Author Topic: Jobs  (Read 141663 times)

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
Re: Jobs
« Reply #870 on: November 24, 2021, 10:50:19 PM »
I work as a Fund admin at one of the largest insurase company in Sweden. It's alright, pays alright.

I start at 07:00 and get the fuck out at 15:30. 90% of my work is done with headphones. The co-workers are kinds of alright. However, there's plenty of high school drama shit. Oh, well.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #871 on: December 05, 2021, 02:22:27 PM »
I work as a Fund admin at one of the largest insurase company in Sweden. It's alright, pays alright.

I start at 07:00 and get the fuck out at 15:30. 90% of my work is done with headphones. The co-workers are kinds of alright. However, there's plenty of high school drama shit. Oh, well.

Huh, I guess all jobs there are kind of the same. Except I loathe my coworkers.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

dofrenzy

« Reply #872 on: December 05, 2021, 05:39:03 PM »
I left my computer career in 2019 after 23 years.  Unix/Linux sysadmin type stuff.

Stay at home Dad for about 2.5 years after that, which included LOTS of skating.  E.g. - In October I averaged a 42 minute skate every day of the month on my backyard mini.

3 weeks ago started part-time as a package handler for one of the big package moving/delivery companies.

Also own 2 buildings with 9 apartments total for the past 10 years, so landlord and property manager for that time as well.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #873 on: December 05, 2021, 11:11:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Huh, I guess all jobs there are kind of the same. Except I loathe my coworkers.

Yeah, probably the same.

Sharp-o

• Rep: -6
  • WAH! Haippia spotille!
« Reply #874 on: December 06, 2021, 05:24:27 AM »
Been working at McD for a few months now. Kinda liking it making my own money is sick!

Fhk

« Reply #875 on: December 06, 2021, 08:02:39 AM »
Been working at McD for a few months now. Kinda liking it making my own money is sick!
Shit ya man! Good for you

Sharp-o

• Rep: -6
  • WAH! Haippia spotille!
« Reply #876 on: December 06, 2021, 08:05:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Shit ya man! Good for you

Thanks lad. I tought that k would be total garbage but it is not half bad.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #877 on: December 06, 2021, 10:16:28 AM »
software tester for robots
ONTARIO CANADA

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #878 on: December 06, 2021, 01:12:12 PM »
IT or software testing seems like it would cool to me. At least your inside, clean, use your brain, and probably not too physically toast to skate. Im about to start a job as a vehicle inspector this month. Likely checking for damage for wholesale or auction cars or something like that. It's probably going to suck since I'm going to be outside all day and the winters are gnarly here and the pay is low.

I plan to keep apply to digital marketing jobs since that's what I studied but trying arrange interviews is going to be challenging.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #879 on: December 07, 2021, 04:00:35 AM »
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Fhk

« Reply #880 on: January 05, 2022, 04:19:52 AM »
4.5 Million Americans quit their job in the month of November. Any thoughts on this?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #881 on: January 05, 2022, 04:29:40 AM »
Happy for those who can somehow afford to quit their jobs.  Sorry for those who have to support them.  Not downplaying the importance of mental health, though.

Been looking into other career options outside of the low paying, back breaking construction gig I’m in now.  Downloaded an app that teaches you how to code last night.  My head hurt and eyes were burning after about 20 minutes.  Guess it’s not for me.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #882 on: January 05, 2022, 08:28:21 AM »
4.5 Million Americans quit their job in the month of November. Any thoughts on this?

Didn't a lot of this have to do with the vaccine mandates?

I have a lot of friends/family that are in healthcare and they all said a bunch left/got fired because they refused to get the vaccine.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #883 on: January 05, 2022, 08:56:13 AM »
Elemantary School Librarian, I absolutely love it. Kids get to come in, I read to the younger ones and the older ones I play a quick game with them. Get to know the students and connect with them with stuff that I like and learn stuff they like. I get a lot of down time in between classes so I listen to a lot of music and watch skate videos.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #884 on: January 05, 2022, 09:03:09 AM »
Elemantary School Librarian, I absolutely love it. Kids get to come in, I read to the younger ones and the older ones I play a quick game with them. Get to know the students and connect with them with stuff that I like and learn stuff they like. I get a lot of down time in between classes so I listen to a lot of music and watch skate videos.
That sounds great. My kid loves the library. I wish I had the foresight when I was younger to think about what I wanted to do when I “grow up.” I like what I do now and it’s fulfilling, sometimes. I just think about all the better shit I could be doing and get envious.

Fhk

« Reply #885 on: January 05, 2022, 09:08:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have a lot of friends/family that are in healthcare and they all said a bunch left/got fired because they refused to get the vaccine.
I'm not sure.. I would read up on it, but I'm sure its all political finger pointing at this point.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #886 on: January 05, 2022, 09:32:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I'm not sure.. I would read up on it, but I'm sure its all political finger pointing at this point.

Not gonna lie, at my wife's hospital (Southern CA) all the people who quit/got fired for the refusal to get the jab were MAGA people. And they all said they're going to move to a "free" state i.e. Florida, Indiana, Texas, Kansas, etc.

nevrwasben

« Reply #887 on: January 05, 2022, 01:52:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Not gonna lie, at my wife's hospital (Southern CA) all the people who quit/got fired for the refusal to get the jab were MAGA people. And they all said they're going to move to a "free" state i.e. Florida, Indiana, Texas, Kansas, etc.
The OC would be soooooo amazing if all of those people actually did move away

baker3G

• Rep: -64
« Reply #888 on: January 05, 2022, 02:11:48 PM »
What do you do for work? I sit in an office, by myself for 12 hours a day doing whatever. Lots of time to lurk.

I just started an office job.. how do you not loose your shit?!

This Slap board helps for like an hour a day... what about the other 7 hours!? Theres not enough Dumb Data or Gifted Hater content to keep me entertained or "busy" for the entire week. lol

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #889 on: January 05, 2022, 02:43:38 PM »
Expand Quote
What do you do for work? I sit in an office, by myself for 12 hours a day doing whatever. Lots of time to lurk.
[close]

This Slap board helps for like an hour a day... what about the other 7 hours!? Theres not enough Dumb Data or Gifted Hater content to keep me entertained or "busy" for the entire week. lol

When possible, every couple of hours, get up and walk around.

If you can work and listen to something, subscribe to audible or some kind of digital books from your library, you'd be surprised how many books you can get through.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #890 on: January 05, 2022, 04:26:34 PM »

I didn’t quit and I’m not American, but I did like seemingly millions of others change jobs in the last few months. The great resignation they call it. The last place I worked had close to 80% turn over if I had to guess, including some people quitting without another job lined up. Mind you the place was being run poorly and burnout was a huge factor.

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
« Reply #891 on: January 05, 2022, 09:25:08 PM »
Currently a product marketer for a ad tech company and doing Glider Skateboards with my wife (and some friends who help on the side). Dream would be to Glider full time, but cant quit my day job just yet!

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #892 on: January 06, 2022, 06:45:52 AM »
Currently a product marketer for a ad tech company and doing Glider Skateboards with my wife (and some friends who help on the side). Dream would be to Glider full time, but cant quit my day job just yet!

Which tech company?

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #893 on: February 08, 2022, 02:52:34 PM »
Anybody here work in UX Design?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #894 on: February 08, 2022, 04:54:40 PM »
I can tell you're a Cocteau Twin fan from your board graphics and titles.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #895 on: February 09, 2022, 05:39:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

When possible, every couple of hours, get up and walk around.

If you can work and listen to something, subscribe to audible or some kind of digital books from your library, you'd be surprised how many books you can get through.

About 6 months in your soul dies and then it's smooth sailing.

Paul_Glider Skateboards

« Reply #896 on: February 09, 2022, 04:12:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I can tell you're a Cocteau Twin fan from your board graphics and titles.

Yup, hope to make the graphics and aesthetic a homage to the shoegaze/dreampop scene

Anybody here work in UX Design?

My wife does! She did the UX Springboard bootcamp and did a career change with it. Wasn't easy, thats for sure. But thankfully she was able to transition internally to an associate product design gig, which was the best case scenario. Kudos to her for networking and sticking through it

-

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #897 on: February 09, 2022, 04:34:58 PM »
I had a short stint doing something that i dreamed of and went to school for. Management was toxic as hell. Exaggerated our results, fired people for no reason, made bad decisions, and created a bad safety culture. I called em out for all this shit and low and behold i got the boot. Even though some of my work was enough to apparently secure millions in funding. Fuck working for other people. Do the bare minimum and fuck off or work for yourself.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #898 on: February 10, 2022, 08:28:21 AM »
Been doing illustrating gigs as well as working for several stock agencies, which I'm fucking stoked on! Husband is trying to get a remote job. There's free land in several states due to the rapidly decreasing population in the area. Yinz wanna move to Kansas and try to legalize curb dancing?

https://momsmakecents.com/free-land/
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Paul_Glider Skateboards

« Reply #899 on: February 10, 2022, 09:16:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Which tech company?

Need a little anonymity here so I'll have to stay mum. But its a small-ish tech w/ ~300 employees

-