Author Topic: 2023 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 171618 times)

modern life is war

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
Re: 2023 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #360 on: January 25, 2023, 07:33:55 AM »
Curren caples needs more respect

LoL

Why?
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #361 on: January 25, 2023, 07:41:04 AM »
People need to start including the date or at least year in the names of their video parts.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #362 on: January 25, 2023, 08:32:57 AM »
Social acceptance is overrated, even amongst fellow skaters. I don't even know why I made this account.

Agreed, everyone should be lonely and miserable.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #363 on: January 25, 2023, 08:56:03 AM »
People need to start including the date or at least year in the names of their video parts.

The filming date in the bottom right of each clip

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -453
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #364 on: January 25, 2023, 09:07:10 AM »
I haven’t worn dickies since my sophomore homecoming because after some random drunk guys at a diner clowned me for wearing dickies in front of my date “and he got the dickies on!” very traumatic to me, I have no interest in skating in pants made out of recycled Christmas wrapping paper idk how you guys do it

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #365 on: January 25, 2023, 09:09:52 AM »
Also I feel like people who complain about slamming in the winter don’t actually skate in the winter, slamming in four layers and a thick hoodie is a trillion times easier than slamming in a thin t shirt. If you run it out and take it on the shoulder you literally don’t feel it at all if you have a couple hoodies on

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #366 on: January 25, 2023, 09:11:07 AM »
Curren caples needs more respect
He has one of the best styles ever. Wish he put out more footage though.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #367 on: January 25, 2023, 09:12:01 AM »
I haven’t worn dickies since my sophomore homecoming because after some random drunk guys at a diner clowned me for wearing dickies in front of my date “and he got the dickies on!” very traumatic to me, I have no interest in skating in pants made out of recycled Christmas wrapping paper idk how you guys do it

oooof, that must have stung. About 8 years ago, I was once pumping gas after shaving my beard into power-burns. I was on some bumfuck country music artist style.

So I'm pumping gas, just doing my thing, and from a couple pumps over I hear this guy say and repeat, "I LOOK GOOD IN MY MUUUTTON CHOOOOPS!"

It wasn't funny at the time, but now it kind of is. I haven't worn chops like that to this day.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #368 on: January 25, 2023, 09:21:34 AM »

I wore Dickies all through high school, but now when I feel that cheap polyester shit, my skin crawls. I don't own any pants and hardly any clothing made from petrochemicals.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
« Reply #369 on: January 25, 2023, 09:35:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wore Dickies all through high school, but now when I feel that cheap polyester shit, my skin crawls. I don't own any pants and hardly any clothing made from petrochemicals.

Same, my wife turned me off polyester clothes a couple of years ago and now when I'm shopping and looking for t shirts or whatever I can instantly feel when it's a poly/cotton blend. Shit feels so gross.

Super hard to find socks that are 100% cotton though.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

IpathCats

« Reply #370 on: January 25, 2023, 09:37:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

oooof, that must have stung. About 8 years ago, I was once pumping gas after shaving my beard into power-burns. I was on some bumfuck country music artist style.

So I'm pumping gas, just doing my thing, and from a couple pumps over I hear this guy say and repeat, "I LOOK GOOD IN MY MUUUTTON CHOOOOPS!"

It wasn't funny at the time, but now it kind of is. I haven't worn chops like that to this day.

I've got some pretty beefy chops myself.

Grow em back,

poosey.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #371 on: January 25, 2023, 09:49:44 AM »
Also I feel like people who complain about slamming in the winter don’t actually skate in the winter, slamming in four layers and a thick hoodie is a trillion times easier than slamming in a thin t shirt. If you run it out and take it on the shoulder you literally don’t feel it at all if you have a couple hoodies on
I had a similar conversation here the other day but here in SoCal it’ll be in the high 40s/low 50s and it’s not comfortable to skate in a puffy jacket. It’s a dry cold so you get hot and sweaty really fast. So I’m out in one hoodie or maybe a long sleeve shirt.l, covered in sweat but my hands and feet are cold. If you stop skating you get cold again because you’re covered in sweat. And the sidewalk is still super cold if the suns not out and that’s not fun to slam on.

This may not be what you consider winter but to us it is.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #372 on: January 25, 2023, 10:00:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Same, my wife turned me off polyester clothes a couple of years ago and now when I'm shopping and looking for t shirts or whatever I can instantly feel when it's a poly/cotton blend. Shit feels so gross.

Super hard to find socks that are 100% cotton though.

Yeah, elastic is what makes socks actually work. Obviously I make exceptions for things like the elastic waist on my sweatpants, underwear and socks. I do have some 100% wool socks, including several knit pairs knit by my girlfriend, but they're pretty terrible for skating.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #373 on: January 25, 2023, 10:14:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I had a similar conversation here the other day but here in SoCal it’ll be in the high 40s/low 50s and it’s not comfortable to skate in a puffy jacket. It’s a dry cold so you get hot and sweaty really fast. So I’m out in one hoodie or maybe a long sleeve shirt.l, covered in sweat but my hands and feet are cold. If you stop skating you get cold again because you’re covered in sweat. And the sidewalk is still super cold if the suns not out and that’s not fun to slam on.

This may not be what you consider winter but to us it is.

Dude right before I sprained my ankle I was dealing with this and I was almost thinking how it was almost just as bad as skating In 30/40 degree NYC

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #374 on: January 25, 2023, 11:14:24 AM »
I can feel my Achilles snapping just talking about it. 

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #375 on: January 25, 2023, 12:13:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Grow em back,

poosey.

You won't be calling me a pusswah after I shave a fumanchu as soon as I get home tonight!!!

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #376 on: January 25, 2023, 12:28:27 PM »

i hate this happened to you, but i cant help but laugh.  i have a very similar experience

i'm 36 now but i guess i had to be like 13.... i'm at the mall on a friday night.  i'm dressed terribly but i think my shit dont stink.  i had on a visor, a basketball jersey, some baggy Caffeine pants and like dad new balances.  i was hanging out with a girl and group of older dudes started laughing at me once they saw me.  "yooo he got on them new New Balances!"  they said other shit but that stuck in my head lol. i was mortified, so now i cant even look at new balances hahaha

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2157
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #377 on: January 25, 2023, 12:41:36 PM »
@IpathCats = Jon Dickson: confirmed.

EDIT: Or maybe Jerry Gurney.
Fuuuck… There goes my ironclad proof.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #378 on: January 25, 2023, 12:57:44 PM »
Lazer flips look beautiful
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 37
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #379 on: January 25, 2023, 01:02:22 PM »
Lazer flips look beautiful

The dude from timecode, can’t remember if it was Mike Hayes or John Drake - those were some nice laser flips. Haven’t seen one I’ve liked since then if I’m being honest

IpathCats

« Reply #380 on: January 25, 2023, 01:15:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Grow em back,

poosey.
[close]

You won't be calling me a pusswah after I shave a fumanchu as soon as I get home tonight!!!

godspeed brother

pics or it didnt happen.

Expand Quote
[close]
@IpathCats = Jon Dickson: confirmed.

EDIT: Or maybe Jerry Gurney.
Fuuuck… There goes my ironclad proof.

.....Nah

But a few months after the lockdowns when they were at their beefiest, they def resembled dickson's at points.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #381 on: January 25, 2023, 01:16:41 PM »
Billy Marks wearing a beanie on his wedding day was absolutely based

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 279
« Reply #382 on: January 25, 2023, 02:27:29 PM »
Gloves are an added bonus

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 140
« Reply #383 on: January 25, 2023, 03:08:23 PM »
Current Alien is one of the most dignified legacy brands out there

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #384 on: January 25, 2023, 03:20:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Current Alien is one of the most dignified legacy brands out there
[close]

Honestly not the worst update of a classic graphic I have seen. The og exalt the new God is better tho

KyleG

« Reply #385 on: January 25, 2023, 04:13:53 PM »
Having fun on a skateboard is cool, being a skateboarder is lame as shit.

Heshrat

• Rep: -2
« Reply #386 on: January 25, 2023, 06:32:54 PM »
I like wearing thin pants so I can watch my board under me
I did your mom

switchfakie

« Reply #387 on: January 25, 2023, 06:33:37 PM »

lets be real man, the only people who say this have never been a part of a solid crew before

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #388 on: January 25, 2023, 06:35:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lets be real man, the only people who say this have never been a part of a solid crew before
Never been part of a solid crew but being a skateboarder rules. It feels like you know a secret nobody else knows. You are secretly better than everyone because you can do a tre frip

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #389 on: January 25, 2023, 06:36:24 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cnzbdz1gmIG/?igshid=MWI4MTIyMDE=

David Gonzalez fucking rules and he 100% deserved SOTY that year