Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1229581 times)

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #7080 on: December 09, 2019, 08:09:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
do ace bushings work with ventures?
[close]

Only if you mixed a set of tall and lows. Tall bottom, low top, then it's close (ish) to a standard indy bushing set which is the same height as Ventures.

[close]

Hell yes they work.

On a whim, I dug out my spare ACE bushings (regular bottoms and low tops that I used in my Indys) and threw them in my 5.6" Ventures (replacing Bones medium bottom/soft top, which it turns out does make the turn better but also makes you feel like you need to 'balance' to maintain stability, if that makes sense, something I've never felt with any other truck using bones).

Anyway back to ACE bushings in Ventures.

Holy shit.
They feel amazing (just like they make ACE and Indy's feel amazballs), they also work their magic in Ventures.

I was seriously thinking of jumping back to Thunders (I finally realizes I don't like tight truck WBs all that much), since I wasn't vibing on the Ventures stock and Bones felt like too much work.

One thing to note and there is recent talk about how much the pivot cups are shit lately in thunders, not so in Ventures, they have the khiro squish to them and feel like quality compared to the hard ass ones in thunders and indys. However, I swapped them out with some worn in cracked ice indy cups (when using bones) and it really helps break them in, the stock cups are really snug (obviously).

Seriously the ACE bushing combo in Ventures is fucking on point. it gets them surfing but still stable; not as surfy as Indy or ACE but somewhere between a Thunder and an Indy maybe?
[close]

Damn, was having a decent time on my stock 5.8 Venture tis (with riptide cups) but this sounds very tempting. Buying two sets of ace bushings just to mix and match them in ventures sounds like a giant pain though. Is it really worth it?
[close]

I know...it sucks...but I bit the bullet a while back for my Ti Indys, it was great. The ACE standard top/stock bushing is fucking TALL.

I tried 8.5 ti Ventures stock, stiff but stable didn't 'move me' to stick with it after a few weeks; tried riptides, was 'ok'.

****MADNESS****

I tired again with 5.6 hollow ventures, stock, meh. Bones med bottom/soft top (bones washer bottom/top), riptides = acceptable, but still not feeling it - bones soft bottom/soft top too squirrly.

Put in the ACEs (big bottom, low top), reg bottom Venture washer (they are bigger than ACEs so you get some flex), bones top washer (stock washer binds if you run loose!!!), riptides. Fucking great. Really. Really. fucking. great.

DLX, rip-off/make a deal with ACE to ship with these duros/bushings.

Would you say its still worth doing if I don't ride really loose trucks? I'm running my Ventures stock with the nut about a half turn tighter than flush with the kingpin. I weigh 195 and feel like given that, it's a solid medium. Ventures never felt like a truck that was supposed to be skated loose in my experience, probably due to the slow turn I feel.

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #7081 on: December 09, 2019, 08:21:30 PM »
Expand Quote
I know I would be the last person expected to ask this

But are the riptide pivot cups really worth it?

They’re in the cart and I’m ready to pay but I’m thinking

Are they really worth it?
[close]

JOIN US

yes

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7082 on: December 09, 2019, 08:29:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Only if you mixed a set of tall and lows. Tall bottom, low top, then it's close (ish) to a standard indy bushing set which is the same height as Ventures.

[close]

Hell yes they work.

On a whim, I dug out my spare ACE bushings (regular bottoms and low tops that I used in my Indys) and threw them in my 5.6" Ventures (replacing Bones medium bottom/soft top, which it turns out does make the turn better but also makes you feel like you need to 'balance' to maintain stability, if that makes sense, something I've never felt with any other truck using bones).

Holy shit.
They feel amazing (just like they make ACE and Indy's feel amazballs), they also work their magic in Ventures.

I was seriously thinking of jumping back to Thunders (I finally realizes I don't like tight truck WBs all that much), since I wasn't vibing on the Ventures stock and Bones felt like too much work.

One thing to note and there is recent talk about how much the pivot cups are shit lately in thunders, not so in Ventures, they have the khiro squish to them and feel like quality compared to the hard ass ones in thunders and indys. However, I swapped them out with some worn in cracked ice indy cups (when using bones) and it really helps break them in, the stock cups are really snug (obviously).

Seriously the ACE bushing combo in Ventures is fucking on point. it gets them surfing but still stable; not as surfy as Indy or ACE but somewhere between a Thunder and an Indy maybe?
[close]

Damn, was having a decent time on my stock 5.8 Venture tis (with riptide cups) but this sounds very tempting. Buying two sets of ace bushings just to mix and match them in ventures sounds like a giant pain though. Is it really worth it?
[close]

I know...it sucks...but I bit the bullet a while back for my Ti Indys, it was great. The ACE standard top/stock bushing is fucking TALL.

I tried 8.5 ti Ventures stock, stiff but stable didn't 'move me' to stick with it after a few weeks; tried riptides, was 'ok'.

****MADNESS****

I tired again with 5.6 hollow ventures, stock, meh. Bones med bottom/soft top (bones washer bottom/top), riptides = acceptable, but still not feeling it - bones soft bottom/soft top too squirrly.

Put in the ACEs (big bottom, low top), reg bottom Venture washer (they are bigger than ACEs so you get some flex), bones top washer (stock washer binds if you run loose!!!), riptides. Fucking great. Really. Really. fucking. great.

youre a mad scientist. does the venture with ace bushings combo work without riptides or do they really elevate the riding experience?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7083 on: December 09, 2019, 08:39:25 PM »

I want to know too because you guys seem like these pivot cups automatically turn you into the best skaters ever. Why not just put wax in the pivot cups?

Woos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #7084 on: December 09, 2019, 10:43:56 PM »
Just bought my brother his first board and went with stand Stage 11 149s. He’s a strong/tall 23 year old and the stock bushings are way too soft for his size and skill level.  I don’t want to get him too hard of bushings but he needs something more stable.

I’m leaning towards Indy Hard Cylinders over my preferred Bones Hardcores (I usually go medium or medium too with a hard bottom depending on the trucks).

Does that sound like a good idea? I’m thinking the cylinder will prevent wheelbite/bottoming our a little bit better than Conical Indy or Bones Bushings.

Also do Indy bushings tend to get harder as they break in or just softer?

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #7085 on: December 10, 2019, 12:52:03 AM »
Just bought my brother his first board and went with stand Stage 11 149s. He’s a strong/tall 23 year old and the stock bushings are way too soft for his size and skill level.  I don’t want to get him too hard of bushings but he needs something more stable.

I’m leaning towards Indy Hard Cylinders over my preferred Bones Hardcores (I usually go medium or medium too with a hard bottom depending on the trucks).

Does that sound like a good idea? I’m thinking the cylinder will prevent wheelbite/bottoming our a little bit better than Conical Indy or Bones Bushings.

my first deck had indy stage 11 and as a tall rider, found that they were too unstable when i first started skating. went the bones hardcore route with the highest duro and that was a huge improvement, but still not good enough. rode them setup like that until i could comfortably set up some thunders, which has felt like home to me ever since.

i think it has to do with the geo. if you ride stage 11 anything but tight, the slightest bit of lean will result in turning.
it might be due to the 55mm stock height that made them feel tippy side to side. i vividly remember hating those trucks. the amount of energy i needed just to set up for tricks almost broke me. unless i had my body weight dead center (hard thing to do when your center of gravity is higher), the board would turn left or right just before i popped, fucking everything up. tried them tight and the issue was a little better, but at the cost of boardfeel which is huge for a newbie. i was stoked when i got a good enough excuse to buy a new setup because those trucks were a huge pain in the ass for me.

indys make me feel like im surfing. i plays tricks on me. i let my body just go with the flow. this is a non issue if im cruising. when its time to be serious, its hard to balance while bending knees, keeping balance, finding center of gravity, etc. these are fundamentals you should plan to get dialed as a beginner and its frustrating if you cant balance easily. imo thunders are a much more controlled turn where they dont break straight line movement until you really want them to. they are noticeably lower. i lean into my turns on thunders and its more of a commanded turn in a sense. their marketing team got it right with the "know control" slogan which describes the trucks well even though skate marketing is really cringy.

when i first bought my first setup, i really fell for the "ride the best, fuck the rest" shit people kept telling me. i steered clear of the brands that "dont turn" only to realize that can mean fucking anything and is a poor excuse of a description. nowadays i equate that description with "stability" and thats what im really diggin right now. stability has made skating way easier than the amount the trucks turn ever will. going to try out some ventures real soon.

TLDR: indys and other "carvy" trucks have a higher learning curve and arent the best option for beginners from my own experience. also, if your brother likes skating now, i doubt he will ever stop. its a strong drug and a stage of truck madness is just a part of the trip. try everything if you can and if not, make calculated decisions with what you buy and rule certain things out. its working for me
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 12:56:27 AM by off »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1932
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7086 on: December 10, 2019, 01:16:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
TLDR: indys and other "carvy" trucks have a higher learning curve and arent the best option for beginners from my own experience. also, if your brother likes skating now, i doubt he will ever stop. its a strong drug and a stage of truck madness is just a part of the trip. try everything if you can and if not, make calculated decisions with what you buy and rule certain things out. its working for me

TLDR - don't introduce him to the Slap trucks trend.

I'm inclined to feel that they (truck setups, geometry) doesn't matter as much to beginners as it does it more seasoned guys. Go decently price for the first setup (regular Indy's or Thunders, since they are the "most standard" geometry) with stock bushings and work with them to figure it out when they are ready to take their skateboarding to the next step. Gear madness is fine for folks who have been doing this for a while, but getting lost in the nitty gritty of their setup can make beginners spend more time off the board than on.
That said I'm not a bushing expert so I'll let the hardcore bushing nerds comment on this.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

dakara

• Rep: 4
« Reply #7087 on: December 10, 2019, 01:17:34 AM »
Anyone run smaller trucks than board width? I've got a 8.375 on deck but 139s and I hate breaking in trucks. Last time I did a wide deck to small board was literally 20 years ago.

I’m currently running Indy 129 on an 8 inch. Although it’s not the biggest difference, I do not like it. I don’t feel stable setting up on tricks were my front foot is not in the center of the board

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #7088 on: December 10, 2019, 02:50:56 AM »
I used to like tight trucks for some reason. Indy hard cylinders feel way harder than Bones hards. It was almost impossible turning with those. Would not recommend unless you want to go straight only. Megaramp shit.

Also what other people said, getting into gear madness straight on isn’t the wisest choice. I think stock bushings cranked to where it feels ok enough to not wheelbite easily is the best for a beginner.

You gotta remember that a beginner likely does not have all the small muscles developed all that well to keep the ankles stable on a board. Going with rock hard bushings will only slow that development and make them tic tac around a bunch. Not worth it IMO. It takes time to learn how to skateboard, there’s no way around it. Even if the beginner is an athletic person to begin with. Skating requires different kind of muscle control than many other activities.

Diocletian

« Reply #7089 on: December 10, 2019, 05:12:36 AM »
For those that have skated Ace/Thunder/Indy plenty, and have a more carvey/transition preference when they skate, do those new Venture 5.8’s or 6.1’s do good when you get the right bushings going? They’re probably the only truck company I’ve never tried along with Krux and those other ones that might as well not exist.

Stigmata

• Rep: 8
« Reply #7090 on: December 10, 2019, 06:03:07 AM »
Ive been currently riding the "standard conical" 92 medium hard Indy bushings and i like em. The sharper turnability didnt take me long to get used to. Ive tried the medium top/hard bottom cylinder combo and it felt way too stiff for me.

thebacker

« Reply #7091 on: December 10, 2019, 06:21:45 AM »
For those that have skated Ace/Thunder/Indy plenty, and have a more carvey/transition preference when they skate, do those new Venture 5.8’s or 6.1’s do good when you get the right bushings going? They’re probably the only truck company I’ve never tried along with Krux and those other ones that might as well not exist.
i left mine with the stock bushings and they are very nice once they breakin, my friend and a few others ride the bones mediums and they feel great aswell

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7092 on: December 10, 2019, 08:12:35 AM »

I dunno if I've skated anything plenty, especially Thunder and I'm not really a tranny guy but I do like pumping bowls and I love how easy it is with Aces and in general love how Aces turn no matter what I'm skating. I tested my Venture 5.8s in our indoor park which is very transition heavy. Side by side comparison with Aces with all sorts of bushing combos on the Ventures. No matter how loose you get them, they're not that nice on a bowl. The turn just bottoms out and it won't go any sharper. Being used to Aces it felt way off. Would it be doable? Probably. Would you have to get used to it and maybe adjust your skating? Most definitely. I still haven't given up entirely on the Ventures and do plan on setting them up at some point with a shorter wheelbase board but my plan is to do that during spring/summer/fall, not during winter when we have the transition heavy indoor season.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7093 on: December 10, 2019, 10:14:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hell yes they work.

Holy shit.

[close]

[close]

****MADNESS****

[close]

Would you say its still worth doing if I don't ride really loose trucks? I'm running my Ventures stock with the nut about a half turn tighter than flush with the kingpin. I weigh 195 and feel like given that, it's a solid medium. Ventures never felt like a truck that was supposed to be skated loose in my experience, probably due to the slow turn I feel.

Nope. You'd be better off stock or throwing some aftermarket indys in the stock venture bushings do them a disservice. I'm about 180 give or take a few given the day and skate loose enough to be carvy and get wheelbite (with any truck using 52mm wheels).

They're certainly not ACE killers but with all the bushing combos I've tried and not liking how Ventures felt, this combo feels really really nice to me (and I'm OCD with the MADNESS). I'd go as far as to say they just make them a very neutral feeling truck (which might be a turn off to some).

Expand Quote
[close]

I dunno if I've skated anything plenty, especially Thunder and I'm not really a tranny guy but I do like pumping bowls and I love how easy it is with Aces and in general love how Aces turn no matter what I'm skating. I tested my Venture 5.8s in our indoor park which is very transition heavy. Side by side comparison with Aces with all sorts of bushing combos on the Ventures. No matter how loose you get them, they're not that nice on a bowl. The turn just bottoms out and it won't go any sharper. Being used to Aces it felt way off. Would it be doable? Probably. Would you have to get used to it and maybe adjust your skating? Most definitely. I still haven't given up entirely on the Ventures and do plan on setting them up at some point with a shorter wheelbase board but my plan is to do that during spring/summer/fall, not during winter when we have the transition heavy indoor season.

Agree with this for sure. I know my lines in local bowls (just like you know yours) and riding ACES it's effortless, riding Thunders or Ventures takes a little modification in how you skate, the muscle memory and the geometry don't match up after ACEs. But it's totally doable. Hell the best season (last summer) I've had in transition was riding 8.18" Theeves on an 8.38. Go figure.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 10:19:03 AM by Xen »

sneakpeekmeek

• Rep: 2
« Reply #7094 on: December 10, 2019, 06:47:52 PM »
Read somewhere on this thread that white 90a thunder bushings were the shit. I got to try them out today, and indeed the are the shit. They feel way better than the 90a stock clear blue bushings in the team standards.

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #7095 on: December 10, 2019, 11:41:38 PM »
Asked this in the Ace thread but might as well put it here too.

What are peoples preference when it comes to 55's vs. 159? Slightly wider, heavier and lower. Tossing between these two for my next 8.6 but not sure about the extra weight/extreme hot-rodding (which I do like, to an extent).

Ideally I'd like to ride my 44's because they're the most broken in truck I have, but the width just isn't cutting it even with extra washers and 56mm+ conical fulls.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7096 on: December 11, 2019, 04:42:09 AM »
Asked this in the Ace thread but might as well put it here too.

What are peoples preference when it comes to 55's vs. 159? Slightly wider, heavier and lower. Tossing between these two for my next 8.6 but not sure about the extra weight/extreme hot-rodding (which I do like, to an extent).

Ideally I'd like to ride my 44's because they're the most broken in truck I have, but the width just isn't cutting it even with extra washers and 56mm+ conical fulls.

Once I had switched to 44s on my main set up (from Indy 149s) I couldn't get along with 159s on my cruiser anymore. They just didn't feel right. Switched to 55s and it felt like home right away. Awesome trucks. Little bit wider, yeah, but that didn't bother me with the 8.9" deck I had back then. But really, Ace can't come out with the 8.75" truck fast enough cuz there are all sorts of yummy boards between 8.5" and 9"!

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #7097 on: December 11, 2019, 04:13:00 PM »
Had some risers on my thunders for half a session last night and decided it wasn’t for me. I tried

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #7098 on: December 11, 2019, 04:17:11 PM »
Wanna play around with wheelbases but don't wanna drill holes?
Try these Indy knockoffs. Couple more styles on the sale page but they aren't 8-hole
https://www.fullcircledistribution.com/collections/caliber-truck-co/products/caliber-standard-9-raw-silver-trucks

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #7099 on: December 11, 2019, 04:51:18 PM »
Try these Indy knockoffs. Couple more styles on the sale page but they aren't 8-hole
https://www.fullcircledistribution.com/collections/caliber-truck-co/products/caliber-standard-9-raw-silver-trucks

Interesting concept, but with that layout you only have the option to shorten the wheelbase from the standard setup. If they're Indy knockoffs in WB as well that would result in a sub-Theeve shortness of wheelbase (if the holes a 5/8" spacing like 6 hole plates). Might make for a fucked up feeling truck in terms of pop.

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #7100 on: December 11, 2019, 05:09:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Interesting concept, but with that layout you only have the option to shorten the wheelbase from the standard setup. If they're Indy knockoffs in WB as well that would result in a sub-Theeve shortness of wheelbase (if the holes a 5/8" spacing like 6 hole plates). Might make for a fucked up feeling truck in terms of pop.
Yep, can only go to a shorter wheelbase. And you might be scraping your hardware like the early 90's
Would work for me cuz I don't like +14.25" WB. And only cuz I have a pipe dream of an early-90's shape without the 14.5" WB. Couldn't bring myself to do it on a normal board

But I thought it was a 3/8" difference? 2.5" vs 2.125". I'm too lazy to look it up

Anyone crazy enough to redrill their base plates? I got some ideas on how to align them and mark hole centers

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #7101 on: December 11, 2019, 06:00:42 PM »
Yep, can only go to a shorter wheelbase. And you might be scraping your hardware like the early 90's
Would work for me cuz I don't like +14.25" WB. And only cuz I have a pipe dream of an early-90's shape without the 14.5" WB. Couldn't bring myself to do it on a normal board

But I thought it was a 3/8" difference? 2.5" vs 2.125". I'm too lazy to look it up

Anyone crazy enough to redrill their base plates? I got some ideas on how to align them and mark hole centers

Quasi just released a football shape with a sub 14" wb, Quasi's are aslo pretty flat in terms of concave and tail.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #7102 on: December 11, 2019, 08:35:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

check out polar. dane 1 and 1991 shape are both sub 14.5 wb

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7103 on: December 11, 2019, 10:42:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hell yes they work.

Holy shit.

[close]

[close]

****MADNESS****

[close]

youre a mad scientist. does the venture with ace bushings combo work without riptides or do they really elevate the riding experience?

It works without them, the riptides I'm using are pretty worn in (not hotdog down a hallway but not snug like when they are new); that said, I had tried the riptides in my previous ventures (with stock bushings) and could tell the difference. Just like if you swapped stock new bushings for stock broken in bushing you'd feel it.

The ACE bushings do make the Ventures sing - while still feeling like ventures, only now they're surfy Ventures.

I've ridden ACE bushings in all the major trucks (+ML and Tensor) and they improve the feeling of all of them (Except Theeve/Tensor/Thunder where it didn't help at all, probably due to the barrel bottom).

Expand Quote

[close]

I want to know too because you guys seem like these pivot cups automatically turn you into the best skaters ever. Why not just put wax in the pivot cups?

No one has ever said riptides made them skate better only that they felt better skating them.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 11:05:28 PM by Xen »

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #7104 on: December 12, 2019, 10:37:11 AM »
This has surely been covered somewhere on this very extensive thread but here it is.

I am happy skating Indy's but I was curious... IF I tried Thunders but wanted to keep the same axle to axle wheelbase... which board WB should I switch to?

According to Ben Degros Thunder WB is about 1/4" longer than Indy. So since I ride a 14.25, theoretically I would like a 14" WB deck with Thunders. Now fingers-of-flat, board length, etc. would come in to play too so I don't think I will ever bother but I was curious.

Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

ballintoohard

« Reply #7105 on: December 12, 2019, 11:10:24 AM »
Switching around a lot was one of the worst things I have ever done. I know that Quasi 8.5 with Ace is magic and a lot of 8.25 with 14.25WB with Indy is magic. Thunders pop less for me with 8.25, but I like them all around more so I settle.

New Thrasher cover has Tom Knox with risers. Is he on super loose trucks?

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #7106 on: December 12, 2019, 11:12:32 AM »
This has surely been covered somewhere on this very extensive thread but here it is.

I am happy skating Indy's but I was curious... IF I tried Thunders but wanted to keep the same axle to axle wheelbase... which board WB should I switch to?

According to Ben Degros Thunder WB is about 1/4" longer than Indy. So since I ride a 14.25, theoretically I would like a 14" WB deck with Thunders. Now fingers-of-flat, board length, etc. would come in to play too so I don't think I will ever bother but I was curious.

Yes your correct. 14" wb to get "similar" turning radius, and more fingers of flat to give some what equal pop.

Skatansfinest666

• Rep: 0
  • Everything skateboarding 🛹 • Avid THC enthusiast
« Reply #7107 on: December 13, 2019, 12:31:15 AM »
i dont really mess around with my trucks.
i ride independent stage 11 149. 3 speedrings on the inside, 1 on the outside to keep the axlenut flush.
i never tighten/loosen the trucks. i just leave them how i got them.
the longer i ride the same pair of trucks the softer they get, due to the bushings. i kinda like it that way and i dont wanna screw around too much.

My question is where do I find aftermarket bearing spacers that actually fit my wheels? The bones ones that come with Swiss and reds don’t fit any of my F4 spitfires? I ride full conical or radial full and have never had any to fit flush and snuggish? Anyone have any ideas? Assuming I gotta measure the circumference of the wheel core and find spacers that match my measurements and sizes?
D€€P_FR¿€D™️

Skatansfinest666

• Rep: 0
  • Everything skateboarding 🛹 • Avid THC enthusiast
« Reply #7108 on: December 13, 2019, 12:32:56 AM »

Thee actually look really appealing they’ve got an ACE/Indy hybrid look going on here no gonna lie they look really good imo hahaha

D€€P_FR¿€D™️

chappers

« Reply #7109 on: December 13, 2019, 04:52:17 AM »
Switching around a lot was one of the worst things I have ever done. I know that Quasi 8.5 with Ace is magic and a lot of 8.25 with 14.25WB with Indy is magic. Thunders pop less for me with 8.25, but I like them all around more so I settle.

New Thrasher cover has Tom Knox with risers. Is he on super loose trucks?

mike arnold called him tommy tight trucks so id imagine its either cause he likes the height or how risers feel. i never use risers but my brother wont skate a board without em