Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 57799 times)

JANUS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2020, 07:30:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah I’d like to but after they’ve got all the kinks out of the initial treatment. 

No it’s not some antivaxxer bs just if they’re rushing everyone to get it I’m not buying it’s effectiveness.

I have been in medical studies and I’ve had extreme issues with side effects and having been on antiviral drugs for Hep C they’ve given me exema and restless leg syndrome.

Plus anyone else remember the fact they’ve purposefully done horrible things in the name of medical science to others?
[close]

What, like curing your hepatitis?
[close]
True, I get where you are going with that. I’m not entirely convinced about this treatment just yet.

That’s fair, honestly. I’m a science dork and even though I know the only probable consequences of these vaccines are allergic reactions and pain at the injection site, I’m still more than happy to let the people who think they deserve it first guinea pig it for the rest of us. That said, I’ll still get the vaccine if and when my time comes.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2020, 07:30:48 AM »
I wish I had y’alls faith in the government and pharmaceutical companies looking out for our best interests, but based on their prior behavior that doesn’t seem very likely.

Here’s a couple examples:

During prohibition, the US government purposefully poisoned bootleg alcohol and killed over 10,000 people (https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2014/8/8/5975605/alcohol-prohibition-poison).

From 1932-72, the US Public Health Service and the Centers for Disease Control conducted the Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis in the African American Males (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Syphilis_Study). The purpose of this study was to observe the natural history of untreated syphilis; the African-American men who participated in the study were told that they were receiving free health care from the federal government of the United States, but were deceived by the Public Health Service, who never informed subjects of their diagnosis and disguised placebos, ineffective methods, and diagnostic procedures as treatment. The study was supposed to last six months, but they extended it to 40 years, and the only reason it was terminated was because someone leaked it to the press.

There’s a ton of this shit that has been done throughout the years.

Long history here (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethical_human_experimentation_in_the_United_States)

“The experiments include the exposure of humans to many chemical and biological weapons (including infection with deadly or debilitating diseases), human radiation experiments, injection of toxic and radioactive chemicals, surgical experiments, interrogation and torture experiments, tests involving mind-altering substances, and a wide variety of others. Many of these tests were performed on children, the sick, and mentally disabled individuals, often under the guise of "medical treatment". In many of the studies, a large portion of the subjects were poor, racial minorities, or prisoners.”

As far as Pfizer goes, they have a long unethical history of bribery, obfuscation, poisoning, and have killed many people with their products.

Good background here (https://www.corp-research.org/pfizer), but probably the best example of how low these people are was their testing of a meningitis antibiotic on children in Nigeria without their consent that lead to the death of some of them, and a 15-year legal battle to reach a settlement for their families (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullahi_v._Pfizer,_Inc.).

I worked for a law firm in 2008 that represented Pfizer, and day after day read incredibly sad documents about people whose lives had been fucked forever because of them taking Pfizer’s arthritis drug Celebrex. Pfizer knew the drug had some serious side effects, but because they were making so much money off of it there was no way it was going to be taken off the market. It’s still being sold to this day.

Honestly, I really don’t understand why anyone would trust governments or pharmaceutical corporations at this point. They have shown time and time again that they don’t give a fuck about us and see us simply as a commodity.
This right here is a good example of what I was saying beforehand, I don't trust our government.

Check it out when all this is said and done this treatment is going to be on one of those infomercials.

Did you grow a extra testicle out your forehead because of the initial coronavirus vaccine?! Did you suddenly grow a beard and have etc extra side effect because of the vaccine?

Call this number...... 1-888-YOUR-FUCKED.
Dueces Bitch's

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2020, 08:09:19 AM »
While I find the ethical issues surrounding capitalism’s role in western medicine interesting, I can’t help but feel that some people ignore more obvious threats to public health in favor of the sexier ‘evil medicine’ conversation.

For example Americans get wrecked from heart disease and diabetes. McDonald’s has proven to be more genocidal than big pharma but that doesn’t stop people from buying McRibs lol.

I think government mandated vaccines is a no-no considering how divided the country is. It might be easier for corporate employers to require it to work in their facilities. Buy in from Wal-mart, UPS, Starbucks etc would make a huge difference.

Dinglenuts

• Rep: 2
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2020, 08:16:54 AM »
Expand Quote
While the topic of this thread isn't oxycontin or addiction, oxycontin is widely available throughout the rest of the world, including Europe. What's similar however, is that Pharmaceutical companies do work to reap profits, regardless of consumer safety. Again, you may see these as unrelated, there are many however, who due to lived experience, do not.

Again, I'm not speaking for antivaxxers- I believe that vaccines have greatly and undoubtedly improved the quality of life throughout the world. When systems continually ignore the will of people, keep breaking people down, and ruining any sense of trust, it's no wonder they're more than skeptical and mistrustful of what they're being told to do. If we understand and honor that by actually engaging in conversation, rather than denouncing any skepticism as being in line with the antivaxx Q patrol, more productive results could be reached rather than a bunch of finger pointing.
[close]

Yes, big pharma is out for profit, this is common knowledge. But vaccines are endorsed by governments in countries where health care isn't a capitalist free for all, health workers and health organizations, unlike oxy. Plus, most people in the world have already been vaccinated for something before, without side effects. So this is why I find it confusing that someone doesn't want to be vaccinated because of the oxy pandemic.

Obviously it's possible that I have missed it, but is this really a reason people are giving for being skeptical of a vaccine? The reasoning is totally off - not wanting to buy product A manufactured by X because of something that happened with product B manufactured by Y. Do these people not take any meds at all? No aspirin? No antibiotics?

Like I said, I understand being skeptical, and no one is finger pointing at those people. But if skeptics are looking to antivaxxers for information rather than actual health organizations or other experts, then they will most likely end up as antivaxxers, or were antivaxxers all along. And at that point I don't care about someone's lived experience if they're going down the conspiracy theory path and endangering other by not getting vaccinated.
Someone mentioned earlier that the current Covid vaccinations out do not stop the spread. I do believe I have heard that right from the manufactures as well.. So after recieving it you can still endanger others? I guess I dont understand that being a point of taking it then.. I'm not trying to be a smartass, I feel like I am missing something.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2020, 08:33:06 AM »
It’s my understanding the Pfizer vaccine does not stop transmission but it does lessen the sickness. Therefore the Pfizer vaccine will not stop the spread.

It's only the Pfizer vaccine that doesn't stop the spread, apparently. And tbh, that's still massive, especially for healthcare workers and every other vulnerable group.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2020, 08:35:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
While the topic of this thread isn't oxycontin or addiction, oxycontin is widely available throughout the rest of the world, including Europe. What's similar however, is that Pharmaceutical companies do work to reap profits, regardless of consumer safety. Again, you may see these as unrelated, there are many however, who due to lived experience, do not.

Again, I'm not speaking for antivaxxers- I believe that vaccines have greatly and undoubtedly improved the quality of life throughout the world. When systems continually ignore the will of people, keep breaking people down, and ruining any sense of trust, it's no wonder they're more than skeptical and mistrustful of what they're being told to do. If we understand and honor that by actually engaging in conversation, rather than denouncing any skepticism as being in line with the antivaxx Q patrol, more productive results could be reached rather than a bunch of finger pointing.
[close]

Yes, big pharma is out for profit, this is common knowledge. But vaccines are endorsed by governments in countries where health care isn't a capitalist free for all, health workers and health organizations, unlike oxy. Plus, most people in the world have already been vaccinated for something before, without side effects. So this is why I find it confusing that someone doesn't want to be vaccinated because of the oxy pandemic.

Obviously it's possible that I have missed it, but is this really a reason people are giving for being skeptical of a vaccine? The reasoning is totally off - not wanting to buy product A manufactured by X because of something that happened with product B manufactured by Y. Do these people not take any meds at all? No aspirin? No antibiotics?

Like I said, I understand being skeptical, and no one is finger pointing at those people. But if skeptics are looking to antivaxxers for information rather than actual health organizations or other experts, then they will most likely end up as antivaxxers, or were antivaxxers all along. And at that point I don't care about someone's lived experience if they're going down the conspiracy theory path and endangering other by not getting vaccinated.
[close]
Someone mentioned earlier that the current Covid vaccinations out do not stop the spread. I do believe I have heard that right from the manufactures as well.. So after recieving it you can still endanger others? I guess I dont understand that being a point of taking it then.. I'm not trying to be a smartass, I feel like I am missing something.

I believe the message is the vaccine protects you from becoming sick, however, the virus can still get in your body, replicate, and potentially be passed on to others before your body recognizes the virus’ antigen markers and beats that ass.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2020, 08:37:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah I’d like to but after they’ve got all the kinks out of the initial treatment. 

No it’s not some antivaxxer bs just if they’re rushing everyone to get it I’m not buying it’s effectiveness.

I have been in medical studies and I’ve had extreme issues with side effects and having been on antiviral drugs for Hep C they’ve given me exema and restless leg syndrome.

Plus anyone else remember the fact they’ve purposefully done horrible things in the name of medical science to others?
[close]

What, like curing your hepatitis?
[close]
True, I get where you are going with that. I’m not entirely convinced about this treatment just yet.
[close]

That’s fair, honestly. I’m a science dork and even though I know the only probable consequences of these vaccines are allergic reactions and pain at the injection site, I’m still more than happy to let the people who think they deserve it first guinea pig it for the rest of us. That said, I’ll still get the vaccine if and when my time comes.
I am a nerd as well I learned from others in certain circles about treatments such as HIV and Hep C, as far as the older treatments it was like chemotherapy for liver and it made you feel like shit for the entire treatment process. Sometimes you'd be lucky to survive the treament and the lengthy process.  Grosso mentioned it one time a long time ago he got the older meds of interferon and ribavirin it's a skin tag shot and some pills. It would take a year long to complete the process if your liver could hold out, now they've got these meds that take 3 months and it's just one pill a day. Don't get me started on the cost of these meds $28,834.85 for each month and that was for 6 months on top of the ribaviran was $238 as well one to has to go to Mexico or India to get cheaper meds.
Dueces Bitch's

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2020, 08:55:53 AM »
I'm kind of mad that the biggest retards are too scared to post here, so my plan with insta-ignore did not work. Then again, maybe polio got them.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2020, 11:57:52 AM »
if it means i can travel again ill take my chances on the vaccine. wont be first in line to get it but maybe in 2022 i might need to or even next winter
ONTARIO CANADA

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2020, 12:05:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I know you aren't pointing at all skeptics but some of us are looking towards the health professionals and scientists for the safety of it and they are incapable of providing the long term data that some of us want to see. Even if the drug passes all the phases in a typical amount of time, the FDA has been wrong enough times to warrant some early skepticism.

I personally would be bet money that the vaccine is fine but I just wouldn't bet my body on it.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2020, 12:36:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I know you aren't pointing at all skeptics but some of us are looking towards the health professionals and scientists for the safety of it and they are incapable of providing the long term data that some of us want to see. Even if the drug passes all the phases in a typical amount of time, the FDA has been wrong enough times to warrant some early skepticism.

I personally would be bet money that the vaccine is fine but I just wouldn't bet my body on it.

At first glance, the vaccine appears to consist of mRNA, some preservatives, sugar, salts, and water. What are your concerns about long-term effects? Sincere question, if my tone is ambiguous.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2020, 01:16:06 PM »
I was actually amazed that it wasn't like the other vaccines that we're familiar with that contains a weakened version of the virus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attenuated_vaccine

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2020, 01:27:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

At first glance, the vaccine appears to consist of mRNA, some preservatives, sugar, salts, and water. What are your concerns about long-term effects? Sincere question, if my tone is ambiguous.

I'm concerned of it provoking some sort of response that isn't noticeable immediately. I have to give this vague answer because we don't know and don't have the data to know what can be wrong. I have learned some history and applications of rna being used in defense of viruses that I learned in biochemistry and genetics classes but I'm sure those models we studied are simplified.

I'm shocked that people have a difficult time understanding those that hold reservations of a new vaccine.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2020, 01:52:48 PM »
Getting my first dose next week.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2020, 01:53:09 PM »

That's fair.

coneklr

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2020, 02:04:56 PM »

This is it for me as well.  I personally won't be betting my body on something not proven, and "I got it and am fine" isn't going to cut it.  The FDA has not even approved this as of yet, if they are the experts.  I am also 100% against mandatory or forced anything.  No one should be in charge of anyone else's body.  It's fucked to say otherwise and you would agree if it was something you didn't agree with that was being pushed, you just happen to agree this time.  As for the immuno compromised, no one should be speaking for them.  I have 3 people in my life who are, and spoiler alert, none of them are pro mandatory to "save" them.

Sorry if this bums you out pals.

Stay safe

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2020, 02:52:08 PM »
Seen too many people get absolutely rocked by covid to not get it. I miss taking trips for leisure and I miss my friends in other states. Of course I’m going to take it, hoping the va hooks me and my family up.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2020, 03:53:02 PM »
I'm concerned of it provoking some sort of response that isn't noticeable immediately. I have to give this vague answer because we don't know and don't have the data to know what can be wrong. I have learned some history and applications of rna being used in defense of viruses that I learned in biochemistry and genetics classes but I'm sure those models we studied are simplified.

I'm shocked that people have a difficult time understanding those that hold reservations of a new vaccine.

I'm shocked by the vast number of people who I've witnessed purchase weed from a dude in a bathroom, now debating the reliability of vaccination and whether or not it could provoke an unknown immune response in the body.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2020, 04:20:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm shocked by the vast number of people who I've witnessed purchase weed from a dude in a bathroom, now debating the reliability of vaccination and whether or not it could provoke an unknown immune response in the body.
God you're so right.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2020, 04:39:53 PM »

I'm struggling with it because I can't imagine that people are arguing it from a point of reason. Has the person done any research into the process behind this vaccine compared to others? Have they taken other vaccines before or given them to their kids, and if so did they do research on how long they were on the market or what testing they went through first? Do they buy synthetic drugs from strangers in nightclubs? Just about everyone refusing the vaccine is going to have taken some past actions that contradict their own reasoning. The knee-jerk response of being worried about putting something like that in your body is totally natural, but you shouldn't make your mind up to not to get it without thinking past that reaction.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2020, 06:12:36 PM »
I've bought ecstacy from sketchy ppl at raves before (my eyelids swelled up real bad the next morning once).

I'm gonna take the vaccine.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2020, 06:35:43 PM »
All I'm saying with my skepticism is I'm not opposed to taking the vaccine if pressed and evidence that it's not going to compromise my immune system.

However if there's a later version that actually prevents and stop's the spread as well me not causing superspreader and infecting other's then by all means let's go. 

With our government's historical fuckups towards minorities and other desperate people  where they've just shrugged their shoulders like who cares like they usually do I'm not going to do it.

I'd rather wait tbh not like I'm going anywhere soon.
Dueces Bitch's

m477

• Rep: 6
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2020, 11:28:56 PM »
I’ll probably treat this like I do a middle aged iphone asking for the latest software update (countless times hitting remind me later until I finally cave).

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2020, 07:04:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thank you for helping me try to understand perspectives that are not my own. Discomfort caused by the unknown is relatable. I do not share your concerns, but I appreciate that you took the time to reply.

Why do I always feel like I’m coming off sarcastic when I’m trying to be polite?

KellyGreen

• Rep: 0
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2020, 01:43:17 AM »
AOC=FDR
deftones>greatful dead

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2020, 03:11:36 AM »
i'll get vaccinated for sure. gonna probably take a few months til it's my turn though according to our national vaccination plan. in fact i'm pretty sure for my work it's mandatory, or i gotta look for a new job.

i don't like getting mystery vaccine, but this is different. unless me or my elderly parents are vaccinated there'll be no visits. both have severe heart issues and i'm not taking any chances. if they deny the vaccine, then i have to get vaccinated to keep them safe.

i am concerned about side effects from the vaccine, but not as much as i'm afraid of some neurological problems covid can cause.

yall have to consider that vaccines are useless in rotting out an illness if not enough people get vaccinated. sure, the individuals are safe, but a concerted effort to kill of an infection, at least for some time, needs enough people vaccinated in relation to how fast the virus spreads. with covid i heard about 60-70% percent of any group have to be vaccinated at least so the virus has not enough hosts to reproduce and spread farther and basically dies out, with covid this is gonna be probably only temporary, too. i agree though that making it mandatory for everyone would be wrong.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2020, 05:28:19 AM »
I propably can't get it before fall anyways, so possible side effects should propably be sorted by then. I'm not anti vac in any way, but obviously these vaccines have been developed with great haste possibly by cutting some corners, so I understand if some people are sceptical about taking it.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2020, 08:30:56 AM »
I just recently found out that Phase 3 medical trials - the phase prior to approval -  usually consist of testing the vaccine on around 3000 patients. The Pfizer Biontech one was tested on over 20000 patients. The large sample size is to ensure safety, which is normal practice and has been used in trials when meds were intended for vulnerable groups, for example infants.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 11:15:53 AM by Alan »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2020, 10:06:41 AM »
20,000 subjects being entered into a randomized control trial is a massive amount of people in the scheme of medical testing.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2020, 10:52:17 AM »
I just recently found out that Phase 3 medical trials - the phase prior to usually consist of testing the vaccine on around 3000 patients. The Pfizer Biontech one was tested on over 20000 patients. The large sample size is to ensure safety, which is normal practice and has been used in trials when meds were intended for vulnerable groups, for example infants.

thanks for posting that. do you have a source? it would be cool to be able to share with others. thanks
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind