Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 233790 times)

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2040 on: October 10, 2022, 08:46:05 PM »
Expand Quote
I gotta say, these skate elastic waist pants (Loosies, Surf) don't go all the way up to their highest advertised waist size from my experience. They technically fit, but the elastic band is so tight it hurts. And that's before any potential washing shrinkage.
If you're in between two sizes on elastic pants, I say size up.
[close]

This is my problem with any elastic waist pants. I don’t know if it’s my hips but they’re nothing I can wear in public.

Yeah, their sizing charts are pretty BS with the highest measurements... luckily erring on the side of sizing up has been working so far. Went against my better judgement with this most recent order.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2041 on: October 11, 2022, 01:39:31 PM »
haven't had a pair of brown cords in like 10 years so what's the deal with some cords these days, pantaloon doods? Was looking at the Polar 93s but they seem just a little bit too baggy, as in baggier than 90s LL Bean cords. Not really trying to spend that polar $$ either...
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Huell Howser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #2042 on: October 11, 2022, 02:00:18 PM »
@IusedToSkateMore I just got some corduroys from uniqlo for $60. nice price tag and nice fit

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #2043 on: October 11, 2022, 04:18:42 PM »
haven't had a pair of brown cords in like 10 years so what's the deal with some cords these days, pantaloon doods? Was looking at the Polar 93s but they seem just a little bit too baggy, as in baggier than 90s LL Bean cords. Not really trying to spend that polar $$ either...

I got some CCS cords which came out to like $36 or whatever because of their perpetual BOGO half priced sale. Super comfy and high quality.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #2044 on: October 11, 2022, 06:37:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got some CCS cords which came out to like $36 or whatever because of their perpetual BOGO half priced sale. Super comfy and high quality.

did you get the elastic waistband ones or the button ones?

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2045 on: October 11, 2022, 07:36:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i'm wondering the same thing... i dig the elastic waist band in my gramicci climbing pants, but i'm not sure what to do... wonder if i can do BOGO 1/2 price with 1 of each

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2046 on: October 11, 2022, 08:00:17 PM »
 :'(Uniqlo wide fit tapered waist size 32

w 33
Thigh 13.6
Leg opening 8
Front rise 12, 13 with crotch gusset
Outseam 43.75
Inseam 32

They fit basically like the Huf Cromer or 93 denim at half the cost. I laid them over my 32 '93 Denim and it's the same thing with a higher rise and slightly longer inseam. I can wear them more on my waist and don't get that annoying knee binding. For $30 they're a bargain and no embroidery or getting disappointed when vintage Silvertabs don't fit as you hoped.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 08:48:36 PM by LebowskisRug »

FirstTimeCaller411

• Rep: -12
« Reply #2047 on: October 11, 2022, 10:12:53 PM »

Louie Lopez Cord or Magenta cord

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2048 on: October 12, 2022, 05:13:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i'm wondering the same thing... i dig the elastic waist band in my gramicci climbing pants, but i'm not sure what to do... wonder if i can do BOGO 1/2 price with 1 of each

This is real nitpicky of me but I really don't like the big logo on the back of the elastic CSS pants. Those are probably more comfy but I might just size up on the button pants and rock a belt, depending on feedback.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2049 on: October 12, 2022, 08:50:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

This is real nitpicky of me but I really don't like the big logo on the back of the elastic CSS pants. Those are probably more comfy but I might just size up on the button pants and rock a belt, depending on feedback.

Same. Of all logos, CCS is just, um, you know, CCS :o

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2050 on: October 12, 2022, 09:15:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Button ones. I can’t do elastic pants other than sweatpants to lounge around the house in. There’s a teeny-tiny little white CCS logo on the back right pocket but also any of those big emblems are a cinch to remove with a $2 seam ripper.

IpathCats

« Reply #2051 on: October 12, 2022, 10:07:29 AM »
Expand Quote

Gramicci climbing pants
[close]

Thanks, havent browsed this thread much obv lol. I'm not a SUPER baggy guy, but these look legit. might have to try a pair.

Got the gramicci's in yesterday. exactly the fit i was looking for, thanks @Sanka Coffie . I havent skated in them yet, but they feel fucking wonderful. very excited to try them out.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2052 on: October 12, 2022, 10:11:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Button ones. I can’t do elastic pants other than sweatpants to lounge around the house in. There’s a teeny-tiny little white CCS logo on the back right pocket but also any of those big emblems are a cinch to remove with a $2 seam ripper.

nice. Yeah, that back paneling is fine. The elastic ones have a giant CCS logo right on the back pocket that's a little gaudy for my liking. Might try some of these cuz I need some new cords.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2053 on: October 12, 2022, 11:14:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

nice. Yeah, that back paneling is fine. The elastic ones have a giant CCS logo right on the back pocket that's a little gaudy for my liking. Might try some of these cuz I need some new cords.

The price is right and CCS has a super easy and generous return policy. I ordered an embarrassing amount of pants until I found the styles and sizes that I wanted and ended up keeping three pairs.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2054 on: October 12, 2022, 11:29:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The price is right and CCS has a super easy and generous return policy. I ordered an embarrassing amount of pants until I found the styles and sizes that I wanted and ended up keeping three pairs.

the fit true to size?

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2055 on: October 12, 2022, 11:49:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

the fit true to size?

Yeah, I think so. I wear a 31 in most pants and I think all the pants I kept are 31s.

FuzzGNU

« Reply #2056 on: October 12, 2022, 12:07:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I want to know the number. How many pairs?

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2057 on: October 12, 2022, 01:25:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Three, as I said. I’ve gone up a pants size over the past year, so I’ve dumped all my 29s and most of my 30s.

FuzzGNU

« Reply #2058 on: October 12, 2022, 03:34:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Three, as I said. I’ve gone up a pants size over the past year, so I’ve dumped all my 29s and most of my 30s.

Sorry, I just meant the "embarrassing amount". I figured you meant you ordered 10 at once and then returned 7 of them lol. I understand now.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2059 on: October 12, 2022, 06:16:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Sorry, I just meant the "embarrassing amount". I figured you meant you ordered 10 at once and then returned 7 of them lol. I understand now.

Oh yeah, I guess three orders of four pants, so twelve total.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #2060 on: October 13, 2022, 04:40:01 AM »
this is kinda off topic, but i noticed the models on the german uniqlo page sometimes wear lrabs. this pant looks pretty cool, too.

treeebark

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2061 on: October 13, 2022, 01:36:40 PM »
so i snagged a pair of the Uniqlo U loose fit cords, and the fit is amazing. pretty similar fit as far as the cut to my polar 93's (both size 32), but the waist fits a little more true to size (polar 93 32's i need a belt, these i do not). the only thing i'm bummed on is i wish i coulda grabbed another color (brown or the olive green), anyone know how often they restock these things? is it only once a season??

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #2062 on: October 13, 2022, 02:04:15 PM »
so i snagged a pair of the Uniqlo U loose fit cords, and the fit is amazing. pretty similar fit as far as the cut to my polar 93's (both size 32), but the waist fits a little more true to size (polar 93 32's i need a belt, these i do not). the only thing i'm bummed on is i wish i coulda grabbed another color (brown or the olive green), anyone know how often they restock these things? is it only once a season??

They only drop stuff for one season at a time and typically only sporadically restock stuff after that. It seems like this seasons drop was really limited and a lot of stuff sold out right away :(

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2063 on: October 13, 2022, 10:34:50 PM »
But they usually drop something similar the next season ie. loose fit work cords or something….

FGO925

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2064 on: October 14, 2022, 12:22:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Gramicci climbing pants
[close]

Thanks, havent browsed this thread much obv lol. I'm not a SUPER baggy guy, but these look legit. might have to try a pair.
[close]

Got the gramicci's in yesterday. exactly the fit i was looking for, thanks @Sanka Coffie . I havent skated in them yet, but they feel fucking wonderful. very excited to try them out.

Damn I might have to pull the trigger and get some. Which of the gramicci’s did you get??

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2065 on: October 15, 2022, 09:24:32 AM »
this is kinda off topic, but i noticed the models on the german uniqlo page sometimes wear lrabs. this pant looks pretty cool, too.

Last Resort has quickly become popular with wardrobe stylists and props dept because they are very “ND” (non-descript). No big logos, clean skate kinda Chuck T look. This is the stuff these people look for

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2066 on: October 15, 2022, 02:20:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Gramicci climbing pants
[close]

[close]

[close]

Damn I might have to pull the trigger and get some. Which of the gramicci’s did you get??

Used made in USA gramicci are superior to the newer ones and can be had pretty cheap. I've got two pairs of the standard belted ones for $30 total. Fleabag, etsy, etc

broken USB

« Reply #2067 on: October 15, 2022, 04:18:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
They only drop stuff for one season at a time and typically only sporadically restock stuff after that. It seems like this seasons drop was really limited and a lot of stuff sold out right away :(

Came here to say the Wide Leg jeans are being offered all sizes, for 30 bucks in stock currently for the tall sizing.

Even if youre a short king like myself , i used the free alteration option to get them hemmed to 25.5 and the leg opening is a perfect 9”~ which is just how my 93s fit! Very hyped.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/products/E452529-000/00?colorDisplayCode=68&sizeDisplayCode=029

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2068 on: October 15, 2022, 06:58:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just ordered a pair of the Uniqlo wide fit jeans. I had some of the regular fits and really liked how they felt, but the fit is a bit too slim for my liking. Hoping the wide fits are good. Anyone have them?
[close]

They are a perfect fit imo. Right amount of looseness and taper. With the tall versions out now too they are even better. Quality is really good considering the price and they are super comfy
[close]

Agreed….these jeans are what this thread was made for…..loose…but not baggy….a bit of a taper…good price.. comes in black too….

Bumping this post cuz they came in today and I really like them. Your description is spot on. Really wanted a loose pair of jeans that weren’t restrictive without looking like I’m swimming in denim.

CBP

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #2069 on: October 16, 2022, 12:07:13 PM »
Anybody have recommendations for a loose 5-pocket jean? Have big legs and I'm over the carpenter style. Thanks!