Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 58123 times)

Alan

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #510 on: May 31, 2021, 01:31:29 PM »
Sick. Happy for you, man!
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #511 on: May 31, 2021, 02:11:49 PM »
Pfizer #2 wasn't bad at all for me. Subtle body soreness and a bit of a cloudy mind but thats it, still fully productive with work the day after.  28 years old

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #512 on: July 06, 2021, 08:32:24 AM »
Was basically fine after dose 1 Pfizer except for a sore arm.  Got dose 2 Moderna yesterday afternoon and I’m tired, foggy, and achy as hell today.  Arm feels way worse than 1st one too.  Should’ve taken the day off, instead I’m at work and my boss decided to come hang out on the job site today.  Not having any sick days is such bullshit.  Really need to mow my lawn too but that ain’t happening.

Some dude

• Rep: -41
« Reply #513 on: July 06, 2021, 11:40:30 AM »
Any idea when we’re gonna have to start getting our booster shots? Is 6 months the idea?

don’t tell me everyone isn’t gonna get their booster shot when it’s time..
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 10:06:49 PM by Some dude »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #514 on: July 07, 2021, 04:36:00 PM »

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #515 on: July 11, 2021, 08:00:01 AM »
I got #2 yesterday at 9AM. They gave me moderna this time. They’ve done nothing to encourage brand loyalty. I feel hungover today, which is kind of cool, considering I quit boozing a few years ago. Headache, mild nausea, malaise, aches. Classic booze blues. Ah…memories. Plus I’m kind of fucked up and part of me believes I deserve to suffer, so this suits me just fine.

Edit: the injection site is a bit sore, too. I took some Tylenol and drank some water and I feel almost back to 100%.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 08:59:40 AM by JANUS »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

mushroom slice

« Reply #516 on: July 11, 2021, 09:15:09 AM »
Even if you got that vaccine I’d air on the side of caution still. My mother in law is double vaccinated with that moderna and still caught the delta variant. Fuck if I know how this will ever end. Be safe.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #517 on: July 11, 2021, 09:27:57 AM »
Oh, for sure. If I understand correctly, it would be two weeks until I will have produced enough antibodies to confer any advantage, and even then I understand that it may only reduce the probability of serious health consequences if I am infected. And I’m not going to lie, I really like wearing face coverings and the abundance of free hand sanitizer, so I’m not giving up the pandemic lifestyle any time soon.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #518 on: July 11, 2021, 02:07:40 PM »
Any idea when we’re gonna have to start getting our booster shots? Is 6 months the idea?

don’t tell me everyone isn’t gonna get their booster shot when it’s time..
I wish they’d hurry up with it though. I got the vaxed at the beginning of February and 6 months is right around the corner.
I’m still masked up when I go inside businesses. Outside, home, family, no. I really don’t like how places are jumping the gun on reopening at full capacity, masks are “suggested,” etc.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #519 on: July 11, 2021, 04:02:06 PM »
My gf got some pretty crazy side effects from her moderna shots. She had the usual flu like symptoms, which is normal, but they lasted for like 10 days or so. That’s not the weirdest part tho. The weirdest part is that the shots seem to have made some old viral infections she had years ago flare back up. Her lymph nodes were lumpy for almost a month. She’s fine now but I guess these vaccines are pretty gnarly.

Edit: just wanna clarify that I’m not some kind of anti-vaccine maniac. I got my shots and I just had the usual day or two of side effects, no big deal. Just sharing some of the weirder side effects that happen to people once in a while.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 11:22:38 AM by mj23 »

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 667
« Reply #520 on: July 11, 2021, 06:17:52 PM »
Pfizer #1 got me a sore arm and small headache the morning after.
Pfizer #2 I only got the sore arm. Stoked and vaxxed !

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #521 on: July 12, 2021, 06:46:46 AM »
I feel fine today.

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #522 on: July 12, 2021, 11:06:28 AM »
I feel like I get soreness at the injection site sporadically still, and it's been months. Could be phantom, could be real.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #523 on: July 12, 2021, 11:16:07 AM »
I feel fine today.
Good news! Stoked you're feeling better.

My mother in law and my wife's niece continue to decline the vaccine and there's nothing I can do to convince either one.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #524 on: July 12, 2021, 01:05:29 PM »
Expand Quote
I feel fine today.
[close]
Good news! Stoked you're feeling better.

My mother in law and my wife's niece continue to decline the vaccine and there's nothing I can do to convince either one.

Thank you. Overall, it felt like a mild hangover. Would do again. I empathize with your situation with your stubborn in-laws. Stubborn people are going to make things difficult.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #525 on: July 12, 2021, 04:35:55 PM »
Even if you got that vaccine I’d air on the side of caution still. My mother in law is double vaccinated with that moderna and still caught the delta variant. Fuck if I know how this will ever end. Be safe.

Do you know if she caught it when she was 2 weeks post both vaccines? Shit is scary

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #526 on: July 12, 2021, 08:47:34 PM »

Ya dawg, I've got no problem wearing a mask when I go in a store. I live in the 2nd least vaxxed county in CA and its a travel destination, so I'm just playing cool. Hope your MIL is ok
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #527 on: July 13, 2021, 07:12:29 AM »
Sweden here:

Got first Pfizer five minutes ago. Sitter here waiting for the side effects to kick in and kill me... Like the ex-junkie that I am..

Oh, I'm 34, so we're kind of slow...

Edit:

Four hours later: The site feels weird. I feel kind of weird, but ok. Probably paying way too much attention to subtle changes.

Day after: Damn, my shoulder, bro... Mind feels sluggish, but ok.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 09:40:44 PM by iKobrakai »

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #528 on: July 14, 2021, 06:37:56 AM »
i, by no means, am anti-vax, but i saw this last night and it’s pretty concerning and thought about sharing it

Fhk

« Reply #529 on: July 14, 2021, 06:48:48 AM »
i, by no means, am anti-vax, but i saw this last night and it’s pretty concerning and thought about sharing it

That is absolutely heartbreaking.  :(

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #530 on: July 14, 2021, 06:49:22 AM »
Sweden here:

Got first Pfizer five minutes ago. Sitter here waiting for the side effects to kick in and kill me... Like the ex-junkie that I am..

Oh, I'm 34, so we're kind of slow...

Edit:

Four hours later: The site feels weird. I feel kind of weird, but ok. Probably paying way too much attention to subtle changes.

Day after: Damn, my shoulder, bro... Mind feels sluggish, but ok.

I’m a similar age and I spent from age 18-29 drunk, chain smoking, and full of pills. I believe you should have ex-junkie powers and be a-ok! I hope you’re feeling better. My arm always gets very sore after intramuscular injections, too.

I also hope your mother in law is doing alright, mushroom slice.

And sace, it’s natural to feel apprehensive, but I believe without knowing this young woman’s full medical history/ without having gone to medical school, we cannot diagnose a cause for her condition based on an Instagram post.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #531 on: July 14, 2021, 07:22:11 AM »
I’ve been hearing more and more stories about breakthrough infections lately, really sucks. None of them seem to be too serious but it’s an argument in favor of continuing at least a little bit of caution.

Acquaintances in NYC all got flu symptoms after going to big Pride parties, joked about catching “the gay flu,” and then realized later that in many cases it was Covid. Also a DJ who played a big club night posted to IG a few days later saying “whoops sorry guys turns out I may have had Covid when we were partying together.”

All of their symptoms are pretty mild compared to bad Covid, nobody’s in the hospital or anything, but it’s a reminder that us younger people should still exercise caution if we’re about to visit older family or friends with immune problems, or hell, even go into a grocery store or pharmacy where high risk people might be around. Keep the masks handy and when in doubt, go get a rapid test (you can buy them at a drugstore to test yourself at home now).

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #532 on: July 14, 2021, 08:00:07 AM »
If you got vaxxed you better start living your life cuz it’s gonna be short or start living in a bubble because you have no immunity anymore, eta to death 2022 from normal ass flu.

What are you going on about here?
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #533 on: July 14, 2021, 08:08:45 AM »
just got my second shot today. Stoked.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #534 on: July 14, 2021, 08:23:48 AM »

reading her mother's post and seeing this fucked my morning up.

just like that young lady, it was the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine that is also suspected of killing this teenager from Michigan.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/07/02/covid-19-vaccine-death-michigan-teen-saginaw-county-cdc-investigation-zilwaukee/7841643002/

https://nypost.com/2021/07/05/michigan-boy-dies-in-his-sleep-three-days-after-getting-vaccine/

i don't see any info on the CDC's subsequent investigation/research yet...

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #535 on: July 14, 2021, 09:44:41 AM »
ADMIN EDIT: ORIGINAL COMMENT REMOVED

Says the guy who is spreading lies himself. Suits the racist shit you posted here:  https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=117685.msg3599382#msg3599382
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 10:20:56 AM by admin »

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #536 on: July 15, 2021, 06:22:52 AM »
I’ve been hearing more and more stories about breakthrough infections lately, really sucks. None of them seem to be too serious but it’s an argument in favor of continuing at least a little bit of caution.

Acquaintances in NYC all got flu symptoms after going to big Pride parties, joked about catching “the gay flu,” and then realized later that in many cases it was Covid. Also a DJ who played a big club night posted to IG a few days later saying “whoops sorry guys turns out I may have had Covid when we were partying together.”

All of their symptoms are pretty mild compared to bad Covid, nobody’s in the hospital or anything, but it’s a reminder that us younger people should still exercise caution if we’re about to visit older family or friends with immune problems, or hell, even go into a grocery store or pharmacy where high risk people might be around. Keep the masks handy and when in doubt, go get a rapid test (you can buy them at a drugstore to test yourself at home now).

I got my second vaccine then caught covid about 3 weeks later. Got really ill with a bad fever, hot and cold sweating my ass off. It only lasted two days though and luckily no breathing issues. No way I would've had to go to hospital. Makes me thankful I caught it when I did as who knows what would've happened if I'd got it before the jabs. But yeah it's certainly still infecting people, especially here where the Delta variant is tearing through the country.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #537 on: July 18, 2021, 12:11:37 AM »
When I first started my regular job, I was surprised to see quite a few 40-ish coworkers already deep down the conspiracy hole, their mind gone really. But now, with anti-vaxxers going into overdrive over the COVID vaccine, I can now observe this mental death spiral in real time through their FB posts and it is sad to see.

I must say, I way very surprised (positively) when Biden straight up said that Facebook is killing people by giving these nutjobs a consequence-free platform to spread their misinformation.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #538 on: July 19, 2021, 03:39:31 PM »
my mom just told me her 75 year old boyfriend has been making bootleg copies of his own vaccine card so that his anti-vax buddies can use them to get into concerts and other public events

this guy is on dialysis 3x a week, and he was in the hospital for almost a month with covid last winter.

people are fucking deranged.

Uncle Jeffrey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #539 on: July 19, 2021, 03:53:53 PM »
A naturalist "doctor" got arrested here last week for taking vaccine cards and selling "covid pellets" which were supposed to give a lifetime immunity... Lol

What gets me about that is these people are somehow anti vax, despite all the documentation on them. yet will take a focus pellet from some quack with absolutely zero studies or science backing it