Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231200 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #990 on: April 15, 2021, 06:55:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://televisistarcatalog.com/

surprised these guys haven't bent mentioned, keen to try a pair of the filmer jeans

any one heard of them or have any thoughts on the brand ?
[close]

Never heard of this brand either, but lord these look sick: https://televisistarcatalog.com/collections/pants/products/classic-filmer-sunflower-black-denim-white-stitching

If those Enjoi jeans I ordered don't work out, I may consider ordering a pair of these. Would love to see how they look on someone first though!
[close]

hit up their IG pages, they look pretty dope, and since i been following them they've blown up a fair bit, theres a few pros getting into it

its quite a small team i think that do it all themselves, and theyll do custom shit as well

they look fucking sick on this dude

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNBvermBa-D/?igshid=1tzw9alucwuhx
[close]

Televisi Star is a brand out of Bali and they dude rules! They make everything by hand in at least in the beginning and theyre a really high quality pair of corduroys with a soft interior, really nice to skate.
[close]

The Bali skate scene continues is sick. Skate with this crew some time. A lot of great brands here! Televisi star brand pants are fire though!
[close]

down to order a pant at some point, hope shipping to europe isn't too expensive, but from experience i won't hold my breath haha. still would be worth to me to support those dudes.

My local back home did some Collab pants with them, dunno if they still have them in stock tho, couldn't find them in their web store.  :-\
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGr3C34HHtH/

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #991 on: April 15, 2021, 09:32:09 PM »
Anyone know of a good lightweight pant that fits like an XL polar surf pant with less taper (wouldnt mind less baggy in the thigh too). Polar karate pants are great but impossible to find. Preferably elastic waist since I'm a true 34 and feel like I'd have to size up too much on normal pants with belt loops.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #992 on: April 15, 2021, 11:23:33 PM »
Maybe you should just start fucking with gi's.....

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #993 on: April 16, 2021, 02:42:39 AM »
Anyone know of a good lightweight pant that fits like an XL polar surf pant with less taper (wouldnt mind less baggy in the thigh too). Polar karate pants are great but impossible to find. Preferably elastic waist since I'm a true 34 and feel like I'd have to size up too much on normal pants with belt loops.

Dude polar sizing is torture. I’m a 29 waist 33 length and I really wish they had more options for tall dudes with small waists. Kind of tired having to shrink their pants thru several washes.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #994 on: April 17, 2021, 01:45:59 PM »
Ditch those polars for silvertabs fellas. Best pants for the past 30 years hands down. Why buy anything else

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #995 on: April 17, 2021, 01:57:33 PM »
Ditch those polars for silvertabs fellas. Best pants for the past 30 years hands down. Why buy anything else

because they are unavailable where you live.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #996 on: April 18, 2021, 09:19:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ebay, Depop, Grailed, your local thrift. They are literally everywhere

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #997 on: April 18, 2021, 09:29:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

there are like two pairs on ebay where i live and those are womens models/bootcuts. if i type in silvertab in depop right now i get two models, one seems to be a womens model. local thrift is closed because of the pandemic, but they mostly don't have baggy jeans or are after other levis jeans, like any 501. grailed isn't bad, but for the price including shipping to europe i can get a brand new pair of pants over here or just buy a stay loose. i guess there's just not that many silvertabs going around in europe than in the us.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #998 on: April 18, 2021, 09:30:46 AM »
Just got some Carhartt Relaxed fit denim. They are the exact cut as the 550s. Hoping for better quality. Blew out the ass and had a year from the zipper down the inseam in less than 6 months in the Levi's.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #999 on: April 23, 2021, 10:09:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
To be fair, I've never seen a pair at thrift stores that weren't some overly large waist size. I've been scouring eBay for pairs, but they're either super overpriced ($50-80 easily) or they're way too tapered.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #1000 on: April 23, 2021, 11:35:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Does anybody have any feedback on the Cookman chefs pants? I think I’m going to order a pair here soon. The Cord versions and regular cotton twill look pretty nice.  I remember seeing someone post about them, but nothing came up when I searched for it.
[close]

Knew nothing of cookman but after your post I checked out the site. Def gonna swoop some up. I’ve been eyeing these https://serviceworks.xyz/  for a while now and since they are in Europe I haven’t ordered. So cookman is a go. Thank you. Gnarred.

Just pulled the trigger on 5 pairs of cookman. They have a decent enough return policy. 5 pair cost the same as 2 Polar surf pants and they have more color options. Will report back once they arrive.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #1001 on: April 23, 2021, 04:34:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does anybody have any feedback on the Cookman chefs pants? I think I’m going to order a pair here soon. The Cord versions and regular cotton twill look pretty nice.  I remember seeing someone post about them, but nothing came up when I searched for it.
[close]

Knew nothing of cookman but after your post I checked out the site. Def gonna swoop some up. I’ve been eyeing these https://serviceworks.xyz/  for a while now and since they are in Europe I haven’t ordered. So cookman is a go. Thank you. Gnarred.
[close]

Just pulled the trigger on 5 pairs of cookman. They have a decent enough return policy. 5 pair cost the same as 2 Polar surf pants and they have more color options. Will report back once they arrive.
I saw your post in the Polar pants thread and thought you were joking! Could you post fit pics too? I'm curious about Cookman pants but it seems like they taper a lot more than what I like.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #1002 on: April 23, 2021, 05:09:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I saw your post in the Polar pants thread and thought you were joking! Could you post fit pics too? I'm curious about Cookman pants but it seems like they taper a lot more than what I like.
yo for what it’s worth they now have a wide legged option on the cookman site. been curious about these as well. seen some photos/videos about the regular fit ones and they seem kinda like a skinny fit?? not like surf pants in my personal opinion

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1003 on: April 23, 2021, 06:12:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I got you for sure. I usually wear a small in polar sized up to a medium for these after checking the measurements chart. Worst case I end up returning. Best case some sick pants at a decent price.
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #1004 on: April 24, 2021, 03:53:25 AM »
Grabbed some of the Butter Goods Santosuosso jeans recently, and would say they run big. I'm usually a 33 waist, but buy 34 for extra room and mobility. I bought these in 32 and they're still loose around the waist, so I'm using the built-in drawstring.
Super baggy through the thigh, but taper pretty hard. If i can find somewhere locally that could match the stitching enough for my fussy tastes I might get them taken up 3-4 inches for less stacking, and then the taper will be less severe. Still, I'm very happy with them. The quality is great, like all their stuff, and looks like they'll last really well. The denim is thick and soft, they're going to be great for winter, but probably just going to be my favourite jeans for chilling and going out. I imagine they could take a beating if i skated them but they'd be too hot to skate in where I live, even in winter.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1005 on: April 24, 2021, 06:18:31 AM »
i will probably order this two pack, no idea about thighs and stuff, but two for 30 euros is one hell of a deal. could be great for skating and work.

https://www.engelbert-strauss.de/bundhosen/bundhose-basic-2er-pack-3310360-90135-35.html

Rollbrettfetischist

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1006 on: April 24, 2021, 07:11:54 AM »
i will probably order this two pack, no idea about thighs and stuff, but two for 30 euros is one hell of a deal. could be great for skating and work.

https://www.engelbert-strauss.de/bundhosen/bundhose-basic-2er-pack-3310360-90135-35.html

Sooo geil, Frank! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Engelbert strauß. Ist aber tatsächlich eine Überlegung wert bei dem Preis.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1007 on: April 24, 2021, 08:00:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sooo geil, Frank! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Engelbert strauß. Ist aber tatsächlich eine Überlegung wert bei dem Preis.

hahaha ja mann, ich muss auch ein bischen lachen bei dem gedanken. aber die hose sieht cool aus. die jacke dazu ist auch ziemlich geil XD gibts auch im twopack. ausserdem wollte ich mir eh ein paar signalwesten bestellen hahaha.

"what the fuck are these germans talking about?"
-the brand is corny, it's not really a cool workwear brand like dickies or carhartt, it's a dorkwear brand. most of their stuff is hideous and plastered in hivis elements and way too many pockets.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #1008 on: April 24, 2021, 10:05:41 AM »
What's the sizing like on Quasi fatigue pants? They are described as loose but in photos they look more straight/relaxed

Marsellus Wallace

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1009 on: April 26, 2021, 12:50:14 PM »

need a review!!!
and post a fit

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1010 on: April 26, 2021, 01:27:00 PM »
Grabbed some of the Butter Goods Santosuosso jeans recently, and would say they run big. I'm usually a 33 waist, but buy 34 for extra room and mobility. I bought these in 32 and they're still loose around the waist, so I'm using the built-in drawstring.
Super baggy through the thigh, but taper pretty hard. If i can find somewhere locally that could match the stitching enough for my fussy tastes I might get them taken up 3-4 inches for less stacking, and then the taper will be less severe. Still, I'm very happy with them. The quality is great, like all their stuff, and looks like they'll last really well. The denim is thick and soft, they're going to be great for winter, but probably just going to be my favourite jeans for chilling and going out. I imagine they could take a beating if i skated them but they'd be too hot to skate in where I live, even in winter.

Good to know about the sizing and fit. I am desperate for a pair of those dark wash ones. Hope they restock soon. Definitely gonna be wary of the heat of them though bc I live in a hot place so probably not the best sounding skate jeans. If anyone knows a place I can order some 36 waist santosuossos let me know

nevrwasben

« Reply #1011 on: April 27, 2021, 06:39:28 PM »
Haven’t been checking this thread lately so sorry if abp, but Gap Factory has a knockoff Polar Surf Pant called the Easy Pant for $20.
There’s a couple versions, single back pocket is baggier.
**Tall guys beware, these are cropped, so you’ll be flooding

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #1012 on: April 27, 2021, 11:17:42 PM »
Picked up stay loose khakis from Levi's site.  Not bad...wider leg opening.  I prefer a bit more of taper but they will do.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #1013 on: April 28, 2021, 05:31:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

hahaha ja mann, ich muss auch ein bischen lachen bei dem gedanken. aber die hose sieht cool aus. die jacke dazu ist auch ziemlich geil XD gibts auch im twopack. ausserdem wollte ich mir eh ein paar signalwesten bestellen hahaha.

-the brand is corny, it's not really a cool workwear brand like dickies or carhartt, it's a dorkwear brand. most of their stuff is hideous and plastered in hivis elements and way too many pockets.

I know a little German...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iI5vrVmJO0Q

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1014 on: April 28, 2021, 10:19:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I know a little German...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iI5vrVmJO0Q

i love that movie, it's perfect

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1015 on: April 28, 2021, 06:52:39 PM »
Anyone got suggestions for a durable loose fit pant I can dress up thats not as sweaty as dickies? I’ve been looking at some TNF hiking pants and such but they all seem to fit very slim. A taper works quite well on my frame so bonus points if they have that shape.

mini greek

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1016 on: April 28, 2021, 11:37:47 PM »
Anyone have both the Philly Butter jeans and the Polar Big Boys? Tryin to find out which pair is bigger. I have the Butter pants and they are super baggy, so I’m wondering if the Big Boys are as big or smaller?
Get litty.....

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1017 on: May 06, 2021, 02:58:59 AM »
This week I went through a loose jeans identity crisis. It started with me feeling like my trusty Levi 550s were too tight after seeing myself in a picture wearing them. Ended up buying some polar big boys which I always swore I’d never buy. Those things are giant, I hated them. The same day those arrived I just happened to end up it the mall and picked up some loose fit jeans from old navy. Can’t remember what they call the Jean exactly, but it’s either loose or relaxed fit. I bought one waist size up and they are super solid baggy fit for cheap. Quality seems good enough especially considering the price.

After old navy I stopped in at Macy’s and they had a bunch of Levi’s stay loose on sale. Picked up a pair of them and I’m in love. I just went true to size on waist and inseam and they are perfect. Solid baggy-ish fit without being stupidly baggy like big boys. The denim is the flex denim and super breathable and feels decent quality. I live in a humid and hot place and felt fine wearing them all day today. Definitely recommend. Leg opening isn’t too big either which is something I usually am picky about.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1018 on: May 06, 2021, 07:43:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I got you for sure. I usually wear a small in polar sized up to a medium for these after checking the measurements chart. Worst case I end up returning. Best case some sick pants at a decent price.

For anyone wanting to know, the cookmans didn't work out. Even sizing up the legs were still pretty regular fit/slim

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1019 on: May 06, 2021, 01:06:58 PM »
This week I went through a loose jeans identity crisis. It started with me feeling like my trusty Levi 550s were too tight after seeing myself in a picture wearing them. Ended up buying some polar big boys which I always swore I’d never buy. Those things are giant, I hated them. The same day those arrived I just happened to end up it the mall and picked up some loose fit jeans from old navy. Can’t remember what they call the Jean exactly, but it’s either loose or relaxed fit. I bought one waist size up and they are super solid baggy fit for cheap. Quality seems good enough especially considering the price.

After old navy I stopped in at Macy’s and they had a bunch of Levi’s stay loose on sale. Picked up a pair of them and I’m in love. I just went true to size on waist and inseam and they are perfect. Solid baggy-ish fit without being stupidly baggy like big boys. The denim is the flex denim and super breathable and feels decent quality. I live in a humid and hot place and felt fine wearing them all day today. Definitely recommend. Leg opening isn’t too big either which is something I usually am picky about.
didn't think they had the stay loose in store like that.