Author Topic: Zion of Nike  (Read 36330 times)

themeangreen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -75
Zion of Nike
« on: March 03, 2021, 09:13:13 PM »
Just announced it. On New Balance? ES?

TheDingus

Re: Zion of Nike
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 09:15:30 PM »
Could see him on cariuma

AfterBlackEnderEnder

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 09:37:56 PM »
I was a huge fan of this kid but then came the Red Bull visors and dressing like Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man and his skating became less enjoyable.

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 09:46:54 PM »
This is quite surprising. Maybe he wanted to go to a less bloated team so he could be more of a focus.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

Ed boy

• Rep: 79
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 09:51:16 PM »
Hard to believe Adidas, Vans or NB would pay him more than Nike but you never know

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 09:55:09 PM »
This is quite surprising. Maybe he wanted to go to a less bloated team so he could be more of a focus.
honestly i could be wrong but, i’m assuming this is just one of the cuts that nike is rumored to be making. i can’t really think of one person that has left nike by choice, especially someone riding for red bull who doesn’t mind being deemed a “sell out” there’s absolutely no reason you would quit nike if you are honest about being apart of skateboarding partially for the check, i think the way he worded himself was probably to avoid the honest “i got the boot” and make it sound like it was his choice, this is just my assumption though with absolutely no backing evidence  :)

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 09:56:45 PM »
The “can’t wait to see what my future holds” line makes me think that he actually got cut and is just trying to be positive about it.

shredslap

• Rep: -2
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 09:58:57 PM »
The “can’t wait to see what my future holds” line makes me think that he actually got cut and is just trying to be positive about it.
Dude was featured on the Ellen show so...

shrimptoastcrunch

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 10:07:04 PM »
On Asics or some crazy shit outta left field?

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 10:26:17 PM »
I find it surprising a productive skater with an agent would be cut rather than his contract is just not renewed

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 10:26:34 PM »

That does sound like it but Nike is a major sponsor of the US Olympic team and Zion is going to the Olympics so it would be weird to drop him. Maybe something happened and they’re distancing themselves for some reason? Looking at their team list on the website, there are way more people I’d think are less productive or less potentially profitable than Zion. Terp is still listed on there for Christ’s sake.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2021, 10:44:21 PM »
Didn't someone say that Nike was delaying signing dudes because of COVID? If true, maybe Zion didn't want to wait.
The chillest1

Ghost Face

• Rep: 95
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2021, 10:49:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That does sound like it but Nike is a major sponsor of the US Olympic team and Zion is going to the Olympics so it would be weird to drop him. Maybe something happened and they’re distancing themselves for some reason? Looking at their team list on the website, there are way more people I’d think are less productive or less potentially profitable than Zion. Terp is still listed on there for Christ’s sake.

Maybe Zion isn't going to Olympics anymore? The team hasn't been updated since mid last year. I think they would pick whomever is at their peak in the run up to the event. Maybe Zion isn't up for the risk of travel and Covid hassles with tests and quarantine etc etc. Nike would of been paying Olympic Hopefuls quite a bit for them to be in peak condition. Maybe he said Fuck It, and Nike said Fuck You.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Limp Krook

• Rep: -1
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2021, 11:07:22 PM »
Is he not in peak condition tho? As is nyjah

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2021, 11:07:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Maybe Zion isn't going to Olympics anymore? The team hasn't been updated since mid last year. I think they would pick whomever is at their peak in the run up to the event. Maybe Zion isn't up for the risk of travel and Covid hassles with tests and quarantine etc etc. Nike would of been paying Olympic Hopefuls quite a bit for them to be in peak condition. Maybe he said Fuck It, and Nike said Fuck You.
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=111807.0
yup i'm sure this dude is really worried about covid
are kids hyped on zion? i can't see him really having a cool factor or whatever

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2021, 11:11:35 PM »
This is pretty surprising to me. I’m wondering if maybe he got an offer somewhere else that included a pro model shoe? Nike seems to be weird with pro models and maybe that’s something he wanted?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2021, 11:17:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m sure kids are stoked on Zion. He’s got a fair amount of IG followers and is verified on there (so he has some importance) and beyond that, if he’s going to the Olympics (to Ghost Face’s point, I wonder if something has happened within the last year that would impact the Olympics and delay the need to provide updates on teams...), he’s going to get a lot of attention outside of what young skaters care about. Which I would think could be valuable to Nike.

MalHuis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2021, 11:21:42 PM »
Who?

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2021, 11:25:43 PM »
Maybe he asked Nike if they knew about the culture of skateboarding.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2021, 11:36:09 PM »
New Balance seems like the obvious pick, especially given the Foy connection. Wasn’t expecting the Nike departure though

Safariferrari

• Rep: 41
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2021, 11:36:45 PM »
Maybe he asked Nike if they knew about the culture of skateboarding.
Not sure if Zion even knows about the culture of skateboarding

Ghost Face

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2021, 11:42:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I’m sure kids are stoked on Zion. He’s got a fair amount of IG followers and is verified on there (so he has some importance) and beyond that, if he’s going to the Olympics (to Ghost Face’s point, I wonder if something has happened within the last year that would impact the Olympics and delay the need to provide updates on teams...), he’s going to get a lot of attention outside of what young skaters care about. Which I would think could be valuable to Nike.

I think with it being about 3 months away the USA "selectors" will be looking at who's in condition and the best choices to send over. Maybe Zion isn't on the shortlist anymore. Louie was on in 2019 then not in 2020. I don't think the same guys and girls on the current team page are the definite final team choices.

If Zion is still going, which I hope he is, I could see him in NB.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

AfterBlackEnderEnder

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2021, 12:13:50 AM »
Ishod is like the best guy on Nike in terms of all around ability. He either got a better deal somewhere else or Nike really cleaning house. Is nyjah even still on Nike? if you search for his shoe on Nike dot com, it’s not up there anymore....

Fixed that for ya chief

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2021, 12:23:55 AM »
F

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2021, 12:45:19 AM »
Zion was like the best guy on Nike in terms of all around ability. He either got a better deal somewhere else or Nike really cleaning house. Is nyjah even still on Nike? if you search for his shoe on Nike dot com, it’s not up there anymore....
welcome to slap zion

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2021, 12:48:06 AM »
I can't see him on any other brand than Nike

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2021, 12:54:18 AM »
I fucks with Zion heavy
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2021, 12:59:29 AM »
Weiger & Willis Kimbel are off are as well.

poopingbutts

• Rep: -2
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2021, 01:01:29 AM »
Is he really doing the fallen thing? I know Chris cole is there again, but it definitely lost some of the allure it once had. I heard a rumor adio is making a comeback

Ghost Face

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2021, 01:10:24 AM »
Weiger & Willis Kimbel are off are as well.

I thought someone else must be off. The team page has a nice even square of riders. If they dropped just Zion then the page aesthetic would be off.  ;D