Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1223790 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #11640 on: September 07, 2022, 05:33:08 PM »

This is good. Feels loose. Definitely risers if over 54.

I let a homie try. He said damn I had no idea ventures could turn.

It feels like a Bones no top washer. This winter will be the ultimate test.

This is a new 5.6 hollow on a 5.6 Castro bp. Loose trucks conversion kit. A++

Lol I'm leaving that shit.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Vintagebody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #11641 on: September 07, 2022, 11:00:16 PM »
Anyone seen Ishod's stories latly? Please release the inverted kingpin already, Thunder...

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #11642 on: September 09, 2022, 12:41:20 PM »
How different are Indy hollow forged vs Ace AF1s in terms of pop feel, stability and pinch?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11643 on: September 09, 2022, 05:22:39 PM »

Saw these weird Indy knocks today.

I have the absolute perfect set up now.

The vhollow 5.6 plus a Castro plate
Lowering kit and the 3ply riser made it perfect for 58 mm of classic.

Combined with the 14" wb I'm so happy
(A)pl(E)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #11644 on: September 09, 2022, 05:59:54 PM »
I believe those are the zumiez house brand trucks

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 443
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11645 on: September 11, 2022, 06:18:12 AM »
The second Indy moved production to China nearly all of the prebuilt completes started coming with these Indy rips. They look the same and feel the same except cheaper metals.

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 443
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11646 on: September 15, 2022, 03:36:11 PM »
Incoming Primitive X Independent. Looks like ikp on a standard non-mindy if I’m seeing correctly:

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11647 on: September 15, 2022, 03:49:07 PM »

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #11648 on: September 15, 2022, 07:20:39 PM »
Incoming Primitive X Independent. Looks like ikp on a standard non-mindy if I’m seeing correctly:

Hey those are the bolts I was looking about, not the color but Indy’s have 2 types of the head graphic

Those “precision” ones with lines and then the regular iron cross logo on top

I wonder if these have a “P” on top
yes

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #11649 on: September 15, 2022, 08:15:40 PM »
I want a set of these just for display because of how extra they are :v

Which one of you is going to set those up with a gold foil board?  ;D

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11650 on: September 15, 2022, 10:05:05 PM »

I haven't been doing much grinds since the retirement of my last set of cast hangers. They were over. Tried to pass them but no one wanted them. Axle was showing. I miss them. I'll likely not go hollow in the future but we'll see. I'll likely feel different in a month.

Anyway. I recommend this set up with the 3 ply risers if you're running better than 52s.

The truck wobbles.
 More than anything I've run a cut top bushing in before

Cast plates are a must or a second set of plates might be needed too if you're heavier than 160? Idk.

14" wb.

Um that's all.

Definitely wobbles.

The wheel bite marks are from my 54mm tear loops. I had them in with no risers. Now I got these 58mm og classic and the riser works good.

Risers make a big difference with ventures I feel
(A)pl(E)

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #11651 on: September 15, 2022, 10:06:10 PM »
I want a set of these just for display because of how extra they are :v

Which one of you is going to set those up with a gold foil board?  ;D

Full glow in the dark setup > Full gold setup ;D
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #11652 on: September 17, 2022, 04:00:11 PM »
Latest Thrasher mag (#508), page 222. Venture X DC incoming

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #11653 on: September 17, 2022, 05:40:44 PM »
Sick….nothing says trucks like shoes….

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 309
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #11654 on: September 20, 2022, 07:33:29 AM »
Latest Thrasher mag (#508), page 222. Venture X DC incoming

venture x dc edit gonna be fire. hopefully there is will marshall footy

IpathCats

« Reply #11655 on: September 20, 2022, 08:47:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I asked Elijah what size these new Indy's were and he said they're 151's, which are slightly bigger than 149's. I also asked him when they come out and he said he isn't sure.
[close]

I can't wait. I'm hoping that I can get these in 144. This is the best shit Indy has done ever. They will likely have the reverse no hang up yoke too.

I imagine it will be like coming home. Full circle in skating. Stage 4 was my first truck. I have copers and everything.
[close]

The story at this point is that the narrowest size is going to be a hair larger than the 149. Hopefully something for the 144 crowd shows up, but 144s themselves are a relatively recent creation and it’s possible that Indy is not anticipating a lot of demand from the 8.25” crowd.

Very interested in these, will certainly be checking back here. Do we even have a strictly Indy thread?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11656 on: September 20, 2022, 08:52:21 AM »
What do you think we are around here……

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #11657 on: September 25, 2022, 03:00:22 AM »
Going mad guys

Need answers

What’s the geo on krux supposed to be similar to?

Specifically the kIII/k3 but general if anything

I remember reading they’re supposed to be similar to one of the old Indy stages but which

Also which trucks worked best for which conclaves?

I’m trying to dwindle down the madness by just making sure I plug the trucks that bring out more from the board, like do Indy’s work better on a closer to flat or deep concave board?
yes

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #11658 on: September 25, 2022, 05:11:37 AM »
Going mad guys

Need answers

I remember reading they’re supposed to be similar to one of the old Indy stages but which

I’m trying to dwindle down the madness by just making sure I plug the trucks that bring out more from the board, like do Indy’s work better on a closer to flat or deep concave board?

Brother don't do this to yourself. People ride any trucks on any board Indy's work on damn near any board available.

Krux are weird but I had the K4. They're just a simple truck no crazy traits about them

FrankRizzo

• Rep: 10
« Reply #11659 on: September 25, 2022, 06:01:15 AM »
Going mad guys

Need answers

K4 have a shorter wheelbase than AF1 and K4 are also taller.

Krux seem to be Indy height with one of the shortest wheelbases available among brands.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11660 on: September 25, 2022, 07:33:11 AM »
We haven’t answer his question…..

I remember them not turning well compared to any Indy….so maybe there’s an old Indy but otherwise…I’d say more like a thunder or venture….

krux is it’s own animal really….the hole makes them incomparable…

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #11661 on: September 25, 2022, 07:43:29 AM »
I'd say the krux turn is closest to venture, but the krux pop is closest to mini logos, or ace classics, on riser pads

overwaxed

• Rep: 90
« Reply #11662 on: September 25, 2022, 09:31:42 AM »
So, whatever you do, don’t think you can just Frankenstein Indy’s together...
I just assumed throwing some mindy hangers on forged baseplates, wouldn't be an issue.. that is very incorrect.. running them with white Indy bushings, and they feel tight as fuck...I’ve been telling myself to stay the course and break them bitches in, but I don’t think I can take it...

Anybody want to trade some 44 or 55 classics for some hollow forged 159(149 too)

I’ve got af1 44’s or 55’s I’d trade for the 159’s!

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #11663 on: September 25, 2022, 10:56:34 AM »
Expand Quote
So, whatever you do, don’t think you can just Frankenstein Indy’s together...
I just assumed throwing some mindy hangers on forged baseplates, wouldn't be an issue.. that is very incorrect.. running them with white Indy bushings, and they feel tight as fuck...I’ve been telling myself to stay the course and break them bitches in, but I don’t think I can take it...

Anybody want to trade some 44 or 55 classics for some hollow forged 159(149 too)
[close]

I’ve got af1 44’s or 55’s I’d trade for the 159’s!

same

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #11664 on: September 25, 2022, 05:46:53 PM »
Thanks for the answers guys

I’m not really trying to jump on the krux wagon until they come out with their own mids or lows cause as mentioned by all

Tall…way too tall and no turn, like a bizarro Indy

I wanted to see if anyone knew the Indy stage they used for reference for the krux geo so I can stick to whatever Indy or trucks that would be, but lower and better at turning

The Indy mids were nice but some days they feel heavy

I like my venture 5.6 but thunder 148 aren’t far off on that style of turnability and wb and thunders are more versatile

I have 3 setups right now trying to ride each setup on rotation to gauge what actually gives me the most consistency, confidence and ease

Should I reveal the dark secret of my current favorite setup I’m starting to grow less ashamed about?

It’s the setup most slappers agree with the design and geo but not the brand and look ::)

I got my deck shape on lock of what I want but always coming back to what trucks… :P
yes

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #11665 on: September 25, 2022, 09:09:29 PM »

I’m not really trying to jump on the krux wagon until they come out with their own mids or lows cause as mentioned by all

I wanted to see if anyone knew the Indy stage they used for reference for the krux geo so I can stick to whatever Indy or trucks that would be, but lower and better at turning

I like my venture 5.6 but thunder 148 aren’t far off on that style of turnability and wb and thunders are more versatile

I have 3 setups right now trying to ride each setup on rotation to gauge what actually gives me the most consistency, confidence and ease

Should I reveal the dark secret of my current favorite setup I’m starting to grow less ashamed about?

It’s the setup most slappers agree with the design and geo but not the brand and look ::)

I got my deck shape on lock of what I want but always coming back to what trucks… :P

Just say no to Krux and yes to ML?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1924
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #11666 on: September 25, 2022, 09:25:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I would agree with the ML but I recently set mine up again and the bushings were straight ass. Didn't fit the yoke and my trucks were rattling so badly I thought I was riding without pivot cups. Didn't help the pivot cups are hard plastic, swapping to generic pivot cups didn't help either and the hanger was wiggling around like crazy.

Edit: huge bummer, they had an excellent pinch
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 10:59:58 PM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #11667 on: September 26, 2022, 10:19:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I would agree with the ML but I recently set mine up again and the bushings were straight ass. Didn't fit the yoke and my trucks were rattling so badly I thought I was riding without pivot cups. Didn't help the pivot cups are hard plastic, swapping to generic pivot cups didn't help either and the hanger was wiggling around like crazy.

It's been a minute but yeah, those cups are hard af...if I recall even && mentioned that the ML 'hardware' wasn't great..FWIW the tensor cups fit well and of course swapping to ACE bushings ;)

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #11668 on: September 26, 2022, 12:19:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

It's been a minute but yeah, those cups are hard af...if I recall even && mentioned that the ML 'hardware' wasn't great..FWIW the tensor cups fit well and of course swapping to ACE bushings ;)

$14 pivot cups for $28 trucks. 

https://www.riptidesports.com/pivot-cups/mini-logo-pivot-cup/

I have a set in mine - although I haven't skated my Mini Logo trucks in a couple years.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11669 on: September 26, 2022, 12:39:32 PM »
I’ve ridden standard Indys for as long as I can remember, but felt like switching it up and got some forged hollow 144s after reading great things about them. I love the lightness, but can’t stand the wheelbite I’m getting. I’m a thin dude, ride spitfire conical full 53s, and like my trucks somewhat loose, but even then I never experienced wheelbite like this. No amount of tightening/loosening makes it feel better. I think this fucking baseplate’s 2mm difference is killing me.

Should I try risers? I’ve long ridden them on my cruiser boards, but I’ve never needed them on my “regular” board. I don’t know what else to do, this shit is driving me insane.