Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1221569 times)

Fhk

Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #9990 on: March 28, 2021, 05:57:36 PM »
Anybody tried Thunder 161s on a 8.75?

hobochimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #9991 on: March 28, 2021, 09:30:28 PM »
Ace bushings in Indys?

Recently I ran ace low bushings in some Indys and it was great. Best bushing experience I’ve had with indys

CBP

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #9992 on: March 29, 2021, 08:14:40 AM »
Thanks guys

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 940
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #9993 on: April 01, 2021, 05:45:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Ace bushings in Indys?
[close]

Recently I ran ace low bushings in some Indys and it was great. Best bushing experience I’ve had with indys

I didn't run the low bottoms but I do run ACE low tops + Regular bottoms in ANYTHING that comes stock with barrel bottoms: Indy/Mini Logo/Venture and they improve them all - Using that combo in Ventures was the only thing that made them skateable for me (note you can use the low bottom in Ventures just fine).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 07:25:39 PM by Xen »

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #9994 on: April 01, 2021, 06:11:13 PM »
Actually have ace tops in my Indy 169 right now too. With 97a barrel bottoms

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #9995 on: April 03, 2021, 12:47:07 AM »
Indy 215 cut down to about 172 (9.25 axle). Hated the 215s, inspired by Dicola. Have yet to skate.

Diocletian

« Reply #9996 on: April 03, 2021, 09:43:23 AM »
Sick man! I’ve always wanted to have a set of cut down 215’s after seeing that dicola video, too. No skill or resources to do such a thing, though. Is the geometry different on 215’s or do they still have the same as any other size stage 11?

Frank and Fred

« Reply #9997 on: April 03, 2021, 10:15:39 AM »
I could be wrong but I believe 215s and 109s have older Indy geometry. 215s Stage 4?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9998 on: April 03, 2021, 11:36:00 AM »
I could be wrong but I believe 215s and 109s have older Indy geometry. 215s Stage 4?

If you go by the NHS storefront, the Mids and 215s are the only trucks not listed as Stage XI..

The new MiD is 52mm tall and built on Independent legendary geometry with full size cushions for maximum turning action and comes in 129, 139, 144, 149, 159 sizes.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 04:21:38 PM by Xen »

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #9999 on: April 03, 2021, 12:07:23 PM »
Sick man! I’ve always wanted to have a set of cut down 215’s after seeing that dicola video, too. No skill or resources to do such a thing, though. Is the geometry different on 215’s or do they still have the same as any other size stage 11?

You could do it. I did it with everything in that pic. Threaded the axle with a skate tool. Labor of love, take your time and enjoy the process.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #10000 on: April 03, 2021, 12:31:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You could do it. I did it with everything in that pic. Threaded the axle with a skate tool. Labor of love, take your time and enjoy the process.

Threaded the excess axle with a skate tool? That deserves a gnar. How was your arm after that?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10001 on: April 03, 2021, 04:10:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Threaded the excess axle with a skate tool? That deserves a gnar. How was your arm after that?

My guess is he has a strong forearm as it is... ;)

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10002 on: April 05, 2021, 01:37:12 PM »
Film Trucks just showed up at Library Skateshop.  I wonder if there there is going to be more widespread distribution stateside?

skateandphotos

• Rep: 11
  • I just wanna ollie everyting
« Reply #10003 on: April 05, 2021, 01:42:24 PM »
Anybody tried Thunder 161s on a 8.75?

Yeah I had it with a polar it was pretty nice defiantly need risers for anything over 55mm for wheels

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #10004 on: April 06, 2021, 09:43:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ace bushings in Indys?
[close]

[close]

I didn't run the low bottoms but I do run ACE low tops + Regular bottoms in ANYTHING that comes stock with barrel bottoms: Indy/Mini Logo/Venture and they improve them all - Using that combo in Ventures was the only thing that made them skateable for me (note you can use the low bottom in Ventures just fine).

Adding on to this ace low bottoms and tops work in thunders as well. I also use the same for indy

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #10005 on: April 06, 2021, 03:39:26 PM »
Set up some Krux K5 on an FA 8.375.
Previously went from Venture, to Indys, and then Thunders. Krux have a procrastinated turn. You’ll lean and they won’t turn immediately but once you’re about to wheelbite. I have some Ace bushings that I may swap over if they don’t break in yet.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #10006 on: April 06, 2021, 04:01:38 PM »
Previously went from Venture, to Indys, and then Thunders. Krux have a procrastinated turn. You’ll lean and they won’t turn immediately but once you’re about to wheelbite. I have some Ace bushings that I may swap over if they don’t break in yet.

Yeah the new Krux are interesting because mine don’t turn that great (the delay you mentioned, though I feel it’s a lesser delay than the old krux) unless they are wobbly loose with bones softs in them, then they turn awesome for me. The old Krux don’t turn well for me at all no matter what I do to them (except putting Indy baseplates on, then they turn fine). I felt the delay less

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #10007 on: April 06, 2021, 04:12:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah the new Krux are interesting because mine don’t turn that great (the delay you mentioned, though I feel it’s a lesser delay than the old krux) unless they are wobbly loose with bones softs in them, then they turn awesome for me. The old Krux don’t turn well for me at all no matter what I do to them (except putting Indy baseplates on, then they turn fine). I felt the delay less

Almost bought old ones to compare. Going to give them a week worth of skating and I’ll fidget with them. I appreciate the weight but they are a bit annoying to turn in.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #10008 on: April 06, 2021, 07:35:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Almost bought old ones to compare. Going to give them a week worth of skating and I’ll fidget with them. I appreciate the weight but they are a bit annoying to turn in.

For sure, it’s really bizarre because as soon as I tighten them even slightly tighter than wobbly, the turn becomes a problem again

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #10009 on: April 07, 2021, 10:29:47 AM »
Trucks were feeling slightly off, not too bad but the front truck felt a bit loose so I tightened it just a bit and then I tried tightening the back one up a bit to match up with the front one and it might have been the worst mistake ever. Now I’ve been tinkering with my trucks for the past half a week now, tightening them a little bit or loosening them a little bit to get them to feel just right but no adjustment feels good to me. Should have just left them as is. Truck tightness OCD kicking back in full effect. Wanted to post this in the things you’re not stoked on thread but felt this thread was more appropriate.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #10010 on: April 07, 2021, 10:54:13 AM »
What's the word on Indy Titanium? I'm feeling the truck madness seep in again after going from Thunder to Venture, love the slide but finding the right popping point and matching deck is tough. Thinking of 144 Titanium.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #10011 on: April 07, 2021, 10:57:14 AM »
What's the word on Indy Titanium? I'm feeling the truck madness seep in again after going from Thunder to Venture, love the slide but finding the right popping point and matching deck is tough. Thinking of 144 Titanium.

they good

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #10012 on: April 07, 2021, 11:28:49 AM »
Trucks were feeling slightly off, not too bad but the front truck felt a bit loose so I tightened it just a bit and then I tried tightening the back one up a bit to match up with the front one and it might have been the worst mistake ever. Now I’ve been tinkering with my trucks for the past half a week now, tightening them a little bit or loosening them a little bit to get them to feel just right but no adjustment feels good to me. Should have just left them as is. Truck tightness OCD kicking back in full effect. Wanted to post this in the things you’re not stoked on thread but felt this thread was more appropriate.

If it's messing with you really bad you could adjust them at the end of a session when you won't be skating anymore that day. Then just hop on and keep them as is next session.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #10013 on: April 07, 2021, 12:52:10 PM »
I'm skating Film hollow kingpin 5.25 with clear stock bushings and bones top washers.
So far they're great, was used to them in a session or two

ballintoohard

« Reply #10014 on: April 07, 2021, 03:24:17 PM »

they're nice, but forged hollow are barely heavier and decently cheaper.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10015 on: April 07, 2021, 03:40:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've got an unused pair of 144 TI (mounted not skated) I'm sitting on, let me know! I'm holding out for the Ti Mids.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 05:04:59 PM by Xen »

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #10016 on: April 07, 2021, 04:09:10 PM »
The temperature is swinging wildly here in the pas couple weeks, from mid 30s to 80, and my trucks feel different every time I skate. I’m really fighting swapping bushings.

SuperRupp

• Rep: 1
« Reply #10017 on: April 07, 2021, 05:09:48 PM »
Indy just posted a photo of the mid baseplate on their IG story. No logo on them. No update on a forged or Ti version though.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #10018 on: April 07, 2021, 07:45:37 PM »
The temperature is swinging wildly here in the pas couple weeks, from mid 30s to 80, and my trucks feel different every time I skate. I’m really fighting swapping bushings.

I started skating bones hards in my thunders for the Arizona summers because that 110 degree heat will turn your shit to mush real quick and that's been working for me. I'm about to get some new ones soon since it's already warming up out here and I'm still skating the ones I switched to last summer

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #10019 on: April 08, 2021, 08:29:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I started skating bones hards in my thunders for the Arizona summers because that 110 degree heat will turn your shit to mush real quick and that's been working for me. I'm about to get some new ones soon since it's already warming up out here and I'm still skating the ones I switched to last summer

I was skating bones mediums on top during the winter, and they didn’t seem as temperature sensitive  as the Indy softs I’m riding now. They broke, though. The Indys shrink and just turn to stone below a certain temperature.