Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 57817 times)

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #720 on: August 23, 2021, 10:07:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Had an appointment this afternoon for 4.45 that I made on this government website but they called me and said their computers broken and they actually go home at 4.30
Pisses me off but I got appointment for Thursday at 3 now so should be able to get at least one phyzer in me before Brisbane goes to shit

No bullshit I give it two weeks tops, nsw has shit the bed for all of us up here and we got cases like, just on the other side of the border now

We all scrambling to get phyzer shots, it’s good we did the old and sickly first but now there’s a shitload of blokes 30s-40s stressing about if we got time for two shots
[close]
You probably don’t have enough time for both shots before it hits hard again. But, you eat crab sandwiches with filthy fingers and pour acid in your eye…you will probably be somewhat okay.

Hope so haha but still, I don’t want catch it

The Northern Territory government asked for tenders last week for transport companies to quote on taking people from darwin airport to Howard springs quarantine facility
The thing is, it’s a five year contract they want tenders for

This whole thing is legit soo crazy when you think about it, like the world is never gonna be the same again
listen to cosmic psychos

Loki700

• Rep: 74
« Reply #721 on: August 24, 2021, 08:58:50 AM »
Got the first shot of Moderna in late April and i remember feeling worried after getting it because i just didnt know how my body would react but I ended up going to work the same day and having a good skate sesh later in the afternoon. Now the second shot of Moderna wasnt too bad right after but the next morning i felt like i got hit by a car. After taking some Tylenol and moving around some the aches went away. Since getting the vaccine i really haven't even worried much about the virus or variants or wearing a mask.

I got my second shot back at the end of April, and was pretty similar with a mask until it became apparent the dominant strain in the US is the Delta variant, which the current vaccines don't prevent transmission of and don't offer full protection from.  Since then I've started wearing a mask again until they release a booster that actually accounts for the Delta variant.  My wife is also a teacher though so I've been extra cautious so I don't get her sick.
teslas are the longboards of automobiles

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #722 on: August 24, 2021, 03:51:22 PM »
I got my second shot today. Came home and took a 3 hour nap. I woke up like 20 min ago and I’ve been coughing and sneezing and my body is all achy already. I had a really good hard workout at the gym this morning in anticipation of not being up to going tomorrow.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

LUGR

• Rep: 45
« Reply #723 on: August 24, 2021, 05:24:26 PM »
I got my second shot today. Came home and took a 3 hour nap. I woke up like 20 min ago and I’ve been coughing and sneezing and my body is all achy already. I had a really good hard workout at the gym this morning in anticipation of not being up to going tomorrow.
I had my 2nd yesterday and woke up this morning with bad chills and body aches. Started getting moving around 11am and by 2pm I was feeling fine. Just have a sore arm.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #724 on: August 24, 2021, 05:24:36 PM »
It’s been 7 months since my vaccine. I’ve been out of town for work, staying in the Sacramento area where NOBODY gives a fuck about the virus, vaccines, let alone masks. Patiently waiting for my breakthrough infection.
Sooooooo… work training was shut down today, we were told to get the fuck out, get tested, and quarantine for 10 days. Someone was symptomatic and tested positive.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #725 on: August 24, 2021, 08:06:00 PM »
Expand Quote
It’s been 7 months since my vaccine. I’ve been out of town for work, staying in the Sacramento area where NOBODY gives a fuck about the virus, vaccines, let alone masks. Patiently waiting for my breakthrough infection.
[close]
Sooooooo… work training was shut down today, we were told to get the fuck out, get tested, and quarantine for 10 days. Someone was symptomatic and tested positive.

at least they told you to take care and quarantine, man. city I was in a training for only said "a participant tested positive, if you're showing signs, get tested..." adfkjsdfk;jf

I hope you didn't get it, my man. It sucks, but for me and my gal, tomorrow will be the 2 week mark to either of us being exposed and we're feeling a lot better. The shittiest aspects were going for about 7 days, and just when I thought it wasn't going away, I'm starting to feel more normal.

if you have gotten it, water, bed, movies, ibuprofin/asprin, and I don't know if you're into herbal medicines at all, but fungi perfecti makes a tincture called breathe, it's Cordyceps and Reishi extract, and it was the most helpful to bring down inflammation in the lungs and subsequently less pain and difficulty breathing https://healthyplanetshopping.com/products/breathe-extract-fungi-perfecti-host-defense-1-fl-oz-liquid?msclkid=2dafe257f8d71c1a9b3183724a0f8c14&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=CA%20-%20Healthy%20Planet%20Shopping%20-%20Shopping&utm_term=4580909043397697&utm_content=All%20Products (I don't know this site, but it's a good price). Seriously, I've got albuterol inhalers for fire season and they didn't touch this shit. I didn't really eat super well most of this time, but it felt nice to eat cookies and comforting things when I could. ice pops were nice.

sorry for the ramble. my brain is still sorta pickled. take good care homes
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #726 on: August 24, 2021, 08:45:03 PM »
Thanks dawg. I’ll look in to that supplement. Cordyceps freak me out because of the last of us… but yea, I feel a little under the weather. We were in close contact with the person, like all day, every day for the last couple weeks. last week they were coughing and I gave some side eye, they blamed it on the smoke. Even went to the bar last Wednesday. Guess they were sick sick on Friday and tested over the weekend. I have 80 hours of covid sick leave so I’m not really tripping on missing work. They said if I wasn’t symptomatic I could come back in to the office but nah, I have some tightness in my chest and a little congestion. Zero motivation to work. Half that training was rednecks from Butte, Shasta, Lake, and Humboldt(no offense) and they were talking mad shit about vaccines. So we’ll see what happens. I just don’t want to get my wife and kid sick. He’s 8 and can’t be vaccinated. I know kids are lucky and yea yea but you never know.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #727 on: August 24, 2021, 11:53:02 PM »
Thanks dawg. I’ll look in to that supplement. Cordyceps freak me out because of the last of us… but yea, I feel a little under the weather. We were in close contact with the person, like all day, every day for the last couple weeks. last week they were coughing and I gave some side eye, they blamed it on the smoke. Even went to the bar last Wednesday. Guess they were sick sick on Friday and tested over the weekend. I have 80 hours of covid sick leave so I’m not really tripping on missing work. They said if I wasn’t symptomatic I could come back in to the office but nah, I have some tightness in my chest and a little congestion. Zero motivation to work. Half that training was rednecks from Butte, Shasta, Lake, and Humboldt(no offense) and they were talking mad shit about vaccines. So we’ll see what happens. I just don’t want to get my wife and kid sick. He’s 8 and can’t be vaccinated. I know kids are lucky and yea yea but you never know.

no offense taken, man. the shitty aspects of this county are really shitty, like those rednecks. we're maaaaybe 50% vaccinated up here, maybe a little over 50. Sorry you had to be in that company. Pretty sure that's what got me too. Take care brotha. for me it started slow and hit like hard. rest up, man
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #728 on: August 26, 2021, 04:31:38 AM »
Got the phyzer, drunk, no side effects
Arm felt like tetanus shot for half a second then nothing, shits chill
listen to cosmic psychos

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #729 on: September 13, 2021, 11:25:28 PM »
Got my 2nd jab yesterday, was worried about the side effects but so far it’s been milder than the 1st.
Slightly sore arm and that’s it.
Stoked to be fully vaxxed!

e: fuckin’ murphys law. I just got slapped with a 10 day mandatory quarantine. I got exposed to asymptomatic carrier a few days ago…
Laughing about it now but I’m sure I won’t be laughing anymore once cabin fever kicks in..

Woe is me
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 05:33:15 AM by whale »

Lil Ricky

• Rep: -216
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #730 on: September 14, 2021, 07:12:41 PM »
The most impressive thing about covid is how it turned a systemically racist patriarchy into a trustworthy government that cannot be questioned. ;)

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #731 on: September 16, 2021, 05:38:56 AM »
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 05:52:42 AM by matty_c »
listen to cosmic psychos

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #732 on: September 18, 2021, 04:25:43 PM »

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #733 on: September 18, 2021, 05:04:35 PM »
The most impressive thing about covid is how it turned a systemically racist patriarchy into a trustworthy government that cannot be questioned. ;)

I think you should consider Cucktard's comment from the other thread...

"There is a subtle but important distinction I learned from the anarchists, who are the most thorough people in criticizing power, which is the distinction between criticizing authority and criticizing expertise."

You seem caught up on the authority part. You have an inherent distrust of the government, and since the government are the one's who create mandates etc, you don't want to trust them even though it's the medical experts and scientists who do all the hard work and research and then provide the vaccines. It's the experts whom you should trust, and they're the ones informing the government.

It's absolutely crazy, and quite honestly infuriating to me, that so many average Joes all of a sudden think they know better than literally thousands of medical professionals and scientists. The arrogance is dumbfounding.

You say you're vaccinated - so why are you out here trying to sew seeds of mistrust about it? It just seems very hypocritical. Like Trump constantly bashing vaccines and mandates when he himself got vaccinated. What are you trying to accomplish? It just seems like the same old "Oh you guys are such SHEEPLE! I'm so much more enlightened and know what's REALLY going on!", because you don't have a good filter for reliable information and you trust youtubers and anti-vax bros. Need to work on your critical thinking skills my friend.

Lil Ricky

• Legends Never Die
« Reply #734 on: September 18, 2021, 05:15:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"There is a subtle but important distinction I learned from the anarchists, who are the most thorough people in criticizing power, which is the distinction between criticizing authority and criticizing expertise."

You seem caught up on the authority part. You have an inherent distrust of the government, and since the government are the one's who create mandates etc, you don't want to trust them even though it's the medical experts and scientists who do all the hard work and research and then provide the vaccines. It's the experts whom you should trust, and they're the ones informing the government.

It's absolutely crazy, and quite honestly infuriating to me, that so many average Joes all of a sudden think they know better than literally thousands of medical professionals and scientists. The arrogance is dumbfounding.

You say you're vaccinated - so why are you out here trying to sew seeds of mistrust about it? It just seems very hypocritical. Like Trump constantly bashing vaccines and mandates when he himself got vaccinated. What are you trying to accomplish? It just seems like the same old "Oh you guys are such SHEEPLE! I'm so much more enlightened and know what's REALLY going on!", because you don't have a good filter for reliable information and you trust youtubers and anti-vax bros. Need to work on your critical thinking skills my friend.

Well I guess the difference between you and I is I don’t have a need to control everyone and everything. I’m okay with people making their own decisions, while you seem to be totally against that. Different strokes…

Fhk

« Reply #735 on: September 18, 2021, 05:35:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You say you're vaccinated - so why are you out here trying to sew seeds of mistrust about it? It just seems very hypocritical. Like Trump constantly bashing vaccines and mandateswhen he himself got vaccinated. What are you trying to accomplish? It just seems like the same old "Oh you guys are such SHEEPLE! I'm so much more enlightened and know what's REALLY going on!", because you don't have a good filter for reliable information and you trust youtubers and anti-vax bros. Need to work on your critical thinking skills my friend.
I agree with 99% of everything that you just stated..but you lost me when you came across as pro-mandate. I am curious in your opinion, should I have the Covid vaccine? If your answer is a simple Yes, I would like to know why. Please bear in mind that you don't know anything pertinent about me.

BugleBites

« Reply #736 on: September 18, 2021, 05:46:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well I guess the difference between you and I is I don’t have a need to control everyone and everything. I’m okay with people making their own decisions, while you seem to be totally against that. Different strokes…

And this is why it's impossible to reason with you guys - we're talking about one thing, not everything. Where did I say I'm totally against people making their own decisions? What we're talking about is something that has killed millions of people, and taking steps to help counteract it. People who don't get vaccinated are putting others at risk, period.

Anyway, it was silly to try and reason with you. I'm not wasting any more time on halfwits. 

BugleBites

« Reply #737 on: September 18, 2021, 05:49:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

You say you're vaccinated - so why are you out here trying to sew seeds of mistrust about it? It just seems very hypocritical. Like Trump constantly bashing vaccines and mandateswhen he himself got vaccinated. What are you trying to accomplish? It just seems like the same old "Oh you guys are such SHEEPLE! I'm so much more enlightened and know what's REALLY going on!", because you don't have a good filter for reliable information and you trust youtubers and anti-vax bros. Need to work on your critical thinking skills my friend.
[close]
I agree with 99% of everything that you just stated..but you lost me when you came across as pro-mandate. I am curious in your opinion, should I have the Covid vaccine? If your answer is a simple Yes, I would like to know why. Please bear in mind that you don't know anything pertinent about me.

Nah, all the information on exactly WHY you should get vaccinated is easily accessible and has been for a long time. I'm not wasting my time trying to explain common sense to you. You can read.

Fhk

« Reply #738 on: September 18, 2021, 05:51:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Nah, all the information on exactly WHY you should get vaccinated is easily accessible and has been for a long time. I'm not wasting my time trying to explain common sense to you. You can read.
I have almost no human contact. How's that for common sense? I can read, but can you think?

Lil Ricky

• Legends Never Die
« Reply #739 on: September 18, 2021, 05:56:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

And this is why it's impossible to reason with you guys - we're talking about one thing, not everything. Where did I say I'm totally against people making their own decisions? What we're talking about is something that has killed millions of people, and taking steps to help counteract it. People who don't get vaccinated are putting others at risk, period.

Anyway, it was silly to try and reason with you. I'm not wasting any more time on halfwits.

I'm vaccinated, so are you. Why are you freaking out? Does the vaccine not protect us?

BugleBites

« Reply #740 on: September 18, 2021, 06:41:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I have almost no human contact. How's that for common sense? I can read, but can you think?

That's a good start. You shouldn't put others at risk so staying away from others if you're an anti-vaxxer is just about the best thing you can do. That's what those of us who are responsible and actually care about others would prefer you do. Stay the fuck away from us.

Lil Ricky

• Legends Never Die
« Reply #741 on: September 18, 2021, 06:46:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

That's a good start. You shouldn't put others at risk so staying away from others if you're an anti-vaxxer is just about the best thing you can do. That's what those of us who are responsible and actually care about others would prefer you do. Stay the fuck away from us.

You do realize us vaccinated folks can still get it and transmit it too, right? Also, why should the vaccinated be afraid of the unvaccinated? Are we not protected?

BugleBites

« Reply #742 on: September 18, 2021, 07:04:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

You do realize us vaccinated folks can still get it and transmit it too, right? Also, why should the vaccinated be afraid of the unvaccinated? Are we not protected?

I think you need to read what you just wrote again, haha. Literally answered your own question before you asked it.

Lil Ricky

• Legends Never Die
« Reply #743 on: September 18, 2021, 07:14:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I think you need to read what you just wrote again, haha. Literally answered your own question before you asked it.

The vaccine doesn't prevent catching or spreading covid, even to other vaccinated people. The vaccine is supposed to reduce symptoms and hospitalizations. As long as you're vaxxed, you're protected, but you don't seem very confident in the efficacy of the vaccine, as you are still afraid of the unvaxxed.

Fhk

« Reply #744 on: September 18, 2021, 07:24:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I'm not an anti-Vaxxer. And who is "us" I am assuming you mean judgmental fools? I live in a extremely unpopulated area, so it continues to be my pleasure to stay away from people like you. In fact it was my plan, and I got to tell you it is working out amazing. Good luck with the shitty circumstances you may have created for  yourself. Hey look I can judge strangers too. Oh well..take care son I got some moose in the backyard right now and they are more entertaining than you.

BugleBites

« Reply #745 on: September 18, 2021, 07:28:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The vaccine doesn't prevent catching or spreading covid, even to other vaccinated people. The vaccine is supposed to reduce symptoms and hospitalizations. As long as you're vaxxed, you're protected, but you don't seem very confident in the efficacy of the vaccine, as you are still afraid of the unvaxxed.

Nope. Not even bothering with you anymore dude. You're dumb as shit. 

Lil Ricky

• Legends Never Die
« Reply #746 on: September 18, 2021, 07:31:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nope. Not even bothering with you anymore dude. You're dumb as shit.

Do you think that bolded part isn't true? The only difference between the vaxxed and unvaxed is the vaxxed are protected from severe symptoms, hospitalization, and death, where the unvaxed are not. I'm not sure what your issue is, since all you seem to do is hurl insults.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 07:49:46 PM by Lil Ricky »

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #747 on: September 19, 2021, 05:58:36 AM »
Hear our prayer:

Lord below,
Your abysmal horrors we call forth.
Awaken, rise up and cleanse this earth with fire.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #748 on: September 19, 2021, 07:29:35 AM »
Hear our prayer:

Lord below,
Your abysmal horrors we call forth.
Awaken, rise up and cleanse this earth with fire.

"God gave Noah the rainbow sign / No more water, the fire next time"

newguy

« Reply #749 on: September 19, 2021, 07:42:48 AM »
« Ta liberté s’arrête là ou celle des autres commence »

All I have to say regarding COVID vaccines