Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3063627 times)

no name cargos plug

Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #41370 on: March 11, 2020, 09:47:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Got scheduled for an interview where I work, looking at a big raise for an essentially cushier job. Wish me luck pals!
[close]
Got the job. Stoked to be drinking good coffee on a day off, chilling with my loving cats and listening to music. The snow outside is slowly starting to melt...
[close]
YEAH!  Always happy to hear someone comin' up, big props mayne
Much appreciated and best of luck to everyone trying to get ahead.

theSketchLord

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41371 on: March 11, 2020, 10:45:04 AM »
My girl is getting more work hours, means she has some more cash and is less stressed.
Also means I get a few days to myself to chill, smoke and catch up on some movies.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41372 on: March 11, 2020, 05:44:09 PM »
Sunset is 7 pm  ;D . I can skate after work again. And I got my frontside noseslides back today

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #41373 on: March 12, 2020, 03:52:49 AM »
This coming up: https://liveskateboardmedia.com/en/article/event-roundabout-festival-nozbone-sergej-vutuc-richard-hart

Worth checking out, for all the Parisian heads on here (or anybody in Paris next week).

(of course I totally posted this in the completely wrong thread yesterday)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #41374 on: March 12, 2020, 05:53:39 AM »
$3500 tax return. Sometimes I catch a small break.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #41375 on: March 12, 2020, 08:06:05 PM »
The union finally came in and tore our supervisors a new asshole. It was like siccing a pitbull on them. He was a big black dude in a suit and just scared the shit out all of them. It was so dope.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #41376 on: March 13, 2020, 03:40:44 AM »
The union finally came in and tore our supervisors a new asshole. It was like siccing a pitbull on them. He was a big black dude in a suit and just scared the shit out all of them. It was so dope.

Same thing happened to us at the beginning of the week. A small, mid-50's lady just ran through all the foremen at my work and scared the shit out of them. It was beautiful. I could hear the yelling through the closed door. I will never, ever fuck with this lady, I am legitimately scared of her after witnessing this. So much attitude in such a small frame.

As for me, I'm stoked there's another winter storm today, I have a long and sketchy ride to work, and have lots of overtime accumulated, ain't no way I'm going in today. I'm going to go train instead.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 03:43:40 AM by TheBoognish »

Yu Dum

« Reply #41377 on: March 13, 2020, 09:58:19 AM »
Due to my dad being a paranoid stoner, he's gone out of his way to buy both of us an ounce each.
I normally only buy quarters at a time, so I'm gonna be straight for the next month.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #41378 on: March 13, 2020, 10:09:23 AM »
Got a gram of wax.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41379 on: March 14, 2020, 12:19:30 AM »
Met "The Traveller" Kenny Reed in the flesh today while he was in Singapore for a regional skate competition. I camped around the park hoping to bump into him, finally saw him, his wife and child going towards a mall. Was starstruck, first pro I ever met IRL, and he was so friendly and chill. He's really tall.

He even signed 2 boards I had in my stash - a Kenny Reed popwar and a Populis board numbered 44/500. First time I got an autograph from a pro IRL.

Shalom moment for sure.

While I was outside wrapping up the boards in cling film some random came up to me and asked if I wanted some wheels. Got brand new ones from a local company Fakie.

Also picked up a brand new setup off a 2nd shop for $10. Element deck (urgh) but with brand new Indy hollows, Spitfire F4 Classics and bearings. Took me an hour to get there but it was worth the trip.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 12:22:22 AM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #41380 on: March 14, 2020, 01:48:30 AM »
Sunset is 7 pm  ;D . I can skate after work again. And I got my frontside noseslides back today
  What does sunset have to do with skating after work?
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #41381 on: March 14, 2020, 02:14:35 PM »
Last day of school then break. After class, chilled + smoked with a classmate for the first time. She straight up asked me what's wrong with you lol. She knew I was crazy. Like her a lot

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #41382 on: March 14, 2020, 02:16:10 PM »
Met "The Traveller" Kenny Reed in the flesh today while he was in Singapore for a regional skate competition. I camped around the park hoping to bump into him, finally saw him, his wife and child going towards a mall. Was starstruck, first pro I ever met IRL, and he was so friendly and chill. He's really tall.

He even signed 2 boards I had in my stash - a Kenny Reed popwar and a Populis board numbered 44/500. First time I got an autograph from a pro IRL.

Shalom moment for sure.

While I was outside wrapping up the boards in cling film some random came up to me and asked if I wanted some wheels. Got brand new ones from a local company Fakie.

Also picked up a brand new setup off a 2nd shop for $10. Element deck (urgh) but with brand new Indy hollows, Spitfire F4 Classics and bearings. Took me an hour to get there but it was worth the trip.

This sounds like a rad day, it's cool he was friendly too I always hate finding out someone you like or look upto is a bit of a dick

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #41383 on: March 14, 2020, 02:22:33 PM »
Gundam narrative dub is on youtube

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #41384 on: March 14, 2020, 03:05:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Earths gravity is lighter on human beings (ONLY humans so don’t go tell your stupid dog he can jump higher) if the sun sets at 6:55pm or later. VHS is able to pop his board high enough to lock into a front nose due to the lighter gravity.

I guarantee you can jump over a moving Toyota Corolla with this. Needs to be head on and filmed though.

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #41385 on: March 14, 2020, 06:19:43 PM »
Hiked about 10 miles today, currently lounging in a bitching Airbnb with my girl, and we have two more days to hang in this mountain town. Previous to this weekend I had not had a day off in about 6 weeks.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41386 on: March 14, 2020, 07:48:50 PM »
Making music with electronic boxes.  Funnily enough its renewed my interest in guitar.  Completely changed my approach.  If u need guitar inspiration it might help to buy a groove box and leave the geetar alone for a minute.  Edit i dont own any of the above but i got to play someone elses shit for the last 2 months.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #41387 on: March 15, 2020, 03:00:06 AM »
filmed a trick im hyped on with the main filmer in the scene, totally inconsequential as a 24 years old but 14 year old me is hyped

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41388 on: March 15, 2020, 04:24:01 AM »
Expand Quote

Shalom moment for sure.

[close]

This sounds like a rad day, it's cool he was friendly too I always hate finding out someone you like or look upto is a bit of a dick

He was really chill and so was his wife. I was trying my best not to be a weirdo while being star struck at seeing a pro IRL.

Took the tape measure out to check the wheels I got for free. They were Slim's, probably 101a which is great since I was looking at getting some Bones V3 Easy Streets.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Dr Dew

« Reply #41389 on: March 15, 2020, 04:30:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41390 on: March 15, 2020, 05:23:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Yah Tyree!

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #41391 on: March 15, 2020, 09:21:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Earths gravity is lighter on human beings (ONLY humans so don’t go tell your stupid dog he can jump higher) if the sun sets at 6:55pm or later. VHS is able to pop his board high enough to lock into a front nose due to the lighter gravity.

I guarantee you can jump over a moving Toyota Corolla with this. Needs to be head on and filmed though.

Exactly.

Yu Dum

« Reply #41392 on: March 16, 2020, 07:35:51 AM »
Just bought a decent massage gun for roughly $70. Gets here Thursday.

animalflesh

« Reply #41393 on: March 16, 2020, 02:03:01 PM »
Just bought a decent massage gun for roughly $70. Gets here Thursday.

Dude sometimes it the only way to loosen up my hip

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41394 on: March 17, 2020, 01:27:22 AM »
Lombok is really pretty.  Super mellow shrooms. 

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41395 on: March 17, 2020, 07:34:49 PM »

Stay safe out there, Indonesia has reported a surprisingly low number of cases. I would assume the worst that they are not testing or under-reporting their cases.

Line up must be empty so more waves to yourself!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #41396 on: March 17, 2020, 09:52:34 PM »
Had the last big union meeting today. This shit has taken a while but met with the head of ours today at a secret meeting out of town after work hours, workers only. He was the shit, super relatable, super smart and understanding. He was the shit. He wanted all the fucking dirt. I'll be a representative for my office and we are going to meet with the executives of our organization and it's fucking go time. So much mud getting spilled today it was fucking sick. Everything I heard about this guy was true, he was the shit.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41397 on: March 17, 2020, 11:41:59 PM »
Had the last big union meeting today. This shit has taken a while but met with the head of ours today at a secret meeting out of town after work hours, workers only. He was the shit, super relatable, super smart and understanding. He was the shit. He wanted all the fucking dirt. I'll be a representative for my office and we are going to meet with the executives of our organization and it's fucking go time. So much mud getting spilled today it was fucking sick. Everything I heard about this guy was true, he was the shit.

I was about to ask for an update on the union situation.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41398 on: March 18, 2020, 04:26:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Stay safe out there, Indonesia has reported a surprisingly low number of cases. I would assume the worst that they are not testing or under-reporting their cases.

Line up must be empty so more waves to yourself!
   Yah the crowds arent bad.   Im starting to trip tho.  For real. (About cutting the trip off short so i dont get stranded and about the world generally my family and loved ones and yours too basically.) thanks bro. 

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #41399 on: March 18, 2020, 06:11:16 PM »
It's a small gesture, but as a freelancer I often get paid through PayPal while working with companies. I try to use other ways of payment because PayPal takes a small percentage for a business transaction, but some companies strictly use it to pay.

I got paid today from a client I worked with and they overpaid me so that the fees PayPal takes is covered. In this case it was equivalent to only 14 dollars or so, but it just caught me by surprise since no one's ever done that. It made me happy especially during the coming months when I'm sure the amount of freelance work I'll be getting will dry up for a bit.

Irvine-Sucks.com