Author Topic: Huf is done  (Read 80007 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
Re: Huf is done
« Reply #330 on: April 19, 2019, 06:24:11 PM »
He sure seems to be trying to be a pro skater with all that footage he’s put out since 2013

Does he have a board sponsor? Figured he'd end up on Pas~Port or FA/Hockey

But he does need to put out footage
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

honey island

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #331 on: April 19, 2019, 07:00:05 PM »
lol sammy isn't getting on anything, he got kicked of huf over 6 months ago, is 33, and has a full time job.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #332 on: April 19, 2019, 07:00:49 PM »
Going to start a prediction list:

Austin Gillette - Converse, or maybe Common Projects starts doing skate shoes or something
Josh Matthews - State or Adidas Pro Flow (Silas/Oregon connection)
Brad Cromer - Converse fully on. Brad was skating in classic Cons in Krook3d days. Meant to be.
Dan Plunkett - Back to Nike flow, maybe a TM role (Skate Mental Connect)
Tyler Bledsoe - Nike Flow, maybe Lakai fully on in a Lakai attempt to diversify and give the people what they want.
Joey Pepper - Back to Converse pro flow
Dick Rizzo - Nike fully on, Dick and Josh Wilson Nike/Quasi shared part with collab Blazer colorway
Jake Anderson - Vans weird pro flow team (Axel, Greyson etc.) from Curren connection
Justin Drysen - Adidas flow then gets fully on Globe via SML Wheels connection. Leaves Quasi, Ends up on Almost team
Salomon Cardenas - Maybe State or Back to Nike flow, fully on in a year.
Sammy Winter - Vans Aus Team

my guess would be none of these will happen. con's aint adding anyone else this year

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #333 on: April 19, 2019, 07:05:44 PM »

I never really saw anything special from huf and there were a few shoe designs that were straight rip off of other shoes

Like the huf “galaxy” we’re basically a knock off of the busenitz vulc, the hupper 2 straight look exactly like Jack parcels, the hufnagel 2 I’ve seen before but can’t remeber what shoe had the design first

I always had this feeling too that huf was just a trend brand wannabe, like they wanna be in the ranks of supreme, bronze, palace, and those guys(yes I know huf had a collab with bronze) but they just aren’t that kind of brand

They made their name with the weed socks then the shoes, I know a lot of you guys like the shoes but idk...the brand just seemed like it was trying so hard

How is Bronze even within the realm of Palace or Supreme?  Bronze is rad, but kind of more like a fun company.  Palace and Supreme are huge fashion houses.  Huf shoes were nothing special.  They are probably better off as a clothing brand. 

Soft Boiled

• Rep: 21
« Reply #334 on: April 19, 2019, 07:07:18 PM »
Going to start a prediction list:

Austin Gillette - Converse, or maybe Common Projects starts doing skate shoes or something
Josh Matthews - State or Adidas Pro Flow (Silas/Oregon connection)
Brad Cromer - Converse fully on. Brad was skating in classic Cons in Krook3d days. Meant to be.
Dan Plunkett - Back to Nike flow, maybe a TM role (Skate Mental Connect)
Tyler Bledsoe - Nike Flow, maybe Lakai fully on in a Lakai attempt to diversify and give the people what they want.
Joey Pepper - Back to Converse pro flow
Dick Rizzo - Nike fully on, Dick and Josh Wilson Nike/Quasi shared part with collab Blazer colorway
Jake Anderson - Vans weird pro flow team (Axel, Greyson etc.) from Curren connection
Justin Drysen - Adidas flow then gets fully on Globe via SML Wheels connection. Leaves Quasi, Ends up on Almost team
Salomon Cardenas - Maybe State or Back to Nike flow, fully on in a year.
Sammy Winter - Vans Aus Team
This is well put together and the logic for each pick makes sense. As I read each one, I was thinking yeah that sounds about right. Like Vans and Cons, Nike has a weird Pro-flow program, where dudes are not listed anywhere, but they’ll appear in Vids and ads. Dick Rizzo and Josh Wilson Quasi Blazer would be sick. I can see it.

FROTHY

« Reply #335 on: April 19, 2019, 07:15:14 PM »
Not sure what this Joey Pepper getting a sponsor talk is about. We all like him, but nah.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #336 on: April 19, 2019, 07:50:48 PM »
Anyone in here who claims they could tell me a single trick Sammy Winter has ever done is just as deluded as everyone who thinks Huf was/is "skater-owned."
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

basketballball

• Rep: -12
« Reply #337 on: April 19, 2019, 08:08:09 PM »
Anyone in here who claims they could tell me a single trick Sammy Winter has ever done is just as deluded as everyone who thinks Huf was/is "skater-owned."

But this chick gave birth to his pro model whiskey

take my rep away

Barf The Mog

« Reply #338 on: April 19, 2019, 11:16:01 PM »
Fuck that was horrible. How can the skateboarding universe gods allow people to make videos where they act like ass clowns straight from Hell's pulsating butthole do "My Ride" videos? What the fuck? Never sponsor dudes who make "my ride" videos. Never.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 11:25:42 PM by Barf The Mog »

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #339 on: April 20, 2019, 01:01:10 AM »
Expand Quote

I never really saw anything special from huf and there were a few shoe designs that were straight rip off of other shoes

Like the huf “galaxy” we’re basically a knock off of the busenitz vulc, the hupper 2 straight look exactly like Jack parcels, the hufnagel 2 I’ve seen before but can’t remeber what shoe had the design first

I always had this feeling too that huf was just a trend brand wannabe, like they wanna be in the ranks of supreme, bronze, palace, and those guys(yes I know huf had a collab with bronze) but they just aren’t that kind of brand

They made their name with the weed socks then the shoes, I know a lot of you guys like the shoes but idk...the brand just seemed like it was trying so hard
[close]

How is Bronze even within the realm of Palace or Supreme?  Bronze is rad, but kind of more like a fun company.  Palace and Supreme are huge fashion houses.  Huf shoes were nothing special.  They are probably better off as a clothing brand.

Haha cause you know, resale value

Just kidding but idk, I get the “limited stock and trending” vibe off bronze stuff
yes

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
« Reply #340 on: April 20, 2019, 02:13:24 AM »
Fuck that was horrible. How can the skateboarding universe gods allow people to make videos where they act like ass clowns straight from Hell's pulsating butthole do "My Ride" videos? What the fuck? Never sponsor dudes who make "my ride" videos. Never.

I actually actively avoid this video. I saw it before I saw a video part and honestly, I disliked him because of how he presents himself.

That being said, I really enjoyed his Bon Voyage part
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
« Reply #341 on: April 20, 2019, 07:47:01 AM »
Honestly, other than Austyn and Cromer, sadly, I doubt any of these dudes get fully on anything.

That said, I'm giving all my shoe money to State from now on cuz real talk I'm so core yall.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1103
« Reply #342 on: April 20, 2019, 08:48:39 AM »

That was nothing compared to Guy’s my ride. Most skaters should be seen not heard.

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 111
« Reply #343 on: April 20, 2019, 09:34:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That was nothing compared to Guy’s my ride. Most skaters should be seen not heard.

holy shit how painful- almost makes you wonder if getting back on drugs would make him less insufferable
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #344 on: April 20, 2019, 10:33:11 AM »
Austyn not having a shoe or board sponsor in 2019 is like Jed Anderson not having a boot or board sponsor until like two months ago, absolutely crazy
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

euro tm

« Reply #345 on: April 20, 2019, 10:37:09 AM »

hahahaha true

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #346 on: April 20, 2019, 12:10:17 PM »
He sure seems to be trying to be a pro skater with all that footage he’s put out since 2013

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #347 on: April 20, 2019, 04:10:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I actually actively avoid this video. I saw it before I saw a video part and honestly, I disliked him because of how he presents himself.

That being said, I really enjoyed his Bon Voyage part

Needed more cigarette b-roll and cameos of his cool friends.
Dude looked/skated like someone in 2014 with a Dylan fan tumblr.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #348 on: April 21, 2019, 03:38:34 PM »

Was gonna post in the shoes/ gear thread
But this thread seems most fitting

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #349 on: April 22, 2019, 10:52:30 AM »
The riders have known the brand was done for a while, according to the interview, and none of them are on anything different yet. They might all have a hard time finding new shoe sponsors.

Or they’re waiting to announce it until Huf is officially folded and they stop getting paid from their Huf contract?

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #350 on: April 22, 2019, 11:06:57 AM »
Expand Quote
The riders have known the brand was done for a while, according to the interview, and none of them are on anything different yet. They might all have a hard time finding new shoe sponsors.
[close]

Or they’re waiting to announce it until Huf is officially folded and they stop getting paid from their Huf contract?

From the Huf Interview
Where does that leave the team and your riders?
It’s case by case with every rider, but we are trying to make sure we keep the team together, and strengthen our team and be more engaged as an apparel sponsor moving forward.

We also did something unheard of. We told our riders a year in advance that this is happening and we’re going to support them all the way through 2019. Like, hey, you should start looking for a shoe sponsor, and if they want to ride for another team, I’ll rip up the contract right now.

I think we’re being a good company by doing that and helping them out, instead of being like January 1st, 2019, “We’re done, nobody gets a check, no more trips, fuck you guys.” That’s not the attitude we want. We want to go out right.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #351 on: April 22, 2019, 11:32:26 AM »

I’m going to be doing something like this myself. I felt like a part of my identity was stripped when I heard this news/rumors back in November. I have a TON of the Huf models I liked, many unworn. Once Brad, Dylan and Austyn were on one team and they made the Sutter and gave those guys shoes, I was hooked. One of the reps use to send me shoes here and there, not because I’m good at skating by any means, but because he knew how much I liked the brand and used to push it at the shop I used to work at.

Side note: Austyn on Cons would be surprising since he tried awhile back. He talks about it on the Bunt. Plus that would bum me out a bit because I’m not sure as to how much I like those shoes.....

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #352 on: April 22, 2019, 11:36:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

From the Huf Interview
Expand Quote
Where does that leave the team and your riders?
It’s case by case with every rider, but we are trying to make sure we keep the team together, and strengthen our team and be more engaged as an apparel sponsor moving forward.

We also did something unheard of. We told our riders a year in advance that this is happening and we’re going to support them all the way through 2019. Like, hey, you should start looking for a shoe sponsor, and if they want to ride for another team, I’ll rip up the contract right now.

I think we’re being a good company by doing that and helping them out, instead of being like January 1st, 2019, “We’re done, nobody gets a check, no more trips, fuck you guys.” That’s not the attitude we want. We want to go out right.
[close]

That doesn’t contradict my point.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #353 on: April 22, 2019, 11:43:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’m going to be doing something like this myself. I felt like a part of my identity was stripped when I heard this news/rumors back in November. I have a TON of the Huf models I liked, many unworn. Once Brad, Dylan and Austyn were on one team and they made the Sutter and gave those guys shoes, I was hooked. One of the reps use to send me shoes here and there, not because I’m good at skating by any means, but because he knew how much I liked the brand and used to push it at the shop I used to work at.

Side note: Austyn on Cons would be surprising since he tried awhile back. He talks about it on the Bunt. Plus that would bum me out a bit because I’m not sure as to how much I like those shoes.....

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #354 on: April 22, 2019, 12:03:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i wish i could sig this

Lucid Fur

• Rep: -83
« Reply #355 on: April 22, 2019, 12:44:11 PM »
I felt like a part of my identity was stripped when I heard this news/rumors back in November.
Holy shit. Nauseating.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #356 on: April 22, 2019, 03:09:09 PM »
Skateboarding is like 50% brand/idol worship! stop pretending youre any different
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #357 on: April 22, 2019, 04:10:04 PM »
Yeah, it’s funny! I know you guys get where I’m coming from.

Lucid Fur

• Rep: -83
« Reply #358 on: April 22, 2019, 07:42:54 PM »
Skateboarding is like 50% brand/idol worship! stop pretending youre any different
You think this because you are this way. In reality, the majority of people that ride skateboards don't care at all.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #359 on: April 22, 2019, 08:26:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You think this because you are this way. In reality, the majority of people that ride skateboards don't care at all.

Yes, they do.