Author Topic: nakel lotties rant  (Read 177801 times)

fs180

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -267
Re: nakel lotties rant
« Reply #330 on: May 24, 2021, 08:33:28 PM »
When lotties cool guys someone its totally in your head because he let me pet his dog thats so rad and chill and steez.
Such gnarly place to go to. So rad dude. Skateshops dude. New sick ass board gripped up by the super chill guy on the counter. He was so rad. Such a chill guy. Support skateshops they never cool guy anyone 90 percent of the time its in your head.
You are a almost 30 year old man being worried about being cool guyd in a skateshop? Not chill.
Fuck nak. 100 percent of the time he's not chill and not rad and not gnarly. He never let me pet his dog. Hes not rad or chill.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #331 on: May 24, 2021, 08:40:11 PM »
When lotties cool guys someone its totally in your head because he let me pet his dog thats so rad and chill and steez.
Such gnarly place to go to. So rad dude. Skateshops dude. New sick ass board gripped up by the super chill guy on the counter. He was so rad. Such a chill guy. Support skateshops they never cool guy anyone 90 percent of the time its in your head.
You are a almost 30 year old man being worried about being cool guyd in a skateshop? Not chill.
Fuck nak. 100 percent of the time he's not chill and not rad and not gnarly. He never let me pet his dog. Hes not rad or chill.

Uhm, are you being sarcastic?
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #332 on: May 24, 2021, 09:05:54 PM »

You are the definition of recreational outrage.

NeimanMarxist

• Rep: -11
« Reply #333 on: May 24, 2021, 09:06:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Pretty sure the focusing boards thing is an obvious joke between dude and his homies bruh seems like the joke went over your head bruh
[close]

ok i guess you're right.  i'd probably be laughing my ass off if i was at a skatepark minding my own business when some c list skater/actor/rapper came over to me out of the blue, focused my board that I had broken in and gotten used to, and handed me some trash square ass FA log with no grip and no tools to change it out. 

hilarious.  you're right i need to lighten up

also, great role model for kids!  it totally wouldn't lead to kids that look up to me thinking shit like that was ok and then start jacking kids boards as a "hilarious joke"
[close]
you think he’s focusing random kids that he doesn’t know boards? Bruh you’re out of touch. It’s an obvious joke between him and his homies. You’re reaching.
[close]

Long time lurker, first time poster, stoner park regular. Nak was 100% focusing completely random strangers boards. Not only his homies. He was focusing dudes he 100% does not know. This is factual.
[close]

I can back that up too. I talked to people at Stoner the day he came through and focused random people's boards. That is a fact for sure. I know one person (a Stoner regular) had just set up a new board that day and Nak took it and focused it against his wishes.
[close]
oh my god this makes this so much funnier!!! nakel doing this at random is so on brand for his hardcore LA skater persona its almost too good!

Expand Quote
I'm relatively new to the LA area.  When I went into Kingswell (before I lived here), I was welcomed immediately by DJ, and have had great experiences every time.  The one time I went in to Lottie's to check it out and buy some stuff to support the shop, Mike Lottie came out from the back, checked me out, decided I wasn't cool enough, and went back into the back to continue modifying a Baker logo deck with a sharpie.  I'm not a "fuck Lottie's" guy, but I definitely got cool guy-ed out of there. Never went back.
[close]

dude if you got cool guyed at lotties i dont know what to tell you. maybe you should try not being a socially awkward kook next time you go and maybe you could get some bro points with the locals. it was my first time ever there and i even got to pet mike's dog lmao
Wow, did you get to suck his dick too?

NeimanMarxist

« Reply #334 on: May 24, 2021, 09:11:12 PM »
13 pages over some stupid innocuous shit, I wonder why? Some of you guys can’t wait to shit on black skaters ,and frankly, it’s pathetic.

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #335 on: May 24, 2021, 09:26:39 PM »

Mr Cheese Resurrection

« Reply #336 on: May 24, 2021, 10:18:21 PM »
Nakel definitely needs to shut up at this point. I’m all for equality but not every single situation needs to be about it. Maybe Lotties just wants to focus on skateboarding? Like Jordan said, republicans buy shoes too. Keep it skate, not everything has to be political or about race. Shits getting old

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #337 on: May 24, 2021, 10:26:47 PM »
Expand Quote
13 pages over some stupid innocuous shit, I wonder why? Some of you guys can’t wait to shit on black skaters ,and frankly, it’s pathetic.
[close]
this right here

The sec a black skater speaks his mind it’s “HES OUT OF LINE AND CRAZY”

Ah yes, citing race to get out of an indefensible position.  As if Nakel hasn’t demonstrated countless times he’s an bully and an idiot and in this specific instance said nothing of substance.  It’s a shame we’re deferring his dream of never being held accountable for being a C- human being

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 126
« Reply #338 on: May 24, 2021, 10:59:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
this right here

naw the sec a skater of any race focuses strangers boards it's ".......................FUCKING KOOK."
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

Buttholesurfer

• Rep: 13
« Reply #339 on: May 24, 2021, 11:00:05 PM »
Just go to Kingswell. DJ is super cool to everyone. And they’ve supported the locals.

The LA skateboard scene in general can be pretty shitty, especially when you get up in the “celebrity” skaters realm.
Los Angeles, professional skateboarding and Hollywood all have a problem with self inflating egotism and entitlement by themselves, and when you combine them it’s a perfect shit hurricane of terrible behavior.

Or, go buy a 10 year old warped Chocolate deck from LA Dave and call it a day.

Damn I skate those LA Dave boards all day man lol. Just tell him to let you check how flat it is on his counter.

NeimanMarxist

« Reply #340 on: May 24, 2021, 11:00:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
this right here

[close]

Ah yes, citing race to get out of an indefensible position.  As if Nakel hasn’t demonstrated countless times he’s an bully and an idiot and in this specific instance said nothing of substance.  It’s a shame we’re deferring his dream of never being held accountable for being a C- human being
There are people in this thread saying he is amongst the worst skating has to offer. This is an industry filled with some genuinely evil people but the guy who does some childish shit from time to time is a monster. I’m not a fan of nak’s skating or how he is portrayed in skate media, but all of this seems like an inordinate amount of vitriol over a guy saying fuck a skate shop. If you don’t think his race has at least something to do with it, then that’s on you.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #341 on: May 24, 2021, 11:27:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
this right here

[close]

[close]
There are people in this thread saying he is amongst the worst skating has to offer. This is an industry filled with some genuinely evil people but the guy who does some childish shit from time to time is a monster. I’m not a fan of nak’s skating or how he is portrayed in skate media, but all of this seems like an inordinate amount of vitriol over a guy saying fuck a skate shop. If you don’t think his race has at least something to do with it, then that’s on you.

Bruh... this shit not even close to racial. Y'all are running on fumes on a counter argument if that is the only rebuttal you've got. A bunch of skaters get ostracized for dumb views and strange behavior. Nak is just the latest. He's gotta actually explain shit in detail to go attacking a shop so harshly because drunk incoherent IG lives ain't enough. I'm down to listen if something actually happened but honestly nobody has provided any real reasoning yet as to why his behavior is valid. I like his skating, I don't like his raps, and aside from the random board focusing, I'll attribute most of his degenerate his behavior to being young. We all been there at one point.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #342 on: May 24, 2021, 11:38:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
this right here

[close]

[close]
if you’re racist just say it

Don’t hide it

Your username is Anti Hero 666.  Unless you’re being ironic that is the whitest shit in the world, so I don’t know why you’re trying to instigate Helter Skelter over shit you know nothing about

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 57
« Reply #343 on: May 24, 2021, 11:43:56 PM »
anti hero six you got the vibes of one of those scrawny white kids bashing in windows of black and latino owned businesses in the name of anarchy. just vibes tho, obviously idk you
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #344 on: May 25, 2021, 12:34:50 AM »
i said something stupid lets make a meme out of it

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #345 on: May 25, 2021, 12:44:54 AM »
lol so disagreeing with Nak on his social media outrage is racist? Or am I missing something here?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #346 on: May 25, 2021, 12:46:54 AM »
Footage of fs180 lurking SLAP has just been released:

https://youtu.be/Cy4mztkndHk

fs_filip

• Rep: 2
« Reply #347 on: May 25, 2021, 01:11:26 AM »

dumbest shit I read today and I just woke up

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #348 on: May 25, 2021, 03:09:12 AM »
no its not. they are a design collective going with time and grabbing cultural references and ideas from the past and make them new and not one pair of slim fitting jeans.
they will be around a lot longer than some of you guys are hoping for.

would you laugh about how David bowie dressed? would you think he would have made that much of an impact if he was just a regular boring guy with a t-shirt and some jeans? the world view some of you guys have is far to boring for me.

Are you comparing Nak to David Bowie? You remove the flashy outfits and David Bowie is still a cultural icon-- aboring outfit with jeans he is still Ziggy Stardust

You kids throwing on a Bart Simpson Tshirt while skating to the Smashing Pumpkins or some other extremely popular 90s band does not make you "a design collective grabbing cultural references from the past and making them new" youre nothing more then cultural scavangers unaware of how fucked you really are.

Fucking compares Nak to Bowie, fuck you.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #349 on: May 25, 2021, 03:36:32 AM »
Zumiez about to hook every shop up with a dog to keep it authentic

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #350 on: May 25, 2021, 03:41:04 AM »
I got cool guyed at Lottie's. I was in there, hiding behind this plant in the corner, and then when owner walked out I jumped out and yelled 'Spaghett!' and owner walked back out back and drew on primitive board with sharpie. I removed my tail and left feeling hella cool guyed.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #351 on: May 25, 2021, 04:39:10 AM »
It's scary to get called out for being a racist when stating the obvious
Nak was a shithead way before this Lotties episode
It has nothing to do with colour period

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #352 on: May 25, 2021, 05:45:49 AM »

Wait til you see how many pages the bam thread is.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #353 on: May 25, 2021, 06:30:57 AM »
I'm not saying it doesn't happen (cuz it does), but a lot of people I've met who complain about being "cool guy'd" at a shop are usually uncomfortable people who otherwise never participate in their local scene. Pleasant interaction goes both ways and sometimes it's on you if that interaction is awkward. Can't speak for LA/Lotties, around here it's almost always the case where the person complaining is frankly kinda just unpleasant.

donkey

• Rep: -65
  • donk
« Reply #354 on: May 25, 2021, 06:37:24 AM »
I got cool guyed at Lottie's. I was in there, hiding behind this plant in the corner, and then when owner walked out I jumped out and yelled 'Spaghett!' and owner walked back out back and drew on primitive board with sharpie. I removed my tail and left feeling hella cool guyed.
i audibly laughed at this one thank you

listen guys, we all know in this day and age you gotta take what you can get with being a cool skateboarder. ill do the heavy lifting for the guys in here who got a little stink in their panties that they're not as cool as me.

jk lol yeah idk ive been cool guyed before obviously. this same trip to LA i tried to dap up kevin bradley at venice park and he stared me down before skating away from me. i was a little annoyed at this so when i saw him post on instagram the night afterwards i commented calling him out and asking why he didnt dap me up, but i was doing so in a joking way.

next thing you know hes posting story after story about how mad he is at me and how he isn't gonna dap anyone up that he doesn't know and how he doesn't owe me shit. i got such a good kick out of it. i can post screenshots if you guys wanna see

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #355 on: May 25, 2021, 06:42:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

listen guys, we all know in this day and age you gotta take what you can get with being a cool skateboarder. ill do the heavy lifting for the guys in here who got a little stink in their panties that they're not as cool as me.

jk lol yeah idk ive been cool guyed before obviously. this same trip to LA i tried to dap up kevin bradley at venice park and he stared me down before skating away from me. i was a little annoyed at this so when i saw him post on instagram the night afterwards i commented calling him out and asking why he didnt dap me up, but i was doing so in a joking way.

next thing you know hes posting story after story about how mad he is at me and how he isn't gonna dap anyone up that he doesn't know and how he doesn't owe me shit. i got such a good kick out of it. i can post screenshots if you guys wanna see

What does Dap up mean
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

skatingisntspecialstupid

« Reply #356 on: May 25, 2021, 06:54:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What does Dap up mean

It refers to safe and intimate activities between two or more consenting partners

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #357 on: May 25, 2021, 06:59:05 AM »
I'm not saying it doesn't happen (cuz it does), but a lot of people I've met who complain about being "cool guy'd" at a shop are usually uncomfortable people who otherwise never participate in their local scene. Pleasant interaction goes both ways and sometimes it's on you if that interaction is awkward. Can't speak for LA/Lotties, around here it's almost always the case where the person complaining is frankly kinda just unpleasant.

It's not the business's job to make the customer feel comfortable when they walk into a shop, but it's a good pratice to do so to every person that walks through the door. And "participate in their local scene" in order to feel comfortable shopping at a store sounds like come cool guy shit.

skatingisntspecialstupid

« Reply #358 on: May 25, 2021, 07:03:00 AM »
Participate in the local scene = hangout skate and party with teenagers

I’m not cool or patient enough for that

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #359 on: May 25, 2021, 07:09:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's not the business's job to make the customer feel comfortable when they walk into a shop, but it's a good pratice to do so to every person that walks through the door. And "participate in their local scene" in order to feel comfortable shopping at a store sounds like come cool guy shit.

By "participate", I mean just being friendly with people in your scene. The kind of people I'm referring to are generally stand off-ish and think they're "too good" to be friends with people. And when they complain about being "cool guy'd", what they usually mean is that they didn't get special treatment. Like this guy:

Participate in the local scene = hangout skate and party with teenagers

I’m not cool or patient enough for that

Again, not saying cool guy shop owners aren't a thing, but I think that's a perspective worth considering. And when I see people who think supporting their scene = "partying with teenagers", I have to assume they're just kinda unpleasant to deal with.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 07:25:08 AM by pizzafliptofakie »