Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 58108 times)

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2021, 10:26:29 PM »
I got the first moderna shot 5 days ago. I think I was pretty tired for the first two days because I napped both days, I never nap, but was also with my gf those days and usually feel much more relaxed and lazy with her.

On the 3rd day, I felt pretty fucking shitty. I felt really nauseous in the morning and groggy. Could have just been a bad day but I think it was mild side effects. Still wouldn't hesitate.

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #181 on: March 10, 2021, 12:00:42 AM »
Damn.. People are actually getting shots...Feels so surreal..

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2021, 12:43:35 AM »
I’d be waaay down the list cause I’m not an essential worker but I will 100 be getting mine when it’s available

Fucken trippy to think about our thoughts a little over a year ago. I thought it was gonna wreck shit but nowhere to this extent
The madness of life, hey
listen to cosmic psychos

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #183 on: March 10, 2021, 05:33:14 AM »
I’d be waaay down the list cause I’m not an essential worker but I will 100 be getting mine when it’s available

Fucken trippy to think about our thoughts a little over a year ago. I thought it was gonna wreck shit but nowhere to this extent
The madness of life, hey

Funny, I'm "essential" but Gay Sweden gives about zero fucks. i thing about 8% got 1 or more shots.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2021, 06:26:38 AM »
I'm fully vaxxed, 2 Moderna shots.  I had covid a year ago, and after the second shot maybe 8 hours after I got stuck, I got so sick like I had it again. Shakes, chills, low grade fever. Lasted 12 hours and then I was fine. It dehydrates you, bad. I made the mistake of having TWO drinks 2 days after and I woke up with such a bad hangover. Hydrate people.

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2021, 08:34:24 AM »
atleast you guys have the option to get one if you wanted.

here in canada, there has been no mention (that Ive seen) of where to get vaccinated or even when you can.

I understand that the govt wanted to get multiple options on the table and give people a choice, but there has to be a quicker way.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #186 on: March 10, 2021, 08:46:13 AM »

here in canada, there has been no mention (that Ive seen) of where to get vaccinated or even when you can.

I understand that the govt wanted to get multiple options on the table and give people a choice, but there has to be a quicker way.
I mean not everyone can. I got it because of what I do for work. My wife can't get one yet. My mom is 64 and she's shit out of luck. I get why they're breaking up the eligibility, but what's the difference between 64 and 65?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2021, 10:45:00 AM »
all i had to do was work dual essential work gigs the entire pandemic  8)

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 661
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #188 on: March 10, 2021, 11:22:52 AM »

Being a middle power with an asshole neighbor and not in the EU sucks. I could get an appointment via work in the US but I don't want to cross the border.

How the fuck did seychelles get all those vaccines?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #189 on: March 10, 2021, 03:30:47 PM »
Got my second shot two weeks ago. The following day I felt not good. Wasn't too bad though. Manageable.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #190 on: March 10, 2021, 07:03:10 PM »
Dose one, of two, of that hot Pfizer action is all up in me as of today.
Is this where I say “Let’s Goooooooo!!!”

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Frank and Fred

« Reply #191 on: March 10, 2021, 07:13:33 PM »
Been fully vaxed for two weeks now- first jab (moderna) was just arm pain and slight lethargy. second jab, fucked up my weekend but not as bad as some reports I have heard. I was mostly tired, with a dull headache and little achey. No fever or other flu symptoms. 48 hours after the jab I was mostly back to normal.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #192 on: March 10, 2021, 07:34:05 PM »
I got my first dose two and a half weeks ago, moderna, not much of an issue with that one. Sore arm for a day or two. Scheduled to receive dose 2 on the 29th, which sucks since it’s a Monday and I’m not really trying to miss any work after.

I work with a bunch of right leaning people that either still don’t take Covid serious or have no interest is receiving the vax. Im basically getting it in secret so they don’t get me fucking sick and then I bring it home to the wife and kids.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #193 on: March 10, 2021, 09:21:59 PM »
I’m in Chicago and a part of the 1A group but I still cant get one and they’re already opening stuff back up. I’m on every mailing list I can find and constantly refreshing stuff looking for an appt. Fingers crossed I get one soon.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #194 on: March 10, 2021, 09:46:08 PM »
thank god our government just decided to ease up on vaccing restrictions. they did a heck of a job so far, like, not. they've been vaccinating since late december and have only vaccinated like 5 million people or so. most of them were already half dead. at some point around two weeks ago, someone in the government had the genius idea that it might be smart to not just vaxx half dead people, but maybe it would be smart to vaxx people that have to go to work, children so they can go to school, etc... shit smarter people have been saying all along.

now they miraculously claim they want to vaxx 10 million people each week from the end of march on. belieeeeeeeedat...

our government is fucking braindead. don't come to germany, kids haven't had school for a year because they been closed but there's still places here with no internet. i'm serious, i hate my fucking country. you have imbecile cousins on top and as head of everything. everything was closed for half a year and everyone i know is dead broke. there's no stimulus either, unless you're a rich motherfucker anyway. rather than supporting fledgeling students or poor households they gave billions to vw, lufthansa, and other megacorps. half the country is still not allowed to work. i heard people say good things about my country that i will never get. our political system is corrupt and dysfunctional, our school system is a catastrophe and officially the worst and most unfair in europe. also, we have internet like its 2005. and people are still lowkey nazi/weird about poc. i suspect this will never change and have given up all hope. basically this reinforces my plans to emigrate. nothing here makes sense. 

sorry for the off-topic rant, had to get that off my chest though.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #195 on: March 11, 2021, 12:24:55 PM »
I'm very cautiously hopefully that the new $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief bill that just passed will greatly increase everyone's ability to get vaccinated, at least in the US. Looks like $20 billion of that is going directly to vaccine distribution, and $7.5 billion for the CDC to set up vaccination sites all over the country.

https://time.com/5944774/whats-in-covid-19-relief-bill-senate/

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #196 on: March 11, 2021, 06:55:21 PM »
I am in Canada, Niagara area, I had my first injection... I was very excited to be on the list as a PSW.
I had a rough reaction.
3 minutes in I started to taste metal, the taste by 5 minutes was disgusting... I started to lose vision, had a hard time creating, my chest felt like it was caving in. I could not find any energy to get up, so I was wheeled over to the Doctors area.
The worst part lasted half hour ... but it took me 3 days to recover and feel normal.
The second day, the opposite arm form the injection, went numb right into my thumb... but I felt okay.
The 3rd day I was still very nub and felt like I had a horrible birthday hangover.
4th day I was fine.

Not sure what is what with my second injection.
It was Pfizer if you're wondering.

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #197 on: March 12, 2021, 01:51:18 PM »
Expand Quote

The madness of life, hey
[close]

Funny, I'm "essential" but Gay Sweden gives about zero fucks. i thing about 8% got 1 or more shots.

Illinois is right there with you guys as far as percentages go (Chicagoland especially). I've been eligible for over a month and haven't been able to find any appointments anywhere. I've heard of a lot of people that should be way down the list get it and say, "I just got lucky" which I take to mean they lied and don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves.

I can't be too mad though at least people are getting it with all of the bad press, conspiracy theories and all around ignorance.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 03:00:36 PM by UselessAsshole »

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #198 on: March 12, 2021, 02:10:31 PM »
Now that I know the first one made me feel a little sick and the 2nd one could be worse I'll be stocking up on soup, water, snacks and weed.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #199 on: March 12, 2021, 08:58:54 PM »
anyone had that Johnson and Johnson vaccine yet? I found out today that I'm eligible because I volunteer in a school every week. Johnson and Johnson 1 shot is the most widely available up here.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #200 on: March 12, 2021, 09:16:44 PM »
I got the Johnson and Johnson one a couple days ago. I did have a bad reaction to it. Had gnarly body aches and chills for several days. Thankfully im feeling better now.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 661
« Reply #201 on: March 12, 2021, 09:20:30 PM »
Canada is supposed to be getting a million vaccines a week soon.

Considering our population is less than California's population, I'm hoping I can qualify quickly and we can get the country vaccinated quickly.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2021, 06:33:45 AM »
Canada is supposed to be getting a million vaccines a week soon.

Considering our population is less than California's population, I'm hoping I can qualify quickly and we can get the country vaccinated quickly.

Nah bro, they’re just going to tell everybody living in cities that all the vaccines are going to First Nations reserves, then tell the First Nations reserves that all the vaccines are going to the cities. Then, while we’re too busy pointing fingers at one another and suffocating to death, our vaccinated political officials will be working tirelessly to replace us with fresh, pre-vaccinated units, and convert our corpses to a palatable, nutritious mush. Or stick us in the sand and hope for oil; admittedly, I do not know their endgame. I do, however, know that social problems like gun violence, lack of access to clean water and medical services, and addiction cease to exist when everybody is dead, so I guess it won’t be all bad.

I apologize. I’m clearly working through some stuff. Also, still waiting to be considered for vaccination. It’s kind of crazy to me that media outlets are already talking about vaccine passports, reopening universities and shit, and meanwhile nearly none of us are even vaccinated.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2021, 06:31:01 PM »
2 shots of Pfizer. A little achey after 2nd shot but that’s it.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #204 on: March 13, 2021, 07:54:22 PM »
it can sterilize me idgaf

truthislie

• Rep: 56
« Reply #205 on: March 14, 2021, 12:03:39 AM »
Got my first shot of AstraZeneca yesterday. So far I feel nothing just some pain in my arm.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2021, 03:48:54 PM »
got the link for a Pfizer shot today. Thursday 1040 am. yeehaw, doggies
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2021, 03:53:40 PM »
Got my second today! Pfizer. Feel pretty ok. Maybe a little tired, but nothing significant. Really stoked! Cant wait for Bill Gates to use the 5G network to drone strike me.
ok thanks

xandeo

• Rep: 6
« Reply #208 on: March 16, 2021, 01:48:13 AM »
Getting my 1st shot of Moderna next week, can't wait! I belong to a risk group, so this will definitely easy up my life a little.

Will post any reactions as well.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #209 on: March 16, 2021, 04:42:41 AM »
I got the johnson and Johnson shot yesterday. I live in Florida. I qualified for high risk because of high blood pressure. My doctor has been giving away permission slips to as many patients as possible because the federally run vaccine site in my area can do up to 500 shots a day and is only seeing 100 visitors daily. He’s afraid it could close if not being utilized. Felt almost zero side effects. Was a little tired yesterday, but that could’ve been the daylight savings time lag. Arm hurts where the shot was administered but that’s all.
ableSkateMag.com