Author Topic: Are religious pros lame?  (Read 33338 times)

D10S

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -64
  • la patineta no se mancha
Re: Are religious pros lame?
« Reply #330 on: October 02, 2021, 09:44:25 AM »
I reckon it was cunts tripping out on drugs and they didn’t know
Like that shrine of Delphi they were just living in a gas cave or some shit and Moses was on shrooms when he saw that burning bush, heaps of those religious experience things sound like they were hallucinating the Mohammed cave one, too

I reckon particular people in time had profound trips and shit just snowballed, no big conspiracy

Like, dmt and shit is in so many plants and animals around the world cunts have to have tripped out on shit by mistake

I mean they were full primitives they woulda been hungry all the time, one of those people find a bunch of wild mushrooms they would have just ate the lot
Just imagine it, a whole bunch like that on an empty stomach
It would boot your arse around the universe for a couple days for sure

Jrahmanvt

• Rep: 1
« Reply #331 on: October 02, 2021, 01:17:00 PM »
No

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #332 on: October 02, 2021, 01:28:30 PM »
They are simply just like spiritual man

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -138
« Reply #333 on: October 02, 2021, 02:22:30 PM »
big texas cummer

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #334 on: October 02, 2021, 05:47:40 PM »
everyone is kind of lame though

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #335 on: October 03, 2021, 08:02:53 AM »
Maybe not lame...but thatsnot my favorite thing to hear. If I'm talking to someone and without trying I know yer religion, that's too much. If yer about that shit, fine I guess. But keep it to yer self. Does crazy monk count? Quim?
Whoa. Danger.

frontfootimpossible

• Rep: -25
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #336 on: October 03, 2021, 08:14:22 AM »
Are people who believe in something with no tangible evidence lame?  I don't know, but if I was an adult who spoke to an imaginary friend with super powers who lives in my hat everytime before dropping in to hit a 9 stair, you'd probably be concerned about my mental health.
Quote from: Slap MessageBoards
frontfootimpossible,

You have received a warning for posting offensive material. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The Slap MessageBoards Team.

Keath Hirchart

• Rep: -2
« Reply #337 on: March 04, 2023, 02:05:44 PM »
Are people who believe in something with no tangible evidence lame?  I don't know, but if I was an adult who spoke to an imaginary friend with super powers who lives in my hat everytime before dropping in to hit a 9 stair, you'd probably be concerned about my mental health.

There is no tangible evidence to support pineapple makes pizza better, but some people believe it does. And some people would probably be concerned about your mental health if you spoke publicly about your love for pineapple on pizza. It’s not lame to believe in anything that improves one’s quality of life, not even pineapple on pizza, but to each their own…

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #338 on: March 04, 2023, 02:43:58 PM »
People can believe whatever they want, I don’t judge on this stuff

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -239
« Reply #339 on: April 26, 2023, 04:17:15 AM »
Religous pros are lame, because ANYONE religious is lame.

Brent212

• Rep: 1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #340 on: April 26, 2023, 07:32:41 AM »
I just stumbled across your post, and it got me thinking about religion and its origins. I totally get where you're coming from about people tripping out on drugs and having religious experiences. But for me, religion is more about finding inner peace and connecting with something greater than myself.
That being said, I totally understand why some people might think it's lame to believe in something without tangible evidence. But at the end of the day, if it brings someone joy and improves their quality of life, who am I to judge?
That sounds more like spirituality than religion. I don't think most people have a problem with spirituality.

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 136
« Reply #341 on: April 26, 2023, 07:36:33 AM »
Plenty of non religious people just invent their own religions, as in they become dogmatic and fanatical about other things, believe things with no evidence, and have a false sense of moral high ground while committing/encouraging atrocities. This is an unfortunate aspect of human nature, but it doesn’t always apply to actual religious people, funnily enough.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #342 on: April 26, 2023, 07:55:03 AM »
Technically speaking, religion & spirituality is an aspect of diversity & can be used as a strength for some. Often we see the extremes or encounter the extreme, so I understand the typical views on someone who is religious. Spirituality is a whole other thing & completely separate from religion. I think if it is used & assists in some level of morality, & the person may gain a sense of community from it, fine. It’s one thing if it becomes extreme & hateful, & all of those other things as that becomes a problem. I was born & raised Catholic & absolutely denounce all aspects of it; however, in getting older, I have excepted a higher power go to it when I need assistance. I do not preach on anyone, I am okay if someone thinks it’s silly, but I am not okay with being told I am foolish for doing so. It can be extremely helpful &  really is just some type of meditation. So, it really depends is my point. At the end of the day, religion is man-made & can certainly be so famously said , “the opiate of the masses”. I believe that & I’ve seen it with my own eyes. But, it does not have to be that way.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2322
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #343 on: April 26, 2023, 08:23:48 AM »
I just stumbled across your post, and it got me thinking about religion and its origins. I totally get where you're coming from about people tripping out on drugs and having religious experiences. But for me, religion is more about finding inner peace and connecting with something greater than myself.
That being said, I totally understand why some people might think it's lame to believe in something without tangible evidence. But at the end of the day, if it brings someone joy and improves their quality of life, who am I to judge?
Speaking of finding inner peace, I actually came across a website that has some great resources on the topic. It's called First Church Love, and they have some really helpful articles and tools to help you find peace within yourself. Here's the link if you're interested: https://firstchurchlove.com
I just stumbled across YOUR post and found… a bot!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

manysnakes

« Reply #344 on: April 26, 2023, 08:41:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Speaking of finding inner peace, I actually came across a website that has some great resources on the topic. It's called First Church Love, and they have some really helpful articles and tools to help you find peace within yourself. Here's the link if you're interested: https://firstchurchlove.com
[close]
I just stumbled across YOUR post and found… a bot!

For real. I hate to be like "MODS!" but mods, this is clearly a spamming bot account.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3419
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #345 on: April 26, 2023, 09:17:19 AM »
I have zero issue with anyone being into religion as long as they keep that shit to themselves.

One of the nicest coworkers I've ever had was a seriously devoted Christian who didn't give two fucks that I was queer, nor was he ever angling to try to get me to "see the light". Seriously great person.

Believe what you want to believe and if I'm interested I'll ask you about it.

brainwobble

• Rep: 0
« Reply #346 on: April 26, 2023, 11:10:59 AM »
the obnoxious 'satan/666' attention seeking dudes are just as awful as the religious dudes.

factual

Perforated Opinions

• Rep: -198
« Reply #347 on: April 26, 2023, 11:19:42 AM »
both 777 and 666 bois are chat. yes religious pros are lames

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #348 on: April 26, 2023, 11:44:21 AM »
I have zero issue with anyone being into religion as long as they keep that shit to themselves.

One of the nicest coworkers I've ever had was a seriously devoted Christian who didn't give two fucks that I was queer, nor was he ever angling to try to get me to "see the light". Seriously great person.

Preach!

seriously, I came here to post something similar.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #349 on: April 26, 2023, 11:51:03 AM »
Believe what you want, just keep it to yourself.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #350 on: April 26, 2023, 12:14:21 PM »
as long as it doesn't consume their whole personality and they aren't pushing it on me then im fine with it

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #351 on: April 26, 2023, 01:27:57 PM »
Religious people that are extremely zealous in any sense are kinda lame to me. Usually, their zealotry supercedes their ability to be a decent fucking human being.

Yes, if they're a super religious nut and it feels like they're pushing it on me, rather than praising a God/being alongside their personality, I'm not gonna be hyped personally.

It doesn't affect me in my day to day life usually, so it's a "to each their own" until it's invading my space, ya feel.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #352 on: April 26, 2023, 01:41:31 PM »
Should everyone keep everything they do that other people may not agree with to themselves?

Magnolia

• Rep: 475
  • She/They
« Reply #353 on: April 26, 2023, 01:43:57 PM »
Should everyone keep everything they do that other people may not agree with to themselves?
Yes, unless I personally agree with it
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

adam22savage

• Rep: -45
« Reply #354 on: April 26, 2023, 01:50:21 PM »
as long as they don't believe they're the chosen ones and have the right to my skate spots, it's cool. imagine Lennie Kirk without God, he'd tear you asunder! God is the only thing making him stop at armed robbery and not graduate. to muuurder.

eSK3

« Reply #355 on: April 26, 2023, 02:10:09 PM »
I don’t care who you worship, fuck or owe money to, just keep it to yourself.

Bill Salt

« Reply #356 on: April 27, 2023, 07:22:03 AM »
anyone who says yes will roast in hell

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #357 on: April 27, 2023, 07:59:14 AM »
A lot of people who are very open about their religion and invite others to partake in it do so because they believe they are going to help other people. Clearly they don't often get anything out of it and if anything it alienates them from the modern world but you gotta give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes and try to believe that they're doing it as a good person.

I'm not religious btw. I'm pretty spiritual though.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 08:06:22 AM by modern life is war »
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

manysnakes

« Reply #358 on: April 27, 2023, 08:03:45 AM »

I mean, yeah..? Don't we all agree on this?

krookedjuice

• Rep: 33
« Reply #359 on: April 27, 2023, 08:34:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Preach!

seriously, I came here to post something similar.

Also came to post something similar. had a super religious roommate years ago and sometimes after a few beers i'd listen to why he is and he'd listen to why i'm not. never tried to push it on me or anyone else which is how it should be.