Author Topic: Independent trucks and racist ideology  (Read 100516 times)

dooley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
Re: Independent trucks and racist ideology
« Reply #240 on: March 17, 2020, 09:15:52 PM »
What's with the salute?
Yuck, but at least his Quasimodo face is blurred by distance. What a trashbag.

NBD4ABD

« Reply #241 on: March 17, 2020, 09:35:58 PM »
I would not bother asking slap haha, They are just gunna call you dumb. I think its alright question and my opinion is maybe? However the logo is not its intention so I really do not care if people make it racist. We are skateboarders not some weird half-ass SJW counter culture. So leave that shit at the door. Shalom.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 10:00:21 PM by NBD4ABD »

dooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #242 on: March 17, 2020, 09:43:39 PM »
Leave what at the door, common sense? Smells like horse shit, or you've no brain. Fuck of with that, "It's just a skate logo but let's be blantantly wink wink about it!"

NBD4ABD

« Reply #243 on: March 17, 2020, 09:58:20 PM »
Leave what at the door, common sense? Smells like horse shit, or you've no brain. Fuck of with that, "It's just a skate logo but let's be blantantly wink wink about it!"
No bro.. the Iron cross dates back before hitler's Germany, It was German symbol of the military during the 19th century. I do not know why Fausto Vitello picked the logo however, The Germans are know for having strong perseverance and strength in their culture. None the less it does not mean racism your making it that way. Also I think the logo is cool and it does not remind me of racism..

NBD4ABD

« Reply #244 on: March 17, 2020, 10:01:07 PM »
You sound like a SJW by the way

dooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #245 on: March 17, 2020, 10:21:51 PM »
Sure dood. Keep buying price point trucks at full price, made in China for your AB. Have fun.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #246 on: March 17, 2020, 10:26:27 PM »
indys are great if you don’t mind the weight and don’t mind how hideous looking they are, but other than that, don’t really care for em. also every time i think of indy i still think of jason jesse so fuck em.

Agnarnomous

« Reply #247 on: March 18, 2020, 06:45:54 AM »
indys are great if you don’t mind the weight and don’t mind how hideous looking they are, but other than that, don’t really care for em. also every time i think of indy i still think of jason jesse so fuck em.

The titanium's are awesome if you're worried about weight. I didn't LOVE Indy's until they started doing the hollows and titanium's, because of how heavy they were previously. What trucks do you think look good? I love the way Indy's and Ace's look with the sort of cylindrical tube across the hangar personally. I think Ace's look especially good on film.

Agnarnomous

« Reply #248 on: March 18, 2020, 07:04:08 AM »
Sure dood. Keep buying price point trucks at full price, made in China for your AB. Have fun.

What trucks don't fall in that category? Aren't ventures the only truck made in the USA now? Also, in regards to the symbol, I feel like there's really no way to know the intention. Some people definitely use that symbol in a bad way, thats for sure. But it hasn't always meant that. So accepting it as a hate symbol just sort of validates the Nazis re appropriating it in the first place. So wouldn't it be more empowering to be like "fuck the Nazis, this isn't their symbol" and re claim it? If they can take it, why can't we? And at this point say Indy was to change their symbol because of the implications, they're sort of just caving, and giving that symbol up to bad people. Idk. Racial supremacy has no place in this world, but if we continue giving creedance to their bullshit, we sort of enable them in a way. How do you think Indy should handle this, or do you just hate them as a company at this point, and think they can't get passed this? (Serious question)

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #249 on: March 18, 2020, 07:52:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What trucks don't fall in that category? Aren't ventures the only truck made in the USA now? Also, in regards to the symbol, I feel like there's really no way to know the intention. Some people definitely use that symbol in a bad way, thats for sure. But it hasn't always meant that. So accepting it as a hate symbol just sort of validates the Nazis re appropriating it in the first place. So wouldn't it be more empowering to be like "fuck the Nazis, this isn't their symbol" and re claim it? If they can take it, why can't we? And at this point say Indy was to change their symbol because of the implications, they're sort of just caving, and giving that symbol up to bad people. Idk. Racial supremacy has no place in this world, but if we continue giving creedance to their bullshit, we sort of enable them in a way. How do you think Indy should handle this, or do you just hate them as a company at this point, and think they can't get passed this? (Serious question)

Tracker, da Kang, and 1-2 Destructo models are made in Usa. Maybe Gullwing too.

Surely debatable. Some ppl call it an Iron Cross even though that is square. I see the resemblance but it's more like the French Alisee Cross pattee.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_pattée
Now the Iron Cross is more associated with the Germany military going back to Prussia? At least WWI. So they still use it in war museums in Germany where the swastika and other symbols are banned. I could be wrong but their modern military (defenses force) might still use it.
This was my arguement to my friend.. His reply was, "What about the Godoy's? And Iron Cross skateboards? Those guys were racist as fuck."
I just laughed and said I didn't really have an argument for them/that.

I get what you're saying.. But kinda tough to take back the swastika? Idk how about a rainbow Swazi? Would that piss ppl off?

Edit..
Supposedly the Indy Cross was taken from a Newsweek cover of Pope John Paul. He's wearing a thing covered with multiple round crosses. Someone here knows the pic.. and someone swapped in the Venture logo. Could one of y'all post it? Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 07:56:08 AM by legion »

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #250 on: March 18, 2020, 07:56:21 AM »
Here's where they got the logo from so put this one to bed already.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #251 on: March 18, 2020, 08:26:57 AM »
The pope during the war was "neutral" and allowed the roundup of Jewish people.

Expand Quote
[close]

It's a logo with a certain history that can be "excused" or has room left to squirm out some shitty reasonings. It's, "In your face haha but we're not saying it" poosey shit. Given their history, ads, 1010, slogan, and etc, they know exactly what they're saying/doing and it's not like they'd ever come clean. I don't expect an iota of honesty from them, just weak attempts at logical fallacies to keep their game going. Just not going to buy their garbage.

NBD4ABD

« Reply #252 on: March 18, 2020, 09:43:28 AM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It's a logo with a certain history that can be "excused" or has room left to squirm out some shitty reasonings. It's, "In your face haha but we're not saying it" poosey shit. Given their history, ads, 1010, slogan, and etc, they know exactly what they're saying/doing and it's not like they'd ever come clean. I don't expect an iota of honesty from them, just weak attempts at logical fallacies to keep their game going. Just not going to buy their garbage.
Dooley your a dumbass

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #253 on: March 18, 2020, 09:44:09 AM »
You're*

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #254 on: March 18, 2020, 10:36:47 AM »

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #255 on: March 18, 2020, 11:12:09 AM »

Ultra Karen

« Reply #256 on: March 18, 2020, 03:30:51 PM »
We get it dear. You know how to use Wikipedia.

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26
« Reply #257 on: March 18, 2020, 03:34:21 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Indy is basically the only reason the Iron Cross is not considered 100% a hate symbol in virtually all western contexts like the swastika or SS bolts are.
It's a matter of degrees; re-appropriating the swastika would give Nazis cover. Imo appropriating fash shit is good when it's young, but once it's established it's important to let that shit speak for itself to make it harder for them to trick people into thinking they're just 'proud nationalist' or whatever they like to call themselves in front of liberals and chuds.
It's good to know who your enemy is.

edit:
lol i wonder who this is
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 03:42:46 PM by eraserheadfuckers »

drunkenshredder

• Rep: -135
« Reply #258 on: March 18, 2020, 04:09:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
1010 = JJ = Jason Jessee
Anyone feel like editing his wiki?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Jessee
[close]

Wait... What? Is this like a fucking codename or something? Who the fuck calls him this? I'm so confused right now lol.
[close]

On Slap, JJ short form has always meant Jake Johnson. In order to not confuse or associate Jake with Jason Jessee, people started short forming Jessee as 1010. J being the tenth letter in the alphabet. It’s a metonym, like 81 equals Hell’s Angels or 18 equals AntiHero.

slap is so edgy with the nicknames..can you guys start calling me cobra? fuck nvm that's chris cole. i'll try better next time

Raccoon Manne

• Rep: -49
« Reply #259 on: March 18, 2020, 04:30:10 PM »
Here's where they got the logo from so put this one to bed already.

Yep, triple k. Racist buttholes.

Raccoon Manne

« Reply #260 on: March 18, 2020, 04:33:29 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Indy is basically the only reason the Iron Cross is not considered 100% a hate symbol in virtually all western contexts like the swastika or SS bolts are.
It's a matter of degrees; re-appropriating the swastika would give Nazis cover. Imo appropriating fash shit is good when it's young, but once it's established it's important to let that shit speak for itself to make it harder for them to trick people into thinking they're just 'proud nationalist' or whatever they like to call themselves in front of liberals and chuds.

edit:
lol i wonder who this is

Thunder did a good job of hiding their racial agenda, sure there is only one ss bolt but you have two trucks smart guy!
Which skate truck isnt white power? I think venture and gk or the only ones.

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 818
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #261 on: March 18, 2020, 05:24:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

edit:
lol i wonder who this is

[close]
Thunder did a good job of hiding their racial agenda, sure there is only one ss bolt but you have two trucks smart guy!

I'm pretty sure "AWAKE" is a reference to holocaust denial.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #262 on: March 18, 2020, 05:34:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
1010 = JJ = Jason Jessee
[close]

Wait... What? Is this like a fucking codename or something? Who the fuck calls him this? I'm so confused right now lol.
[close]

On Slap, JJ short form has always meant Jake Johnson. In order to not confuse or associate Jake with Jason Jessee, people started short forming Jessee as 1010. J being the tenth letter in the alphabet. It’s a metonym, like 81 equals Hell’s Angels or 18 equals AntiHero.
[close]

slap is so edgy with the nicknames..can you guys start calling me cobra? fuck nvm that's chris cole. i'll try better next time
Wanna be "Rattlesnake"?

Agnarnomous

« Reply #263 on: March 18, 2020, 06:43:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
1010 = JJ = Jason Jessee
[close]

[close]

[close]

Did anyone actually call Chris Cole that? That would be fucking hilarious. "Sup Cobra"

lady fanny

• Rep: -52
« Reply #264 on: March 18, 2020, 06:59:08 PM »
i have an honest question i've never got a good answer for. why is the swastika so objectional [i mean, i know why] but the sickle and hammer isn't equally hated? i'd be ok with the whole 'punch a nazi' if people were morally consistent and punched commies too.
i think it all comes down to marketing. Communism has killed scores more than national socialism.
Lady Fanny from Omaha

Raccoon Manne

« Reply #265 on: March 18, 2020, 07:16:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

edit:
lol i wonder who this is

[close]
[close]

I'm pretty sure "AWAKE" is a reference to holocaust denial.
By Shalom! You're right! Are destined to wander this wasteland in search of a truck made for our tribe?

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2020, 07:24:43 PM »
i have an honest question i've never got a good answer for. why is the swastika so objectional [i mean, i know why] but the sickle and hammer isn't equally hated? i'd be ok with the whole 'punch a nazi' if people were morally consistent and punched commies too.
i think it all comes down to marketing. Communism has killed scores more than national socialism.
It's too fun to draw and must be contained

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #267 on: March 18, 2020, 07:30:06 PM »

goddamnit you suck so fucking much
🤙

Ghost Face

• Rep: 125
« Reply #268 on: March 18, 2020, 10:55:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What trucks don't fall in that category? Aren't ventures the only truck made in the USA now?

Proof or shut up.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1437
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #269 on: March 18, 2020, 10:59:20 PM »
how the fuck hard is it to recognize that certain symbology brings up feelings pain deep, deep genratioanl pain in many folk?
Support your local skate shop