Author Topic: Independent trucks and racist ideology  (Read 97493 times)

KronLaFlare

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
Re: Independent trucks and racist ideology
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2017, 02:39:57 PM »
Thunder uses the lightning bolt image on trucks still, they must be paying homage to the SS/Nazi/white power scene⚡️⚡️

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2017, 03:03:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I dunno maybe casue it is racist they have a lot of white tranny skaters. Plus iron cross logo. Indy is biker raciss.

And who cares? you not gonna buy thier shit or something now?

Indy is kinda bro now, I see people wiith indy shirts an Im like, dis mufucka dont skate.

Can we start on own Jim Jones skateboard island? I be leader. No cool aid this time though.
[close]

This right here but I fucks with Indy regardless. Although lots of monster and metal mulisha in Simi Valley broism too. I like to see the white girlswith pink ruff Ryder bandanas in the back pocket.

They usually have these haircuts
[close]

So people who wear Indy shirts would like to speak to a manager?

[close]
That's the "married at 18, single mom at 22" look.
[close]
Serious question, what did you type in to google to find those images?

i saw a meme that said "the i have kids but none are mine haircut" i was looking for that but only this one came up
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2017, 05:19:24 PM »
is the spitfire logo too close to the KKK hoods???????  :o :o :o

Hefe43

« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2017, 05:45:08 PM »
is the spitfire logo too close to the KKK hoods???????  :o :o :o

this one is for sure

This Thing Of Ours

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2017, 06:02:49 PM »
Also, I would argue the use of "1-8" could be more correlated with naziism than the iron cross.
and... we're off!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

D. Bag

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2017, 06:11:00 PM »
This got me thinking, as the other day Ed Templeton posted photos from a pro-trump rally and one of the marchers was wearing an Independent jacket.?  To non-skaters, does the Indy cross come across as a racist symbol??  Would you wear an Indy shirt in Trump's America??  The Manolo/Ben K thread made some points, like don't look like a nazi if you don't want to be lumped in with nazi's.?  Does the same hold true for Indy gear??  Yes, it's a different cross, but still... Curious to hear the Pal's thoughts.

It's official, I'm now 100% embarrassed to be associated with skateboarding if this is what we've come to.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2017, 08:38:43 PM »
I don't worry about it but the reasoning I've heard is kind off goofy.

"It's not racist, it's because bikers used to wear Iron Crosses and bikers are gnarly!"

Ok, then why did bikers wear it?

It reminds me of this sandwich place that used to be around here called Chink's Steaks.

"It's not racist, it's just the owner's nickname because he had really slants eyes,"

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2017, 09:24:38 PM »

"It's not racist, it's because bikers used to wear Iron Crosses and bikers are gnarly!"

It reminds me of this sandwich place that used to be around here called Chink's Steaks.

"It's not racist, it's just the owner's nickname because he had really slants eyes,"

Bikers wore stuff for shock factor back in the "day" (60s and so on) and that included iron crosses,swastikas etc... nowadays most bikers want to look like Jason Jessee or what they see on Sons Of Anarchy

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2017, 09:32:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Also, I would argue the use of "1-8" could be more correlated with naziism than the iron cross.
[close]
and... we're off!

That's just simple code though. Pretty much all gangs use it.
you never know about pre-cum 

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2017, 12:58:26 AM »
While everyone is being silly. How bout that Klu KRUX Klan?

« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 01:31:16 AM by poowizard »

KronLaFlare

• Rep: -20
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2017, 06:05:37 AM »

I'm pretty sure they have beef with the Black Label Lives Matter Movement

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2017, 08:19:50 AM »

Ha, Love finding other people from Philly here.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2017, 08:26:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I'm pretty sure they have beef with the Black Label Lives Matter Movement

I think you just inspired a new truck design. Tie-dye, leopard print...white hoods

Also speaking of racism, Grosso's First Look/Sal's comment is making me wonder if Skatopia has a racist vibe. Has anyone been there and witnessed/experienced racism?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 08:39:49 AM by Adam Abbas »

uncle ducky do

• Rep: -110
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2017, 02:10:44 PM »
God it makes me cringe to see how fucking infected by new wave "liberalism" skateboarding has become.

"Are you guys comfortable wearing Indy in trumps America??  waaaaah everything is racist guys"

You wanna boycott Indy until they change their logo now baby boy?  Start a hashtag.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2017, 02:24:47 PM »
God it makes me cringe to see how fucking infected by new wave "liberalism" skateboarding has become.

"Are you guys comfortable wearing Indy in trumps America??  waaaaah everything is racist guys"

You wanna boycott Indy until they change their logo now baby boy?  Start a hashtag.

You guys are becoming worse than the people you complain about, for real, youre just upset at some elses opinion? why even care? I dont agree with Mormons and I dont give a fuck and never think or talk about it or the 100s of other fringe groups I dont agree with? westboro? dont even think about em playa

uncle ducky do

« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2017, 02:45:48 PM »
Expand Quote

"Are you guys comfortable wearing Indy in trumps America??  waaaaah everything is racist guys"

You wanna boycott Indy until they change their logo now baby boy?  Start a hashtag.

[close]
You guys are becoming worse than the people you complain about, for real, youre just upset at some elses opinion? why even care? I dont agree with Mormons and I dont give a fuck and never think or talk about it or the 100s of other fringe groups I dont agree with? westboro? dont even think about em playa

Don't clown yourself, this is the maintstream opinion in skating right now, so obviously it bothers me if i think its stupid.  Actual racists are a fucking fringe group, retards that go out of their way to see racism in everything are not at all a fringe group right now.   you perfectly proved my point when you referred to me as "you guys" as if pointing out the stupidity of racism witchhunts automatically makes me an "alt-right" person or a trump voter or a racist.   imbecile.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 02:47:29 PM by uncle ducky do »

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2017, 02:50:16 PM »
smh, wtf does trump have to do with this? Im Canadian yuh bumbaclaat, your persecution complex is showing   :'(

uncle ducky do

« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2017, 02:53:33 PM »
smh, wtf does trump have to do with this? Im Canadian yuh bumbaclaat, your persecution complex is showing   :'(

nothing, which is exactly my point here...... Reading comprehension in Canada not so hot eh?  Or maybe my writings not the best...  Regardless, you missed my point entirely.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2017, 02:55:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

nothing, which is exactly my point here...... Reading comprehension in Canada not so hot eh?  Or maybe my writings not the best...  Regardless, you missed my point entirely.
Why did you mention Trump and Alt-right then? if it has nothing to do with it? seems like a strange thing to include.

uncle ducky do

« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2017, 03:03:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Why did you mention Trump and Alt-right then? if it has nothing to do with it? seems like a strange thing to include.

"You guys are becoming worse than the people you complain about"      that is you trying to paint me as part of one of those groups.  now go back to you acting like you don't understand.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2017, 03:05:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

"You guys are becoming worse than the people you complain about"      that is you trying to paint me as part of one of those groups.  now go back to you acting like you don't understand.
It, wasn't at all, that is 100% from your own mind. Prove to me otherwise.

little ones

« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2017, 03:08:05 PM »
I heard Independent trucks was a nazi prison gang... makes sense.

uncle ducky do

« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2017, 03:12:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

What did you mean by "you guys?"  what group do you believe I was speaking for there?   

little ones

« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2017, 03:16:04 PM »
There motto is "fuck the rest". I think that means fuck everyone who isn't white.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2017, 03:25:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

What did you mean by "you guys?"  what group do you believe I was speaking for there?   
the shitloads of people who complain about people who are super PC everything is offensive, and even project a sense of persecution onto that

Hefe43

« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2017, 03:26:43 PM »

i own 50 pairs of indys but I'm not wearing the clothes anymore(haven't for years) no matter who is president. not cuz i care if someone else thinks its racist, im about to be 33 and just don't like the clothes anymore. id rather buy indy stickers and slap them on my deck. i am wearing a juilen stranger flying high shirt today tho but stranger + heroin = awesomeness

i think he meant dumbasses

This Thing Of Ours

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2017, 03:34:33 PM »
Early 90's black kids at my school were not having Indy gear. I watched my friend try to explain it and got punched about 3 words in. That was the only time I pondered why they used the Iron Cross, and never wore any.

uncle ducky do

« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2017, 03:37:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
i own 50 pairs of indys but I'm not wearing the clothes anymore(haven't for years) no matter who is president. not cuz i care if someone else thinks its racist, im about to be 33 and just don't like the clothes anymore. id rather buy indy stickers and slap them on my deck. i am wearing a juilen stranger flying high shirt today tho but stranger + heroin = awesomeness
Expand Quote
[close]

i think he meant dumbasses

Yeah heroin is super awesome and by "you guys" you meant "people who complain about people complaining" and I'm a dumbass.   

D. Bag

« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2017, 04:28:40 PM »
And I'm not saying Indy is a racist company, I'm asking, and it seems like others are confirming, that the logo can be misinterpreted for something it's not. It's almost the perfect alt-right logo. "Independent," anti government, self reliant, with a tinge of mild racism in the cross.

OMG INDY NEEDS TO TOTALLY REBRAND AND CHANGE THEIR LOGO NOW BECAUSE SOMEONE SOMEWHERE MIGHT ACCIDENTALLY LET THEIR POLITICAL BIAS CONFUSE THEM INTO THINKING THAT THEIR CROSS LOGO IS ALL 14/88 HITLER GAS EVERYONE AND KILL THE JEWS NAZI THEMED AND THIS IS REALLY SERIOUS STUFF AND WARRANTS IMMEDIATE CHANGE BECAUSE GOD FORBID SOMEONE GET THE WRONG IMPRESSION WE CAN'T LET THIS STUFF SLIDE GUYS IT'S TOTALLY IMPORTANT!!!!

Some of you have obviously been raised on so much political correctness, it's made your entire worldview based on finding new ways to be offended at every turn (or, to be a champion for those who aren't offended yet, but you're SURE they will be if they ever see that darned Indy logo!)

This shit's getting cornier by the minute.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2017, 04:30:16 PM »
Quote from: D. Bag  link=topic=94983.msg2629009#msg2629009 date=1491521320
Expand Quote
And I'm not saying Indy is a racist company, I'm asking, and it seems like others are confirming, that the logo can be misinterpreted for something it's not. It's almost the perfect alt-right logo. "Independent," anti government, self reliant, with a tinge of mild racism in the cross.
[close]

OMG INDY NEEDS TO TOTALLY REBRAND AND CHANGE THEIR LOGO NOW BECAUSE SOMEONE SOMEWHERE MIGHT ACCIDENTALLY LET THEIR POLITICAL BIAS CONFUSE THEM INTO THINKING THAT THEIR CROSS LOGO IS ALL 14/88 HITLER GAS EVERYONE AND KILL THE JEWS NAZI THEMED AND THIS IS REALLY SERIOUS STUFF AND WARRANTS IMMEDIATE CHANGE BECAUSE GOD FORBID SOMEONE GET THE WRONG IMPRESSION WE CAN'T LET THIS STUFF SLIDE GUYS IT'S TOTALLY IMPORTANT!!!!

Some of you have obviously been raised on so much political correctness, it's made your entire worldview based on finding new ways to be offended at every turn (or, to be a champion for those who aren't offended yet, but you're SURE they will be if they ever see that darned Indy logo!)

This shit's getting cornier by the minute.
we are not proud of nallid