Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8733981 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #42660 on: August 05, 2021, 11:16:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Vans Canada site has some Wayvee colours up that I don't think we've seen before. The green/floral one is a Brighton Zeuner colourway.

[close]
I try not to be negative on here, but I straight up hate EVERYTHING about that shoe
[close]

I was gonna make a joke about “even the laces?” but I hate oval laces so carry on.

A murdered out colorway of that shoe might be neat.

Justin Henry’s colorway looked to be just that

Shuh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #42661 on: August 06, 2021, 02:34:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Vans Canada site has some Wayvee colours up that I don't think we've seen before. The green/floral one is a Brighton Zeuner colourway.

[close]
I try not to be negative on here, but I straight up hate EVERYTHING about that shoe
[close]

I was gonna make a joke about “even the laces?” but I hate oval laces so carry on.

[close]

I really dont get that cupsole design, wouldn't those WAVYEE warp make the shoe unnecessary stiff? I hope there's a review soon im really curious.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #42662 on: August 06, 2021, 05:42:09 AM »
i saw a photo somewhere of someone in the dime wayvee's in baggy cut hem pants and they looked really good. looks like they fit incredible. that being said i won't buy them.
good come sausage

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42663 on: August 06, 2021, 08:57:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
the blue dime ones were the only good ones.

And justin henry is getting that all black colorway that im kinda down with but mostly because justin henry
[close]
a heads up, its not all black. its brown with a textured surface and it might wear away to red if i remember.

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #42664 on: August 06, 2021, 10:18:13 AM »
Expand Quote
the blue dime ones were the only good ones.

And justin henry is getting that all black colorway that im kinda down with but mostly because justin henry
[close]
a heads up, its not all black. its brown with a textured surface and it might wear away to red if i remember.

Oh sick, thanks for the intel. I though they looked a little different, cant wait to see more of that

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42665 on: August 06, 2021, 04:21:07 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

pro club blanks

« Reply #42666 on: August 06, 2021, 05:13:21 PM »
That choice of laces on the wayvee (max b's estate needs to ask vans whatup) is the worst most egregious afront to my lace ocd >:(

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #42667 on: August 06, 2021, 09:23:38 PM »
closer look at justin henry's wayvee colorway from his story

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #42668 on: August 06, 2021, 11:55:54 PM »
closer look at justin henry's wayvee colorway from his story

Looks intriguing.

Wayvee is my favorite type of shoe to get posted on here.   One where i look at it and just think it’s whatever/not for me, but for others it generates such hatred and bile for such a innocuous design

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #42669 on: August 07, 2021, 01:55:36 AM »
The Wayvee is just a bastardized version of the Crockett 2 with some 90s flair on it: logos and rubber layers...

Change my mind.

I'm impartial to it and think it could be a cool shoe if marketed right (good colors/collabs) or it could be a shitshow if they do more Frog-like (Zeuner colorways) versions. It's like a new old shoe in my eyes.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42670 on: August 07, 2021, 02:12:56 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #42671 on: August 07, 2021, 02:16:35 AM »
If vans really want to dig into their “tech” past, they should at least go all out and bring back the monk 2

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #42672 on: August 07, 2021, 04:31:21 AM »
I really dont get that cupsole design, wouldn't those WAVYEE warp make the shoe unnecessary stiff? I hope there's a review soon im really curious.

In the minority here but I much prefer a shoe that keeps a “new shoe” feel for as long as possible. Hurts less. I’m old(ish) but can still flip.

Nearly all 00’s sk8 shoes *still* turn into ballet pumps/ankle rollers around the forefoot/flick area once the materials have thinned out a small amount. I mean come on! It’s just wasteful.

Despite some better manufacturing methods basic wear problems still aren’t getting fixed.

The new Vans have a heel shank which is interesting but would also be useful side-to-side across the forefoot? Don’t expect to see this anytime soon mind you.

Had this thought as I’ve been experimenting a bit with insole stiffeners (trying to protect a jammed big toe that was becoming chronic) as a bonus I’ve found, if you additionally prevent the front of the (well worn) shoe twisting/rolling left to right.... you can keep skating an older shoe long past the usual throw away date well into smooth tread/shoo goo times.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #42673 on: August 07, 2021, 04:57:37 AM »
If vans really want to dig into their “tech” past, they should at least go all out and bring back the monk 2

or these old omar hassan joints that i had in grey, but spray painted red first, then silver.

i don't know why but the pic wont show

Shuh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #42674 on: August 07, 2021, 10:08:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In the minority here but I much prefer a shoe that keeps a “new shoe” feel for as long as possible. Hurts less. I’m old(ish) but can still flip.

Nearly all 00’s sk8 shoes *still* turn into ballet pumps/ankle rollers around the forefoot/flick area once the materials have thinned out a small amount. I mean come on! It’s just wasteful.

Despite some better manufacturing methods basic wear problems still aren’t getting fixed.

The new Vans have a heel shank which is interesting but would also be useful side-to-side across the forefoot? Don’t expect to see this anytime soon mind you.

Had this thought as I’ve been experimenting a bit with insole stiffeners (trying to protect a jammed big toe that was becoming chronic) as a bonus I’ve found, if you additionally prevent the front of the (well worn) shoe twisting/rolling left to right.... you can keep skating an older shoe long past the usual throw away date well into smooth tread/shoo goo times.

I pretty sure the first Kyle Walker cupsole was as stiff as any thickish cupsole skate shoe. I just find it unnecessary from the them come up with a new design, but like i said ill wait for a review

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #42675 on: August 07, 2021, 10:14:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I pretty sure the first Kyle Walker cupsole was as stiff as any thickish cupsole skate shoe. I just find it unnecessary from the them come up with a new design, but like i said ill wait for a review

That one was stiff for present day Vans. Felt great for the first week and then all the characteristic soggy Van's vulc feel comes rushing in and you either hate them or love them at that point. I loved the KWalks initially because it was an actual supportive feeling stiff shoe with boardfeel. But overtime, they just lost their structure too quickly for my tastes, so back to Soletech cupsoles it was for me.

The R&D for that shoe was spot on to make a durable, but functional shoe. Maybe they're pulling from the same well for the Wayvee?

At this point, I no longer skate Van's so my suggestions aren't as useful for new models.
Super Champion Fun Zone

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #42676 on: August 07, 2021, 11:50:35 AM »
The Wayvee is just a bastardized version of the Crockett 2 with some 90s flair on it: logos and rubber layers...

Change my mind.

I'm impartial to it and think it could be a cool shoe if marketed right (good colors/collabs) or it could be a shitshow if they do more Frog-like (Zeuner colorways) versions. It's like a new old shoe in my eyes.

I kind of see it as what the Kyle Walker 2 would want to be if it had laces instead of a Velcro strap.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
« Reply #42677 on: August 07, 2021, 01:44:39 PM »

Haha remember when DC managed to become cool again for 7 months?

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #42678 on: August 07, 2021, 01:59:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I legit thought those were a new colorway of the Lucien Clarke LV shoe til I saw this reply and looked closer

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #42679 on: August 07, 2021, 02:38:16 PM »
Expand Quote

Change my mind.

[close]

I kind of see it as what the Kyle Walker 2 would want to be if it had laces instead of a Velcro strap.

The Wayvee seems to skate pretty well and I also think it will be easy to find it in the sales section. $100 seems a bit high to me ...

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #42680 on: August 07, 2021, 02:52:32 PM »
that price is crazy. Aren't crocket highs $80?
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #42681 on: August 07, 2021, 03:31:07 PM »

Reynolds pro shoe in the works or a colorway for the halfcab?

Who knows.

Sorry if already been posted.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 03:44:51 PM by DISTANT RUMOURS »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42682 on: August 07, 2021, 03:37:47 PM »

Reynolds pro shoe in the works or a colorway for the halfcab?

Who knows.

Sorry if already been posted.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 03:44:44 PM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #42683 on: August 07, 2021, 03:45:22 PM »
Mystery solved!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42684 on: August 07, 2021, 07:33:02 PM »
Mystery solved!

Reynolds posted a photo of it sometime late last year.

Crevex

• Rep: -17
« Reply #42685 on: August 07, 2021, 07:36:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Well DC tech is better than all the bs vulcanize crap the shoe industry has to offer nowadays… only vans matters when it comes to vulcs and if i am to choose a corp shoe brand, it’s only NB numeric that matters

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
« Reply #42686 on: August 07, 2021, 08:14:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Mystery solved!
[close]

Reynolds posted a photo of it sometime late last year.

I’m kinda bummed Reynolds didn’t want to add a cup sole to the half cab.

Then again he’s not jumping like crazy anymore
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #42687 on: August 07, 2021, 11:06:55 PM »
can someone photoshop a toecap on a halfcab i need fuel for catharsis

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #42688 on: August 08, 2021, 01:38:14 AM »
Def feels like a missed opportunity for wafflecup... maybe not as easy to switch, maybe the Crockett Hi is supposed to be the ankle protect/cupsole joint for Vans (never had a pair, not sure about the padding round there though)

foureyedjim

« Reply #42689 on: August 08, 2021, 06:22:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Well DC tech is better than all the bs vulcanize crap the shoe industry has to offer nowadays… only vans matters when it comes to vulcs and if i am to choose a corp shoe brand, it’s only NB numeric that matters

PSA: you can’t collab with a dead artist.  This is corny. 
This is some uniqlo shit.