Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1734876 times)

beatifk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 162
Re: real confessions
« Reply #10320 on: October 22, 2021, 08:38:24 AM »
I just tried v-flips for the first time since the mid 90s and on the 3rd try I caught one that felt better than any other trick I still have. I don't know how to feel right now.

It's a trick that feels good but looks bad. Nothing wrong with that.

They're like the sweatpants of skateboarding tricks.

Fhk

« Reply #10321 on: October 22, 2021, 02:29:55 PM »
Expand Quote
I just tried v-flips for the first time since the mid 90s and on the 3rd try I caught one that felt better than any other trick I still have. I don't know how to feel right now.
[close]

Ha great comparison! I feel like I might add them to my depleting repertoire.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #10322 on: October 22, 2021, 02:41:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Real confession: I think varial flips are sick.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10323 on: October 22, 2021, 10:18:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I have absolutely no idea how to 3flip, but I got vflips like a motherfucker. get that front foot exactly midway, almost too far back, between front and back trucks, heel angled toward tail, and ninja flick that shit. idk how the hell it works but they pop pretty big for me like that :o
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Fhk

« Reply #10324 on: October 23, 2021, 05:18:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I have absolutely no idea how to 3flip, but I got vflips like a motherfucker. get that front foot exactly midway, almost too far back, between front and back trucks, heel angled toward tail, and ninja flick that shit. idk how the hell it works but they pop pretty big for me like that :o
I'm definitely going to keep them around because idk how much longer I will have my 360 flips. At 44 they are a lot more effort than they used to be. They don't feel the same and I miss a lot of them. It's kinda depressing, like admitting I'm getting old haha. Maybe Vflips will fill that void.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #10325 on: October 23, 2021, 02:26:27 PM »

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10326 on: October 23, 2021, 10:31:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
I'm definitely going to keep them around because idk how much longer I will have my 360 flips. At 44 they are a lot more effort than they used to be. They don't feel the same and I miss a lot of them. It's kinda depressing, like admitting I'm getting old haha. Maybe Vflips will fill that void.

yaaaa, you skate 7.75s or something like that  ;) i'v seen your 3flips on tape and they look pretty good, especially stationary in a room. I really started skating again thinking I wanted to learn 360 flips, but when I started to size down from 8.5 for learning, I really decided I'd rather stick with weird ass vflips. on the bright side, dolphin flips are a similar flick to vflips :o
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Fhk

« Reply #10327 on: October 24, 2021, 04:31:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

yaaaa, you skate 7.75s or something like that  ;) i'v seen your 3flips on tape and they look pretty good, especially stationary in a room. I really started skating again thinking I wanted to learn 360 flips, but when I started to size down from 8.5 for learning, I really decided I'd rather stick with weird ass vflips. on the bright side, dolphin flips are a similar flick to vflips :o
Thanks man, Oddly enough I can't do them on my 7.5-7.75 I can do them on big setups, but I lose almost everything else. Speaking of indoor stationary skating it's almost that time here again, I moved my ramps/boxes into the shed yesterday  :( Insanity here we come

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #10328 on: October 24, 2021, 03:22:51 PM »
I have a younger trans sibling who I've grown a little distant from over the past few years, now that they live over 100 miles away. She recently got a FB account for the first time and she just posted that she is being hospitalized for the 4th time for suicidal thoughts.

A middle finger to anyone out there that trivializes the experiences of trans people and other marginalized peoples.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

geezer

• Rep: 36
« Reply #10329 on: October 28, 2021, 10:56:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
I'll be 49 next week.  Kickflips are getting rarer and rarer for me.  so much so, that I've started logging them in my phone.  I did one a couple of weeks ago at my Sunday morning curb sesh.  The last one before that was exactly 9 months prior.  I figure I never know when I've done my last one, so might as well take notes.

Fhk

« Reply #10330 on: October 28, 2021, 03:14:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
I'll be 49 next week.  Kickflips are getting rarer and rarer for me.  so much so, that I've started logging them in my phone.  I did one a couple of weeks ago at my Sunday morning curb sesh.  The last one before that was exactly 9 months prior.  I figure I never know when I've done my last one, so might as well take notes.
That's awesome that you refuse to let go of them! I was back home a few months ago and I was talking to the shop owner of my old local (15-25 years ago) I told him I was downsizing my setups to keep my fliptricks around. He laughed and said "I'm impressed you still do them. Guys our age usually give them up by now." I don't know how accurate that is, but it sure put a smile on my face on the ride home.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #10331 on: October 28, 2021, 09:38:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
That's awesome that you refuse to let go of them! I was back home a few months ago and I was talking to the shop owner of my old local (15-25 years ago) I told him I was downsizing my setups to keep my fliptricks around. He laughed and said "I'm impressed you still do them. Guys our age usually give them up by now." I don't know how accurate that is, but it sure put a smile on my face on the ride home.

I saw that cabin tre, you still got the skills

Fhk

« Reply #10332 on: October 29, 2021, 11:00:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Thank you man, I wish I had your skills! You have that natural ability and smoothness I envy.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10333 on: October 29, 2021, 01:57:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Thank you man, I wish I had your skills! You have that natural ability and smoothness I envy.

Hey thanks man i appreciate it

T4T

• Rep: 8
  • fake and lame
    • My Youtube avatar image
« Reply #10334 on: November 02, 2021, 06:42:14 AM »
Great to hear from you @DaSk8D00D  thanks for posting. Wishing you continued success.

Expand Quote

tongue punch that gnar button for slap!
[close]

I see you bb <3

Mini confession: any time I see someone fuck up a quote reply where they type their response inside the quote, it's an instant kook on the spot.

Agreed
schoolteachers can get paid $100k when they get a collab with dragonball

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #10335 on: November 02, 2021, 07:05:44 AM »
I have a younger trans sibling who I've grown a little distant from over the past few years, now that they live over 100 miles away. She recently got a FB account for the first time and she just posted that she is being hospitalized for the 4th time for suicidal thoughts.

A middle finger to anyone out there that trivializes the experiences of trans people and other marginalized peoples.

That is absolutely gut wrenching. I’m sincerely hoping that they pull through. I know it may sound trite, but if there is anything we can do to help the situation please don’t be stranger.

Also echoing that statement, a giant fuck you to anyone that that minimizes the experiences of all marginalized groups.

Wishing you and your sibling nothing but the best.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 07:49:53 AM by Freelancevagrant »
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10336 on: November 04, 2021, 04:30:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That is absolutely gut wrenching. I’m sincerely hoping that they pull through. I know it may sound trite, but if there is anything we can do to help the situation please don’t be stranger.

Also echoing that statement, a giant fuck you to anyone that that minimizes the experiences of all marginalized groups.

Wishing you and your sibling nothing but the best.
Thank you

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10337 on: December 08, 2021, 07:43:06 PM »
I kinda want to try to learn Brazilian jiu jitsu but I just don’t like the idea of rubbing bods with some dude for 45 min. 

Oh and having to look at everyone’s gross bare feet too.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10338 on: December 09, 2021, 01:24:51 PM »
I kinda want to try to learn Brazilian jiu jitsu but I just don’t like the idea of rubbing bods with some dude for 45 min. 

Oh and having to look at everyone’s gross bare feet too.

Now imagine transferring that feeling to your enemies

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #10339 on: December 11, 2021, 07:38:35 PM »
Although my sexual appetite has waned considerably, I still would like to experience a relationship and it bothers me very much that I probably never will. I really wish I didn't care, but something in my brain yearns for it. It makes me feel basic and that makes me hate myself little more. Okay, a lot more. Why should I care about such base desires? Why can't I be an automaton void of emotion?

Truth be told, I'm actually doing a lot better emotionally than I have been historically. I don't dread going to work like I used to. I'm about to pay off my car. I even got a new apartment. I just can't shake this monkey off my shoulders. Oh well, back to telling myself that I don't care and it doesn't matter.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10340 on: December 12, 2021, 10:20:46 PM »
Although my sexual appetite has waned considerably, I still would like to experience a relationship and it bothers me very much that I probably never will. I really wish I didn't care, but something in my brain yearns for it. It makes me feel basic and that makes me hate myself little more. Okay, a lot more. Why should I care about such base desires? Why can't I be an automaton void of emotion?

Truth be told, I'm actually doing a lot better emotionally than I have been historically. I don't dread going to work like I used to. I'm about to pay off my car. I even got a new apartment. I just can't shake this monkey off my shoulders. Oh well, back to telling myself that I don't care and it doesn't matter.
I'm glad to hear that you are at least feeling better emotionally than you have in the past. You may think this is redundant to say but I know that you will find someone that gives you that meaning in life that you are looking for. That fact that you're still here and still looking says a lot about you. You've got something special inside of you that keeps you going despite all of the other stuff that makes you want to give up. Keep on keeping on, man. I can't wait for the day when I log on and see that you found that person.

Mr. Stinky

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #10341 on: December 16, 2021, 08:59:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I'm glad to hear that you are at least feeling better emotionally than you have in the past. You may think this is redundant to say but I know that you will find someone that gives you that meaning in life that you are looking for. That fact that you're still here and still looking says a lot about you. You've got something special inside of you that keeps you going despite all of the other stuff that makes you want to give up. Keep on keeping on, man. I can't wait for the day when I log on and see that you found that person.

Gonna second all this, just go places where there are other people you could talk to or who might share your interests and if you feel like trying to connect with someone, go with it and do what comes natural.  If you keep that up and don't force what doesn't work, you will at minimum get more comfortable with relating to people and I'd be a little surprised if something more didn't happen as well.

So here's my contribution: I was out drinking last night and saw a chick I thought I should try talking to.  I started mentally getting ready to chat her up when this dog came over and sat right by me.  I started petting the dog, which wound up breaking the ice and the chick and I started talking.  She was really nice, I was really complimentary, she told me more than once it made her night talking to me, but she also informed me that she was a lesbian.  I take that at face value and go back to my boozing.

So, she sticks around and keeps making eyes at me, then comes back over to where I'm sitting and starts talking to me again.   I felt more or less within my rights doing it under the circumstances, so I offered my number, which she accepted and immediately called (so now I have her number).  All the signals would be pretty clear if it weren't for the whole lesbian thing being the stick in the spokes.  Practically nothing is riding on this, I'm just incredibly perplexed and there's nothing sensible to do but post about it.   

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #10342 on: December 18, 2021, 01:31:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Fucking this!

Be kind to yourself l33t. Obviously you are a smart
fella and you have heard all this before, but you have something to offer that will blow someone’s mind soon enough

TunnelVision1

• Rep: -76
  • Kingofhellfarts
« Reply #10343 on: December 29, 2021, 12:03:35 PM »
I have problems lying for no reason compulsively since a child and I know it's wrong but I try and confuse people by tricking them into a confused reality to discourage their own growth so I can feel satisfied about mine. I don't think it's ok to use people but I need what I need and I have serious problems that need serious changing.
At least my dad thinks so.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #10344 on: December 30, 2021, 04:09:23 PM »
So here's my contribution: I was out drinking last night and saw a chick I thought I should try talking to.  I started mentally getting ready to chat her up when this dog came over and sat right by me.  I started petting the dog, which wound up breaking the ice and the chick and I started talking.  She was really nice, I was really complimentary, she told me more than once it made her night talking to me, but she also informed me that she was a lesbian.  I take that at face value and go back to my boozing.

So, she sticks around and keeps making eyes at me, then comes back over to where I'm sitting and starts talking to me again.   I felt more or less within my rights doing it under the circumstances, so I offered my number, which she accepted and immediately called (so now I have her number).  All the signals would be pretty clear if it weren't for the whole lesbian thing being the stick in the spokes.  Practically nothing is riding on this, I'm just incredibly perplexed and there's nothing sensible to do but post about it.   

there an update on this? can't leave us hangin! interesting sitch

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #10345 on: January 04, 2022, 09:01:39 PM »
a nigga like me is going insane!

Preach...

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10346 on: January 08, 2022, 08:32:13 AM »
There’s no way I’m ever going to be able to solve a Rubik’s cube.  Too fucking dumb.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #10347 on: January 08, 2022, 10:11:15 AM »
There’s no way I’m ever going to be able to solve a Rubik’s cube.  Too fucking dumb.

Are you really motivated to learn, though? I get bored and mildly irritated just looking at a Rubik's cube.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #10348 on: January 08, 2022, 10:23:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you really motivated to learn, though? I get bored and mildly irritated just looking at a Rubik's cube.

anyone can learn it if you go by the algorithm method. there's basically a pattern of movements, or rather a sequence of patterns that change when you've reached a certain outcome and at some point you will end up with a solved cube. that's what i find boring about it and it also is the reason why speedcubers are that fast. at some point you can skip parts of the algorithm because you can eliminate redundant moves. that's how they solve these cubes in 5 seconds. so basically all you have to do is follow the algorithm and be patient and not fuck up the moves. i tried learning to solve it that way and found it the hardest not to just zone out while trying to complete one pattern while doing the same over and over, then you notice you made a wrong twist two moves ago and that may have ruined your progress.

i still think to solve it in 5 seconds you need to be insanely smart and fast in the head, no doubt. but i think everyone can power through it with patience and tenacity. i mean you don't even need to know about numbers or maths, it's all color coordinated at the end and works like "look for so and so on one side, look for corner, bring corner over here via this move, check result, repeat,..."

but i have to agree, i get kind of bored with them as well, as i'm very slow in solving them and become disinterested or even sleepy after a while. also they look way cooler unsolved.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10349 on: January 08, 2022, 08:53:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

anyone can learn it if you go by the algorithm method. there's basically a pattern of movements, or rather a sequence of patterns that change when you've reached a certain outcome and at some point you will end up with a solved cube. that's what i find boring about it and it also is the reason why speedcubers are that fast. at some point you can skip parts of the algorithm because you can eliminate redundant moves. that's how they solve these cubes in 5 seconds. so basically all you have to do is follow the algorithm and be patient and not fuck up the moves. i tried learning to solve it that way and found it the hardest not to just zone out while trying to complete one pattern while doing the same over and over, then you notice you made a wrong twist two moves ago and that may have ruined your progress.

i still think to solve it in 5 seconds you need to be insanely smart and fast in the head, no doubt. but i think everyone can power through it with patience and tenacity. i mean you don't even need to know about numbers or maths, it's all color coordinated at the end and works like "look for so and so on one side, look for corner, bring corner over here via this move, check result, repeat,..."

but i have to agree, i get kind of bored with them as well, as i'm very slow in solving them and become disinterested or even sleepy after a while. also they look way cooler unsolved.

1.  Not motivated at all.  I just know whenever I fuck with one, after 45 seconds I think “no way”

2.  I’d give the algorithm method a shot if for some reason I was somehow stuck in a waiting room for hours and there was one there, but wouldn’t really say that counts as “solving” it if I’m just following some pattern from someone else and not just using my raw brainpower.  It would be kind of a cool thing to learn just to impress people though.