Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 533712 times)

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 200
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #5400 on: March 20, 2023, 05:25:09 AM »
Anybody here tried out ace 77 af1’s? I rode the ace 66 classics numerous times. How does the extra length feel and weigh? Is there any reason to upgrade up to 77s?

drinny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
« Reply #5401 on: March 20, 2023, 12:20:08 PM »
Expand Quote
All free stuff

Creature 9 (15 WB)
Indy 169
Of classic 58
Super reds
Friends hardware company
1/8 riser
Random clear rails
[close]

Clear rails!

Why aren’t they standard? Cool  8)

elegant_fox

« Reply #5402 on: March 20, 2023, 12:40:33 PM »

Got this Salba Baby Stomper on sale from Socal and set it up for my dad since he's been having some setbacks learning on the flat and noseless Eric Dressen Dogtown deck. Stepping up to close to 32 from 30 is also a big difference in length.

It was my first time setting up a deck with the old school truck pattern, set wide for the maximum 15"wb. He's much more confident on this deck since it has a better concave and an actual nose. I really like the color combo on the wheels and deck. I think the correct truck fitment on this would be 169s, but I didn't want my dad to get tripped up on the wheels since that was happening on the old deck. They're fairly tucked with the 159s with just a little poke at the tapered tail.

Santa Cruz Salba Baby Stomper 10.09 x 31.97 x 15"wb
Indy 159s + 1/4 Indy riser pads
Bones Reds
OJ Superjuice 60mm
Mob
1 - 1/4" shorties hardware

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5403 on: March 22, 2023, 06:00:08 PM »
Boomer/Indy old head/bowl troll/etc set up

Black Label 35 Years Can Riky Barnes shape 10.25" x 31.5" with 14.5"-15" adjustable wheelbase (set at 14.5")
Independent Stage 4 166
Spitfire F4 Radial Full 58mm 97a
Bones Swiss 6
MOB
Rib Bones
1/4" mini logo riser pads
1-1/4" hardware

Put the Indy bar stickers on my hangers because of that one picture of Mike Archemide's truck (anyone have a link to it?)

Looks cool grinded down IMO  8)

WelcomeToHell

• Rep: 254
« Reply #5404 on: March 22, 2023, 06:22:34 PM »

Black Label 35 Years Can Riky Barnes shape 10.25" x 31.5" with 14.5"-15" adjustable wheelbase (set at 14.5")
Independent Stage 4 166
Bones Swiss 6
MOB
Rib Bones
1-1/4" hardware

Put the Indy bar stickers on my hangers because of that one picture of Mike Archemide's truck (anyone have a link to it?)

Tight. Definitely down with the Label.

Thebird

• Rep: 152
« Reply #5405 on: March 24, 2023, 06:02:05 AM »
Jason Adams black label 9 x 32.62 14.5 wb
Venture 6.1 w/riptide pivot cups
Spitfire f4 58 conical full 97
Quantum fusion bearings
Roughneck 1” Allen
Rad railz regular
Jessup

Yes.  This is a sick setup.

Spicy boi.

• Rep: 8
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5406 on: March 25, 2023, 07:52:13 AM »
Hey folks! Just picked up some Vision Reissues (if you’re Canadian seriously check their website, BOGO 50% AND $20 off 1st order) and was wondering if Thunder 161s would work out with some slimeballs cruiser wheels on em (Gonz and Psychostick)

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #5407 on: March 25, 2023, 03:56:06 PM »

I finally got around to getting a new set-up, something a bit more tubby yet carvy

Skull Skates football
32.5 x 10, 14.5 WB
ACE AF1 77s + 1/16 shock pads
Spitfire 56mm 97a
Bones Swiss 6

A word about the grip job.

The kanji on the grip say ‘gaman’ which means ‘to put up with’, or ‘to endure’.
It’s basically beat into every person here that you have to just ‘endure’ problems and shitty situations instead of actively find solutions.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 05:33:23 PM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #5408 on: March 26, 2023, 04:15:24 AM »

I finally got around to getting a new set-up, something a bit more tubby yet carvy

Skull Skates football
32.5 x 10, 14.5 WB
ACE AF1 77s + 1/16 shock pads
Spitfire 56mm 97a
Bones Swiss 6

A word about the grip job.

The kanji on the grip say ‘gaman’ which means ‘to put up with’, or ‘to endure’.
It’s basically beat into every person here that you have to just ‘endure’ problems and shitty situations instead of actively find solutions.

🔥🔥🔥🔥

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #5409 on: March 26, 2023, 10:36:42 AM »

Independent Stage 4 166
Bones Swiss 6
MOB
Rib Bones
1-1/4" hardware

Would definitely ride.

minilogoflow

• Rep: 80
« Reply #5410 on: April 07, 2023, 03:02:23 PM »
Cross post from the set up thread. I skated 4 Polar 9.0's in a row and wanted to switch it up. I really missed the mutant shape and they finally put out good graphic. Although I love the dude's skating and style, I'm not a big fan of DD's doodle art.

Back on the mutant shape

Heroin DD mutant Shape 10.1
Indy 169 ti (baseplates are from another set of forged hollows)
56mm Bones X Formula
Bones swiss 6
Mob
Shorty's 1 1/4" Allen
Indy 1/4 risers
Nike GT blazers

disclosed

• Rep: 168
« Reply #5411 on: April 08, 2023, 03:45:05 AM »
Cross post from the set up thread. I skated 4 Polar 9.0's in a row and wanted to switch it up. I really missed the mutant shape and they finally put out good graphic. Although I love the dude's skating and style, I'm not a big fan of DD's doodle art.

Expand Quote
Back on the mutant shape

56mm Bones X Formula
Bones swiss 6
Mob
Shorty's 1 1/4" Allen
Indy 1/4 risers
Nike GT blazers

[close]

i feel you. i got the TV one cause i like the shape but wasnt a big fan of the graphic. didn't help i got the worst top and bottom stains so the whole deck bummed me out. but i used it for the wet winter sessions so it was kinda good i didnt care much.

the French after that i love the graphic. then they had the Dead Toons (i liked that more than his TV one still) and then they had the worst one, the Snot wheels grahpic. and it was glow in the dark too... that one i hate so much.
this one is good. tho my least favorite of the Face Melters series. Craig's deck got the best graphic there i think.
just bummed these are dips. hope they got stains underneath. i've seen em do that once, but not common.

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #5412 on: April 08, 2023, 04:42:52 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Back on the mutant shape

56mm Bones X Formula
Bones swiss 6
Mob
Shorty's 1 1/4" Allen
Indy 1/4 risers
Nike GT blazers

[close]
[close]

i feel you. i got the TV one cause i like the shape but wasnt a big fan of the graphic. didn't help i got the worst top and bottom stains so the whole deck bummed me out. but i used it for the wet winter sessions so it was kinda good i didnt care much.

the French after that i love the graphic. then they had the Dead Toons (i liked that more than his TV one still) and then they had the worst one, the Snot wheels grahpic. and it was glow in the dark too... that one i hate so much.
this one is good. tho my least favorite of the Face Melters series. Craig's deck got the best graphic there i think.
just bummed these are dips. hope they got stains underneath. i've seen em do that once, but not common.

FWIW, I have an 8.75 Tom Day face melter graphic and the bottom ply under the dip is light pink/purple.

djoekr

• Rep: 290
« Reply #5413 on: April 08, 2023, 08:54:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Back on the mutant shape

56mm Bones X Formula
Bones swiss 6
Mob
Shorty's 1 1/4" Allen
Indy 1/4 risers
Nike GT blazers

[close]
[close]

[close]

FWIW, I have an 8.75 Tom Day face melter graphic and the bottom ply under the dip is light pink/purple.

Waiiiit, it's got a colored ply underneath? This changes everything.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #5414 on: April 08, 2023, 09:25:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Back on the mutant shape

56mm Bones X Formula
Bones swiss 6
Mob
Shorty's 1 1/4" Allen
Indy 1/4 risers
Nike GT blazers

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Mine does! I can upload a photo later. The dip is hot pink with a white undercoat. Beneath that is the pink/purple bottom veneer.

disclosed

« Reply #5415 on: April 08, 2023, 09:42:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Back on the mutant shape

56mm Bones X Formula
Bones swiss 6
Mob
Shorty's 1 1/4" Allen
Indy 1/4 risers
Nike GT blazers

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Mine does! I can upload a photo later. The dip is hot pink with a white undercoat. Beneath that is the pink/purple bottom veneer.

i hope they all do. the Hiroton dipped ones form 2021 my friends Zane board had had an Orange ply, but me and other friends who had  the Dave and Craig decks did not have colored plies.

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #5416 on: April 08, 2023, 10:08:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Back on the mutant shape

56mm Bones X Formula
Bones swiss 6
Mob
Shorty's 1 1/4" Allen
Indy 1/4 risers
Nike GT blazers

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i hope they all do. the Hiroton dipped ones form 2021 my friends Zane board had had an Orange ply, but me and other friends who had  the Dave and Craig decks did not have colored plies.

Maybe @darkthrone can tell us? Loving the 8.75 popsicle. Very stoked on the colored ply under the dip.

djoekr

« Reply #5417 on: April 08, 2023, 11:09:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Back on the mutant shape

56mm Bones X Formula
Bones swiss 6
Mob
Shorty's 1 1/4" Allen
Indy 1/4 risers
Nike GT blazers

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, same. The Zane 9.0 shape from that drop had a blank ply underneath and that's what put me off on buying the Dave deck from that drop.
Skateboarding is a joke

It's not that serious -

WelcomeToHell

« Reply #5418 on: April 08, 2023, 12:48:22 PM »
Here’s the wear on the 8.75. Only had it out for a quick session, but you can see the bottom ply.

minilogoflow

« Reply #5419 on: April 08, 2023, 02:10:04 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Back on the mutant shape

56mm Bones X Formula
Bones swiss 6
Mob
Shorty's 1 1/4" Allen
Indy 1/4 risers
Nike GT blazers

[close]
[close]

Yeah man besides the French one the last few were pretty bad. Imo I like the DD face melter the best but that might be a little cope from just buying this jk. I don't mind the dip but mine doesn't have any colored plys. Honestly graphic is the last thing I care about and this shape is so good I'll ride just about anything they put on it.

* Double checked it and it has a green bottom ply
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 03:10:50 PM by minilogoflow »

djoekr

« Reply #5420 on: April 09, 2023, 07:21:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Back on the mutant shape

56mm Bones X Formula
Bones swiss 6
Mob
Shorty's 1 1/4" Allen
Indy 1/4 risers
Nike GT blazers

[close]
[close]

[close]

Yeah man besides the French one the last few were pretty bad. Imo I like the DD face melter the best but that might be a little cope from just buying this jk. I don't mind the dip but mine doesn't have any colored plys. Honestly graphic is the last thing I care about and this shape is so good I'll ride just about anything they put on it.

Could you take a pic please? If this is the case then I might just buy one of the Dave decks from this drop.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 07:46:21 AM by djoekr »
Skateboarding is a joke

It's not that serious -

minilogoflow

« Reply #5421 on: April 09, 2023, 09:08:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Back on the mutant shape

56mm Bones X Formula
Bones swiss 6
Mob
Shorty's 1 1/4" Allen
Indy 1/4 risers
Nike GT blazers

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Could you take a pic please? If this is the case then I might just buy one of the Dave decks from this drop.

I need to do more slides but you can see the green ply underneath

djoekr

« Reply #5422 on: April 09, 2023, 03:49:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Back on the mutant shape

56mm Bones X Formula
Bones swiss 6
Mob
Shorty's 1 1/4" Allen
Indy 1/4 risers
Nike GT blazers

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I need to do more slides but you can see the green ply underneath

Appreciate it man! Might fuck around and buy one of 'em, even though I thought that I was over skating 10" decks. The art on the Mutants keeps pulling me back in.
Skateboarding is a joke

It's not that serious -

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #5423 on: April 12, 2023, 04:35:06 PM »
Egg shapes are fun, but turns out it's not the shape for me personally.

Grimple Stix Jeff Grosso "Nooner Shape" 9" x 31.8" with 14.25" wheelbase (scaled down version of Grosso's original 9.25" AH shape with rounded top rails)
Independent Pedro Delfino 159 Hollows with 92a Indy bushings
Powell Peralta Dragons 56mm 83a
Bones Super Red Ceramics
Indy 1" hardware
Santa Cruz Slimeline Rails
MOB

Skates really great so far on curbs/flat. If it rocks on transition, this maybe the shape I stick to for the foreseeable future as long as Antihero keeps making it.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #5424 on: April 12, 2023, 05:20:06 PM »

Grimple Stix Jeff Grosso "Nooner Shape" 9" x 31.8" with 14.25" wheelbase (scaled down version of Grosso's original 9.25" AH shape with rounded top rails)
Bones Super Red Ceramics
Indy 1" hardware
MOB

Skates really great so far on curbs/flat. If it rocks on transition, this maybe the shape I stick to for the foreseeable future as long as Antihero keeps making it.
That shape looks great.

djoekr

« Reply #5425 on: April 13, 2023, 12:13:42 PM »

Skated two 9.0 popsicle on Indy's and damn did I miss these Ace's. They're looser but still feel a lot more stabile. Also I got my pop just as high as I did on the popsicle. Got another Mutant on ice, and I think that I'm gonna skate that one after finishing this one.
Skateboarding is a joke

It's not that serious -

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #5426 on: April 13, 2023, 06:48:27 PM »

Bones Super Red Ceramics
Indy 1" hardware
MOB

I am with you on that, re egg shaped boards in general.

My Huffer is still good as a cruiser though.

As for that new shape, yes I can definitely see that being more fun for a lot of people who thought the normal Grosso was too big / long for them.

I wonder if Oliver is riding that shape, Goo special, so to speak.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #5427 on: April 16, 2023, 09:01:17 PM »
Spotted these Beamer Coupes popping up in shops (14.75 in. wheelbase and a snub nose w/ no kick). Anyone snag or planning to snag one? Always wanted an Evil Beamer, but price, size, whatever always got cold feet. This seems much more fun and actually has me excited, probably because I’m one of those weird people who’ve been riding the Beach Bum/Zogger-type shape as more of a crusty street board than a pure cruiser or bowl/mini board.

That said, I don’t think I’ve ever actually owned a board with the flat, old-school snub nose like this. Do you still run 215s and just have it hot rod up front, or do you size down to 169s and pair with an offset wheel to bring it back out a bit?

I also have some AF1 77s around here somewhere, and I would probably be willing to grab some Stage 4 166s if necessary. I’d rather do that than Stage XI 169s, to be honest.

https://nocomplyatx.com/products/krooked-skateboards-gonz-evil-beamer-coupe-ltd-skateboard-deck-10-75?variant=43227412988089&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&srsltid=AfAwrE56qD1RcQkFfVXmEY3x0ZqD14dFi24Xd5TsbqWQZYCCJpINGixwMDQ

disclosed

« Reply #5428 on: April 17, 2023, 08:39:10 AM »
Spotted these Beamer Coupes popping up in shops (14.75 in. wheelbase and a snub nose w/ no kick). Anyone snag or planning to snag one? Always wanted an Evil Beamer, but price, size, whatever always got cold feet. This seems much more fun and actually has me excited, probably because I’m one of those weird people who’ve been riding the Beach Bum/Zogger-type shape as more of a crusty street board than a pure cruiser or bowl/mini board.

That said, I don’t think I’ve ever actually owned a board with the flat, old-school snub nose like this. Do you still run 215s and just have it hot rod up front, or do you size down to 169s and pair with an offset wheel to bring it back out a bit?

I also have some AF1 77s around here somewhere, and I would probably be willing to grab some Stage 4 166s if necessary. I’d rather do that than Stage XI 169s, to be honest.

i have skated flat snub nose decks before. and found them not great for street skating, theyre more ideal for transition if anything for me. but compared stuff like a beach bum or zogger, altho they have more snubby noses, the concave still makes it so much easier to use in the streets.

that beeing said. those flat nose boards i had obviously did not have the beamer concave. which i have no idea how it effects your skating. and this new Beamer Coupe does look fun as hell.
from how it looks in photos, i'd say where the axle of the front truck would be, shoulnt be much difrent from where the back truck would sit on a Zip Zogger.
i feel like you could run 215s on this without hot rodding too much. especially if you use normal wheels.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #5429 on: April 17, 2023, 03:15:49 PM »
i want a heroin mutant
but i dont want to size up from 8.75 axles
is it a waste of time/$ to buy one and not size up trucks?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo