Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1733782 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1247
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: real confessions
« Reply #9720 on: September 18, 2020, 07:28:11 PM »
Sometimes I’ll try to divide by zero on a calculator just to fuck with it.  Daddy loves watching it squirm and struggle.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Peter Zagreus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #9721 on: September 20, 2020, 06:16:59 PM »
Expand Quote
I’ve chalked up losing my kickflips due to a horrible ankle roll at 23, but realize I lost the timing and muscle memory after I recovered, and that loss of timing had slowly taken over a majority of my tricks
[close]

That's been my problem for years ever since I rolled my back ankle. I try experimenting with different techniques and the closest one I've gotten to a decent kickflip was practicing doing an ollie in the kickflip position and then moving your foot slightly off. Even then my bad habits come to fruition and I'll land one out of maybe 25-50.

Just do fakie flips, guys. Momentum is your friend.

moneymoneymoney

« Reply #9722 on: September 21, 2020, 12:26:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’ve chalked up losing my kickflips due to a horrible ankle roll at 23, but realize I lost the timing and muscle memory after I recovered, and that loss of timing had slowly taken over a majority of my tricks
[close]

That's been my problem for years ever since I rolled my back ankle. I try experimenting with different techniques and the closest one I've gotten to a decent kickflip was practicing doing an ollie in the kickflip position and then moving your foot slightly off. Even then my bad habits come to fruition and I'll land one out of maybe 25-50.
[close]

Just do fakie flips, guys. Momentum is your friend.
fakie flips are most certainly not my friend. i too am a member of the bad ankle club. ive recently upgraded from having 1 bad ankle to now having 2 bad ankles.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #9723 on: September 22, 2020, 06:37:54 PM »
If you remove Fred from the equation - Significant Other has some great tunes on it.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #9724 on: September 22, 2020, 10:26:14 PM »
If you remove Fred from the equation - Significant Other has some great tunes on it.

I never understood how such good musicians could join Fred. But he sure as fuck made them gazillions they probably would never have earned.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9725 on: September 23, 2020, 02:42:02 PM »
i hate most skaters based off push alone . i fucking hate an arrogant push more than anything
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

moneymoneymoney

« Reply #9726 on: September 23, 2020, 03:21:01 PM »
i hate most skaters based off push alone . i fucking hate an arrogant push more than anything

flaccid pushes really grind my gears. Sinner is a prime example, combined with his arm sway and you get the perfect combo for hitting the "vert button."

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #9727 on: September 24, 2020, 01:35:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

flaccid pushes really grind my gears. Sinner is a prime example, combined with his arm sway and you get the perfect combo for hitting the "vert button."

I somehow can't stand it when skaters push around and then hover the foot next to the board for too long. even worse when turning. often mixed with this exaggerated chin up/ neck strech while looking out for the obstacle as if they are a captain on a pirates boat trying to spot something on the horizon. nothing is more fake steez than that imo

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • breathcakes
« Reply #9728 on: September 28, 2020, 09:56:31 AM »
high risk roommate moved out, so i went to the skatepark for the first time in ages. was planning to wear a mask but no-one else was so i figured it's probably fine since it's outside. tried to keep distance but there's that one spot where a bunch of us wait to take a run, and there was also this sketchy dude who got kinda close to me. woke up feeling really stupid and very anxious. i should have just worn a mask.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #9729 on: September 29, 2020, 01:45:19 AM »
Good for you. I'm sure you'll be fine though, transmission outside seems very low
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Featherdale wildlife park

« Reply #9730 on: October 06, 2020, 05:34:21 AM »
Punching is for poseurs

doublesteveburger

« Reply #9731 on: October 06, 2020, 04:18:47 PM »
I cut a session short recently completely and 100% due to some dude tripod filming himself ripping. I don’t care how good you are - you do that when no ones around like the rest of us. Have some shame.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #9732 on: October 08, 2020, 03:55:43 PM »
I cut a session short recently completely and 100% due to some dude tripod filming himself ripping. I don’t care how good you are - you do that when no ones around like the rest of us. Have some shame.

You did the right thing. If someone rips and can't get anyone to film them, there is probably a real good reason.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 698
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #9733 on: October 12, 2020, 01:10:11 AM »
I love designs on griptape. Like flowers and the jimi hendrix one. Grizzly griptape might be my favorite grip actually
Holy shit, I think you should keep that one to yourself and that's coming from a chronic over sharer.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

nevrwasben

« Reply #9734 on: October 12, 2020, 04:51:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I love designs on griptape. Like flowers and the jimi hendrix one. Grizzly griptape might be my favorite grip actually
[close]
Holy shit, I think you should keep that one to yourself and that's coming from a chronic over sharer.
[close]
Before you say the griptape sucks, have you considered shutting the fuck up?
He didn’t say the grip sucks, although heavily implied.
But while we’re overreacting, why don’t you go fuck yourself??

nevrwasben

« Reply #9735 on: October 12, 2020, 07:41:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Its a play off his signature. Pull those panties out of your ass, you don’t have to save everyone on slap buddy
Missed your joke, pardon me while I go fuck myself

Hombreezy

« Reply #9736 on: October 12, 2020, 08:38:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Its a play off his signature. Pull those panties out of your ass, you don’t have to save everyone on slap buddy
[close]
Missed your joke, pardon me while I go fuck myself
I love you mate, apparently a guy named Jesus does too. Jah bless

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 578
« Reply #9737 on: October 13, 2020, 12:19:50 AM »
Really thought I was bound to meet Dylan and Grosso in person one day. Take care of yourselves and have a yearly check up.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Cellular

• Rep: 16
« Reply #9738 on: October 14, 2020, 09:49:00 PM »
I know im new here and all so I dont really expect anyone to care too much, I just feel like this a safe space to get all this shit off my chest

Freshman year I spent well over $300 on nicotine, mostly with money i made s3lling my perscription to upperclassmen.  It was just that for a long time until i started smoking weed.  Never that frequently, it just wasnt my thing back then.  For my birthday one of my closer friends gave me six bars as a present.  I got addicted to them fast, and Im 100% sure they were fake but I loved the way it made me feel. It got to a point where I couldnt sleep without taking two.  I mellowed out but I was addicted for a year or so, but the doc wasnt refilling so I had no income, therefore i couldnt afford em anymore. i remember the withdrawls sucked but i dont remember that much, just that i lost all motivation and stopped eating/sleeping.  Since then ive stayed realitivly clean, but I relapsed a couple months ago.  Im a lightweight when it comes to drinking, which is nice bc a handle lasts me much longer.  Right now i take these muscle relaxers i found in the medicine cabinet and they work amazingly

Ive been stuck in two shitty relationships that ended up going nowhere and left me more down than before.  Rejection by family severerly affected me,  and to be happy in a relationship i need constant reassurance bc I have really bad trust issues nd a poor self image.  My parents consistently emotionally abusing me does not help  i feel like the way ive been treated in the past severely fucks up any chance of a healthy relationship.  I just recently confessed feelings to my dream girl and she friendzoned me and now she ghosting me.  didnt expect it to hurt this bad,  i thought we had a good thing going

I wish I could get therapy or meds but my parents dont believe in mental health  :-\
They also said I will be severely punished if I self harm again, even though the time they caught me it was nothing compared to later.  I wish they were kidding but the way they treated me after that i wouldnt be suprised if I got a few bruises

I want to be successful one day, so as annoying as it is, I try in school and get super bummed when I get below a B.  RN i got two high bś and an A and im super proud of that. 

I coulda had my drivers license but I put it off so now I cant take the test until december

I barely got any friends, and the ones I do just arent the type I can talk about this stuff to.  They amazing people, I just hate putting burden on people im close with.  Im pretty reserved and I dont really talk much, only if spoken to or if i warmed up to you first.  I really hate swearing but I swear a lot.  I also love to talk shit on everything, even if I like it.

On the light side, Im progressing in skating pretty fast, classes switch next week, and my drivers test is coming up.  super bummed halloween hellbomb cancelled this year

oh and over the past couple months Ive read this whole thread.  hope you guys are well even tho idk u guys ily <3

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it

« Reply #9739 on: October 15, 2020, 05:07:30 AM »
It’s ok man. I love you.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1878
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9740 on: October 15, 2020, 10:59:16 AM »
It’s ok man. I love you.

I love you too internet stranger. This place can be full of Fred Gall and TK shitposting but there are "some" good people here.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 578
« Reply #9741 on: October 15, 2020, 04:21:33 PM »
Expand Quote
It’s ok man. I love you.
[close]

I love you too internet stranger. This place can be full of Fred Gall and TK shitposting but there are "some" good people here.
May your Shaloms be blessed and your Heineken fresh.
Love y’all!

Also, check if your college has counselors available. Mine used to have therapist/counselors that you could see for free. It’s worth a shot to see if the campus clinic can offer you this.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

« Reply #9742 on: October 16, 2020, 04:47:51 AM »
I love you as well rocklobster. I love you all and I will cry for any of you.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 790
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #9743 on: October 17, 2020, 06:19:20 AM »
I barely got any friends, and the ones I do just arent the type I can talk about this stuff to.  They amazing people, I just hate putting burden on people im close with.
I 100% guarantee that at least one of your friends would want to know about the struggles you are going through. A true friend would not feel like you are "putting a burden on them" by talking about your issues. They would want to know because they would want to help. I know that it feels like to you that they wouldn't, but that's low self-esteem talking back to you in your head
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Cellular

« Reply #9744 on: October 17, 2020, 12:24:15 PM »
Expand Quote
I barely got any friends, and the ones I do just arent the type I can talk about this stuff to.  They amazing people, I just hate putting burden on people im close with.
[close]
I 100% guarantee that at least one of your friends would want to know about the struggles you are going through. A true friend would not feel like you are "putting a burden on them" by talking about your issues. They would want to know because they would want to help. I know that it feels like to you that they wouldn't, but that's low self-esteem talking back to you in your head

I just feel bad becuase alot of it theres not really anything they can do, and I dont wanna make anything akward yk?

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 790
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #9745 on: October 17, 2020, 01:03:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I just feel bad becuase alot of it theres not really anything they can do, and I dont wanna make anything akward yk?
How do you know that there's not anything that they can do if you've never brought it up? And even if there isn't anything that they can do, it still means a lot to know that someone else can empathize with you. That's how I have always approached things, anyways. You should do whatever you think is best for you, though.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Cellular

« Reply #9746 on: October 17, 2020, 04:30:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
How do you know that there's not anything that they can do if you've never brought it up? And even if there isn't anything that they can do, it still means a lot to know that someone else can empathize with you. That's how I have always approached things, anyways. You should do whatever you think is best for you, though.

I appreciate the support man i really do.  Ill bring it up tonight and see how that goes.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #9747 on: October 17, 2020, 05:04:28 PM »
Ive been skating longer than i havent been skating and still have ugly push and look awkward as fuck on the board most days

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1878
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9748 on: October 17, 2020, 06:19:03 PM »
Ive been skating longer than i havent been skating and still have ugly push and look awkward as fuck on the board most days

I have a decent ledge game but my ollies are ugly as hell, none of those nose bone and my back foot regularly leaves my deck. I attribute it to spending hours at the train station squatting way too low to try and get height on my ollie's instead of learning to get the proper drag technique when I first started out.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Cellular

« Reply #9749 on: October 18, 2020, 09:20:51 PM »