from HLC or China, then I would be a bit more wary.

Edit:

This one says Made in Mexico on the info, so I would say you should be good here:

https://www.freedomskateshop.at/de/skate/skateboard/decks/alien-workshop-visitor-8-5-deck

« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 04:59:57 AM by Woodshop »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

From the "Do the FA / Hockey / AWS / Habitat / Quasi decks have the same shape?" thread:

Expand Quote

From anther thread, same question, so here is the same answer.

I feel like those shapes that AWS and Habitat use are exclusive to them, as no one else seems to have that same shape going on right now.  From one deck of the same size (8.5) they were the same, but I couldn't say for everything in their range, but I am assuming they are, given they are run from the same place and have the same listed dimensions on their websites.

The older boards in normal shapes were the same as DLX shapes and sizes (of which I still have some) but they haven't done those more normal shapes in a while and everything I have seen lately from both brands have been pretty much the same, medium long blunt or squared off kicks with short wheelbases on the BBS made boards.

Both do seem to be different on other wood from various places round the world, with different shapes too, so just be aware of that.  They are BBS in USA and here in AU, but EU might have a mix as does South Americas and Asian areas, as per people's comments about it.

To add to that, PS Stix does WKND and Quasi so it is a different woodshop and those shapes are significantly different, with PS Stix boards having significantly shorter tails than the BBS boards for AWS and Habitat, just for starters.

If you like shorter tails, try WKND, Quasi or FA / Hockey but if you prefer longer tails, then AWS and Habitat will work better for you.
[close]

Is there another brand that shares the exact shape of gx?

What are you riding I would love to know? Are you sticking to one brand and shape or are you switching it up all the time?

What size or shape of GX1000 are you thinking of, as a lot of brands will have generic shapes for some boards and specific shapes for others, just like the WKND list.

As much as I am able to try a lot of different boards, either stand on them or skate them as people I know ride almost anything and everything, as well as getting back a lot of used boards from people I know, my personal preference is very limited to only a couple of specific shapes as my daily rider, even though I have a lot of boards from many different brands and woodshops in the place I have my shop nowdays, which is part of an indoor / outdoor skatepark.

I cannot ride anything but the most mellow of kicks (old broken ankles) and even flatten some boards more just to have a tail that I can skate and not have issue with but all my main boards are BBS wood in either 8.38 or 8.5 with 14.5 wheelbase and at least 32.25 or longer.

That said, I do have a number of other boards as cruisers and weird setups, just to use as try out boards and skate every now and then too, mainly so I can help anyone if they are asking for something specific, or to use as a "try before you buy" type of thing, so I am constantly changing things around, trying this with that, making more boards up as some move or get taken apart if someone wants something.

Solex

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I know a lot of brand websites are all based on US orders and are from locations in the USA, so as far as those boards that come from their location, along with any that are in shops in the US, as well as the boards here in AU, they are all BBS made but I am not sure about any other places, in particular Asia and European countries.

From going back over some info, one guy did say that the AWS decks he got were BBS, but someone else said their board was Dwindle, so apart from that being from a year or more ago, I couldn't say about the current state of things there.

The best thing to do is check if any of the local shops stock AWS or Habitat, or contact any shops you might buy from that you cannot get to in person and just ask if they have BBS / Made in Mexico boards.  If they reply yes, then you are good to go, but if they don't reply or say they have a different sticker or something on them that would mean they are from HLC or China, then I would be a bit more wary.
OK, so it's not clear...

Thanks!

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
OK, so it's not clear...

Thanks!

You missed the edit...

Edit:

This one says Made in Mexico on the info, so I would say you should be good here:

https://www.freedomskateshop.at/de/skate/skateboard/decks/alien-workshop-visitor-8-5-deck

Solex

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
OK, so it's not clear...

Thanks!
[close]

You missed the edit...

Edit:

Don't waste your time with that stuff, I was just curious! I finally ordered a crail G069 and I'm happy with it so far.

Many thanks anyway!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 08:41:09 AM by Solex »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

Don't waste your time with that stuff, I was just curious! I finally ordered a crail G069 and I'm happy with it so far.

Many thanks anyway!

Ha yeah, not a worry either way.

If I got kick backs from brands I recommended it might be different, but I have no affiliations with anyone or anything and just like searching out and finding things when I am able.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
From the "Questions" thread:

Another excellent Japanese skate shop that lists all deck details and more.

https://www.californiastreet.net/

Now this is more detail than I have ever seen from any other shop, even saying which way the BAKER name runs on the board (and don't mind the browser translation, just appreciate the info):

https://www.californiastreet.net/c/brand/brand-b/baker/de-ba-bl-bkwt84-o

ANDREW REYNOLDS's skateboard deck brand BAKER.

The product of this place becomes graphic "B" nose, "R" tail, it becomes.

Length 80.9cm Width 21.4cm Nose 18.4cm Tail 17.0cm
Wheel base 35.7cm Concave Medium / Kick Medium

The shop is also very honest about where they source blanks for their shop decks from (the unstained wood decks are from DSM, the black painted decks are from BBS.) Not sure where the Todd Francis and other collabo decks are sourced from though.

https://www.californiastreet.net/c/skateboard/deck/deck-c/deck-californiastreet

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1961
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Are Pizza decks back on PS Stix? Signature top markings and sticker.

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Pizza_Tri_Logo_Deck/descpage-PZTL81DK.html

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

@rocklobster

Nice find.

Maybe someone was getting over the other wood they were on, or who knows what.

From the shortages and issues around 2020 to 2021, I guess a lot of companies got wood from where ever they could, but do seem to be settling back to what they were on before, in many cases.

Also interesting the close up of some of the boards have a more generic PS Stix laser engraving and others have the words PIZZA SKATEBOARDS on them.

I also noticed they have the nail dot on the board too.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

I had meant to upload these close ups the other day, but realised I hadn't yet.

Dwindle boards, also with the nail dot and the usual info too.

I noted to that these were a different nail head dot to the other boards that were "unknown" with Made in China stickers on them, but that is not to say that they don't come from Dwindle.

Just an interesting thing to check, until anyone can actually confirm where the others are from, I am still guessing they are Dalian Hauhong as per the video of them making Toy Machine decks, but that could all have changed in the last year or more with any other manufacturing woodshop in China making the boards, including a Dwindle setup as well.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

Another interesting thing I just noticed too.

The new Element pricepoint decks do not have the natural wood and BBS markings, instead having a very generic look which I associate with "Made in China" boards, as per the close up below.

The normal boards are still showing BBS on them, but this one also has the red warning sticker removed for the close up, which would usually have "Made in..." shown on it.

Just another interesting thing to note, with a number of companies now looking like they have the pro boards on BBS and the cheaper versions and pricepoint boards from a different woodshop entirely.

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Element_Seal_Black_Deck/descpage-ELSL825DK.html

Edit:

Found a pro board with those same markings, and can see "Made in China" on the sticker which is still on this board too.

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Element_Garcia_Out_There_Deck/descpage-ELGOTDK.html

Solex

From the "Questions" thread:

Another excellent Japanese skate shop that lists all deck details and more.

https://www.californiastreet.net/
Another pretty good website in my opinion :

https://www.skatedeluxe.com/fr/planches-skate

For each board you can find :
Width
Lenght
Wheelbase
Nose
Tail
Concave evaluation
Some construction informations (single deck press, epoxy...)
And a pretty good side view to evaluate the concave and the steepness.

On a side note they also provide some interesting informations about the trucks like the height and the axle width (but sadly not always true...).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 02:53:27 AM by Solex »

Chronic85

https://www.skatedeluxe.com/fr/planches-skate

For each board you can find :
Width
Lenght
Wheelbase
Nose
Tail
Concave evaluation
Some construction informations (single deck press, epoxy...)
And a pretty good side view to evaluate the concave and the steepness.

On a side note they also provide some interesting informations about the trucks like the height and the axle width (but sadly not always true...).

Be careful with Skatedeluxe, the sizes on their site are pretty off every time i compared them to the "real" sizes on the manufacturers websites.
My guess is they just provide some numbers and dont measure every single deck since they're more corporate with big amounts of Hardware..

Solex

Be careful with Skatedeluxe, the sizes on their site are pretty off every time i compared them to the "real" sizes on the manufacturers websites.
My guess is they just provide some numbers and dont measure every single deck since they're more corporate with big amounts of Hardware..
Don't really know, but measurments provided by brands/manufacturers are also quite often weird or wrong for sure. :D

Maybe I'm wrong, but despite they seems quite big and probably not skater owned, I think they really want to provide some useful informations to the customer, otherwise they probably won't shoot those good quality side views, I guess...

Please let me hope!

Anyway, I think it's always important to compare with multiple sources before any online purchase...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 04:09:10 AM by Solex »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

Speaking of Skate Deluxe...

two different measurements on this one
skatedeluxe says
8.75/31.75/14.25wb
tactics says
8.75/31.74/13.94wb

The irony is that all those Element boards have the dimensions laser etched into the top of the board, but more often than not what they give to shops in terms of information and even on the Element sites are sometimes not the correct dimensions, so I don't quite know how they can be so bad at this.

Comparisons:

https://www.skatedeluxe.com/en/element-daley-demon-8-875-skateboard-deck-white_p153344

https://www.tactics.com/element/sascha-demon-8875-skateboard-deck

So from looking at the close up on Skate Deluxe, it actually has "Made in Europe" as the first line, so it is not the usual BBS board, or at least this one is not, the width and length on the second line and the nose, tail and wb on the third line, but it is too hard to make out in that pic.

I would say that it appears to be 8.75 x 31.75, N 7.12 T 6.44 WB 14 as there doesn't look like there are enough characters for the 14.25 or even 13.94 or something at the end.

Close up on Tactics shows "Built by BBS" and although it was hard to make out details, it does look like N 7.0, T 6.5 and enough room for 13.94 wb on the printing there, so it could be different to the EU version.

So I went for a look for anything else too, Element Demon deck being the key words that worked best, with some curious results but I wonder if the different countries make what could be the same board with different woodshops, BBS in USA, HLC in Europe and have different boards / different sizes.

All up I would say that the 14 wb is about right, but really could be 14.25 or under 14 still.

The So Cal shop measurements just seem like they are for a different board entirely, but who knows.

https://www.elementbrand.ie/sascha-demon-8.75%2522-skateboard-deck-C4DCB5ELP2.html

W: 8.875" x L: 31.75"
Wheel Base: 14"

https://socalskateshop.com/Element-Sascha-Daley-Demon-Shaped-Skateboard-Deck-8875x325.html

Deck Specs:
Width: 8.875"
Length: 32.5"
Wheelbase: 15"
Nose: 6.5"
Tail: 6.75"

https://www.tristarskateboards.com/product/element-sascha-daley-demon-deck/

8.875 X 31.74
No mention of wheelbase, but the shorter length alone should mean it is about 14

Skate Deluxe (Made in Europe) deck

Tactics (Made in Mexico) deck

SlapMcKracken

• Rep: 92
So annoying that when I look up, let’s say GX Decks in different Shops they all list different measurements.
Same deck and different length / different wheelbase.

Same with the AWS decks I checked.

Pisses me off.

Do GX and Quasi have the same shape btw? Or Wknd? Cause when I check their lengths and wheelbase with 8.1 decks they are pretty much the same and they are all ps
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 03:11:07 PM by SlapMcKracken »

ish_wav

• Rep: 100
New Revive decks seem to be on BBS wood. This 8.25 in particular has a 14.25 wheelbase

length measurements tape pressed against deck vs not

« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 03:55:10 PM by ish_wav »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
So annoying that when I look up, let’s say GX Decks in different Shops they all list different measurements.

Pisses me off.

Do GX and Quasi have the same shape btw? Or Wknd? Cause when I check their lengths and wheelbase with 8.1 decks they are pretty much the same and they are all ps

The hardest thing too is some shops might not be measuring the boards at all and just list the info they were given, while others might measure them, or maybe measure them in different ways, eg the length straight across will always be shorter than the length going with the concave.

At least width and wheelbase should be the two main things that do not really change much, if at all, so those are the measurements I would be going with, more so than overall length.

As to the shapes, I haven't really seen many of the smaller boards in any of those brands, besides online, so they all look fairly similar with no notable differences, definitely nothing that really stands out, eg one really pointy and one really squared off or anything.

Given they are all PS Stix, as you said, there could be slight differences, but with decent pictures, you should be able to see well enough, if you cannot see them or buy in person in a skate shop.

Sorry I can't recall you saying, but are you in US, EU or elsewhere?

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
New Revive decks seem to be on BBS wood. This 8.25 in particular has a 14.25 wheelbase

length measurements tape pressed against deck vs not

That worked.

I edited the initial post, so if you go in and have a look at the format, you can see how it works.

Usually to just use the the "Add image to post" directly under the text box, it will fill in all the details for you.

* Ha yeah, I see you got it.

Good job!

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
Gallant getting into to OEM production game

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1961
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Gallant getting into to OEM production game

Good looking out @TwisT - hopefully this venture doesn't implode like AD, much lower risk than actually running a woodshop.

Was browsing the Habitat page and looks like they are using a combination of PS Stix and BBS.

BBS (I think) - https://habitatskateboards.com/collections/decks/products/suciu-soty-8-25-8-375

The 8.38 comes in a custom "Proprietary symmetrical shape", another option for guys struggling to find Ishod TT

PS Stix - https://habitatskateboards.com/collections/decks/products/twin-peaks-diorama-sheriff-dept-8-125

Could just be their collab decks.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

That one is weird, but I think there had been a few boards at the start of last year that were specifically PS Stix while all the rest were BBS or something.

I cannot remember right now, but I think even their header had tops of boards of both woodshops showing a while back.

SlapMcKracken

• Rep: 92
Expand Quote

Pisses me off.

[close]

The hardest thing too is some shops might not be measuring the boards at all and just list the info they were given, while others might measure them, or maybe measure them in different ways, eg the length straight across will always be shorter than the length going with the concave.

At least width and wheelbase should be the two main things that do not really change much, if at all, so those are the measurements I would be going with, more so than overall length.

As to the shapes, I haven't really seen many of the smaller boards in any of those brands, besides online, so they all look fairly similar with no notable differences, definitely nothing that really stands out, eg one really pointy and one really squared off or anything.

Given they are all PS Stix, as you said, there could be slight differences, but with decent pictures, you should be able to see well enough, if you cannot see them or buy in person in a skate shop.

Sorry I can't recall you saying, but are you in US, EU or elsewhere?

Europe!

Yeah; I’ll just check the Brands websites from now on to doublecheck, Instead of just relying  on the skateshops.

Checked the gx and quasi site and it seems like they are really exact the same. Don’t know the nose and tail lengths  though.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

Looks like some more Foundation and Toy Machine updates required, after seeing a good Toy Machine board in the setup thread just now.

I hadn't looked at the pics of new boards for a bit, but thought I should.

They still seem to be "unknown" with Made in China on the stickers here in AU, but from Skate Warehouse, the latest Foundation boards are all with "Made in Mexico" stickers which are given to be BBS, as well as half the Toy Machine boards being the same BBS and some being PS Stix.  There didn't look like any new team boards, all those still looking like the other / unknown type boards, going by the stickers, nail dot or top pics.

Probably not really news to people in USA, but I am curious to hear if anyone outside of the US has seen either lately to see if they have changed or are still whatever the local country or distributor puts them on.

These look like really good shapes too.

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Foundation_Glick_Head_Roll_Deck/descpage-FOGHRDK.html

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Toy_Leabres_Romero_TB_Smoker_Deck/descpage-TMLRTSDK.html

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Toy_Dashawn_Iron_Deck/descpage-TMDJIRDK.html

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Toy_Machine_Dashawn_Sect_vs_LA_Deck/descpage-TMDSLDK.html

Not showing as new, but not so old team board also PS Stix

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Toy_Machine_Pattern_Logo_Deck/descpage-TMPL80DK.html

« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 10:14:21 PM by Woodshop »

LewFarrell

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 140
Expand Quote

from what I can tell the only the world name, logo, flameboy, wetwilly & devil man, are licensed out, with Dwindle keeping the rest of the library for other products.

Also, is it safe to make the assumption that the raw blanks I got from blankdecks.com with the same 2 stamp came from control? The last control board I got was from TGM, it was point with a mellow concave and a shorter wheelbase., no stamp, but the control sticker. This one had an 14..25 base with flat concave.
[close]

Interesting about World Industries.  They seem like they are putting out a lot of boards, but all up it might not be that many when compared to other brands by today's standards.

Re that pic and boards with number stamps

I would most likely have to say yes, but I really don't know much about them.  There are different numbers stamped on the boards, at least those known to be from Control woodshop.

The one Studio deck I had was a 3 and there is a pic on the first page from Rocklobster with a 6 which is interesting, but I don't know what they mean, be it the press or the shape, or even something else.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=120409.msg3729112#msg3729112

I asked Control about the numbers, they indicate the mould that was used.