Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1231262 times)

bbk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #7680 on: January 28, 2020, 04:43:50 AM »

What size Theeve trucks did you ride on the 8.3? I got a pair of 5.25s, thinking of trying them with an 8.38 board.
5.25 theeve's are below 8.0, something like 7.92, so it'd be a bit magic carpety for sure.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7681 on: January 28, 2020, 06:22:11 AM »
Anybody knows if Thunder 95 aftermarket bushings, the blue ones, fit into Aces?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #7682 on: January 28, 2020, 07:34:04 AM »

the thunder bottom fits ace. Its like the only one that does. I have no idea how it will feel but a assume the short top will give you the option of lots of hanger play with out popping your pivot out. I would like to know if you try this combination
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7683 on: January 28, 2020, 08:59:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the thunder bottom fits ace. Its like the only one that does. I have no idea how it will feel but a assume the short top will give you the option of lots of hanger play with out popping your pivot out. I would like to know if you try this combination
I'll give a try asap ;)
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #7684 on: January 28, 2020, 02:50:00 PM »
random truck Q's if anyone from DLX still posts here - are the baseplates from Venture 5.0 to 6.1 (hi) width still all the same? what hardness are the yellow bushings in the 6.1's?

eyeing another stupid quiver setup I don't really need and considering options....

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #7685 on: January 28, 2020, 03:29:15 PM »
random truck Q's if anyone from DLX still posts here - are the baseplates from Venture 5.0 to 6.1 (hi) width still all the same? what hardness are the yellow bushings in the 6.1's?

eyeing another stupid quiver setup I don't really need and considering options....
Cast and forged should all be the same. But lows will have shorter kingpins (and bushings).
Bushings are supposed to all be the same durometer regardless of color. Technically a lil different chemically so could feel different..

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7686 on: January 28, 2020, 03:31:07 PM »
I love the venture truck. Im not gonna lie though this axle shrinky dink bullshit sucks.

Tap tap tap

I get home to demonstrate issue for dlx to improve and they warmed up and dont slip.

This happens with other trucks especially indy pre stage 11.
I had one ace slip no one hit me back was likely the same cold weather at first.
It fixed itself doing fast crooks back 180.
I put a lot of pressure on that trick.

Put my old broke bones black top i found one fine day near eggs on my front truck. Boom i found nose manny again.

It was the move.
I got it almost turning like an ace but the board always wants to help you land clean because of the stability in the back.

Its like a swiss army knife.

No surfy wiggle if you're off bolts is what im saying

Im really happy about the truck but i ride spacers and well maintained ceramics but im skating a flat street gap in traffic and im feeling resistance with 101a wheel on salt pitted ground going switch.

Not fucjing cool. I dont want to get run over oit here. I wanna get run over out there when im 80 or 90 going 30 35mph.

Boom and thats it. Lovely Rita San Francisco meter maid takes out oldest long-term couch surfing skater yesterday. His last words were i had a job in the warehouse at deluxe when i was 64 it was my only job i ever had. Thank you skating i luv you

I also dont wanna get shot.
(A)pl(E)

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #7687 on: January 28, 2020, 03:44:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Cast and forged should all be the same. But lows will have shorter kingpins (and bushings).
Bushings are supposed to all be the same durometer regardless of color. Technically a lil different chemically so could feel different..

Hi, thanks. I'm not sure about bushing duro though... the deluxe site def has replacement bushings listed - purple at 98a, red 94a so I wondered if the green and yellow got progressively harder to compensate for the increased lean potential on the wider variants?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7688 on: January 28, 2020, 03:57:22 PM »
To compare the original Ace bushings vs Thunder 95 aftermarket.
Top:

Bottom:

With the Ace washers the bushings look small

With everything Thunder the look is much more nicer

Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Diamonds and Wood

• Rep: 2
« Reply #7689 on: January 28, 2020, 04:01:39 PM »
Top:

Bottom:

Bruh, your bottom bushing is upside down.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #7690 on: January 28, 2020, 04:13:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Top:

Bottom:

[close]

bushings? blue
installation? wrong
credibility? sinking
hotel? trivago
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7691 on: January 28, 2020, 04:25:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Top:

Bottom:

[close]
Feels better that way for me
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 04:32:43 PM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7692 on: January 28, 2020, 04:41:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Top:

Bottom:

[close]

yeah id flip that. Might be better that way tho who knows. Id think broken yoke or pivot area
(A)pl(E)

Diocletian

« Reply #7693 on: January 28, 2020, 04:49:21 PM »
People are gonna start trying their trucks with upside down bushings to add another factor into their truck madness :D

satan

« Reply #7694 on: January 28, 2020, 04:54:19 PM »
People are gonna start trying their trucks with upside down bushings to add another factor into their truck madness :D
Lol. This is like putting your truck on backwards. I've done that.. the worst is when you don't notice until you're rolling.
Idk. I'd probably check it out it for shits and giggles if I did that by accident.
Seems like they'd be super carvy but might wheelbite?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7695 on: January 28, 2020, 05:00:54 PM »
I'll try tomorrow, I'll keep you informed
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Diamonds and Wood

« Reply #7696 on: January 28, 2020, 06:44:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Top:

Bottom:

[close]
[close]
Feels better that way for me
Sure 😂... that’s why you changed your response from “oops.” It’s ok, I remember when I was like 11, took my first trucks apart the first time, I forgot how to put them together. This was pre internet.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #7697 on: January 28, 2020, 06:57:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Top:

Bottom:

[close]
Gnar'd

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #7698 on: January 28, 2020, 08:08:12 PM »
What trucks do you guys think are the best for weak / shitty ankles? I rotate between the big 3 because I like features of each. But my ankle is trash and I am over thinking about it. Currently got Indys but pondering the sweet delicate stability of ventures. Worried that the deep turning of Indy, thunder or ace may allow my weak ankle to roll on sight

Trust me an ankle sprained roller extraordinaire even from a crappy Ollie

Mini logo, they have a really nice low center of gravity stability and it helps those weak ankles we suffer from have help on popping

Cause they’re low
yes

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7699 on: January 28, 2020, 08:20:56 PM »
Expand Quote
What trucks do you guys think are the best for weak / shitty ankles? I rotate between the big 3 because I like features of each. But my ankle is trash and I am over thinking about it. Currently got Indys but pondering the sweet delicate stability of ventures. Worried that the deep turning of Indy, thunder or ace may allow my weak ankle to roll on sight
[close]

Trust me an ankle sprained roller extraordinaire even from a crappy Ollie

Mini logo, they have a really nice low center of gravity stability and it helps those weak ankles we suffer from have help on popping

Cause they’re low

Start following Kyle Brown in IG, work on strengthening those ankle.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #7700 on: January 28, 2020, 10:54:03 PM »
shaved down my thunder stock bushings halfway. tried to take a hot knife to it at first and it was a butcher job. had to fix it up against my cruisers griptape. knowing i wouldnt be able to sleep without trying it out, i threw them back in my thunders went to the local ball courts in 30 degree weather.

with the nut flush they were at rattling looseness. within the first push i realized that i am not good enough to handle this twitch. pushing at full speed was a safety hazard and i dont have the balance to set up a trick when any sudden lean throws me. if you ride your thunders loose, mad respect to you. i tightened them to what would be a bit looser than flush with a regular bushing and it easily felt better than my reg tightness. my nollie back shoves were really on for the 45 min i stayed out.

not sure if ill stay on these bushings or go to a proper low bushing, but im sticking with a low top bushing from now on. i do want to get good enough eventually to ride almost rattly and i think the trick is to just let them get loose and never tighten them. with a couple threads peeking out, ill treat them like training wheels
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Diamonds and Wood

« Reply #7701 on: January 29, 2020, 01:11:16 AM »
shaved down my thunder stock bushings halfway. tried to take a hot knife to it at first and it was a butcher job. had to fix it up against my cruisers griptape. knowing i wouldnt be able to sleep without trying it out, i threw them back in my thunders went to the local ball courts in 30 degree weather.

with the nut flush they were at rattling looseness. within the first push i realized that i am not good enough to handle this twitch. pushing at full speed was a safety hazard and i dont have the balance to set up a trick when any sudden lean throws me. if you ride your thunders loose, mad respect to you. i tightened them to what would be a bit looser than flush with a regular bushing and it easily felt better than my reg tightness. my nollie back shoves were really on for the 45 min i stayed out.

not sure if ill stay on these bushings or go to a proper low bushing, but im sticking with a low top bushing from now on. i do want to get good enough eventually to ride almost rattly and i think the trick is to just let them get loose and never tighten them. with a couple threads peeking out, ill treat them like training wheels
Why though? Some weird pride thing? The only person that can ride thunders like that is Frank, and he's a 45 year old grown man with the body weight of a 12 year old boy. Just ride your shit stock and tight. Embrace the stability.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #7702 on: January 29, 2020, 01:55:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Why though? Some weird pride thing? The only person that can ride thunders like that is Frank, and he's a 45 year old grown man with the body weight of a 12 year old boy. Just ride your shit stock and tight. Embrace the stability.

Bobby De Keyzer rides his Thunders as loose or looser. He goes the full Matt Rod method of cutting each bushing in half, and then proceeds to do his insane tech things. It's mind blowing to see. Just throwing that out there. But those are the only two I know of doing that on Thunders.

Diamonds and Wood

« Reply #7703 on: January 29, 2020, 02:06:16 AM »

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #7704 on: January 29, 2020, 02:34:21 AM »
You could have just called me a boomer and saved the bandwidth bud.

Also, it's the truck thread, if you think what I said was condescending, strap the fuck in.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 02:37:41 AM by palelight »

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #7705 on: January 29, 2020, 03:37:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

it looks fun and didnt cost me anything, why not? i know people who ride them with just washers, no top bushing at all.

why you ride your deck width assuming you skate? its freedom of choice dont be a kook

Diamonds and Wood

« Reply #7706 on: January 29, 2020, 03:49:30 AM »
idk man, do you. I don’t care enough, you and the dude that put his bushings in wrong, twice.

satan

« Reply #7707 on: January 29, 2020, 04:43:07 AM »
idk man, do you. I don’t care enough, you and the dude that put his bushings in wrong, twice.
But you do or you'd have skipped this comment.

Diamonds and Wood

« Reply #7708 on: January 29, 2020, 05:24:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
But you do or you'd have skipped this comment.
"But you dooooo cuz you said somethiiing..." fuck you.

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #7709 on: January 29, 2020, 07:17:05 AM »

PMA