Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1535359 times)

matty_c

• Rep: 59
Re: real confessions
« Reply #9720 on: September 08, 2020, 04:11:09 PM »
I reckon joints and stuff are same as any  moving part that breaks down over time
I donít know if thereís like a set number of swivels you get or anything but anyway I am suss on fixies, wear your knee out doing shit like that I save mine for other things
Onespeed ok just not fixie
listen to cosmic psychos

Frank

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #9721 on: September 08, 2020, 05:10:00 PM »
I reckon joints and stuff are same as any  moving part that breaks down over time
I donít know if thereís like a set number of swivels you get or anything but anyway I am suss on fixies, wear your knee out doing shit like that I save mine for other things
Onespeed ok just not fixie

that's kind of a joke amongst us because my friend dislikes fixies. i'm riding a single speed. i'd like to have one to fuck around and learn stuff like riding backwards with, but i wouldn't part with my bike for one.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
    • Cigarettes for Cardio
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9722 on: September 09, 2020, 09:13:07 AM »
Iíve chalked up losing my kickflips due to a horrible ankle roll at 23, but realize I lost the timing and muscle memory after I recovered, and that loss of timing had slowly taken over a majority of my tricks

Featherdale wildlife park

« Reply #9723 on: September 12, 2020, 03:38:41 AM »
Birdman. Switch bodyjar. Propaganda.
#maddogbowl

Frank

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #9724 on: September 12, 2020, 10:55:30 AM »
Iíve chalked up losing my kickflips due to a horrible ankle roll at 23, but realize I lost the timing and muscle memory after I recovered, and that loss of timing had slowly taken over a majority of my tricks

same, i'm on a mission to get them back though. hard to do since the weather been fairly unstable lately and i seem to have only free time when it rains.

off

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
  • no gods no masters
« Reply #9725 on: September 12, 2020, 08:30:00 PM »
i drunkenly focused my deck for the first time and im scared how much that relieved my stress.....

non skate related issues but man i feel better.

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1259
« Reply #9726 on: September 12, 2020, 08:38:52 PM »
donít be

being bad feels so good sometimes

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #9727 on: September 12, 2020, 11:26:02 PM »
i drunkenly focused my deck for the first time and im scared how much that relieved my stress.....

A focused deck is better than most other destructive alternatives

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #9728 on: September 13, 2020, 03:52:33 PM »
Someone posted an instagram post on here from a skateboarding news account and I went in the IG comments and told them they should focus it, then the next day the account had disappeared. I felt kinda bad but also like I'd affected change in the world that day. Just wanted to get that off my chest
Stop hating and actually learn something about textile production. You dont know shit about that.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #9729 on: September 14, 2020, 06:19:14 PM »
I probably skate my trunk/rain/junk setup, more than any of my other, much nicer setups.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
« Reply #9730 on: September 14, 2020, 06:51:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
A focused deck is better than most other destructive alternatives

It helps release the pent up anger and stress a lot. Especially when you can physically grasp it. Yeah some kid could skate it but you gotta our yourself first so you can help other later.

I probably skate my trunk/rain/junk setup, more than any of my other, much nicer setups.

Just brought out mine and my bearings and bushings are mad squeaky. Is the secret using your board more?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9731 on: September 14, 2020, 07:26:52 PM »
Someone posted an instagram post on here from a skateboarding news account and I went in the IG comments and told them they should focus it, then the next day the account had disappeared. I felt kinda bad but also like I'd affected change in the world that day. Just wanted to get that off my chest

did they block you

Tommy G

• Rep: -20
« Reply #9732 on: September 18, 2020, 10:31:29 AM »

That's been my problem for years ever since I rolled my back ankle. I try experimenting with different techniques and the closest one I've gotten to a decent kickflip was practicing doing an ollie in the kickflip position and then moving your foot slightly off. Even then my bad habits come to fruition and I'll land one out of maybe 25-50.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 604
« Reply #9733 on: September 18, 2020, 07:28:11 PM »
Sometimes Iíll try to divide by zero on a calculator just to fuck with it.  Daddy loves watching it squirm and struggle.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 56
« Reply #9734 on: September 20, 2020, 06:16:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's been my problem for years ever since I rolled my back ankle. I try experimenting with different techniques and the closest one I've gotten to a decent kickflip was practicing doing an ollie in the kickflip position and then moving your foot slightly off. Even then my bad habits come to fruition and I'll land one out of maybe 25-50.

Just do fakie flips, guys. Momentum is your friend.

moneymoneymoney

« Reply #9735 on: September 21, 2020, 12:26:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Just do fakie flips, guys. Momentum is your friend.
fakie flips are most certainly not my friend. i too am a member of the bad ankle club. ive recently upgraded from having 1 bad ankle to now having 2 bad ankles.

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9736 on: September 22, 2020, 06:37:54 PM »
If you remove Fred from the equation - Significant Other has some great tunes on it.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -665
« Reply #9737 on: September 22, 2020, 10:26:14 PM »
If you remove Fred from the equation - Significant Other has some great tunes on it.

I never understood how such good musicians could join Fred. But he sure as fuck made them gazillions they probably would never have earned.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 688
« Reply #9738 on: September 23, 2020, 02:42:02 PM »
i hate most skaters based off push alone . i fucking hate an arrogant push more than anything
dont shalom me if you don't know me.

moneymoneymoney

« Reply #9739 on: September 23, 2020, 03:21:01 PM »
i hate most skaters based off push alone . i fucking hate an arrogant push more than anything

flaccid pushes really grind my gears. Sinner is a prime example, combined with his arm sway and you get the perfect combo for hitting the "vert button."

BieberStance

• Rep: 3
« Reply #9740 on: September 24, 2020, 01:35:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

flaccid pushes really grind my gears. Sinner is a prime example, combined with his arm sway and you get the perfect combo for hitting the "vert button."

I somehow can't stand it when skaters push around and then hover the foot next to the board for too long. even worse when turning. often mixed with this exaggerated chin up/ neck strech while looking out for the obstacle as if they are a captain on a pirates boat trying to spot something on the horizon. nothing is more fake steez than that imo

lickcakes

• Rep: 118
  • breathcakes
« Reply #9741 on: September 28, 2020, 09:56:31 AM »
high risk roommate moved out, so i went to the skatepark for the first time in ages. was planning to wear a mask but no-one else was so i figured it's probably fine since it's outside. tried to keep distance but there's that one spot where a bunch of us wait to take a run, and there was also this sketchy dude who got kinda close to me. woke up feeling really stupid and very anxious. i should have just worn a mask.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #9742 on: September 29, 2020, 01:45:19 AM »
Good for you. I'm sure you'll be fine though, transmission outside seems very low
Stop hating and actually learn something about textile production. You dont know shit about that.

Featherdale wildlife park

« Reply #9743 on: October 06, 2020, 05:34:21 AM »
Punching is for poseurs

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9744 on: October 06, 2020, 04:18:47 PM »
I cut a session short recently completely and 100% due to some dude tripod filming himself ripping. I donít care how good you are - you do that when no ones around like the rest of us. Have some shame.

FrozenIndustries

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #9745 on: October 08, 2020, 03:55:43 PM »
I cut a session short recently completely and 100% due to some dude tripod filming himself ripping. I donít care how good you are - you do that when no ones around like the rest of us. Have some shame.

You did the right thing. If someone rips and can't get anyone to film them, there is probably a real good reason.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #9746 on: October 12, 2020, 01:10:11 AM »
I love designs on griptape. Like flowers and the jimi hendrix one. Grizzly griptape might be my favorite grip actually
Holy shit, I think you should keep that one to yourself and that's coming from a chronic over sharer.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

nevrwasben

• Rep: 13
  • Iím Buff Rick!!!
« Reply #9747 on: October 12, 2020, 04:51:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I love designs on griptape. Like flowers and the jimi hendrix one. Grizzly griptape might be my favorite grip actually
[close]
Holy shit, I think you should keep that one to yourself and that's coming from a chronic over sharer.
[close]
Before you say the griptape sucks, have you considered shutting the fuck up?
He didnít say the grip sucks, although heavily implied.
But while weíre overreacting, why donít you go fuck yourself??

nevrwasben

• Rep: 13
  • Iím Buff Rick!!!
« Reply #9748 on: October 12, 2020, 07:41:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Its a play off his signature. Pull those panties out of your ass, you donít have to save everyone on slap buddy
Missed your joke, pardon me while I go fuck myself

Hombreezy

• Rep: -55
  • Swatch tre flipp
« Reply #9749 on: October 12, 2020, 08:38:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Its a play off his signature. Pull those panties out of your ass, you donít have to save everyone on slap buddy
[close]
Missed your joke, pardon me while I go fuck myself
I love you mate, apparently a guy named Jesus does too. Jah bless